Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

alexwallis

Hi all,
I am not sure if this is in the right place, I suspect not, but wasn't sure where it might fit.
I am wondering, if I can get some thoughts on the following problem I am experiencing.
I had a few stems from my PD yesterday, and suddenly I noticed I was experiencing pain in the left side of my chest, just below where my breast would be if I was a woman.
This pain only happens if I breath in or out deeply, it is much more noticeable if I cough, and it is painful to laugh.

Of course as soon as I noticed this problem I stopped vaping, and am going to wait for my body to heal whatever the problem is.
But, have any other PD or vape users in general experienced this?

When I woke up today I thought the pain was gone, but after a few experimental deep breaths it came back, and it has increased a bit throughout the day, though it only happens when I breath, and only when I do it deeply. I would describe the pain as sharp and acute, particularly when I exhale.
I am not blaming the PD in any way for this, I know it is not the pds fault. I am a little concerned that is all, as I have read that vaping and smoking in particular can increase your risk of a lung collapse.
If it continues for a while of course I will seek medical advice from a doctor but thought I would ask on the forum first in case there happen to be people who have experienced the same as me.
The right side of my chest is totally fine, and I am not becoming breathless, and I am not coughing up blood etc.
I haven't been doing anything else that could account for the pain, as I know sometimes if you strain your back that can affect the lungs.
Thanks for any advice.

alexwallis,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
alexwallis said:
Hi all,
I am not sure if this is in the right place, I suspect not, but wasn't sure where it might fit.
I am wondering, if I can get some thoughts on the following problem I am experiencing.
I had a few stems from my PD yesterday, and suddenly I noticed I was experiencing pain in the left side of my chest, just below where my breast would be if I was a woman.
This pain only happens if I breath in or out deeply, it is much more noticeable if I cough, and it is painful to laugh.

Of course as soon as I noticed this problem I stopped vaping, and am going to wait for my body to heal whatever the problem is.
But, have any other PD or vape users in general experienced this?

When I woke up today I thought the pain was gone, but after a few experimental deep breaths it came back, and it has increased a bit throughout the day, though it only happens when I breath, and only when I do it deeply. I would describe the pain as sharp and acute, particularly when I exhale.
I am not blaming the PD in any way for this, I know it is not the pds fault. I am a little concerned that is all, as I have read that vaping and smoking in particular can increase your risk of a lung collapse.
If it continues for a while of course I will seek medical advice from a doctor but thought I would ask on the forum first in case there happen to be people who have experienced the same as me.
The right side of my chest is totally fine, and I am not becoming breathless, and I am not coughing up blood etc.
I haven't been doing anything else that could account for the pain, as I know sometimes if you strain your back that can affect the lungs.
Thanks for any advice.

I had a similar experience about a year ago. I went to my chiropractor friend and we came to the consensus that it was a strain in the tissue between my ribs. Hurt like a sonofabitch for several weeks. The strain was caused my coughing repeatedly (caused by a combination of too much MFLB use - which makes me cough more than any other vaporizer - and recovering from a nasty touch of the flu that lingered due to my chronic bronchitis).

Have you been coughing more than normal recently? When I stopped my MFLB use and stuck with vaporbonging the pain slowly disappeared.

P.S. I paid my chiropractor in weed :cool:

:peace:

Stu,

Purple-Days

Yep, Intercostal Muscles... they hurt like a . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercostal_muscle

I'm sure most smokers have pulled an Intercostal hacking. I wasn't aware how much they were involved in everyday breathing. They teach the diaphram in school and that's all...

+++

Welcome to the forum Jog, we are tracking well with the predicted lead time ...
I make them in the order received.
Nobody ever pays to get ahead in line.
One guy making burgers.

+++

This is an excerpt from an e-mail to 'any' user... about these bowls...

"I'm gonna keep the bowls a hobby thing. 5 hours to make 5 .
Granted, I wasn't following a pattern and I sat a good while
staring at blank wood (with morning coffee)... haha...
but the ideas have been brewing a while.

Pammy and I have talked about it. I believe she is right, for Purple-Days,
the bowls are best left as Contest Prizes.

Unique efforts, or gifts to friends. :party:
Mass production would take something away from that, for me anyway...

I am sure any decent design will be copied, eventually cheaper than I can do it. That's the way things are. And available on E-bay soon... ;) But wait... :lol:

But wait, they won't be P-D Originals... I have my hands full, with normal orders (like yours).
I do not want to expand my work load, so this was/is fun diversion (hobby item, we all need them).
I hope you and others understand. "

Purple-Days,

PurpleDazed

Purple-Days said:
+++

Welcome to the forum Jog, we are tracking well with the predicted lead time ... I make them in the order received, nobody ever pays to get ahead in line, one guy making burgers.

Well as a recient purchaser of the PD I can attest to the validity of the the time frame of 4-6 weeks I recieved mine in 5 weeks. And I was amazed And very happy Considering I remember back when they sold the vapes thru vapenow and a nearly 3 month wait being reported on here.

PurpleDazed,

placetime

redfez01.jpg

placetime,

Nebulous

I think keeping the bowls as a contest prize is a nice touch. Every Purple Days is already unique and irreplaceable, so having accessories which are one-of-kind fits in with the philosophy :2c:

Purple Days jamming out to some tunes

IMG_3901.jpg

Nebulous,

alexwallis

Hi all,
Thanks for the replies, I think the muscle being strained was right, as today its a lot less painful, and only noticeable if I really make an effort to empty my lungs.
However, I am still not going to vape anything until I am completely back to normal.

alexwallis,

drewper

I've been advised by a few people that water filtration might be a good idea with the PD, so I've been digging around a little.

This looks just about perfect, just appeared on ALT Hops Micro Jagito

I've had my eye on this one as well Headford Disk Bubbler

I like the size of the Hops piece for use with the PD, but they're asking a lot for that, especially considering the Headford is almost half as much.

I have a Luke Wilson mini beaker sitting around but I think that would be too much diffusion.

Does anyone have any experience with either of those bubblers with a PD?

Cheers

drewper,

Nebulous

drewper said:
This looks just about perfect, just appeared on ALT Hops Micro Jagito

I've had my eye on this one as well Headford Disk Bubbler

Does anyone have any experience with either of those bubblers with a PD?

Drewper, as both those pieces have a 14mm slide they should work fine with a PD. Still, my personal feeling is that a piece which can stand up by itself would be more comfortable to use, like 250mL EHLE or Soulshine Family Glass Travel Tube. Though thats more personal preference.

Purple-Days Shrine :D

IMG_3899.jpg

Nebulous,

Nycdeisel

that reminds me of the little felt boards that had parts to dress up felt dolls.

when does the costume contest end? thanks :)

Nycdeisel,

Puget

mollusk
Drewper, try out the mini beaker and go from there. Too much diffusion? I can't imagine it. The heavy glug-glug of a classic bong is more of a problem for a smooth vape hit.

I use larger glass than most folks here. I've got the Glass City beaker with a diffuser within a diffuser and it's certainly not too much diffusion. (This would be a good piece for the price BUT the taper joints are sloppy on mine. Very usable but it's more of a plug fit than a taper fit.)

Puget,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Nycdeisel said:
that reminds me of the little felt boards that had parts to dress up felt dolls.

when does the costume contest end? thanks :)

Midnight Halloween, MST time, I believe (2 am on the 1st for us ;) ).

Ripbongs420,

drewper

Puget said:
Drewper, try out the mini beaker and go from there. Too much diffusion? I can't imagine it. The heavy glug-glug of a classic bong is more of a problem for a smooth vape hit.

I use larger glass than most folks here. I've got the Glass City beaker with a diffuser within a diffuser and it's certainly not too much diffusion. (This would be a good piece for the price BUT the taper joints are sloppy on mine. Very usable but it's more of a plug fit than a taper fit.)

Thanks Puget. It has a 5-arm downstem to 10-arm tree. Too much?

Cheers

drewper,

Lip465

woooo
Maybe scoop up a single hole diffy, but that setup should be fine. I'd rip the shit out of it if I had it haha :ko:

Lip465,

drewper

Lip465 said:
Maybe scoop up a single hole diffy, but that setup should be fine. I'd rip the shit out of it if I had it haha :ko:

I haven't used it for as long as I've been vaping, about a year. Great tube. I picked it up at the end of a 9-year t-break, had my sis ship it from 42 Degrees in Ann Arbor. Let me know if you come through Miami and I'll let you rip it. Luke did a few of these units all the way himself, while providing the mini 10-arm trees for Wicked Sands to use in their "tiny tubes". It's a mini style at about a foot tall with a really small bore on the mouthpiece and a small beaker bottom. Purrs really nicely. Had it matched up with a Zach Puchowitz hardware series push slide with a tiny ream that made for nice little loads. Great snapper setup.

I really like that Hops micro but 300 seems about 100 high for that item. The Headford jacuzzi style perc looks sweet. Seems like a lot of people are impressed with its performance when hooked up as an oil unit. No errl for me, I'm way too much of a lightweight for that kind of power.

drewper,

Nycdeisel

I think the headford inline would be a nice choice.

actually, since that LW tube isnt too large, you could always try it out! ge t it as clean as possible before you vape through it, and try to use minimal water.

Nycdeisel,

drewper

Nycdeisel said:
I think the headford inline would be a nice choice.

actually, since that LW tube isnt too large, you could always try it out! ge t it as clean as possible before you vape through it, and try to use minimal water.

I thought about maybe filling just the perc, I'll probably end up with a bub of some kind.

Diesel, Headford's inlines look nice, but I've got my eye on their disk diffused/jacuzzi bub here. Looks a little more compact than the inlines too.

There's always ClearDome too, might have to bark up his tree. I gave an AquaVape to my dealer after I realized I wouldn't be whipping off the Zephyr.

New online shop btw from High Priority Glass with some good looking stuff.

drewper,

Nycdeisel

I dont think you will have very good luck getting a piece from him. AFAIK no one around here has heard from him in a while.

a simply tube or bubbler is best. the headford pieces are nice. the disk and inline are in the same price range so its up to you. both are nice pieces and are likely to be a nice pair with the PD

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom