Random thoughts

ChooChooCharlie

choo-in-train.jpg

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Can we ditch the what-about-ism long enough to agree BOTH situations are fucked up?!?!

What-about-ism: Two wrongs that don't make your non-answer right.... no matter how hard you try.

florduh

If you would've told me 6 months ago that the Red Team was probably going to lose the Senate and maybe the House in an off year election with a Blue Team President, I would've called you a Silly Billy. But now, that's probably what's gonna happen.

People are calling that Dobbs Supreme Court decision a massive mistake for the Reds. It turns out, most normal people don't like hearing stories about Texas women with pregnancy complications being forced to wait and suffer until sepsis is hours away from killing them before hospital lawyers finally let them get the care they need.

I see it another way. It appears the Reds had a long-term political project that's worth losing an election over. Sure, it's a project most people find odious. But at least they had one.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It's one thing to lose an election. It is another to make your party unelectable. Who actually believes Lindsey's bill will help the red team short OR long term? What the SC did with Dobbs is make a federal law along the lines of Roe much more likely. Along with a federal law enshrining gay marriage. I don't think anyone on the red team had that in mind. I think all they did was awaken a sleeping giant...

florduh

It's one thing to lose an election. It is another to make your party unelectable. Who actually believes Lindsey's bill will help the red team short OR long term? What the SC did with Dobbs is make a federal law along the lines of Roe much more likely. Along with a federal law enshrining gay marriage. I don't think anyone on the red team had that in mind. I think all they did was awaken a sleeping giant...

Maybe electability doesn't matter. The 2017 Tax Bill is still the law of the land. The tax cuts for individual earners are sunsetting soon, but who gives a shit about loser 1040 filers? The real prizes were always the cuts for corporations and the various pass-through scams. Those are permanent, which tells you who that tax bill was always really for.

And they got the Supreme Court doing shit like calling into question the federal government's ability to regulate corporations in any way shape or form.

They already got everything they want. You really think people like Lindsey Graham give a fuck about abortion? That's just bread and circuses to keep the plebs entertained. Because telling your voters "my only real policy goal is to blow the corporate elite to completion, from behind" doesn't exactly get them to Pokémon-Go to the polls.

Evergreen:

FQOt6WAWYAQ7O_l.png

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I wouldn't say never, but I rarely use any other social media other than here and twitter. And the reason I hang out here as much as I do is mostly because of our moderators and how great a job they do making sure this is an extremely fun and friendly place for us all to gather. And the users here are also the best on the internet. I feel like this is a second home for me much of the time. So thanks to the Mods AND to all my FC family. :cool:

florduh

Any time someone wants to argue we don't live in a simulation, I whip out this 90 second video. It is my (literal) trump card.

Whoever's running this simulation is a better director than 99% of Hollywood. YMCA fading into Tiny Dancer. The final wave timed to the chord change.

michael fassbender perfection GIF

That was two years ago yesterday. What an amazing video, it's had a terrific life.

florduh,
Reactions: Vitolo

florduh

Well I still think that RBG/Tiny Dancer clip is the funniest 90 seconds in America's 246 year history, but we'll agree to disagree.

Another feather in the Simulation Theory's cap: Kevin Spacey literally became his character from House of Cards.

Fc_K1oeXgAAefXU

House Of Cards Kevin Spacy GIF by Mashable

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
]
Personally I like the one where he walks up the ramp with the toilet paper trailing behind...

If you wonder how the Nazis came to power, you need to study history, there is literally a script. That script was used in Russia and China to facilitate regime change ae well. They always nfiltrate the schools and youth/culture are weaponized. Specific visuals, specific rhetoric, specific actions. Not a single dictatorship in history was established without first controlling the narrative, the youth and the justice system. So now you know what to be on the lookout for.

florduh

]

If you wonder how the Nazis came to power, you need to study history, there is literally a script. That script was used in Russia and China to facilitate regime change ae well. They always nfiltrate the schools and youth/culture are weaponized. Specific visuals, specific rhetoric, specific actions. Not a single dictatorship in history was established without first controlling the narrative, the youth and the justice system. So now you know what to be on the lookout for.

Russia and China were both dictatorships before the Commies took over. And glorious free market capitalism didn't seem to rid Russia of its dictator problem.

I also like that in the above analogy, the O'Bungler was basically running Weimar Germany.

The through line between all three countries was regular working people getting royally fucked enough to want to burn the entire system down. And it kind of seems like the corporate elite who rule this country are trying to see how close they can get to the misery line before things really pop off.

Top Bottom