Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

Skarda

I just got a Mi3 and already broke it within a week unfortunately :( seems like its just the button thats loose and not connecting right and my attempts at a 'fix' just seemed to ensure I broke it further even after getting it to hit a couple times. I am absolutely devastated at the moment and am cautious to move any further cause I don't wanna fuck it up even more but im certain it can be fixed easily I just dont know how. I tried to watch a video of a complete disassembly but it was privated so i cant even use that for help so im just left looking at a fancy paper weight at the moment. if anybody has any advice or anybody they could point me towards for a repair that would be greatly appreciated cause I would do anything to get this thing back working cause its quickly become my favorite portable for the (short) time ive had it so far.

Harrier Du Bois

Revachol Citizens Militia
I hope this isn't too off-topic:
I remember watching a live stream by @RastaBuddhaTao in his shop a few years ago (on Instagram I think?). After preparing a Milaana bowl he trickled some kind of liquid onto the herb and subsequently produced some unusually dense clouds after taking a hit. I'm very interested in this method. Could it be e-liquid? Or pure glycerin? Does anyone have an idea?

Maybe my memory is deceiving me. Couldn't find any information on this method online.

androponic

vaped.
I hope this isn't too off-topic:
I remember watching a live stream by @RastaBuddhaTao in his shop a few years ago (on Instagram I think?). After preparing a Milaana bowl he trickled some kind of liquid onto the herb and subsequently produced some unusually dense clouds after taking a hit. I'm very interested in this method. Could it be e-liquid? Or pure glycerin? Does anyone have an idea?

Maybe my memory is deceiving me. Couldn't find any information on this method online.
Ryan would put nicotine vape juice on his herb.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah it absolutely was e-juice, I don't know about it containing nicotine, but he would add that in the early days, and explain how it could help the load last longer get more clouds less risk of scorching the herb... But yeah that's your call if you want to actually vape, even organic pure whatever, e juice... as I myself just could would never lol :tinfoil: :lol:

Harrier Du Bois

Revachol Citizens Militia
Im not saying Ryan didnt do it lol, Im saying its not a good idea.
Apart from personal taste, is there a chemical/medical reason? I’m already using an e-cig with nicotine liquid.
Would the combination of herb and e-liquid make a difference compared to using both separately?

Harrier Du Bois,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Razhumikin

I dont think it would be necessarily medically harmful, just really gross tasting. It would almost certainly not vape at quite the same temp as the herb, and could cause scorching. Id also be really concerned about it falling onto the bottom heater/wood in the airpath and permanently staining it/giving it an odor. Wood is a pretty porous material and I think it would probably readily absorb some of the nic juice if it oozed out of the basket.

GoldenBud

Apart from personal taste, is there a chemical/medical reason? I’m already using an e-cig with nicotine liquid.
no, it's 58W when the battery is full, and I knew somebody vaping nicotine at 60W with a vape pen 510 "conduction" style (huge clouds), so it will work with fast draw etc', the Mi3 can do it fine, but vape upside-down so the liquid won't fall into the heater etc' and be carefull about the wood too

eideal852

I dont think it would be necessarily medically harmful, just really gross tasting. It would almost certainly not vape at quite the same temp as the herb, and could cause scorching. Id also be really concerned about it falling onto the bottom heater/wood in the airpath and permanently staining it/giving it an odor. Wood is a pretty porous material and I think it would probably readily absorb some of the nic juice if it oozed out of the basket.
yeah, i always took anything ryan did lightly, remember, any issues and he had a pile next to his chair

eideal852,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Shit Snacks

yeah, i always took anything ryan did lightly, remember, any issues and he had a pile next to his chair

Well to be fair, he pretty much only used one beater unit for himself, the vapes are just super resilient! (And he was pretty far from a snob about the quality for himself hahaha)

Shit Snacks

warren0728

the bottom of my milaana 2 came off and i know you can use almost any type of glue … wht glue do you guys recommend that holds well but would allow the bottom to separate again if i ever needed to get to the guts?

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
That's inaccurate, that's not really how it works. Draining the battery as fast as it could be would mean short-circuiting it (which would make it catch fire in case of Li-Ion cells) The Mi heater is not a short-circuit, it has some resistance, albeit a small one (sub-ohm) but still a finite value.

This is that resistance (which happens to vary slightly with temperature but that's not the point) that determines the current that will flow through the circuit for a given voltage. It will never draw from the cell more than this maximum current but it could already exceed what the cell can continuously deliver in a safe way (the so-called CDR of the cell, constant discharge rate) if ever you were using something else than the recommended cell models.

All RBT heaters have slightly different resistance values so it's not possible to give a precise answer without measuring said value. The peak power will only be outputted when the cell is fully charged (4.2V) but as soon as you hit the trigger the cell voltage will sag (due do its internal resistance) and thus the power will only decrease from that point on and be always less than this theoretical peak value. Then the more the cell discharges, the lower its voltage, and the lower the power output.

I did some measurements on my beta Mi1 a long while ago, but it's lost somewhere in this long thread I believe .

If you want to visualize that more easily you can use this free online tool: http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm

Keep the resistance locked (default "lock" buttons settings on the right), enter something like 0.40 ohm in the resistance field, that would represent your heater (not the real value but not that far away) Then enter 4.20V for the voltage. You'll see the current (A) and power (W) for that max theoretical fully charged value. Then use the down arrow to lower the voltage to simulate your cell discharging and watch how the A and W figures go down.

Last edited:
Top Bottom