Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

Djsleepy

Hey everyone! Ryan did one more live today so I was holding off posting so I could combine it all. Main points from the unveiling were...

The ceramic heater that looks awesome. I’ll post a photo of the screenshot of it, can someone tell me the best way to post photos to FC?

Plunger driven battery contact, super reliable and very good contact for 18650’s

Wiring on the inside is really cleaned up as far as connections go.

The final model will be a bit skinnier. Going to bring it in 1mm on either side.

The screw on the bottom plate will be Allen wrench not Phillips.

Still deciding on pick color for the top. There is a white option, Grey/black, and tortoise shell. May do 2 if we get to a certain preorder number.

And to close the unveiling of the milaana 3 IG live Ryan got really high using the 3 and went to bed haha.

Today’s live was just Ryan taking apart and reassembling the milaana 3, nothing more than what I put up there^

And Ryan showed off some wood burned units from @kush.coffee on IG. Going to do a giveaway of a milaana 2 and Splinter Z wood burned on IG.

I believe that’s all!

[IMG]
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2019
Www.rastabuddhatao.com
Login • Instagram

DJSleepy,
Reactions: unklmark

Guest399

i have two TM but i loves my Milaana 2 at least the same :ove:
it is better as i thought and i love to play with the heater

Guest399,

rendawg90

Finally tested out my new Macacauba Nub Cooling Stem from KGWoodCrafts. It’s filled with 45 3mm glass beads. This tiny stem is a great addition. I feel a lot better about carrying my Milaana in my pocket when out for walks. Don’t have to worry about a glass stem.

Attachments

• 76FCF4E8-45C1-4C54-9301-9484C35B0DF3.jpeg
    76FCF4E8-45C1-4C54-9301-9484C35B0DF3.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 74

glenCOCO

Well since the prize is a Milaana 3 it only makes sense to quote the post that started it all for one of the best and most beautiful vapes out there. Let's take a trip back to 2015.

"We have our thick skin on so don't be afraid to tell us what you think" ...people really took that one to heart throughout the years, lol

Greetings FC. The RBT Beta Team has been working behind the scene on the development of a single battery stealth unit using the Zion heater technology. After such great results with the Zion thread we are here even earlier in the development process with a review of the Alpha unit that is headed to @pakalolo. We have our thick skin on so don't be afraid to tell us what you think. Big things start with small seeds so please be bring the right amount of organic food and leave the BS for the other threads.

Peace,
RBT

Click to play YouTube Video
https://www.rastabuddhatao.com

SonicBacon

I love my Splinter Z, but I'm dying to get a Milaana. Like, I wake up in the middle of the night and instantly it pops in to my head... I just can't stop thinking about it, it's taking over my brain, people! :mental:

tb42091

I just wanted to transfer my initial impressions to the new site, I'll follow up soon but I'm still loving it.
" [IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

My Mi3 arrived a day early! #317 This is my first unregulated device. It came with an extra screw that is nearly the length of the body, maybe the other temp screw? Idk it doesnt have the same head as the battery screw though - I should've taken a pic of it but I didnt - I'll get around to it. I also got 2 normal stems, 1 xl8r, and 2 smoked xl8r juniors.

I conditioned it with beeswax, gave it a little burn off and washed all the stems and then cut a screen to slide up in the stem so I could cap it with the given basket screens and to get the load further from the heater. Loaded it up with like 1/2 or 2/3 inch of relatively coarsely ground flower, with absolutely no tamp, and actually a little bit of extra space in the chamber. The long xl8r wiggles a tiny bit in the device. (I never understood XL8R - was it supposed to be XLR8R? Like accelerator? Idk I'm rambling)

I started with a fresh VTC6 and typically had to hold the button for 3 seconds as a preheat, and another 3 seconds to get vapor as I inhale - then modulate from there, often on 2-3 seconds - off 1-2 seconds and repeating that way, inhaling a couple seconds after letting off the button.

I got probably 2 extra tasty wispy hits making sure I wouldnt combust, got like 3-4 really solid hits with really good taste, 1 pretty big hit that was the downturn in taste, and 2 medium hits that finished off the bowl with relatively lousy taste. I removed the stem and tapped it 3 times throughout the session to sort of stir the pack, but when I dumped it out I was pleasantly surprised with how well extracted the whole bowl was, and pretty even too. Pics above (lmk if I screw them up
:D
) - The first few hits the vapor was really cool, as the stem heated up the vapor slowly got warmer but I never felt like it was hot - remember long xl8r.

So my initial impression is, I really like it. 1000% worth the wait. Timing my button pressing definitely takes more focus than most of my other vapes but I caught on relatively quick and I assume with enough use it will become more second nature and I wont need to focus so hard. Only real qualm is my brass plate and battery door had some blemishes that havent really wiped off with iso, though I'm hoping with a little extra elbow grease I can get them in more of a mirror finish. Oh and I find the button placement kinda weird but not awkward, just weird cause the ring/middle finger operation."

GetLeft

Thanks for the pics @TB42091 . The idea of setting a screen further down the stem makes sense based on some of the early feedback on the 3. I recall it being tricky fishing out a deep-set screen from an xl8r stem. How do you fish it out of there? Small tweezers? The fishhooked safey pin? :tup:

tb42091

@GetLeft - So the screen in those pics was a regular flat screen cut to size and it came out with a little bump, I have since bought 1/2 inch dome screens someone recommended in the TinyMight thread that are a much better fit. I use the handle of a storz and bickel brush to place it and to remove it I use it to pin the screen against the side or dislodge it and slide it out. On the shorter stems I can poke them out from the mouth end with a sticky brick poker or dab tool.

I'll post more pics of my new screens and stuff in the next few days, but I agree. I think moving the load away from the heater makes this vape much less likely to scorch/combust. I've found the Mi3 to be pretty forgiving in that sense, I have yet to combust. (Fingers crossed)

Frosti

The Milaana has been my every day OTG since I bought a Mi1 originally owned and shaped by @Khelek41girl (feels soooo good). And now I have a 3 to add to the mix, as well as a beautiful bocote pick from @unklmark. Needless to say I'm a fan, both of this vape, and the remarkable craftsmanship of this community. Cheers all around!

View attachment 181

Those stems are great looking! Where did you get them?

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Here a post from a old good member in the old FC, the video is nice and concern the first iteration of the Milaana: Discontinued - The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Uploading a quick intro video with a few puffs now. Lighting was poor so clouds look underwhelming, but i will fix that for my next video. Just a quick test vid showing scale and speed on my second bowl ever to get something out to you guys.
Edit. People are going to love using this thing with water. So damn small, plug and play.

Megaton

I love my Splinter Z, but I'm dying to get a Milaana. Like, I wake up in the middle of the night and instantly it pops in to my head... I just can't stop thinking about it, it's taking over my brain, people! :mental:

Same dude, I have a Z and a custom splinter original, but I am still eyeing up a Mi2, my poor wallet keeps on telling me No though!

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
20200519_071551[1].jpg

This is the screw that cam with my Mil3. I have not used it yet. With the brown battery I tend to press the button for about 3 seconds and let go for three and press again. I take long drags. With the green battery I press the button for about 1/2-3/4 of my long draw.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Here a post from a old good member in the old FC, the video is nice and concern the first iteration of the Milaana: Discontinued - The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Uploading a quick intro video with a few puffs now. Lighting was poor so clouds look underwhelming, but i will fix that for my next video. Just a quick test vid showing scale and speed on my second bowl ever to get something out to you guys.
Edit. People are going to love using this thing with water. So damn small, plug and play.

Love seeing my old videos pop up. Keep on keeping on all.

Last edited:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Wow... Way too many people to list so please know so much love to you all for the participation in the #RBTHistory contest both here and on IG. It has been really nice to stop and look back on the last 5 years of RBT as we head into the New.

As many know RBT has been fighting the good fight to get back on top of the front end of the business after Cole’s departure. Sorry for being scarce here but wanted to come with good news that all orders and CS issues should be caught up! Many thanks for all the patience and nice notes of encouragement during a difficult time. The following is a list of the work completed over the past month or so… such a blur! If I missed anyone in the craziness please email me at ryan@rastabuddhatao.com and I will be sure to take care of you.

100% visual inspection and electrical test on all units starting with the 420 shipments

Worked to send customers buttons or repair failed buttons of the Mi3 in the field (first batch)

Identified a Mi3 low probability failure of a loose battery hatch screw (videos on YouTube)

Quarantined the remaining Mi3 units from the first batch (potential failed button) to do a 100% replacement on buttons

Worked with the manufacture to replace the buttons in the second batch with a new validated button

Did a 100% rework of the second batch of Mi3 to add the thread locker to the battery hatch screw (even a potential small problem is a problem)

Worked to completion over 150 customer service issues

Tested the "low temperature screw" and generated a resolution that addresses both the unit temperature issue as well as the potential but unlikely loose screw.

Mi3 Launch Issue Resolution Summary

Three issues where found during the Mi3 Launch. One is that units ran cold due to high resistance. The second is that the battery hatch screw could loosen over time. The third is about 5% of the buttons in the first batch failed in the first two weeks.

The first two issues are being resolved in that all units will undergo a test to determine if the low temperature screw is required and will use a thread locker to ensure that it does not loosen. The third issue can be fixed DIY as RBT is sending out buttons for repair and there is a video on the RBT YouTube to assist in the fix… or you can send your unit in for repair. At this point, the button the number of failed buttons is dropping like Covid and the new units have all issues addressed!

Detailed Technical Nerd Talk

The added contact resistance of the Mi3 from adding the ceramic heater insert reduced the starting power of the Mi3 to only being able to supply one or two loads per battery and could not generate "combustion" levels of heat with a fresh battery. Basically, it acts like a nearly dead battery. So, a custom screw (a beauty i might add) had to be machined out of brass in order to reduce the resistance of the total system to have more "head room". This was time consuming and very expensive but was required so the 3 did not take a step back in performance and battery life as compared to the 2 so the time and money was spent to do right thing regardless as to what you might have read in that now defunct forum. So, please lets remain calm here… stick to the facts… and if you need anything from RBT please email me at ryan@rastabuddhatao.com and I will be sure to take good care of you.

To close on a positive note....

SALE

Hey all.... Sorry for the delay in kicking off the New Fuck Combustion Grand Opening Sale. The store will open back up again tonight at midnight EST and the sale will run through midnight 5/24. The code for the sale is hidden in the signature below as to only be visible to active members here. This is done in order to entice people from Reddit and IG to create an account here and enjoy what @pakalolo and @Stu have made for us so please respect this and refrain from posting the code elsewhere and encourage all to join the NFC. You could make an argument that without FC and the Z-Team the RBT might not be. I am excited to give back to you all as the New RBT direct sales model allows for some slack to give back.

Please check out the RBT Open Source thread to see what exciting things folks are doing with the RBT tech!

Last but not least thanks so much for the great entries for the RBT NFC History contest and to @pakalolo and @Stu for doing what they do for the love of vaporization and this community. All raise your vapes to these two dudes and the new mods... and count your vapor blessings as I know I am :)

Peace,
ryan

Last edited:

hayduke

Wow... Way too many people to list so please know so much love to you all for the participation in the #RBTHistory contest both here and on IG. It has been really nice to stop and look back on the last 5 years of RBT as we head into the New.

As many know RBT has been fighting the good fight to get back on top of the front end of the business after Cole’s departure. Sorry for being scarce here but wanted to come with good news that all orders and CS issues should be caught up! Many thanks for all the patience and nice notes of encouragement during a difficult time. The following is a list of the work completed over the past month or so… such a blur! If I missed anyone in the craziness please email me at ryan@rastabuddhatao.com and I will be sure to take care of you.

100% visual inspection and electrical test on all units starting with the 420 shipments

Worked to send customers buttons or repair failed buttons of the Mi3 in the field (first batch)

Identified a Mi3 low probability failure of a loose battery hatch screw (videos on YouTube)

Quarantined the remaining Mi3 units from the first batch (potential failed button) to do a 100% replacement on buttons

Worked with the manufacture to replace the buttons in the second batch with a new validated button

Did a 100% rework of the second batch of Mi3 to add the thread locker to the battery hatch screw (even a potential small problem is a problem)

Worked to completion over 150 customer service issues

Tested the "low temperature screw" and generated a resolution that addresses both the unit temperature issue as well as the potential but unlikely loose screw.

Mi3 Launch Issue Resolution Summary

Three issues where found during the Mi3 Launch. One is that units ran cold due to high resistance. The second is that the battery hatch screw could loosen over time. The third is about 5% of the buttons in the first batch failed in the first two weeks.

The first two issues are being resolved in that all units will undergo a test to determine if the low temperature screw is required and will use a thread locker to ensure that it does not loosen. The third issue can be fixed DIY as RBT is sending out buttons for repair and there is a video on the RBT YouTube to assist in the fix… or you can send your unit in for repair. At this point, the button the number of failed buttons is dropping like Covid and the new units have all issues addressed!

Detailed Technical Nerd Talk

The added contact resistance of the Mi3 from adding the ceramic heater insert reduced the starting power of the Mi3 to only being able to supply one or two loads per battery and could not generate "combustion" levels of heat with a fresh battery. Basically, it acts like a nearly dead battery. So, a custom screw (a beauty i might add) had to be machined out of brass in order to reduce the resistance of the total system to have more "head room". This was time consuming and very expensive but was required so the 3 did not take a step back in performance and battery life as compared to the 2 so the time and money was spent to do right thing regardless as to what you might have read in that now defunct forum. So, please lets remain calm here… stick to the facts… and if you need anything from RBT please email me at ryan@rastabuddhatao.com and I will be sure to take good care of you.

To close on a positive note....

SALE

Hey all.... Sorry for the delay in kicking off the New Fuck Combustion Grand Opening Sale. The store will open back up again tonight at midnight EST and the sale will run through midnight 5/24. The code for the sale is hidden in the signature below as to only be visible to active members here. This is done in order to entice people from Reddit and IG to create an account here and enjoy what @pakalolo and @Stu have made for us so please respect this and refrain from posting the code elsewhere and encourage all to join the NFC. You could make an argument that without FC and the Z-Team the RBT might not be. I am excited to give back to you all as the New RBT direct sales model allows for some slack to give back.

Please check out the RBT Open Source thread to see what exciting things folks are doing with the RBT tech!

Last but not least thanks so much for the great entries for the RBT NFC History contest and to @pakalolo and @Stu for doing what they do for the love of vaporization and this community. All raise your vapes to these two dudes and the new mods... and count your vapor blessings as I know I am :)

Peace,
ryan
Hey there, is it possible to get a price list? I tried the website but it looks closed.

Hayduke,

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Hey there, is it possible to get a price list? I tried the website but it looks closed.

Hey sorry... lost the high speed connection and had to snail crawl along with the low speed. Everything looks to be listed properly and the code listed in my signiture should now be active. Please post here or email me if there is any issue so I can look into it.

Rastabuddhatao,
Reactions: IAmKrazy2
Top Bottom