Random thoughts

Vitolo

Vaporist
452631387-1026288645724421-2741298055405051503-n.jpg

Piecho

I heard there is some plants strains designed for hash making. So they eliminated/shrinker the flowers and all the most important trisomies are on the leaves. Have any of you spotted such plants?

Piecho,

florduh

If I was running the NRA and saw this picture, I would just shut that shit down forever. Embarrassing.

GTtWqcabEAAw-AM

florduh,

davesmith

Glass Blower
I think hash making strains just have trichromes that lend to making better hash. Mostly people are concerned with hash rosin these days which starts with water extraction, some strains just wash better than others. Large tricrome heads and brittle trichrome stems is what makes it a good washer I believe.

florduh

Just had an earthquake in LA. Bad news for all the Losers and the Haters out there because this is how all the soccer and basketball players are gonna look, trying to stay upright during the 2028 games :shrug:

Olympics Breaking GIF by NoireSTEMinist

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I had a freebie pre-roll sitting in the fridge for some time and decided to light it up for fun. Just to remind me what it's like to smoke a joint. I used to LOVE smoking joints, and that aroma that still takes me back to younger days. You can't walk down the street without the smell of cone joints wafting through the air these days.

I lit it up and tried to give it a few puffs. It was so goddamn foul to me. The idea that I used taste something pleasant in that is unimaginable. I understand that in the distance between your mouth and the cherry there are various temps that vaporize before combustion occurs, but it all gets masked by burnt tar shit. Even though it was an older joint and made with leftover shake, it has to be better than the brick weed we used to get in the 1980's.

Also, it's hard to explain but, while I love the smell of a burning joint from a distance, I don't notice that great smell when I'm smoking it. It smells less like a joint burning and more like hot cigarette combustion.

Anyway, I flushed it down the toilet, then spent some time washing my hands and brushing my teeth.

Radwin Bodnic

I had a freebie pre-roll sitting in the fridge for some time and decided to light it up for fun. Just to remind me what it's like to smoke a joint. I used to LOVE smoking joints, and that aroma that still takes me back to younger days. You can't walk down the street without the smell of cone joints wafting through the air these days.

I lit it up and tried to give it a few puffs. It was so goddamn foul to me. The idea that I used taste something pleasant in that is unimaginable. I understand that in the distance between your mouth and the cherry there are various temps that vaporize before combustion occurs, but it all gets masked by burnt tar shit. Even though it was an older joint and made with leftover shake, it has to be better than the brick weed we used to get in the 1980's.

Also, it's hard to explain but, while I love the smell of a burning joint from a distance, I don't notice that great smell when I'm smoking it. It smells less like a joint burning and more like hot cigarette combustion.

Anyway, I flushed it down the toilet, then spent some time washing my hands and brushing my teeth.
A burning joint is like incense to me. The smell is delicious and very heady, but it's not something to inhale.
I wouldn't ever smoke directly from a burning holy stick (palo santo) nor I would smoke frankincense resin.
This is pretty much how I feel towards burning weed nowadays.

Pukka

Has Big Tech given us anything useful since the iPhone?
As related to humanity in general I'm not so sure that the iPhone's particularily useful. More of a device developed to ensnare humanity into slavery.

I think that the last "big tech" inventor that gave two flicks about humanity was Tesla. And you know where he ended up.

florduh

As related to humanity in general I'm not so sure that the iPhone's particularily useful.

I don't disagree if we're talking about the deleterious effects on society. But an iPhone is definitely more useful than fuckin Bitcoin.

Personally, I don't even know how I would navigate a new city I've never been to before without a phone in my pocket. The problem is less with the iPhone and more with social media. That's what turned phones into drug-like dopamine machines.

And yeah. That's all Big Tech has given us recently. Shitty apps that, at best no one asked for, and at worst, cause widespread mental illness.

Maybe things were better back when we knew how to properly revere The Computer. Not too long ago, households would build altars to them.

GUPIkNhXkAA1JLh

No hate for Nikola Tesla, but he died during WWII. There's definitely been useful technologies developed since then. My question is, what innovations has our once vaunted technology sector given us since like 2007? Seems like nothing:shrug:

Pukka

Personally, I don't even know how I would navigate a new city I've never been to before without a phone in my pocket. The problem is less with the iPhone and more with social media. That's what turned phones into drug-like dopamine machines.
I'm not sure if I should call you youngster or not, have you forgotten maps? I still have my collection of southern California Thomas Guides including the tabbed, one trip specific L.A. one that I made so my newly licienced, directionally dislexic wife could navigate an off-freeway trip from Temple City to Inglewood.

Would we all be here, doing what we do, without social media? I'm not so sure ...

;-{>====

florduh

I'm not sure if I should call you youngster or not, have you forgotten maps? I still have my collection of southern California Thomas Guides including the tabbed, one trip specific L.A. one that I made so my newly licienced, directionally dislexic wife could navigate an off-freeway trip from Temple City to Inglewood.

Sounds like a big pain in the ass :shrug: My phone gives me turn by turn directions. Or alerts me when I'm at the correct subway stop.

When I started driving, Mapquest was a thing. Printing off directions and having to keep an eye on the road as an inexperienced driver sucked.

florduh,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I had a glove compartment full of maps. If you traveled a lot by car they were truly necessary back in the day. Google maps may be the most important tool of cell phones for those of us who work in people's homes or businesses.

florduh

speaking of social media, can anyone help me figure out why X, the Everything Website, is having problems attracting advertisers:hmm:

mu517Bs1Hrp2.png

12,000 likes, 2.4 million views. Clearly a lot of thoughtful conversations on that app. Why won't CEO Tim Apple run ads on it :hmm:

florduh,

budski

cantre member
No hate for Nikola Tesla, but he died during WWII. There's definitely been useful technologies developed since then. My question is, what innovations has our once vaunted technology sector given us since like 2007? Seems like nothing:shrug:
being able to see the cloud patterns over the whole earth, in near real time!!, the satellite weather pics are the biggest boon to humanity since tesla harnessed electricity. NOAA FTW https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/fulldisk_band.php?sat=G18&band=GEOCOLOR&length=12
NSF FLAT EARTHERS

Last edited:

florduh

I'm no business genius but I'll take a crack at this.

Subway always had mid, but cheap food.

Now that their prices are on par with higher quality competitors, sales are plummeting.

Seems pretty straightforward :shrug:

GU_dGTKWoAEPy5G

florduh,
Reactions: budski

ChooChooCharlie

Visited my rigs on display at local smoke shop. They just placed a new magic mushroom product line under them. Tying to tell me something?

Envy-rigs-with-shroom-products.jpg

WTF? Shroom vapes, gummies, candy bars? legally? Or is this stuff a fake scam? I remember growing them way back, '81, in mason jars on brown rice after pressure cooker sterilization, from mail order live mycelium agar slant tube. Ate 'em up freshly picked, beer chaser for nasty taste. So, "progress" I suppose?

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Visited my rigs on display at local smoke shop. They just placed a new magic mushroom product line under them. Tying to tell me something?

Envy-rigs-with-shroom-products.jpg

WTF? Shroom vapes, gummies, candy bars? legally? Or is this stuff a fake scam? I remember growing them way back, '81, in mason jars on brown rice after pressure cooker sterilization, from mail order live mycelium agar slant tube. Ate 'em up freshly picked, beer chaser for nasty taste. So, "progress" I suppose?
Definitely be careful if they’re anything like the Diamond Shruumz candies that have been in the news lately (for those who may have not seen, here’s a link to the cdc page). At least with the ongoing investigation into Diamond Shruumz, they contain unspecified quantities of one or more synthetic or extracted compounds like muscimol (from amanita muscaria, aka fly agaric), psilocin and psilocetin (synthetic psilocybin).

They sound reasonably harmless when taken as indicated, but effects are reported to be wildly variable and more importantly the active ingredients tend to be inconsistent and not reported on the label so you can’t be too sure what you’re actually getting. Only reported deaths I’ve seen so far are folks who ate an entire package in 1 sitting and had a seizure, but folks who take just a few squares/gummies seem to enjoy the buzz.

ChooChooCharlie

I answered my own questions from post above with some googling

(I downsize images before uploading, so they don't slow down FC page loading, being a good FCitizen, but image details get lost)

This shop is selling Tre House brand gummies and chocolate bars. Looked them up, and they do not contain psilocybin

Screenshot from Tre House site:

tre-house-FAQ-screenshot.jpg

Real psilocybin shrooms are still illegal, at least here in California

Here's an article about these Tre House gummie effects. I wouldn't trust them

Last edited:
Top Bottom