• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I generally agree with you in that the basket screen is most efficient as far as ease of use and getting easy hits. I've been using my Milaana that way for a couple years now.

Now I find that I have to pack two or three basket screens back to back to get to where I want to be. I also tend to vape with other people and vaping only .1-.15 at a time is a little tedious since I have to repack it every time the rotation goes around, lol.

Everybody needs their own vape! or stem/basket lol though my anxiety cannot imagine sharing a vape any other way these days anymore... But I think it could be tougher for others to get as good of hits loading the other way? Find out, report back!

CremeFraiche1127

Everybody needs their own vape! or stem/basket lol though my anxiety cannot imagine sharing a vape any other way these days anymore... But yeah I think it could be tougher for others to get as good of hits loading the other way... Find out and report back!
Definitely fair! I've had the same small group I've been chilling with since the beginning so I feel a little safer doing that. None of them use vapes though so generally it defaults to me packing the bowls for them so being able to pack the whole joint would be great!

M3 Element

I just noticed an eye lash shaped crack in my short smoked XLR8 stem. This thing has never taken a fall and ive only been using it for about a few weeks. Anyone else have this happen?

IMG_2841.jpg

hinglemccringleberry

Exactly you have to turn up the heat and you have to take long draws, and you have to load a lot more weed... Also going to take a lot more battery life. It is far more efficient to load a little bit in the basket screen, no heat is stolen by extra metal, and you will get better flavor and don't have to use much battery or such high temperatures, you'll get more true temperature control... So similar for Milaana it is far easier to control and get better extraction loading in basket screens, without stirring as well, all around basket screen loading is the way to go with these glass stem-based vapes in my experience.
I would think that this is only true for the Milaanas that don't run hot. On the ones that do run hot, placing the load farther from the heater would be beneficial according to what I've read. User tb42091 has a Mi3 and gets great results doing it that way...

"I cut a screen to slide up in the stem so I could cap it with the given basket screens and to get the load further from the heater. Loaded it up with like 1/2 or 2/3 inch of relatively coarsely ground flower, with absolutely no tamp, and actually a little bit of extra space in the chamber.

I started with a fresh VTC6 and typically had to hold the button for 3 seconds as a preheat, and another 3 seconds to get vapor as I inhale - then modulate from there, often on 2-3 seconds - off 1-2 seconds and repeating that way, inhaling a couple seconds after letting off the button.

I got probably 2 extra tasty wispy hits making sure I wouldnt combust, got like 3-4 really solid hits with really good taste, 1 pretty big hit that was the downturn in taste, and 2 medium hits that finished off the bowl with relatively lousy taste. I removed the stem and tapped it 3 times throughout the session to sort of stir the pack, but when I dumped it out I was pleasantly surprised with how well extracted the whole bowl was, and pretty even too. So my initial impression is, I really like it. 1000% worth the wait. "

He posted a pic of his AVB and its suuuper even. IME, mesh screens don't steal heat from the load. Only dosing capsules do that...

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I would think that this is only true for the Milaanas that don't run hot. On the ones that do run hot, placing the load farther from the heater would be beneficial according to what I've read. User tb42091 has a Mi3 and gets great results doing it that way...

"I cut a screen to slide up in the stem so I could cap it with the given basket screens and to get the load further from the heater. Loaded it up with like 1/2 or 2/3 inch of relatively coarsely ground flower, with absolutely no tamp, and actually a little bit of extra space in the chamber.

I started with a fresh VTC6 and typically had to hold the button for 3 seconds as a preheat, and another 3 seconds to get vapor as I inhale - then modulate from there, often on 2-3 seconds - off 1-2 seconds and repeating that way, inhaling a couple seconds after letting off the button.

I got probably 2 extra tasty wispy hits making sure I wouldnt combust, got like 3-4 really solid hits with really good taste, 1 pretty big hit that was the downturn in taste, and 2 medium hits that finished off the bowl with relatively lousy taste. I removed the stem and tapped it 3 times throughout the session to sort of stir the pack, but when I dumped it out I was pleasantly surprised with how well extracted the whole bowl was, and pretty even too. So my initial impression is, I really like it. 1000% worth the wait. "

He posted a pic of his AVB and its suuuper even. IME, mesh screens don't steal heat from the load. Only dosing capsules do that...

I still disagree, even in my hot running one, still find it most efficient to put the load as close as possible. All the control is in how you draw and use the button... Technique!

arb

Semi shaved ape
I still disagree, even in my hot running one, still find it most efficient to put the load as close as possible. All the control is in how you draw and use the button... Technique!
Same exact thing can be said for the other option also........technique.
😁
Just playing it is always easier to be efficient with smaller loads.
🌯

hinglemccringleberry

Ok, but if doing it tb42091's way makes the vape alot easier to control at the expense of alittle battery life, I support it! Lol Besides, this is some darn good extraction for someone who didn't even stir...can you get it better than this?
miavb.jpg

Last edited:

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi

I agree about the closer to the heater the better - with the rim basket screen the Milaana is a very efficient microdoser. In addition to the button I also started messing more with the air intake and now with some practice its really taken my hit to another level - roastier/toastier and faster than before.

Shit Snacks

Ok, but if doing it tb42091's way makes the vape alot easier to control at the expense of alittle battery life, I support it! Lol Besides, this is some darn good extraction for someone who didn't even stir...can you get it better than this?
miavb.jpg

Yeah I have no problem getting full even extraction without any stirring, I don't even like to take it that dark personally... To be fair I beta tested RBT's own original Milaana, so I have been using this vape for nearly five years now, understandable that my own technique loading basket screens close to the heater would be very honed in... I also do prefer the old rimless RBT basket screens to the newer rimmed versions for best results.

tb42091

:o It's almost like people like to use their devices differently based on personal preferences :lol: and it also seems like, at least with the Mi3, not all are exactly equal. I'm sure there are slight differences in the resistance plus the amount and shape of the mesh in the heater.

Ripstar

My M3 was in the mail today! alright. Waiting for the battery to charge, what a great looking Vape!
Do you guys leave your pickguard on? Saw a few videos where it looked like people removed theirs....

Shit Snacks

My M3 was in the mail today! alright. Waiting for the battery to charge, what a great looking Vape!
Do you guys leave your pickguard on? Saw a few videos where it looked like people removed theirs....

I left mine on though I don't use it much for battery, mostly it's like a kickstand for me lol

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: arb

Ripstar

I left mine on though I don't use it much for battery, mostly it's like a kickstand for me lol
lol, I might use it to play my guitar as a "all in one" device....

Where are you guys getting some of these awesome stems from?
I saw the webpage today, RIP RBT. So sorry to hear!

arb

Semi shaved ape
lol, I might use it to play my guitar as a "all in one" device....

Where are you guys getting some of these awesome stems from?
I saw the webpage today, RIP RBT. So sorry to hear!
Don't get too sad he has taken his ball and gone home a few times now.
😆

Ripstar

Holy cow, this things HITS! First hit was super terpy and the couple following were just as enjoyable. I can definitely see how this is a top notch mircordosing unit. Loading is easy and it pulls quickly. Good god, I am so glad I found my way to artisan vapes. Thanks to everyone who helped finding my way.

Wow, after second bowl, it definitely can get roasty if you're not careful. Flavor decreased but I am at the bottom of the learning curve. Great results but still need some time to get the pulls right.

SonicBacon

I just noticed an eye lash shaped crack in my short smoked XLR8 stem. This thing has never taken a fall and ive only been using it for about a few weeks. Anyone else have this happen?

View attachment 3518
@M3 Element Mine came with a crack like that all the way around, right near the top. I tried snapping it off with no success so it is still plenty strong. I have been using it for months with no problem aside from it looking like I dropped it.

SonicBacon,

M3 Element

@M3 Element Mine came with a crack like that all the way around, right near the top. I tried snapping it off with no success so it is still plenty strong. I have been using it for months with no problem aside from it looking like I dropped it.
That’s reassuring then. Mine was one of the freebies from my Milaana 3 preorder but I’ve been using it primarily in my Tetra P80.

Top Bottom