Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Are the Good Vibes Boro stems at O'Connel Woodworks the best option for the Milaana 3 in the states or something else someone could lead me towards??
I like my RBT stems from him. I thought the ones on OWW are built on demand so you could contact GoodVibesBoro directly to see how long the lead time is. He is usually very responsive to Instagram messages.

I also love my 508phineas stems, but I don't know if he is still making them.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Are the Good Vibes Boro stems at O'Connel Woodworks the best option for the Milaana 3 in the states or something else someone could lead me towards??

Yeah it's much better to follow good vibes on instagram for drops to his website store which are often over the weekend weekly, I will mention to him Milaana stems are desired (he cuts down the joints on his Tetra stems to be 19/19 for it) especially if you are not too picky about the colors or style etc...

The Rogue waxworks also has nice stems for RBT, you can get them made by Oregon glass blower and others too... Alan@toastytop.com has glass too I believe as well as wood and metal and more...

Depending what you're looking for exactly, I might be able to hook you up with some old and even some new unused RBT stems :tup:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Don't remember why Milaana3 was out of rotation, but she's back in now. There's something special about this vape, I just love her. I bought a few stems from @Ed's TnT , and a few more from Alyson, when I first got her, and forgot she came with glass stems, so now they are in the mix as well. A bit heartbroken my Splinter has quit, but Milaana3 helps me cope.

Dolpaca

Hi all.
A few quick questions regarding the Milaana 3
What kind of batteries do you use?
Where do you buy your screens?
What orientation do you put the battery in?

Dolpaca,

eideal852

Hi all.
What orientation do you put the battery in?
1. LG hg2 (brown pride)
2. Came wittem, or the 10 (ish) screen pack on amazon (glassixxx looks right)
3. Face down, ass up. (it doesnt matter, but generally, with a sliiight thought to safety, pps are positive down in case it vents...)

hinglemccringleberry

Hi all.
What orientation do you put the battery in
1- You don't have to run the LG HG2. Those can't always be found. I use Sony VTC5d's. Search further back in this thread for more recommendations.
2- Ebay/amazon/local smoke shop is the place to get basket screens (rimmed or rimless).
3- Nipple down.

eideal852

1- You don't have to run the LG HG2. Those can't always be found. I use Sony VTC5d's. Search further back in this thread for more recommendations.
2- Ebay/amazon/local smoke shop is the place to get basket screens (rimmed or rimless).
3- Nipple down.
well, they DID ask what I use!
-and that's what I use.

pretty readily available fwiw

eideal852,

Dolpaca

1. LG hg2 (brown pride)
2. Came wittem, or the 10 (ish) screen pack on amazon (glassixxx looks right)
3. Face down, ass up. (it doesnt matter, but generally, with a sliiight thought to safety, pps are positive down in case it vents...)

3- Nipple down.
I appreciate the responses you guys, I'll just use my Molicel p28a's for now.
Just ordered those glassixxx screens!
Ass up, nipple down, got it.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I appreciate the responses you guys, I'll just use my Molicel p28a's for now.
Just ordered those glassixxx screens!
Ass up, nipple down, got it.

Molicel are always great, especially for single battery use, strong with unregulated Milaana though the Sony's might have a bit more oomph... Yeah positive end down is safer practice here is all and there are a lot of options for different types of basket screens these days, you can also put flat screens in the stem's 18mm joint

Dolpaca

I am now 5 bowls into the Milaana 3.

The guy who sold it to me said that it's the manual transmission equivalent of vapes. He was absolutely right!

This is my first unregulated device. At first I was holding the button down for way too long and inhaling way too fast. I was leaving the bowl scorched in the middle and green on the edges.

Then the guy who sold it to me gave me some advice. He told me to hold the button down for 4 seconds and off for 2 seconds and repeat while inhaling slowly. I ended with a much more (though not entirely) evenly cooked bowl! Still have a tiny bit of green on the edges.

I'd love to hear how you all hit your Milaanas!

Also mine came with 2 short straight stems. I found them incredibly harsh by themselves so I decided to add some 3mm boro balls and a TRWW mouthpiece.

It hits like a dream now! Super cool and probably my tastiest vape yet.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
@Dolpaca I am not sure how well it translates as the unregulated vape I use has a slightly different heater and I've not owned a Milaana to compare. So grain of salt and all :). That said, I don't really need to pulse the button. I push the button, give it a few seconds to pre-heat (4-8 seconds depending on the battery level), and then start with a slow inhale and use the feel and temp of the vapor to guide me--when it starts to get hotter I start to increase my draw speed to compensate. This works for me for either taking several hits on a bowl or to one-hit one. The bowl sizes that I pack are about the same size as the basket screens that I believe most users use a Milaana with. Maybe worth a shot if no one else has better feedback, but I think everyone sort of learns their own intuitive way around the unregulated vapes.

SquirrelMaster

@Dolpaca I use a somewhat similar method of pulsing the fire button once it's hot. I turn my stem like @vapviking although my Mi3 heats pretty evenly. My Mi2 and Zion benefits from stem rotation more so. Both of my Splinter Z's are in the middle.
@gordontreeman With the Mi3 I've found that increasing your draw speed to account for a hot heater results in hot spitting. It's easier to pulse the fire button and slow draw strength to help with an even roast.

Dolpaca

Glad you are enjoying!.
I had an M3, and currently have a Splinter in the rotation, for both I made a habit of rotating the stem about a quarter turn between hits, for a more even abv result.
That is pretty genius, how did I not think of that!
@Dolpaca I am not sure how well it translates as the unregulated vape I use has a slightly different heater and I've not owned a Milaana to compare. So grain of salt and all :). That said, I don't really need to pulse the button. I push the button, give it a few seconds to pre-heat (4-8 seconds depending on the battery level), and then start with a slow inhale and use the feel and temp of the vapor to guide me--when it starts to get hotter I start to increase my draw speed to compensate. This works for me for either taking several hits on a bowl or to one-hit one. The bowl sizes that I pack are about the same size as the basket screens that I believe most users use a Milaana with. Maybe worth a shot if no one else has better feedback, but I think everyone sort of learns their own intuitive way around the unregulated vapes.
I'm gonna need to try this! A preheat might help get that last bit of green
What @vapviking said.

You can also stir. Vapelife X’s method is genius and dead easy. I use a variation for all of my stem vapes (after rotating a few times) to cash the bowl so I can toss the ABV guilt-free.

Prohibition habits die hard.
Yeah this is probably the best way to ensure that one gets every bit of green, but how did he touch the hot glass like that :o.
@Dolpaca I use a somewhat similar method of pulsing the fire button once it's hot. I turn my stem like @vapviking although my Mi3 heats pretty evenly. My Mi2 and Zion benefits from stem rotation more so. Both of my Splinter Z's are in the middle.
@gordontreeman With the Mi3 I've found that increasing your draw speed to account for a hot heater results in hot spitting. It's easier to pulse the fire button and slow draw strength to help with an even roast.
Yeah, draw speed has a huge effect on the results you get with this vape, more so than any other vape I own, I love it! It feels like I have complete control over the vape.

GetLeft

The Milaanas have long been my favorite vapes. Taste is second to none. Manual control gives complete control over the vaping process. They are the essence of vaping, imo. My lungs can't handle the heat of the vapor out of the short stem so I use a medium size dimpled stem from @Vladtheinhaler.

And don't be afraid to give the stem a quick stir mid session. I know for some having to stir is a major drawback but I've never found it to be a hassle with the Mi and the first hit after a stir (usually after the second hit) is typically the best hit of the session for me!

Top Bottom