• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

BakedDiogenes

Ok i see what you mean.
So it would be more of a carrying case and not a protective skin like I make (with the possibility of using the device with its skin on the back.)?
It would be quite bulky.
I'm gonna think about this
Yea, I wasn’t contemplating a protective skin, but more a protective pouch. The different woods I have are too beautiful to cover up while using. Just something to keep it all together while traveling.

Bulkiness would definitely be an issue for some, especially with something as chunky as the Mi 3.

Duba

Accessory Maker
Ok i understand.
Also, i'm asking how to protect the button with the fully closed pouch

Duba,

Duba

Accessory Maker
Yea, I wasn’t contemplating a protective skin, but more a protective pouch. The different woods I have are too beautiful to cover up while using. Just something to keep it all together while traveling.
I understand you, i love the wood of my vapes. I'm not trying to overshadow them but just to give them special care and protection, especially for outdoor use, always more risky. I try to make sure that the jacket is also pretty and beautiful to look at.
For this one, I was inspired by the Milaana2 itself!:)
I used a thicker leather (2.2mm instead of 1.6) for even more protection, result is good also.

I would love to have a Mi2, the one I have right now is a friend's and I have to give it back.:\

hinglemccringleberry

I bet that thing smells nice 🙂
It kinda is a protective skin though because there are holes for the button and for the intake port. So why not have a hole for the stem in that top strap, so you can vape with it on? Or a reverse snap button on the outside of the strap so you can swing it out of the way and snap it to the body when using the vape...

hinglemccringleberry,

Duba

Accessory Maker
I bet that thing smells nice 🙂
It kinda is a protective skin though because there are holes for the button and for the intake port. So why not have a hole for the stem in that top strap, so you can vape with it on? Or a reverse snap button on the outside of the strap so you can swing it out of the way and snap it to the body when using the vape...
the strap is used to protect the access to the oven to avoid that dirt comes inside when it is stored in a pocket or in a bag.
The design is made so that the strap gets caught between 2 snaps when in use. This partly answers your questions/proposals?

Thank you for your interest!

NimChimpsky

Loving my new Mi2 jackets from @Duba. I reached out a while back asking if he made then for the Milaana and he finally did once a friend lent him an Mi2. It was super cool for him to make that happen by request and he was great throughout the process.

As far as the jackets themselves, everything fits perfectly and looks fantastic 👌 High quality leather and craftsmanship with a great design. These will definitely make me feel better about taking her out and about. The battery/mp case is a very functional addition as well.

Highly recommend the maker and products.
https://flic.kr/p/2ngCt1S https://flic.kr/p/2ngCt2i

GetLeft

One of my Mi2's is making a strong burnt wood smell without it heating the stem. Really strange, might have to send to Unklmark to make a mi pipe....
If the heat isn't reaching the stem there's likely a short where the cell connects to the heater. A hint from a generous member of this fine community might be able to help you (I searched for Ryan's repair video but it's late and my search failed). Might be as simple as the tightening of a screw and quicker than sending it out for repair.

GetLeft,
Reactions: Ripstar

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Today used a Futo stem with my Mi2 and combusted for the first time. Def a learning curve with the longer stems. I did end up getting a 508phineas shorty which has been amazing!

Nice, welcome to FC! Yeah I love the tapered Phineas stems, I haven't used my short one yet, but I have the medium that I love, longer stems are a bit trickier with the Milaana, especially cooling stems, I like to be able to sense the vapor, unregulated analog special!

GoldenBud

after a long preheat for heating the glass.... it's definately one of my favorite heavy hitters in my collection....
abv:
abvmi3.jpg

Shit Snacks

Nice, welcome to FC! Yeah I love the tapered Phineas stems, I haven't used my short one yet, but I have the medium that I love, longer stems are a bit trickier with the Milaana, especially cooling stems, I like to be able to sense the vapor, unregulated analog special!

Oh I should mention that I used the shorter stem, and it is pretty phenomenal with Milaana actually! I'll get a photo next time

Shit Snacks

I really think a wooden stem/WPA is so important for Mi owners... the glass stems steal a lot of heat...

I don't really like wooden stems for that reason maybe? So much more hot air, no extra cooling, and always paranoid about not being able to clean them... Although now I've learned apparently the same wax used to condition the outside of wood can be used to clean the inside! But yeah I just don't like to use plain stems ever anymore either...

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah to summarize the pros and cons of the 3 most common stem materials:

1) Wooden stems
Pros:
  • Pretty / good looking
  • Super light
  • Medium resistance to breakage
  • Stem itself doesn't get hot to the touch and/or lips
  • Least energy wasted from the battery by conduction
Cons:
  • Least amount of cooling effect, super hot vapor if stem is short
  • Can give a parasitic wooden taste
  • Hardest to clean / can hold smells and reclaim

2) Glass stems
Pros:
  • Purest taste
  • Medium weight
  • Medium amount of vapor cooling
  • Stem only gets warm to the lips
  • Can be cleaned perfectly
  • Medium efficiency through conduction loss
Cons:
  • Super easy to break
  • Can be unsightly if not pristine clean

3) Metal stems
Pros:
  • Highest amount of vapor cooling
  • Can be cleaned perfectly
  • Nearly impossible to break
  • Quite good looking even if dirty, gunk is hidden
Cons:
  • Least energy efficient, a lot of heat goes to the stem
  • Heaviest stems
  • Some people can notice a parasitic metallic taste
  • Stem can get hot to the lips over time

Last edited:

GoldenBud

• Hardest to clean / can hold smells and reclaim
seems to be easiest to clean, with this holder (link below) and 200-300ml of boiling water through the stem...already have done it 5 times, all is good with this stem, same taste profile.. @danjens method, i was surprised too about this.....

PS
I say it's easiest to clean because 10 seconds after the boiling water went through it, you can blow air inside and the stem will be dry as soon as possible (wood as you know.. a lot of tiny air pockets hence it can be dried super quickly..)

Top Bottom