Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

josh

vtac said:
On the advice of a knowledgeable glasshead I decided to try a 100ml EHLE. Good quality and value. After a couple weeks of testing I have to say this is an excellent fit for the PD. So much better than the bigger bongs I've tried. Suction is right on and the low volume keeps the vapor thick. Super easy to clean, well made, and just plain fun to hit! You can pick one of these up for only $40 at EDIT.
After being out of stock for a few weeks they are back. I just ordered the EHLE Glass - Ice Cylinder Bong (Hexagon Foot) - 100ml. At $45.33 shipped from UK to US it is a great deal. Although it may end up being a little more once they calculate the actual exchange rate. Thank you so much for the idea vtac! I should be PD bonging by early to mid June.

josh,

owin

josh said:
vtac said:
On the advice of a knowledgeable glasshead I decided to try a 100ml EHLE. Good quality and value. After a couple weeks of testing I have to say this is an excellent fit for the PD. So much better than the bigger bongs I've tried. Suction is right on and the low volume keeps the vapor thick. Super easy to clean, well made, and just plain fun to hit! You can pick one of these up for only $40 at EDIT.
After being out of stock for a few weeks they are back. I just ordered the EHLE Glass - Ice Cylinder Bong (Hexagon Foot) - 100ml. At $45.33 shipped from UK to US it is a great deal. Although it may end up being a little more once they calculate the actual exchange rate. Thank you so much for the idea vtac! I should be PD bonging by early to mid June.
I have the same bong. It's great for the PD. You'll love it. :cool:

owin,

cannabananabis

I had my second power supply die on me recently, and the only 1000mA 12V's in the area are at radioshack for $20. However, when I called the man said they only had 1500mA ones but that should be fine, as long as the voltage is enough. Having a 1500mA 13.5V one around, I remembered that the car adapter was 14V, so rather than paying $20 for a $5 power supply I decided to test mine and it seems to work just fine (although noticeably hotter).

However, is this just as safe 1500mA adapter, or a 1000mA one for that matter? I know it says on the PD site to use a 1000mA 12V DC (although my original was AC) so I just want to make sure I'm not damaging mine - well, my brother's, mine's in for repairs, but just the same.

cannabananabis,

Purple-Days

The PD runs fine on AC or DC, the reason we give replacement power supply values in DC is that's what is commonly available.

As far as 1000mA. The units will run fine on 1500 ma too. Thinking of it like a breaker or fuse, you just need adequate capacity and since the PD draws around 700mA anything 1000mA or over has plenty of 'headroom'.

The car adapter is a simple fused wire and plug. No transformer of other 'adapting'.So what your alternator or battery feed the wire is what the PD gets. Usually in the 13.5 volts range. So you are fine to use that voltage. But as you have found it is hotter.

Purple-Days,

spyder

Have you thought about a Battery pack recently? Doesn't draw too much so finding a cell phone battery or such that would power it 4-6 hours before recharge shouldn't be hard.... or is it?

spyder,

nobilo

Have you thought about a Battery pack recently? Doesn't draw too much so finding a cell phone battery or such that would power it 4-6 hours before recharge shouldn't be hard.... or is it?
I have been thinking the same thing? If this thing had a lithium ion that extended the base by an inch with a round LI rechargeable battery......it would have no competition.

nobilo,

Purple-Days

actually there is a person working on this and thinks he has a viable 10,000 mA device. Should be small enough too. But there are bugs in any new device. really looking to see what he comes up with, it's not the usual 10 AAs run together setup. I can see where any 12V vaporist might have an interest (PD, Vapo, M-zap etc.) so maybe he could make a few. ;)

Purple-Days,

nobilo

Have really been enjoying my loaner PD....hoping that by the time my buddy gets back that the supply/demand issue has evaporated somewhat.

On another note......I am not able to produce the cloudy vaporbong hits that I see a few of you are achieving. My PD stem fits perfectly into my bong downstem (about 18in. straight phire tube), and don't get me wrong....I'm getting pretty good hits....but they don't look as thick or satisfying as some of the videos and postings I've seen here. Perhaps I'm just too used to the glory of SSV vaporbongs and need to adjust my expectations. However, I was wondering if someone could offer some advice on getting milky vapebong hits with the PD.

I have tried loading looser and pulling slower......loading tighter and pulling harder......and like I said, I get some pretty good hits....just not as cloudy as I expected from videos and photos. Perhaps the videos and photos are confusing me because of the lighting, but I'm just don't feel I'm getting optimum results.

nobilo,

sethhobrin

nobilo how dry and how fine do you grind it? the dryer and finer the better clouds from my experiences.

Let it sit out. get it REALLY dry. Then grind it pretty darn fine.

sethhobrin,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
18 inch tube? Yes your expectations are way out of line. The PD isn't a Herborizer or VHW; a tiny bowl can only produce so much vapor. If you're talking about this video, that's a 100ml tube in excellent lighting.

vtac,

nobilo

18 inch tube? Yes your expectations are way out of line. The PD isn't a Herborizer or VHW; a tiny bowl can only produce so much vapor. If you're talking about this video, that's a 100ml tube in excellent lighting.
I wondered if that wasn't the case, although my tube doesn't look much bigger in height or diameter.....I think it is the camera playing tricks with my eyes. When I think about 100ml in the lab.....that isn't much, so thanks for the info. vtac. I think I am getting the optimal results I can with the PD as a vapebong.....which aren't bad, I was just hoping for a little more.....as always. However, for more of a one-hitter efficiency master.....these are pretty darn nice vaporbong rips.

Still looking for holes with the PD, and short of needing to pack it perfectly (not too tight) and needing finely ground herb.....can't find any. Hell of a device.

nobilo,

nobilo

VTAC:

I also just noticed in your 100ml Ehle photo that the PD is sitting right next to the tube for reference size. That helped me to visualize the actual size. The tube I am using has probably double that volume, so the milk ratio I am getting is probably correct. Perhaps I need to invest in the Ehle specifically for the PD. Hate to invest money in accessories for a product that isn't even mine!

Thanks for the help.:peace:

nobilo,

ILoveRadiohead!

nobilo said:
I wondered if that wasn't the case, although my tube doesn't look much bigger in height or diameter.....I think it is the camera playing tricks with my eyes. When I think about 100ml in the lab.....that isn't much, so thanks for the info.
That 100ml ehle tube is only 9 inches in height for reference so it could be quite a bit smaller volume than your 18 incher. :) In regards to the vapor thickness as sethhobrin mentioned dry herb produces bigger clouds but I've also found that certain strains of herb produce different cloud results. That's not saying that the lesser cloud producing strains are less potent, I've had a few types that hardly produce that much visible vapor but you can definitely feel big effects.

ILoveRadiohead!,

max

Out to lunch
Very little THC is lost in water, and it's not really lost, since it's in the water and can be reclaimed. It's not nasty like bong water.

max,

lwien

Mullen said:
why would you want to "vapourbong" you would lose alot of the THC to the water
Not alot. Some people's lungs are really sensitive to heat, so putting it through some some water helps to cool the vapor down, so for them, what little THC is lost in the water is worth it.

lwien,

CuttyBuddy

Mod note: Post deleted. Content was against the 'rule of the thread'-no availability posts in this thread.

CuttyBuddy,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
I got my 250 EHLE in yesterday, been using it with the PD while i wait for my vhw to come.

AWESOME! I have been using some very small glass "seed" beads from micheals ( baked and isoed beforehand ) for diffuser beads, rips amazingly smooth.

When vapor bonging if you really want to see all the vapor in your tube then like vtac said earlier, you need to be in amazing lighting.

Survivalism,

HiC

max said:
Very little THC is lost in water, and it's not really lost, since it's in the water and can be reclaimed. It's not nasty like bong water.
Are you saying you can drink vapewater?

HiC,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
HiC said:
max said:
Are you saying you can drink vapewater?
yes you can, i always do its quite tasty
try starting with fruit juce and vape 3-5 bowls through it, it gets mighty tasty

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Jedu

Oh wait so water doesn't degrade vapor to the extent where it matters at all? And it vapor bong water tastes anything like it smells...:uhoh:

Jedu,
Top Bottom