Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Wow! So many replies, I can’t wait to sit down and give each and everyone my fullest attention. If all goes good with the other party, I feel I may just go through with the trade. It’d probably good practice for the Nomad II, ha! Thank you all for your replies.
Yeah, one button operation has its charm. All the Milaana are pretty capable; they work well with a j-hook or bubbler too.

Here's my cherry Milaana 1 with a custom stem from @Vlad the Inhaler

PXL_20210728_215811385~2.jpg

Okay, I am confused. Are the Milaana and the Milanna the same or the same with two different ways to spell it?

Elfstone,
Reactions: Vitolo
Now I know this gonna be a shiet show of a question, however I am a crossroads with the opportunity to purchase a new Milaana 3. Here is my dilema, since I am buying new and the TinyMight is within the same price. Well, Y’all see where I am going with this… all are welcome to chime in. :spidey:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Now I know this gonna be a shiet show of a question, however I am a crossroads with the opportunity to purchase a new Milaana 3. Here is my dilema, since I am buying new and the TinyMight is within the same price. Well, Y’all see where I am going with this… all are welcome to chime in. :spidey:

Haha if you want a comparison thread, you will have to post in the ask FC section, in fact there may already be a thread comparing these two (among others) there... It should be pretty apparent what the differences are between the two units, so you just have to decide what you want!

jjvapes

Thank you all for the suggestions! Two fisting it is!! :tup: Responsibly of course. :rofl:

Just wanted to check in and say that after using both devices for the last few weeks I’m really enjoying them. I think I prefer the 2 over the 3 right now (due to size and my tendency to ride the button more on the 3 and combust). But they both provide a fantastic vaping experience and I can’t wait until I have both devices completely dialed in.

canadianvapelife

I posted this picture before in the old thread I think. I can't say for sure, I've been hitting my Milaana 2 and 3 all day so I'm a little blasted 🚀. I guess what I'm saying is that I fucking love the Milaana and thank you Ryan for making wicked vapes!
I just picked up my first mi2. Any tips for big rips? I've only used a splinter v2

I posted this picture before in the old thread I think. I can't say for sure, I've been hitting my Milaana 2 and 3 all day so I'm a little blasted 🚀. I guess what I'm saying is that I fucking love the Milaana and thank you Ryan for making wicked vapes!

I just picked up my first mi2 and was looking for some tips on how to get big rips. I have a cpl splinter v2's and love them and hoping to get the mi2 dialed in as well

SquirrelMaster

@Mac09

I start with a fairly loose pack, maybe just enough tamp to secure the flower.

Then I hold the button steady; I rarely feather the button as my draw strength keeps things rolling smoothly. I preheat with Molicel 26A's for maybe 4-5 seconds and then begin inhaling. I take a minimum 10 second draw and let go of the button for the last few seconds. If you see tunnelling (center dark, edges light) you may need to slow your draw and/or feather the button. Stirring helps a lot too.

If you need to feather the button, try holding and counting 1-2-3, then off 1, back on 1-2-3 or whatever works for you. I like to count in my head for my Mi3 because it runs so much hotter, otherwise if I increase my draw strength there's tunnelling happening. My Mi2 is tamer in that sense but I also take strong draws so it's best to just experiment as everyone is a little different.

canadianvapelife

@Mac09

I start with a fairly loose pack, maybe just enough tamp to secure the flower.

Then I hold the button steady; I rarely feather the button as my draw strength keeps things rolling smoothly. I preheat with Molicel 26A's for maybe 4-5 seconds and then begin inhaling. I take a minimum 10 second draw and let go of the button for the last few seconds. If you see tunnelling (center dark, edges light) you may need to slow your draw and/or feather the button. Stirring helps a lot too.

If you need to feather the button, try holding and counting 1-2-3, then off 1, back on 1-2-3 or whatever works for you. I like to count in my head for my Mi3 because it runs so much hotter, otherwise if I increase my draw strength there's tunnelling happening. My Mi2 is tamer in that sense but I also take strong draws so it's best to just experiment as everyone is a little different.
So I pack the same way I do with my splinter. Just tried a bowl and had to hold the button for 20 seconds with a 5 second preheat just to get somewhat of a decent hit. Nothing like what the splinter can do unless there is something wrong with this milaana. I also tried warming a bowl with a hit from the splinter first and then tried the milaana but still very little vapor from it

Shit Snacks

So I pack the same way I do with my splinter. Just tried a bowl and had to hold the button for 20 seconds with a 5 second preheat just to get somewhat of a decent hit. Nothing like what the splinter can do unless there is something wrong with this milaana. I also tried warming a bowl with a hit from the splinter first and then tried the milaana but still very little vapor from it

Doesn't make sense to not use the Milaana, you want the heater to be heat soaked so it's not just the bowl... First question would be your battery level, a fresh battery you should not be holding the button for 20 seconds with a 5-second preheat, should not be necessary at all... Try drawing slower in the beginning, speeding up as the heater warms up, more as you let off the button to clear?

canadianvapelife

Doesn't make sense to not use the Milaana, you want the heater to be heat soaked so it's not just the bowl... First question would be your battery level, a fresh battery you should not be holding the button for 20 seconds with a 5-second preheat, should not be necessary at all... Try drawing slower in the beginning, speeding up as the heater warms up, more as you let off the button to clear?
I understand what you mean about wanting the heater to be heat soaked. It was just something I was experimenting with as I wasn't getting any good hits. My battery was fully charged when I put it in. I can get massive rips on the splinter so I do know how to use the rbt product when it comes to draw speed

Shit Snacks

I understand what you mean about wanting the heater to be heat soaked. It was just something I was experimenting with as I wasn't getting any good hits. My battery was fully charged when I put it in. I can get massive rips on the splinter so I do know how to use the rbt product when it comes to draw speed

:shrug:well different products entail different draw speed despite being both RBT, this is Mi2? And SplinterV2? I draw slower on Mi2

canadianvapelife

:shrug:well different products entail different draw speed despite being both RBT, this is Mi2? And SplinterV2? I draw slower on Mi2
Yes splinter v2 and mi2. I've tried slow draw and fast draw. Start slow then go fast. Nothing seems to be working overly well. Especially with what kind of hits I've seen people on YouTube videos getting 🤦‍♂️☹️

Shit Snacks

Yes splinter v2 and mi2. I've tried slow draw and fast draw. Start slow then go fast. Nothing seems to be working overly well. Especially with what kind of hits I've seen people on YouTube videos getting 🤦‍♂️☹️

I don't think it's helpful to compare to random YouTube people, using I don't know what exactly, and I don't know how long you've had it, but the best thing to do is spend as much time as you can with just it to learn the ins and out, I know it is tempting and logical to think of it like the splinter, but it really is different, I don't know I learned Milaana before splinter so I don't really know what to tell you, sorry! Different batteries???

SquirrelMaster

Something is not right, those are the kind of hits I take and I get 2-3 before I dump. What battery are you using? And for comparative purposes what mod and batteries are paired with your Splinter?

I don't have a regular Splinter but both my Z's take a decent pre-heat but also pump out huge clouds. The Splinter has the same heater as the Milaana so I would assume they're similiar. Do you find the airflow the same?

canadianvapelife

I don't think it's helpful to compare to random YouTube people, using I don't know what exactly, and I don't know how long you've had it, but the best thing to do is spend as much time as you can with just it to learn the ins and out, I know it is tempting and logical to think of it like the splinter, but it really is different, I don't know I learned Milaana before splinter so I don't really know what to tell you, sorry! Different batteries???
No worries! I appreciate all the input regardless

Something is not right, those are the kind of hits I take and I get 2-3 before I dump. What battery are you using? And for comparative purposes what mod and batteries are paired with your Splinter?

I don't have a regular Splinter but both my Z's take a decent pre-heat but also pump out huge clouds. The Splinter has the same heater as the Milaana so I would assume they're similiar. Do you find the airflow the same?
I am using an LG hg2 with the milaana. With the splinter I have a geek vape Aegis x with Samsung 25r batteries

Razhumikin

I wanna give a shout out to a great new wooden stem producer, Milliken Wood Works on Etsy. I just got a granadillo stem from him and not only does it look great, but it has a suprising amount of cooling, more even than my wood stem from ed.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I wanna give a shout out to a great new wooden stem producer, Milliken Wood Works on Etsy. I just got a granadillo stem from him and not only does it look great, but it has a suprising amount of cooling, more even than my wood stem from ed.
001.jpg

I put a screen in this pod holder and it makes A better basket screen replacement replacement.
The MI2 works best for me this way.
005.jpg

I like to joint load the adapter with the MI3 and prefer this over the other.

Top Bottom