Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Nebulous

Doing some cooking...

IMG_3940.jpg

Nebulous,

Snuff

Two years I dreamed about PD and today my dreams come true!
I won auction at ebay and Walnut PD goes to Russia :)

I have a 63 mm grinder with 5.8 mm holes, is it good for PD or I have to buy grinder with smaller holes? Which size is optimal?

Snuff,

PurpleDazed

Snuff said:
Two years I dreamed about PD and today my dreams come true!
I won auction at ebay and Walnut PD goes to Russia :)

I have a 63mm grinder with 5mm holes, is it good for PD or I have to buy grinder with smaller holes? Which size is optimal?

Congrats Comrad,
Welcome to the PD family So long as you have a grinder is the main issue. If you read up on the forums here for will find many different techniques as to packing stems. What works for me is speading out a small amount of herb and sucking as much up thru the stem and when filled pat down the bit that didnt make it in or knock off just keep the pack loose so you can easyily draw from deep inside at a slow steady draw rate. if you pack the stem to tight you will find it difficult to draw from the lungs so keep it loose.
as for the grind. not sure what size your grinder puts out but sounds like it should do the job.

so what i reccommend for you is read up on here and when your PD arrives Practice Practice Practice

PurpleDazed,

Purple-Days

How did you know his name was Comrad? ;) Just joking , Snuff... Anyway, we don't sell PDs on E-bay, never have... I hope the seller was honest. If not, contact us, of course the original power suply won't work for you... :cool:

Purple-Days,

drewper

Nebulous--

I see a familiar can of coffee on your counter. Do you use their espresso beans? I am pretty happy with my X7 Iperespresso machine. Capsule brews can only be so tasty, but it's wildly convenient and tidy, and the coffee tastes pretty good too. Only in the past few months have there popped up serious roasters anywhere in town where you can get proper beans. Now I can get serious about getting a real setup--most likely a PID kitted Rancilio Silvia. I got intense with research a while ago and that setup produces proper espresso for less than a grand with a grinder.

I check a couple threads on here just for kicks and I have to say this one honestly interests me. Recently ordered my first PD, trying to stay in tune I guess haha. I think I'm refusing to change my Zephyr bag like I'm going into playoffs or something and not shaving. Until that slab of black walnut arrives.

Cheers

Nebulous said:

drewper,
Hi all my PD will be arriving in a couple hours!! :D I'm just wondering what the best technique is to hitting this thing. Don't really feel like reading thru 400 pages :lol: From the videos I've seen it looks like people are using a long slow draw technique. Can anyone confirm?

burntoast15,
Umm I don't understand...I put the herb in the stem and then flip it over to put it in the PD to take a hit and all the weed just falls right out into the PD. Am I grinding the herb too fine? I don't get it. I guess I'll be using my MFLB til I get a response....I don't want to waste anymore weed...............:mad: :mad: :mad:

burntoast15,

photokographer

Suck up the product so that there's a somewhat tight pack in your stem and then take a hit with the PD parallel to the ground so it couldn't possibly fall out. It should stick together after your first hit

Go read the first 30 pages or so, trust me, it's worth it! :)

photokographer,
I was also expecting and sort of looking forward to having a small light on the device. Alas there is no light for some reason.. I hate learning curves :/

burntoast15,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
burntoast15 said:
I was also expecting and sort of looking forward to having a small light on the device. Alas there is no light for some reason.. I hate learning curves :/

Tom dropped the led a while ago. Good choice in my opinion. Really ought to read, it can seem like a lot but it really helps. I almost had no learning curve. Hope you pick it up quick friend.

Ripbongs420,

Purple-Days

Buntoast, all units ship with an 'Instructions and Information' booklet. The first page has a 'Quick Start Guide'. Reading, just a little, would get you some answers.

Paragraph 3 describes loading techniques.
"Load the steel tip of the vapor tube. Some folks suck the material into the tube, others take a pinch and stuff it in. Tamp the material lightly with your fingertip to keep the material in place. "

LEDs were dropped in 2008, a while ago... :cool:

Purple-Days,
Reading?!?! Who reads anymore.......just kidding. I partaked in some reading and already got the hang of it. I love it..it's a great device. I also realized it's a phenomenal hand warmer :brow: (my hands are always cold)

burntoast15,
If all goes according to plan, I should have a used Purple Days in my possession in the next few days! I can't wait. One of the classic logs has long been a missing part of my collection.

charliedontsurf,

Atomic

I'm sorry if this has already been addressed but 400 pages is a lot to go through, i have read the first 20 or so pages. I am hoping the inventor or some of the more frequent forum users can help (or direct me to a page where this is addressed). I bought my PD back in Feb. this year and it worked great up until last week when my power supply failed, this issue began a few days before total failure, i assumed it was because the power was cutting in and out not allowing the unit to get to full temp. I believe the failure was due to loose wires as when testing it in other outlets using a multimeter, it would show voltage sometimes but 5 min later show none. I purchased a new supply from radio shack it was a 1000mA, 3-12v (they only had voltage adjustable models) set to 12v, with type M connector. The PD has gone from giving about 10 good hits per pack to 5 weak hits. I use about 1/10 of a gram, fairly dry, ground with a mendo mulcher (not sure of grinder specs, if they are relevant I will find them) The abv was coming out a light to dark brown and is now coming out a lighter green then put in with some browning. After the first few hits it will just stop giving any vapor when there is still plenty to be vaped. Unit still feels as warm as it always has, not sure if that helps. Does this sound an issue with my new power supply, possibly a temp issue, a conduction issue, or some other internal issue i should send it in under warranty for? Any thought, suggestions, or direction to other areas of the forum/thread would be appreciated.

Atomic,

Purple-Days

Atomic, your problem was pretty easy to spot...

The first power supply did not fail. The cord or plug end was broken, giving intermittent power depending on which way the wire is bent. You can go back and check this... Plug the power supply in, let it set 30 minutes. Is it warm? It's functioning... Wiggle the wires or bend the strain relief and you will see your meter fluctuate. You say, "it would show voltage sometimes but 5 min later show none". Very simply a broken cord or plug.

The PD operates using a heavy duty, ceramic resistor to create heat. Resistance is set, with all other factors held steady, Voltage controls heat. Sorry to say, but it's been mentioned several times in this thread, the 'radio shack ... 1000mA, 3-12v (variable)' is notoriously under powered, compared to the original Purple-Days power supply... If you review what you have posted, you may see, the variable that has changed, is the (Radio Shack) power supply.

Radio Shack sells plug ends... http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103614
If you can solder and do a bit of delicate work, replace the broken plug.

www.Jameco.com sells power supplies. Part #10081 , the only transformer we have ever supplied.
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/st...amecoall&ddkey=http:StoreCatalogDrillDownView
They have a $10 min. order and the power supply is $9.95, add a 5 cent transistor to meet the minimum, or order 2 #10081s for about $27 with shipping.

Purple-Days,

Nebulous

Drewper - sorry, wrong person to ask about coffee. That can belongs to the wife, you know? :)

On the phone

IMG_3941.jpg

Nebulous,
I still feel like I need to find the perfect technique to hitting the purple days. Every hit is different like I can't control my breathing IDK. It's a lot different than the MFLB. Might be because of the tube size. I get really big hits sometimes then not so big hits. And I only get 2-3 hits with the tube filled up 3/4. 2-3 hits where I can actually see the vapor. Am I doing anything wrong? After the 2-3 decent hits I put the rest in MFLB and finish it up. :uhoh:

burntoast15,
Top Bottom