• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

GoldenBud

right, it has some danger.. especially if you're vaped.. and the low value CP of the glass.. is a con, but a pro eh? so easy to warm it!

GoldenBud,
Reactions: danjens

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I think it's a good compromise. It cools vapor enough while not getting uncomfortably hot like a metal stem can.

I'm a big fan of glass to be honest, but even when careful I always break some. And when I don't clean them often enough, people make remarks about how gross the reclaim looks... Plus they say it looks like a crack-pipe, but that's a cultural issue where I live...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
seems to be easiest to clean, with this holder (link below) and 200-300ml of boiling water through the stem...already have done it 5 times, all is good with this stem, same taste profile.. @danjens method, i was surprised too about this.....

PS
I say it's easiest to clean because 10 seconds after the boiling water went through it, you can blow air inside and the stem will be dry as soon as possible (wood as you know.. a lot of tiny air pockets hence it can be dried super quickly..)

Oh I wouldn't think of doing the hot water with wood, interesting!

danjens

Can't be easier than a Q-tip and ISO though as it involves boiling water and potentially burning yourself in the process! ;)
That is absolutely one of the easiest methods. The Ed’s stem I use for my tinymight and one for mi have about 40 boro beads sandwiched between a couple basket screens. I found I could just pour hot water through after a session and the reclaim and bits are washed away, solvent free. And no removing beads, losing beads, repacking half the beads each time I want to clean the stem.
I rub a q-tip through a little wood conditioner and coat the inside portion of the stem which I still have access to, same with outside of the stem and done.
The hot water method may shorten the life of the stem? Though I have not seen any deterioration so far with too many boiling water cleanings to count at this point.

jbm

Congratulations. No need to replace it as long as you carry and store the device safely. Going pickless is another case of less is more, imo.
Somewhat in agreement, but I wouldn't carry it in a bag or pocket without removing the battery first. There was at least one case of the Zion M burning in a backpack due to there being no way to cut off the battery connections for transport.

GoldenBud

Somewhat in agreement, but I wouldn't carry it in a bag or pocket without removing the battery first. There was at least one case of the Zion M burning in a backpack due to there being no way to cut off the battery connections for transport.
there's a way, but it's logistic shit.... carrying the Mi with battery, but in a carrying case of something like an Electric toothbrush.... something like that.... secured with some plastic locking..... but it takes place in the backpack ofc.....or maybe just not keeping the battery inside when it's not in use....yeah...

GoldenBud,
Reactions: GetLeft

hinglemccringleberry

I ditched the pick. With it gone, I found it faster to install & remove the battery than to deal with screwing/unscrewing the retainer dial a bit farther, swinging the pick around into place, getting the gold plate where you need it relative to the pick, and screwing the dial tight again.
It's actually extra steps and it proved to be more trouble than it's worth. And it always bugged me that the pick was at an angle when covering the battery instead of being parallel to the battery.
This is my experience because I use the Mi3 case as my permanent storage solution, with the super convenient cutouts for holding the battery and short stem.. if you don't have that case, or don't like using it, then perhaps using the pick is more convenient.

Last edited:

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I invert mine if I stir, so I swivel the pick out to catch the edge of the stem for safety.

Agree about the pick/contact not being parallel to the unit being a friction point for my OCD. Also OCD about putting too much pressure on the assembly by over-tightening (to make it parallel).

Tricky feedback loop but luckily my meds are in the stem.

Last edited:

SpudBob

Just broke into my M1 this weekend to change the Button due to low output issues. Its number 989 IIRC .It was one of the last of the original M1 as he started to offer the 1.5's a short time later. The base was not hard to remove. Heated a razor knife and just slowly worked my way around till it came unglued. Was aghast to see that "Rino" had glued the button in place with no nut holding it in.-just a wad of glue! At first I thought it was toast but was able to slowly chip away the glue a little at a time and push the button out front.. Cant believe he glued ALL the nuts down making removal difficult. I know the main terminal bolt that does to the top/battery compartment was probably going to be glued as it had been an issue with it losening. Kinda hinky IMO!!! Got 3 buttons on the way and am considering putting small screws in the base to make future surgeries easier!!!

SpudBob

Just wondering what batteries most are using. Ive got 30Q's and HG2's but want to go with something else this time. My M1 is one of the cooler heater units and takes a bit of warm up time. The HG2's seem to heat up a bit quicker than the Samsungs do. Are the molicells any good??? The Sony VCT5's very hard to find. I would like to find one to WAKE UP the heater a bit more if possible!!!

SpudBob,

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
Just wondering what batteries most are using. Ive got 30Q's and HG2's but want to go with something else this time. My M1 is one of the cooler heater units and takes a bit of warm up time. The HG2's seem to heat up a bit quicker than the Samsungs do. Are the molicells any good??? The Sony VCT5's very hard to find. I would like to find one to WAKE UP the heater a bit more if possible!!!
I like Murata vtc5 but they are hard to find. For a bit more $ and a bit more performance
e you can go for the vtc5d which I currently use often and enjoy them.

Edit: imr has vtc5d's in stock

rvarick

I felt like my Mi2 was running kinda cool, so I switched to Samsung 20S 18650s. The mAh (i.e. capacity) isn't great (2000 mAh), but they have a 30A rating (!). I'd even seen that Mooch called them the "hardest hitting 18650 right now" at one point. They definitely bumped the performance up in my device, but YMMV.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Molicell P26A and P28A seem to work quite well of course! They have high amps but I didn't feel like there was a noticeable power boost really... Just a good cell All around
When they're new they seemed to hold their charge a little longer meaning I can get maybe an extra bowl or 2 out of them. But as they start to age they become just like the other batteries I use like the HG2.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Hey everyone, has anyone ever had to glue back the female glass to the Mi? Mine came apart a long time ago while using wooden stems, and I’m not sure what glue to use to glue it back together. Not sure if anyone knows what the original glue was?

Edit: found a video of him repairing a Splinter. Should be the same! I’m going to try and fix it later today and use it later. Haven’t used it in years.

Last edited:

androponic

vaped.
Hey everyone, has anyone ever had to glue back the female glass to the Mi? Mine came apart a long time ago while using wooden stems, and I’m not sure what glue to use to glue it back together. Not sure if anyone knows what the original glue was?

Edit: found a video of him repairing a Splinter. Should be the same! I’m going to try and fix it later today and use it later. Haven’t used it in years.
i did, a milaana 2, i used JB weld. it doesnt get hot enough there to worry. i just let it cure for a few weeks before using.

Top Bottom