• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

Aryeah

Vape Man
I have 77/500 and have not had a problem, but just to be safe, I might try and snag some buttons just in case.

Aryeah,

androponic

vaped.
Was only one batch of Mi3s made? Are there only 500 total Mi3s?
yup 500 total.

i have a few MI3’s in storage (higher serials) but my daily driver is number 6/500 and original button and i got that one used too, couldnt pass up the deal.

the buttons are so cheap so i have a few on standby as some have said here, that type of button isnt rated for the current that a freshly charged high rated 18650 can punch tho so any could fail if you arent firm with usage. being light on the button is worse and more prone to arcing inside and wearing the contacts.

hinglemccringleberry

I still want to know who the lucky SOB is who got #420. When I placed my mi3 order I requested it, but to no avail.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

BakedDiogenes

All this talk of buttons, and mines crapped the bed. Time to break out the backup.

While I wait for the replacement @yngvlntn mentioned, I was curious if anyone had any thoughts about this slightly bigger switch I found?

I know the mounting hole would have to be roughed out 4mm more, but I’m curious if the higher amp rating (30A/12v) would solve any longevity issues. I’m a little doubtful the rating is accurate, but seems worth a look.

Zambilandian

Hey guys, figured id join in on the fun. My "Hot button" issue I posted about a few pages back seems to have been a failed button. When I went to replace it I noticed a few strands of wire clippings floating around by the threads of the button. Might have caused some sort of short idk. But I replaced the button and its now working better than before.

BakedDiogenes

Hmm..Just make sure the higher Amp rating dosnt fry the other components..
Uhhh…

The higher amp rating for the switch only affects the switch. It doesn’t mean the amperage throughout the circuit will increase, just that the switch itself is rated for a higher current. The only things affecting amperage in the circuit are your battery voltage and the heater resistance.

Last edited:

FearAndLawyering

Uhhh…

The higher amp rating for the switch only affects the switch. It doesn’t mean the amperage throughout the circuit will increase, just that the switch itself is rated for a higher current. The only things affecting amperage in the circuit are your battery voltage and the heater resistance.
i just read a post last night about mech mods and it touched on this. basically in a circuit your initial point of failure is the button. if there’s too much current it will fail and nothing bad happens. if you have a button rated too high then the battery ‘fails’ long before the switch does if something goes wrong (button getting stuck in fire, etc). now, that’s when dealing with mech mods with varying coils and batteries that probably aren’t up to spec.

you should be ok, but it’s a point worth considering

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Got @RogueGuy's acrylic and titanium mouthpiece WPA (along with a couple more tools of course) theroguewaxworks.com

PXL-20211009-191959033.jpg

Works really well as a comfortable mouthpiece, fantastic way to start a bowl in the Milaana, mmm mmm flaves
PXL-20211009-200229748.jpg

And a nice 14mm WPA, unfortunately a little wobbly in my particular hook (this hook has trouble connecting to every 14 mm, it only fits a few I have) but working well so far
PXL-20211009-200620382.jpg

At first I was looking for a more purple and blue color, but I am very happy with this pink, even though the anodized titanium color of it is very subtle (definitely like the purple and blue anodized colored titanium options he has better for more color) the pink shades of the acrylic are different at literally every angle, matches my canarywood Milaana II very well and the O'Connell inception hook...

Shit Snacks

danjens

LilHueso

Does anyone stempack? I’m trying to figure out how to do it as I mostly do smaller doses. So the herb would fall out and go straight on the heater. I don’t have any extra screens so is there some kind of household item I can use instead! Also can anyone show me pictures of how to do it? I’m not quite sure.

LilHueso,

4everpushingaboulder

Does anyone stempack? I’m trying to figure out how to do it as I mostly do smaller doses. So the herb would fall out and go straight on the heater. I don’t have any extra screens so is there some kind of household item I can use instead! Also can anyone show me pictures of how to do it? I’m not quite sure.

you can cut the rim off a basket and use that but it doesn’t hold as well.

4everpushingaboulder,
Reactions: LilHueso

Shit Snacks

You only stem pack, the herb chamber is in the stem, the stem is also your vapor path, do not load the herb anywhere else!

Load the basket screen with herb and insert the stem with the Milaana upside down, also keep it upside down and take your first hit that way, this will seat the load so then when you flip it it will not fall... Presuming you have a nice consistent grind loaded and gently tamped...

Yeah if you are asking about filling the entire joint instead of just the basket screen, using the basket screen as a cap, then yeah you should just buy a flat screen to put in the stem then? Or different stems

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Trackrat

hinglemccringleberry

Load the basket screen with herb and insert the stem with the Milaana upside down, also keep it upside down and take your first hit that way, this will seat the load so then when you flip it it will not fall... Presuming you have a nice consistent grind loaded and gently tamped...
When the herb is properly dried out for vaping, this just doesn't work. Lol.
Doesn't matter what type of grind, and tamping doesn't hold it in either. Neither does taking an initial hit to "weld it in place"...stuff still falls out the moment I turn it over. That's why I wedge a flat screen (3/8" diameter I think??) over the end of the basket screen, works like a charm. Not only does it contain the load, but I "stir" between hits by removing the stem and knocking the end of it against my knuckle a few times. It causes the load to rattle around. It's super convenient as a stirring method as long as you're only half-packing the basket screen. (more than a half pack and the load doesn't have enough room to mix around)

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

When the herb is properly dried out for vaping, this just doesn't work. Lol.
Doesn't matter what type of grind, and tamping doesn't hold it in either...part of the load always falls out the moment I turn it over. That's why I place a flat screen (3/8" diameter I think??) Over the end of the basket screen, works like a charm.

Oh I've never needed to dry out herb for vaping, that sounds unpleasant! Fresher moister herb always tastes better especially with pure convection mmm Have you tried a very fine grind well packed? Again after that first it upside down it really should not be able to fall out with a good load and grind... I've used dry herbs before too of course, never had any issues really, but I will say old rimless basket screens are better at this than the rimmed screens? How do you get a flat screen to stay on top of the basket screen? Wouldn't it just fall right out lol

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Trackrat

hinglemccringleberry

You're right, moist bud wouldn't present this problem, however moist bud is something I HATE putting in a grinder. Gums it up and just feels wrong. So that would mean I'd have to run finger ground nugs in the Milaana, which I've done a few times, it's a hassle, but I'll have to try that again.
I think moist bud hits smoother out of this type of vape, not as scratchy in the throat. (Though you're giving up cloud density)...I'll definitely give it a shot. But see, since it's finger ground nugs, it's definitely not staying in place and I would have to cap it with a flat screen anyway.
The 3/8" flat screens just wedge on top of the basket screen very easily when using your index finger to stick it on. And I can usually pry it off using my thumb nail. I posted a pic of it earlier in this thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom