Random thoughts

gaseous_clay

My favorite moment with an ex came well after we split. I was moving and doing fine on my own. She volunteered to help, which was more of her getting in the way. She was suddenly tired and wanted to lay down, so I had to clear a spot and put the mattress down. I was then making too much noise for her to rest (thanks for the help!) so figuring I needed a little rest too I laid down. She cuddled, taking the small spoon. Several minutes later, I cupped a boob. "I'm not asleep yet."

I like being single. Me & Mary Jane! People are stupid.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'm in Detroit, MI visiting an old college buddy. She lives in East Detroit, and I can't believe how quiet this neighborhood is. Of course, where I live is a complete cacophony of trains, planes, automobiles, and commercial vessels sounding off.
I live in a suburb of NYC, less than 20 miles from Grand Central Station.
Sometimes you can hear a pin drop, sometimes you can't hear yourself think.

Sitting out in back late yesterday I remarked how quiet it had become. A hummingbird came to the feeder.

Then in a span of 60 seconds there was
A train whistle and sound of train on tracks
A high altitude jet overhead, plus a lower one heading in to LaGuardia
A seaplane and 2 military helicopters
A couple of motorcycles buzzing like hornets, airing it out on I-95

gaseous_clay

I'm in Detroit, MI visiting an old college buddy. She lives in East Detroit, and I can't believe how quiet this neighborhood is. Of course, where I live is a complete cacophony of trains, planes, automobiles, and commercial vessels sounding off.

I live in a suburb of NYC, less than 20 miles from Grand Central Station.
Sometimes you can hear a pin drop, sometimes you can't hear yourself think.

Sitting out in back late yesterday I remarked how quiet it had become. A hummingbird came to the feeder.

Then in a span of 60 seconds there was
A train whistle and sound of train on tracks
A high altitude jet overhead, plus a lower one heading in to LaGuardia
A seaplane and 2 military helicopters
A couple of motorcycles buzzing like hornets, airing it out on I-95

I live in NYC, but am from Detroit originally. When I visit home I have trouble sleeping due to the lack of noise.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
How interesting to see Elton John reach forward to try and help Britney return to the scene. And I even like the track. Good for you, EJ.

cybrguy,

ChooChooCharlie

Saw this booth on walk today, thought it was a command

Wave-FC.jpg

Been here too long, have become weather wimpy
Too-hot-ice-cream-truck-by-Glue-Factory.jpg

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
FOOD FOR THOUGHT: imagine someone steals your car. The cops get it back, but the thief sues to keep it b/c “finders keepers” & a judge appoints a person to inspect the car for the thief’s belongings because if he left anything he could call dibs. That’s what this judge did today.

cybrguy,
Reactions: Vitolo

florduh

06zou22tsyl91.jpg

Similarly, Disney made their own Avatar theme park. I'm convinced Disney Executives did not watch that movie, as the central message of it is: corporations are evil. The finale of Avatar features enormous Space Viet Cong murdering US Marines and corporate executives. I remember people cheering in the theater I saw it in.

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
06zou22tsyl91.jpg

Similarly, Disney made their own Avatar theme park. I'm convinced Disney Executives did not watch that movie, as the central message of it is: corporations are evil. The finale of Avatar features enormous Space Viet Cong murdering US Marines and corporate executives. I remember people cheering in the theater I saw it in.

Remember the CIA has owned Hollywood and its elites for decades. They write books.and movies about the heinous shit they do then when people point out thier bullshit, they claim its just a script and you're a loon. They also seem to enjoy dangling the truth right in front of us while maintaining that it's just a script...

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Remember the CIA has owned Hollywood and its elites for decades. They write books.and movies about the heinous shit they do then when people point out thier bullshit, they claim its just a script and you're a loon. They also seem to enjoy dangling the truth right in front of us while maintaining that it's just a script...

predictive programming :cool:

florduh

Used to? The funny thing about Liberal Hollywood is, they love their military industrial complex. There's obvious shit like Homeland, Jack Reacher, and Top Gun. Then there's even more insidious examples like the Marvel movies. Tony Stark is literally a billionaire merchant of death. And the central message of those movies seem to be that people with a lot of power almost always use that power for good. Which is frankly the most fantastical thing about a series where people can fly without the aid of technology and Norse gods exist.

Then there's 'Ol Uncle Walt himself. A scumbag who named names at the McCarthy hearings. Because his animators wanted to unionize. So clearly they were commies. And I don't know it for a fact that Walt was a CIA spook himself. The Agency did help him build Disney World though.

But I don't know if Avatar is a good example of CIA programming. I bet Langley wasn't too thrilled with that particular film. James Cameron, a Canadian, ended up making a movie that's pretty critical of the American System the CIA exists to protect. He literally has the Space Marines do a 9/11 to the Blue People's sacred tree. To get their Space Oil. Or treeS, since they looked suspiciously like the Twin Towers.

Destruction-of-Home-Tree.jpg

Wild, because I think this movie came out in '09. And the two big messages were: America does 9/11's around the world almost every day, and that multinational (or multi-stellar?) Corporations are evil. Oh I forgot! The main character in Avatar got paralyzed during the "Venezuela War". It's the future, so there are treatments to fix his back. But there's no way he could afford it. The exact line was "not in this economy" lol.

This is why I don't think Disney Executives actually watched Avatar. They're literally the bad guys from that movie.

As for Tolkien. He witnessed the horrors of WWI up close. And I think he just could see where industrialization was heading. He'd be absolutely horrified to know The Sauron Corporation adapted his books for TV.

florduh

Brits: I beg you. When they finally reveal that the Queen has been dead for months, do not lrt them replace her. Seize the wealth of the royal family and make them get jobs. We're almost a quarter of the way through the 21st century. Stop letting these losers cosplay Game of Thrones with your money.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Not gonna happen, they love their royals. Wish her majesty had skipped Charles, however. I think William would make a better king.

cybrguy,
Reactions: DrJynx86

DrJynx86

Brits: I beg you. When they finally reveal that the Queen has been dead for months, do not lrt them replace her. Seize the wealth of the royal family and make them get jobs. We're almost a quarter of the way through the 21st century. Stop letting these losers cosplay Game of Thrones with your money.
Will Canada and other members of the Commonwealth follow suit? LOL people thinking they don't own what they own, or they don't contribute hugely to UK income through tourism/etc.

The only way to "seize" something is through a revolution and that's a war lost right from the thought of it.

Should Japan do the same? Spain? not gonna happen.

DrJynx86,
Reactions: macbill

florduh

Should Japan do the same? Spain? not gonna happen.

Yes. Having monarchs deep into the 21st century is incredibly embarrassing. I say this as a Floridian and an American. That's saying a lot.

LOL people thinking they don't own what they own

Everything they own was literally stolen, lol.

don't contribute hugely to UK income through tourism/etc.

Sir, I'm a Floridian. Seize their castles and make your own Disney World's. Believe me, you'll have more tourists than you know what to do with.

Also,

18569.jpeg

You're getting rooked.

Last edited:

DrJynx86

WOW they use 87 million pounds per year of their own money, what an outrageous thing!

They do bring +50 million pounds in direct purchases of merchandise, and In 2018/19, the revenue from The Crown Estate came in at £343.5 million.

That's not counting they own (stolen according to you) 20 billion that are making at least some interest per year.

The Crown Estate also controls around 1,960,000 acres of agricultural land and forest and more than half of Britain's foreshore.

All in all the House of Windsor is estimated by Forbes to contribute £19 billion ($28 billion) to Britain's economy pre-pandemic, the Express reports.

Their contribution is mostly through tourism, the report says.

DrJynx86,

DrJynx86

I would love a world where they abdicate and leave everything to people, and we don't have to go through gruesome and possibly non-worthy civil war with thousands dead.

Also I hope they give Malvinas/Falklands back :D

florduh

I would love a world where they abdicate and leave everything to people, and we don't have to go through gruesome and possibly non-worthy civil war with thousands dead.

Also I hope they give Malvinas/Falklands back :D

It sounds like the royals are still quite popular. Were that to ever change, there wouldn't need to be a bloody revolution. Parliament could simply pass a law declaring the free ride is over. Use all that wealth to shore up the NHS.

Thinking about the tourism aspect, Florida has "royals" millions travel from around the globe to see too.

2021-WDW-Magic-Kingdom-Princesses-Entrance-Cinderella-Tiana-Ariel-Belle.jpg

And they don't cost 80 million a year. Only about $12/hour. No pesky health insurance either.

florduh,
Reactions: DrJynx86

DrJynx86

They only have a Parliament/Congress because the Kingdom allows it, they are the Law, the King/Queen can do anything, they can kill people and get away with it or drive without a license if they wish because they make the Law.

I mean, the Army still swear allegiance, you cannot get away from them unless you do what The Americas did during the 1800's, a bloody civil war, that in this case of modernity, will be lost in seconds.

DrJynx86,
  • Wow
Reactions: florduh
Top Bottom