• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

bongoman

That was a bit like me - I sort of kept up with the vape forum at marijuana.com after vaporinfo.com ran out of steam (pun intended) before even realising that fc was where it was happening. There's a really high signal to noise ratio here, no spammy vendors and a bunch of friendly, passionate vaporiser experts.

As you've probably gathered, the thing about the PD is it's perfect efficiency - Tom has hit the sweet spot beautifully and that's before you even take into account the aesthetics of a lovely, turned, waxed cylinder of wood.

bongoman,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Ah welcome CapnVape, GSH and Reverend! This is awesome! I love watching the family grow. Grampa would be proud (where you at Tom?? Bwaaaahaha!) So many new contributers to the forum. CapnVape dude I really do think you've found the right place, so stir up some conversation here! What units do you own currently? Not that it REALLY matters...the PD is a must have for all vape enthusiasts. At least it's a must TRY for all vape enthusiasts...which I feel would almost end up in a "must have" situation, anyway. Hah, :p Welcome all, I hope everyone is enjoying their new loves. Mine is cold as a pew at the moment, I've got to plug her in and pump some life into that monster.

partially veiled,

CapnVape

Greetings and Salutations PV,
I currently have the SSV, Herbalaire, Vapolution, and Vapor Daddy(in order favorite to least). I used to own a Buddha and a Vapor Genie. I gave the Buddha to my brother(great unit btw) and sold the Genie to a friend(just wasn't my cup of tea). I should say that I originally bought one of those domes(you know the one) but I don't include it in my list of owned/previously owned vapes because I don't consider it a vaporizer, just a POS.
Soon I will add the PD to my collection, yay. I think the vapolution may get pushed aside, it seems the PD does everything the Vapo does, but better. The idea of all my hits being tasty instead of just the first few(with any whip vape) was what attracted me first to this vape. The other thing I like is that you can plug it in and run it 24/7 which is great since I'm a med user. Obviously being a med user, dosing is also very important to me( wow another plus for the PD). Funny thing is, I always said I would never buy a vape without temp control, and here I am super stoked to get one.
Peace

CapnVape,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
CapnVape said:
Greetings and Salutations PV,
I currently have the SSV, Herbalaire, Vapolution, and Vapor Daddy(in order favorite to least). I used to own a Buddha and a Vapor Genie. I gave the Buddha to my brother(great unit btw) and sold the Genie to a friend(just wasn't my cup of tea). I should say that I originally bought one of those domes(you know the one) but I don't include it in my list of owned/previously owned vapes because I don't consider it a vaporizer, just a POS.
Soon I will add the PD to my collection, yay. I think the vapolution may get pushed aside, it seems the PD does everything the Vapo does, but better. The idea of all my hits being tasty instead of just the first few(with any whip vape) was what attracted me first to this vape. The other thing I like is that you can plug it in and run it 24/7 which is great since I'm a med user. Obviously being a med user, dosing is also very important to me( wow another plus for the PD). Funny thing is, I always said I would never buy a vape without temp control, and here I am super stoked to get one.
Peace
Yep another quick member to our "family" of vape owners...seems to happen here regularly :brow:

You will love the PD man...and if other woods are in stock(aside from the American cherry) i would strongly suggest getting it...many users here quite often debate on buying a second
pd.gif
for the verity...all are solid units for sure!

the billy bowls are another thing I regret not adding to my purchase but cash is a lil tight for me right now...:rolleyes:

Hennessy1414,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Yo Capnvape, like the avatar, you a metal fan? I can't say I like Metalocalypse' music (too generic), but being a huge metal head, I appreciate the humor. ;)

Funny thing is, I always said I would never buy a vape without temp control, and here I am super stoked to get one
You know, I was the *exact* same way. I thought a vape without a temp control is 'obsolete', boy was I wrong. My VaporWarez now mostly collects dust and is really only used with company. My Purple-Days even replaced my VW's spot on my desk, and it had been sitting their, undisturbed for a year+!!!! Crazy, isn't it? This little unit packs a wallop and is truly of an ingenious design. I can only imagine the pride and joy Tom experiences reading all of our raves about this vaporizer. Nothing but mad respect for the Purple-Days. :cool:

On a related note, a friend of mine confided in me he is getting sick of smoking. This is my same friend who thought of vaporizing as 'effeminate.' He knows I am a vaporist. He's seeking portability over a house unit from what I understand so he's deciding between the I-Inhale and the PD. A part of me wants him to order the I-Inhale so I can try it out ( :lol: I really, really want to! ) but deep down inside, I know he would be the most pleased with the PD.

SpiralArchitect,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
See CapnVape, as a meds user I would really think that the PD's design, including the specifically targeted "vapor zone", is in fact perfect for your situation. In many ways it is the PD's greatest achievement and most staggering hurdle, but it's no fault of the PD itself...merely the burden of the user. What I'm referring to here is the fact that the better the bud, the better your outcome is going to be with the PD (my :2c: of course, but it's based in experience). On the surface this seems pretty damned obvious and logical, but the obvious part of the statment is not what I'm interested in so much.

Of course better, more carefully grown/processed bud is always going to give a better, deeper stone, and one would reason that a medical user has better access, or at least more license to seek access to, better quality bud than the avg. street user who must risk growing, if situation permits, or simply take what he/she/they/it/whatever can find. So, either grant me that as true or correct me of my prejudice, but I would tend to assume that most med users have access to better material (and I hope this is true as well, because those in need are certainly those who deserve the relief and the healing power of this plant). So then if it's true, if as a meds user you come into contact with more resin glazed, THC rich material than joe normal, and if you are indeed concerned about dosing efficiency...well I stand again to say the PD is the personal vape for you. I've been wrong lots, but let me drag you along further and tell you why I think this so.

The whole concept with the PD vapor zone is to reach and maintain a temperature range in which we see the vaporization of THC. So surely THC is not ALL you're getting in that temperature range and it is most assuredly not all that Cannabis has to offer--but if you're a meds user then presumably you're dealing with material that has good resin production and a higher than average THC content, riiiight?? So the PD's narrow heat corridor is perfect for high THC varietals. It's not so great for average or poor quality "shaky" street schwag. Not much resin to be found here, and although it still works it takes a lot more of it (making the PD less convenient) and sometimes higher temperatures (achievable with something like the SSV or whatever, but not the PD). For this reason high quality bud is PREFERRED for the PD, and the Vapor Zone is then seen as something which will only maximize your experience: it will ensure you're staying in the perfect temperature range to get those THC goodies, knowing that it holds that range as well as it does through such a variety of hit styles and intensities, it will allow you to dose that very effective high quality bud more efficiently--as I'm sure you can tell the PD bowl/stem is a relatively small does (which makes it harder to use with lower THC varietals--like I said, the greatest advantage and the greatest hurdle..)--and as you've mentioned, one of the great benefits of this vaporizer is that it's safe enough to be left on all day for constant, any time usage, and the small dose packets have the oh so pleasant side effect of NOT succumbing to the vanishing returns scenario of the death of big bowls...every hit, except sometimes the last hit on a tube (but really even then the PD has NEVER been foul or even slightly "popcornish" during my usage) is TAAaaaaasssssSSSTY!

This vaporizer just keeps getting more fascinating, as well. Something I've long thought, I doubt actually that any PD owner has not come to this conclusion just through using their own PD, but it was recently articulated here so it's worth bringing up now. The fact that you're mating a SS bowl with a SS port, both of which conduct heat from the internal heat source (the port gets hot enough that you don't want to touch it with your unguarded fingers) adds an element of conduction to this convection vaporizer. It's never enough to even come close to scorching your herbs, but it does aid in warming that small mass of herb material in the bowl evenly and thoroughly, creating for no real "weak spots" in the air/vapor stream you actually pull through the tube (in my understanding/theorizing). I actually like to hold my stem in the PD unit itself, with the SS parts mated, holding the unit upside down with the stem and unit all in my right hand (this has become really comfortable and second nature, and the PD is one of those things I just USE without thinking about it now...very routine/habitual). I hold this for a few to just let the bowl and the herbs to warm up then after my first hit I just always return the stem to the PD after I'm done drawing on it, and thereby let it heat up again. I have just developed a rhythm in this sense. Once you've taken your first pull, there's no need to really worry about holding the unit/stem at a downward angle or right-side up (stem on top, PD body on bottom): the herbs aren't moving once you're liberated some resin :ko:!

Anyway man I could seriously go on about this thing for way too long, so I'm going to shut up in the hopes that I don't sound like I'm shouting from the rafters yet. :p I really think you'll enjoy this soon, and then I can sit back and let you do the mad ranting for a while perhaps?? Heh :peace:

partially veiled,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
PartiallyVeiled!!!!....Happy to read your fantasically obsessed post. I too have a rythm that closely mimics yours. I recently aquired some decent mids, and you are right. Normally I get really good quality herb, and it is true...the better the herb, then the better the PD will perform. You can say that with any process of ingesting herb. A bong will be more effective with meds that are stonrg and resinous. I too leave the bowl on the heat exchanger so thye herb stays at optimum temp levels. I've found that simple is better with this design. I treid the tube, and water esivior with little avail. Although I'm convinced she isn't getting as hot with the new wall adaptor I bought. Maybe I'm just hallucinating....I wish lol. Either way. and 8 inch aquarium tube shoved into the stem will cool the vapor nicely for a sore throat. Don't waste the time with the resivior. IMO of course

As for medication purposes...I think the PD works fantasticall for those who are actually trying to dose them selves instead of just getting high. For instance the SSV. A great party vape, and hits like a champ. Yes you could take your meds in this fasion, but you'll be wasting so much of your meds if all you need is the benifits. I'll give you a breif med rundown for myself in relation to MMJ. That way you know where I'm comming from.

I have sever panic/anxiety disorder, arthritis from a dislocated vertabre in my neck and in my knees from reconstructive surgery (defroming kind), constant stomach ucers, and severe migranes that reduce me to a whipering pool of pain. Now I've had many tests for all these things when I had insurance with no natural help and was on anti-depressants, anti-inflamatories, insulin for my diabetes, hydrocodne for my arthritis and migranes (blood thinner too), and epileptic medication for my panic disorder (yes...that severe) non of which were natural all before 30 yrs old. Over the last year I have stripped all the meds by diet, exercise, and meditation and moved to a haullistic forms of well being. All but the Klonopin for panic/anxiety. I hate to take it, but it allows me to join society, work, and be around love ones. I use to take 1 pill everyday, but it is for epilepsy so it is VERY strong. I have a mathmatical job, and I needed my brain. Plus at 150 USD every 3 weeks...it is very expensive. Now I take only a 1/4 everyday, and my PD will calm me in 5 minutes/medicates me in 10. That's a lot better than 30 - 45 minutes for pills to work, or be a zombie all day with no feelings/emotions by taking them as soon as I woke up. Soon I hope to be off chemical meds for good, but for now I feel my brain for the first time in years. To me the PD is amazing at delivering the right amount of meds, exact amount controlled by me, and getting the goodness in my system as quickly as possible.

Thank you Tom and Pammy,

DD

I can't wait to come to the west coast in April, and get MJ leagally! A theoretical grow of 4 plants would cost about 300 USD per crop for 4 months of meds. OR I could spend 750 USD in the same time on Klonopin alone. No wonder legal MMJ isn't everywhere yet. The medical fat cats wouldn't be making any money. lol Califonia/Washington HERE I COME!!!

DigitalDavinci,

Purple-Days

Yes, Spiral, we are very proud, :D some of the comments are very touching.

The folks using our device for medical reasons is a very big thing to us. And neither of us thinks a card makes a medical user. I think half of us are med users, even if we never get a MD.s approval.

BTW, Hennesey, I don't Buzz-Butter the throat of the body for a reason. I don't want any trace of the wax or oil to get on that Heat Exchanger. Pammy who can get over-zealous with the Buzz-Butter on her units found out that the stuff doesn't vape too good ...:rolleyes: So I keep that HE covered until the lasy moments of sanding and finishing to keep it 100% clean.

Welcome to the forum Cap'nVape. You haven't heard of us 'cause we are new, for one (development started January of 2008) and it's a word of mouth thing too, kinda underground.

It's because we wanted a vape we could trust. One that we knew had no toxic stuff and wsa durable enough to use everyday without worries.. Efficiency, stealth, fresh tasty hits are jusr side benefits.

Purple-Days,

bongoman

Although I'm convinced she isn't getting as hot with the new wall adaptor I bought.
That's interesting - my netgear router broke down the other day and as I was reassembling the wireles network here I noticed that the power supply for the Netgear was a 12V 1A unit.

So I ran my PD on it for a couple of hours and even before I did a stem noticed that the unit felt hotter than normal to the touch. When I did a stem it was was too hot and was almost smoky.

Weird that the power supply is rated the same as the one I normally use which puts the PD perfectly in the vapor zone, whereas the Netgear one was way too hot. Same voltage, same amperage but no good.

bongoman,

CapnVape

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome

Yo Capnvape, like the avatar, you a metal fan? I can't say I like Metalocalypse' music (too generic), but being a huge metal head, I appreciate the humor. ;)
I do enjoy metal, but I'm no metal head. Right now I'm listening to Dragonforce, I've been into them for a while now. My favorite band of all time has to be Queen, man Freddie Mercury is insanely awesome.

Of course better, more carefully grown/processed bud is always going to give a better, deeper stone, and one would reason that a medical user has better access, or at least more license to seek access to, better quality bud than the avg.
I live in Canada, you do as well I believe PV. There are only 2500 "licenced" med users in the entire country(which I am lucky enough to have) because the card is almost impossible to get. So the vast majority of med users here are left vulnurable to the law and the black market. Myself I have a designated grower so, yes, I do pretty much always have really good bud.

I have sever panic/anxiety disorder, arthritis from a dislocated vertabre in my neck and in my knees from reconstructive surgery (defroming kind), constant stomach ucers, and severe migranes that reduce me to a whipering pool of pain. Now I've had many tests for all these things when I had insurance with no natural help and was on anti-depressants, anti-inflamatories, insulin for my diabetes, hydrocodne for my arthritis and migranes (blood thinner too), and epileptic medication for my panic disorder (yes...that severe) non of which were natural all before 30 yrs old.
Sounds a lot like me, you use the holy herb to ease both your mind and body. I've managed so far to get off ALL pharms and I'm very happy about it. Just MJ for me, and it works better than all those nasty pharms with no negative side effects.

The folks using our device for medical reasons is a very big thing to us. And neither of us thinks a card makes a medical user. I think half of us are med users, even if we never get a MD.s approval.
I couldn't agree more Tom. I believe most people who use Cannabis regularly are med users, even if they don't know it. How many people use MJ because it relieves stress? Can't wait to try your product, I'll be putting in my order next week.

CapnVape,

max

Out to lunch
CapnVape said:
That list almost mirrors mine CapnVape. I have (have had) all but the DB, and my first was a POS conduction unit too-the BC Vaporizer.

I feel safe in saying you will really appreciate the PD, since we seem to have similar taste in vapes. ;) Music too, at least with Queen. :bowdown:

SpiralArchitect said:
On a related note, a friend of mine confided in me he is getting sick of smoking. This is my same friend who thought of vaporizing as 'effeminate.' He knows I am a vaporist. He's seeking portability over a house unit from what I understand so he's deciding between the I-Inhale and the PD. A part of me wants him to order the I-Inhale so I can try it out ( I really, really want to! ) but deep down inside, I know he would be the most pleased with the PD.
Make sure he really puts a high priority on stealth portability Spiral, if he's going to get the inhale over the PD. As much as I appreciate the 'use anytime' stealth of the inhale, the PD is so much more efficient and pleasurable to use. The inhale is a nice tool, but the PD is an 'experience', as we all know. And you can add the Vapolution battery pack to the PD and still beat the inhale price by a few bucks.

max,

papitas

Hey guys! I am a noob here but I just ordered my PD and I had a question. Can you use hash mixed in with herb on the PD (or for that matter, any vape)?
Thanks in advanced for your help

papitas,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hello papitas! Search and read a bit around here and you won't be a noob for long. Yes you can vaporize hash and yes it works well on top of bed of herb, especially in the PD's efficient little bowl. Expose as much surface area as possible for best results-- think kif. You rockin' some good drysift? Bubble?

CapnVape, welcome aboard, good to have you. :) Same goes for anyone else I missed. Hard to keep up with this crazy forum you know.

You've convinced me to melt some kif on top this bedtime bowl. ;pd;:luv::ko:

vtac,

CapnVape

Well, I ordered a PD, can't wait till it gets here. Tom and Pammy's customer service lives up to the reputation they have here(the best). I ordered a cherry model(no logo), a redwood billy bowl, 2 extra tubes, and a holder. After I get it and break it in a bit I'll post my :2c: here.

:peace:

CapnVape,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Cool CapnVape! I know, aren't those two great? I'm sure they are really busy of late, yet they still take the time out of their day for that individual touch. Wise choice on those extras.... I also got a Redwood Billy Bowl, extra tubes and a holder. I don't know what I would do without any of them.... The Billy Bowl is absolutely beautiful and a centerpiece on my coffee table. I put my spent PD material in the holder ( I stick the tube in, jostle it and everything falls out! So easy! ) because it fits my VaporWarez wand perfectly ( so I can just inhale from it to load a bowl ). This is truly a stoner device. :p

I find that extremely dry bud vaporizes the best in the PD, or at least, I can vaporize the most out of it. So I generally put a few nugs in the bowl overnight, so in the morning they are nice and crisp and ready. Tom recommends the TV (free heat) too. My friend had some moist nugs and I gave him that recommendation yesterday. Buds 'right as rain' now. Bad idiom, but you get what I'm saying. ;)

I'd have to say after owning this thing for... hrm, a few months now? I can't even remember.... my favorite aspect is the reliability: it is on 24/7. Last night I had a terrible insomnia and I just laid in bed tossing and turning. I knew my PD was on, right by my side, so I vaped 2 bowls (sharing with my cat) at like 4:00 am, listening to the pitter-patter of the rain. The use of this device has become so intuitive I can basically do it with my eyes closed, which is an obvious advantage in the pitch black/groggy. After some AK-47 and hash, I fell asleep with the PD at my side, tube in hand, and cat curled up in lap, purring away. :lol:

:D

SpiralArchitect,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
ok so i picked up a dank sac of purps :rolleyes: and im testing them out in my purple-days..seems fitting

who else has had purple in the purple?

:cool:

Hennessy1414,

CapnVape

I guess it's a good thing I ordered my PD last weekend, I just checked the Purple Days website and they're sold out. I'm really hoping my unit gets here by Christmas, but with the postal strike up here it could be delayed. Man, why does Canada Post always strike around Christmas?

CapnVape,

Purple-Days

I put up the sold out sign 'cuase one of our tools broke. :rolleyes: Had parts made to fill the current orders. Don't want to take orders I can't fill. Should be back up and running on Monday.

Too bad about the postal folks, extra leverage when negotiating near the holidays. (hoping a couple of holiday cards get there too)

Purple-Days,

420Downunder

Purple-Days said:
I put up the sold out sign 'cuase one of our tools broke. :rolleyes: Had parts made to fill the current orders. Don't want to take orders I can't fill. Should be back up and running on Monday.

Too bad about the postal folks, extra leverage when negotiating near the holidays. (hoping a couple of holiday cards get there too)
Isn't it always the way, this has to be the busiest time of year for you too :/

420Downunder,

bongoman

Hey PD users, how are you getting your copper aromatherapy cup off the unit when you want to vape? Anyone got an effective way?

I'm using a metal paper clip to grip and lift it off cause that's what's on my desk. One like this:

istockphoto_497712_metal_paper_clip.jpg

bongoman,

Purple-Days

Yep, Murphy is never far. SNAFU. :rolleyes:

Yes, it's a busy time for us, but I would rather miss a sale than take an order and delay shipment. Possibly screwing up a holiday present.

I bought a cheapo replacement tool at the hardware, I don't expect it to last, but it might hold out till the Pro model arrives in a couple of weeks. The one I really want comes from an aircraft mfg supplier, made special for dealing with stainless and costs a ton, maybe next time... I'm sure the cost is highly inflated because of the aircraft(FAA)/government/military application, but good tools are worth every penny, even when over priced. :2c:

Aroma cup: I just snatch it off with finger and thumb. Best to have a pre-plan and know where you will be setting it down (right away :lol: ). I suppose tweezers or hemos or a paper towel folded as an insulator would work.

If you are using aroma oils, just a few drops will make spillage less likely. And using incense (scraped from a stick) eliminates the fluid hazards entirely. :)

Purple-Days,

Reverend

I just wanted to chime in that I got my PD, actually got it just a few days after ordering, but I?ve been tied up (mostly tied up with my PD) and I am enthralled with my first vape.

I have breathing issues, along with some pretty bad anxiety issues, nasty insomnia, and a few other various things that makes every doctor in the world want to pump me full of 800 pills a day to fix those issues, and I say screw that - I?m not too big on pumping myself with that stuff unless I can absolutely not avoid it.

While smoking used to help the vast majority of my problems (even the breathing issues to a degree), the smoke often seemed to do some harm for my breathing probs at times.

Vaporizing seems to have none of the negative effects of smoking, so far, and all the beneficial effects. I believe I am a convert :D

Just wanted to say thanks to the people at PD.

Oh and to get my aromatherapy cup off the unit, I?ve been using my trusty pair of needle nose pliers (they go everywhere with me, never know when you might need some needle nose :ninja: )

:peace:

Reverend,

max

Out to lunch
Glad you like the PD Reverend (somehow I'm not surprised at all :lol:). Tom and Pammy definitely win the 'Fuck Combustion Cup' for customer service. :tup:

max,

Purple-Days

Welcome to our family Reverand. Glad you are enjoying the vapor world.

Thanks, Max, we try hard. :)

Wow, Tool Barn said 2 weeks to get the new tool and that Mil Spec tool ws a 4-6 week deal (the hardware store cheapo didn't work at all). So I started looking. This is phenomenal, same exact tool at different places... One didn't list a price and when I called it was over $1000. Skygeeks posted it at $400 but 6 weeks out. Third place well under $200 and in stock, Oh Yeah. It's the $400 govt. spec toilet seat syndrome. :2c:

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom