Random thoughts

florduh

Here's what Captain Kirk himself said after his first real trip to space.

FemA8aPXwAARRfT

I doubt Jeffrey Bezos was happy with this take. I grew up on Star Trek and like space shit and all. But the fact of the matter is we only, at best, have access to this single solar system for the foreseeable future. And every single inch of it is a hellish shithole except for this one little pale blue dot.

DrJynx86

We are in the sixth mass extinction process, the five previous ones didn't had any humans involved.

After we get extinct ourselves, the Earth will keep going strong for millions of years.

Shatner is a great actor but he should pick a book every now and then.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
The first 5 weren't caused by like 15% of one particular species of monkeys wanting their treats and toys delivered with free two day shipping. That's sort of the point.

Maybe some monkeys can start a small, well contained nuclear winter to slow things down?
Free two day shipping would still work in this scenario (in most places) so this might be an easy alternative to the other (more obvious) solutions at hand, 'cause these would mean making some sacrifices and making real life efforts (whilst probably ruling out the free shipping all together)...

I'm afraid it actually would be dangerous to organize a referendum for this...

Eyes wide shut!

florduh

I think we have the technology and resources to give every man, woman and child on this planet more or less the equivalent of a kushy upper middle class lifestyle if we really wanted to. We just couldn't do that and have billionaires. And since the world's 3,000 billionaires are the ones putting thoughts into everyone's heads through the media, that's probably not gonna happen anytime soon.

I always liked Star Trek because it's like the only hopeful vision of the future in popular sci-fi. Everything else is dystopic, including Star Wars. But I always forget in ST Lore that only happened after everything went to shit in the early 21st century. So maybe we're right on target for utopia!

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
I think we have the technology and resources to give every man, woman and child on this planet more or less the equivalent of a kushy upper middle class lifestyle if we really wanted to. We just couldn't do that and have billionaires. And since the world's 3,000 billionaires are the ones putting thoughts into everyone's heads through the media, that's probably not gonna happen anytime soon.

I always liked Star Trek because it's like the only hopeful vision of the future in popular sci-fi. Everything else is dystopic, including Star Wars. But I always forget in ST Lore that only happened after everything went to shit in the early 21st century. So maybe we're right on target for utopia!

Well most everything is turning to shit, that much is certainly on point. I am glad to see the deep thinkers that comprise our current administration have found a solution to global warming, even if it does seem to be nuclear winter, solving global warming will be a real accomplishment his supporters can take pride in.

Per the Huffington Post:
"Models suggest that though the world is currently in a warming trend, small-scale nuclear war could lower global temperatures 2.25 degrees F for two-to-three years following war"

Last edited:
Babylon Drifter,
Reactions: florduh

fucreg123

Yea right, cuz the science is settled and humans are causing global warming that will extinct life on earth.

:clap:
:clap::clap::clap:

fucreg123,

florduh

Yea right, cuz the science is settled and humans are causing global warming that will extinct life on earth.

:clap:
:clap::clap::clap:

Yup. I was just sayin. Been a bunch of really mild summers in a row. Everybody's saying it. More like glo-BULL warming, amirite?

But mass extinction is a different issue. You don't need much fancy science to determine that species are going extinct at an unusually high rate, now. Unless whole species are playing hide and seek or something.

Maybe that's no biggie. I bet most of them are bugs, and bugs fucking suck. But humans aren't as smart as we think we are. I hope some beetle going extinct doesn't cause a chain reaction that eventually cause agriculture failures. 8 billion mouths to feed these days.

Last edited:

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
small-scale nuclear war could lower global temperatures 2.25 degrees F for two-to-three years following war"
2.25 degrees F? For 2 to three years?

So to plant a seed in the really deep thinkers their minds: but surely one small nuclear war won't cut it?
The real solution must be a couple back to back nuclar wars. :haw:

"HawHaw!!! But... that's even better!
Oh my, all that money to be made!
Oh heroics for those who grab!
For the grabbers i tell ya!!
Grab mtfrs, grab!!!"

666Honeybadger,
Reactions: DrJynx86

fucreg123

But mass extinction is a different issue. You don't need much fancy science to determine that species are going extinct at an unusually high rate, now. Unless whole species are playing hide and seek or something.
Don't get me wrong, I think humans have been treating earth like shit and really need to change their ways regarding toxic waste, deforestation etc.

I just don't buy into the co2 BS which is just the next big way of control

fucreg123,

Planck

believes in Dog
I just don't buy into the co2 BS which is just the next big way of control
If you are interesting in learning more about climate and climate change this series of 61 videos with all sources listed will likely be educational and thought provoking.

"There is a lot of inaccurate nonsense about climate science written in blogs and the media, whether exaggerating the effects of climate change or seeking to undermine the science behind it. This series checks the sources of these claims and shows how they have been misinterpreted or deliberately altered. I have no expertise in climatology, I am a former science journalist, so checking facts is what I do. And I always cite these sources so you can check them for yourselves. Along the way, I explain the real science as relayed by researchers in published papers, in a way that makes it easy to understand."

Here is the link to the entire series.

florduh

I didn't want to spark a climate change debate. I just thought it was funny that Captain Kirk said Space sucks.

But I will point out that we're all already controlled by the world's 3,000 billionaires. That boat sailed a while ago.

For example, when you look into every "independent" news outfit pushing the idea that climate change is a complete hoax, you'll discover they're funded largely or entirely by billionaires who make their money from fossil fuels. So they're not exactly free thinking truth tellers.

Then there's the dreaded "MSM". Most Americans have their thoughts determined for them by one of two billionaires: Ted Turner or Rupert Murdoch. And while they may disagree on details they agree on the most important point: it is good and just that 8 billion people are ruled by 3,000 billionaires.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Imho the thread has gone off the Random Thought rails
Mkay, to get on the random trail again:
today i wondered if and how it would be possible to catch and preserve the aroma of a specific strain (the scent of the fresh, uncut bud of that strain) and use that concentrated scent in let's say neutral smelling shampoo or showergel... would be lovely to have my hair smelling like it.

Edit: might have to rewatch The Perfume

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Mkay, to get on the random trail again:
today i wondered if and how it would be possible to catch and preserve the aroma of a specific strain (the scent of the fresh, uncut bud of that strain) and use that concentrated scent in let's say neutral smelling shampoo or showergel... would be lovely to have my hair smelling like it.

Steam distillation of fresh plant material

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
There is a whole science about our senses and how they can be used to "manipulate" us (not always in a bad way). Colors, smells, textures and sounds can all be used to drive emotions and behavior. It's pretty fascinating stuff, and a little scary. More proof that we are hardly more than chemical and biological machines...

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Steam distillation of fresh plant material
Cheers!
I wonder if it would catch the full aroma (and the summer-freshness) of the bud since it's a pretty complex scent?
Also noticed that the (juices in the larger) stems smell rather unpleasant when cut so guess best to remove those completely by gently breaking up a whole raw bud.
Worth giving a go anyhow!

666Honeybadger,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Cheers!
I wonder if it would catch the full aroma (and the summer-freshness) of the bud since it's a pretty complex scent?
Also noticed that the (juices in the larger) stems smell rather unpleasant when cut so guess best to remove those completely by gently breaking up a whole raw bud.
Worth giving a go anyhow!

Check out enfleurage, it's an even easier/older technique that one could use to infuse into fatty carriers like coconut oil for soaps, etc.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Check out enfleurage, it's an even easier/older technique that one could use to infuse into fatty carriers like coconut oil for soaps, etc.
Aah yes, i remember this (more from the book then from the movie actually)!

I have a feeling that might be a better option for this, and easier (not that it's difficult but distillation requires some stuff i don't have handy tbh). I'll do some reading on that to see what would be an easy way for some experimenting!
Also: i like the french term, sounds like the real deal! ;)

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Random thought:

Movies and TV have gotten worse since Hollywood writers moved from cocaine (natural, from the earth) to adderall (unnatural, from Big Pharma).

It's worse if they give it up all-together.
I mean, a lot of famous artists and musicians work sucks after they "get clean".

Ramahs,
Top Bottom