• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Nebulous

Money Days

IMG_3900.jpg

Nebulous,

photokographer

A computer based charger... I doubt a laptop would be able to pump out enough juice. Does anyone have the link for the external battery power source? If not I can crawl through the pages to find it

Also, how much smell does the PD produce? (compared to the volcano or mflb?)

Edit; does honey oil work in the PD?
Also... Someone with developer skills should make a .99$ app for the iPhone/stood for fuckcombustion :)

photokographer,

hereatlast

photokographer said:
Also, how much smell does the PD produce? (compared to the volcano or mflb?)

The PD itself doesn't produce any noticeable smell (IMO/E) other than the 'smell' of hot air. The associated accessories (e.g. stems, biomass, etc.) can smell but that is obviously due to whatever you're loading into the stems. That said, in my experience, any herb that is left out, open and warm (e.g. left a fresh, full PD stem inside the unit) will produce a noticeable smell. Any particles that fall into the unit will also cause noticeable smell (how to avoid this has been covered ad nauseam on these forums; this should not be a common occurrence).

photokographer said:
does honey oil work in the PD?

This may not be the most popular methodology of consuming concentrates but I've had great success loading hash/oil/etc. into stems. Note, the experience is not like using a dedicated concentrate rig (i.e. dabbing).

hereatlast,

ThCombustion

Hey, I lost my car charger for the PD. I know that you can buy replacement wall worts at places like Radioshack. I was wondering if there is a store I might try locally for the car charger. I know I can buy it from Tom but I'd really like it today. Is it a specific model I could search for. Any help is appreciated.

ThCombustion,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Hey guys,

Awesome to check it out in here and see how popular this thing has become!

I guess I'm going to have to get a costume for mine too! She's still got the pretty purple eye, glowing away. Time for a few sips. :)

SpiralArchitect,

Purple-Days

Hey there, Spiral... long time since Ive seen you around. Hope things are well in your neighborhood. :)

Enter the contest, one PD (gripper model) is going to be awarded at random from all entries, so anybody can win, one PD is going to Pammy's choice, for best costume and a couple (a few?) category prizes will win custom bowls... we enjoy giving back to the PD family... (and having some fun too...)

+++

Car cords are car cords... The PD operates on 12 Volts and your car is 12 Volts. Our car cord has an LED to indicate power and a good fuse, but you don't have to get an LED model. Most important though is the plug end which is a 2.1mm x 5.5mm (called a type M plug) .

Radio Shack had a version, but it's been years since I've checked...

We do not suggest Radio Shack for Wall Power Supplies, folks have reported lower voltages, meaning lower temps... Use a Jameco.com part #10081 (about) 2 for $27 with shipping . . . consistent and reliable, the only transformer we have ever supplied.

Purple-Days,

ThCombustion

I called Radioshack to see and they do have car chargers with a type m plug. I told him I needed one that was 12 volts. He said no problem. What amps though? I was like amps? I have no idea. He said my options were 2,3,5, and 10 amps. Which one should I go with?
Purple-Days said:
Hey there, Spiral... long time since Ive seen you around. Hope things are well in your neighborhood. :)

Enter the contest, one PD (gripper model) is going to be awarded at random from all entries, so anybody can win, one PD is going to Pammy's choice, for best costume and a couple (a few?) category prizes will win custom bowls... we enjoy giving back to the PD family... (and having some fun too...)

+++

Car cords are car cords... The PD operates on 12 Volts and your car is 12 Volts. Our car cord has an LED to indicate power and a good fuse, but you don't have to get an LED model. Most important though is the plug end which is a 2.1mm x 5.5mm (called a type M plug) .

Radio Shack had a version, but it's been years since I've checked...

We do not suggest Radio Shack for Wall Power Supplies, folks have reported lower voltages, meaning lower temps... Use a Jameco.com part #10081 (about) 2 for $27 with shipping . . . consistent and reliable, the only transformer we have ever supplied.

ThCombustion,

ThCombustion

Appreciate the response. The Wall adapter says 1000ma. I'm assuming this translates to 1amp. The lowest Radioshack had was 2amps. Will this cause any problems? Don't know a lot about the electrical side of things.

ThCombustion,

PurpleDazed

ThCombustion said:
I called Radioshack to see and they do have car chargers with a type m plug. I told him I needed one that was 12 volts. He said no problem. What amps though? I was like amps? I have no idea. He said my options were 2,3,5, and 10 amps. Which one should I go with?

The options he is suggesting would relate to fuse amperage. While any would work with the unit the 2amp is your safest one to go with. Also to note while the car systems are rated at 12v the actual voltage while running of the alternator is around 13.5 +/- .5

The only thing I use my car cord for is to keep the unit at op temp while i travel to demonstrate my vapes to friends who partake. When I get to their place the first thing I do is Plug the Wall Wort in where we will be at. and transfer from car to wall cord and we enjoy. sad thing though the friends while they feel the effects still wont stop combusting as i have.

PurpleDazed,

ThCombustion

Ok, 2 amps it is. Thanks for the thorough response. Yeah, I haven't stopped combusting fully myself. There's still something satisfying about toking a blunt.

ThCombustion,
Top Bottom