Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
Hey PD users, how are you getting your copper aromatherapy cup off the unit when you want to vape? Anyone got an effective way?
i leave my unit on all the time with incense crumbles in it, it really is awesome that i can say "fuck combustion" even with incense! :lol:

when i want to use it as a vape i just turn it on its side and let the cup just fall out, it doesnt get hot enough to burn wood surfaces, or to melt my carpet

i also have some other thoughts on the pd
the pd is really great in the low to mid dose range, and its good for when i want to stay high for long periods, and the small doses are wonderful for medicinal purposes, like when im feeling a bit sick or if i need something to loosen me a bit psychologically, ill take one or two hits, not even finishing a bowl, and ill be in a noticeably different state of mind (mostly sober, but off baseline) for a couple hours

for larger sessions however, it takes longer than id like to get me really ripped, its not for lack of capability, moreso, its a lack of patience on my part, but i cant seem to get enough in a period of time to come to many of the more psychedelic effects of cannabis
this is the main reason i think the pd is paired so well with other units, and im planning on adding the vaporgenie to my lineup after christmas :cool:
later on, i can see the pd being my "workhorse" vape, that is, the one i use most of the time just to relax, and when i want the low to mid doses (where the pd cant be beat)
the pd will always have a place in my lineup and my heart, it truely is special :luv:

Acolyte of Zinglon,

420Downunder

That's a crazy variance in price for a tool :o
I plan I getting one of these which should fill out my lineup, I've already got a SSV and a Herborizer arriving this week with any luck :brow:

420Downunder,

bongoman

Wow, an SSV AND a Herborizer! With a PD in the lineup I don't think you'll ever need to buy another vape again.

Pity about the Australian dollar right now huh 420?

bongoman,

420Downunder

bongoman said:
Wow, an SSV AND a Herborizer! With a PD in the lineup I don't think you'll ever need to buy another vape again.

Pity about the Australian dollar right now huh 420?
Lol, what can you do, I've gotten pretty used to a lousy exchange rate, 399 euro is over AU$800 :rolleyes:

420Downunder,

bongoman

The way I rationalise my vaporising expenses is by telling myself that you can't put a price on a set of healthy lungs. I want to keep surfing and cycling and doing shit as I get older and if your lungs are shot, then game over.

SSV and a Herborizer? $800. A healthy set of lungs? Priceless.

bongoman,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
bongoman said:
Hey PD users, how are you getting your copper aromatherapy cup off the unit when you want to vape? Anyone got an effective way?
I use a "bambu" (brand name) pair of wood tongs to pick up the cup. I like that they're wood, just like the PD. Just happened to have them in the kitchen drawer! :)

I have the smaller of the two:
bamb_tongs_MED.jpg

greenganja

I have read every post in this thread. Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for providing such a wealth of information on the Purple Days vaporizer. Being a fresh newbie to the world of vaporizing, this forum has certainly provided me with a lot of useful knowledge about the vaporizing experience. Please refrain from the jeers when I say that unfortunately, my wife & I are currently using a water pipe (bong). However, since the good old bong hits seem to be choking both of us up quite a bit now days (from being longtime smokers), I was thinking that there must be a better way of reaping the benefits of smoking, other than cooking with it. I have been making more marijuana baked goods as of late. The high from eating a cookie or brownie or whatever you may choose to cook it with, is a decent high but...I feel like when it hit's it hit's like a ton of bricks and then you don't get up from the couch for the next couple of hours. My wife & I weren't really looking for that particular "couchlock" kind of high, so I decided to fire up the ole' internet and research some different methods of introducing thc into one's system. I had always been somewhat familiar with the Volcano vaporizer but didn't really give it much thought in the past, (due to the fact that in the past I wasn't as aware of the healthy benefits of vaporizing). I just always assumed the Volcano was some fancy contraption for getting you really baked. Anyhow my journey to this site began with a google search for vaporizing message boards and forums. Which lead me to Marijuana.com and cannabis.com and from someone's signature in of those rooms I found this site by proxy. So I began my research and have read all the specifications, reviews, comments, videos, etc... on a lot of different vaporizing products. I originally had my heart set on a SuperVapezilla due to an endorsement from high times or cannabis cup awards or something like that, but knew in my heart that $500 dollars wasn't going to fly. After I got further into searching and reading I narrowed my choice down to the less expensive but equally as good Da Buddha or an Extreme. Then after reading a couple of comments about how much plant material that a vape like the Surfer or Buddha can go through, I suddenly began to waffle back and forth on deciding on which product to purchase. Then I ran across another thread on this forum about a product called Purple Days. I read a few reviews and watched a couple of youtube video's of people using the PD and also the videos that show the durability of the Purple Days. So I finally find the official PD thread, and read every post in it. I can honestly say that after reading all of the post's that I am officially sold on this unit. It seems to be everything that we are looking for in a vaporizer. Small form factor, ease of use, conserves your weed, can leave it on 24/7, no moving parts to break, the value or price, I could go on and on. I wasn't fully convinced just yet, so I decided to call the company myself. The gentleman that I spoke with on the phone was extremely polite and was more than happy to answer any questions that I had about his product, we must have talked for at least 45 minutes. This gentleman and his wife seem to be like my kind of people, good vibes down to earth, honest, and responsible people as well as being environmentally conscious. I will be placing an order as soon as he receives the new shipment of ti tree wood. Just wanted to say thank all of you who had contributed to this thread, which was able to help my wife and I in making our decision. We look forward to enjoying the benefits of the vaporization method from here on out.

greenganja,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Welcome to the PD family, the forum, and most importantly, the world of vaporizing!!! I think you made a wide decision. I will give you fair warning, once you vape all the time, their is no turning back and you end up collecting these things.... I'm contemplating ordering another one soon, a different vaporizer that is.... :uhoh:

Happy tokin'! I think Tom said he'd be back in biz early 09.... :)

SpiralArchitect,

max

Out to lunch
I'll second the welcome greenganja.
Congratulations on your good research (and luck) in finding the best forum for vapor info and the best bargain in a vaporizer. :luv: ;pd;

I have read every post in this thread.
Congrats on your patience too. :lol:

max,

HoneyAir

I too have read every post in this thread, because they are all worth reading.

My username is an indication of how incredible vaporizing is, so much that it is a "I dread ever smoking again" item. Sweet... honey.... air. So sweet, it lines the inside of the tube with honey residue. Who wants bitter black tar after tasting something so sweet?

Am I the only one who has been shocked at the taste of that first exhale of smoked herb after becoming used to vapor? I feared in that moment that I had also burned a huge wad of hair, so much that I had to check, thats how bad it tasted to me.

I have NEVER had smoke taste that bad to me, not the first time I tried it, not after being away from it for months.

Clearly, vapor rules. How did we live without this?

:cool:

When I was looking for my first vaporizer, after agonizing for the longest time I decided the best course of action would be to make my first mistake on the cheapest vaporizer, and that turned out to be the Biohazard.

Ah, a glass wand. So wonderful, yet so fragile. I made sure I kept the wand as close to the floor so I wouldn't break it in dropping it... but did not take into account things falling onto it from above. [CRACK]. I was able to superglue it together, but clearly it was going to go downhill from here. My vaporizer lessons were done, and it was time to look for the right one.

Here's what I needed...

1] Taste, taste, taste.

My Biohazard had no temperature control, supposedly to be 'at the optimum temperature' The problem is, there is a wide difference between something that reaches optimum temperature and something that has been sitting there for minutes building up heat, so that your first inhale is a scorcher turning the herb brown/dark black.

Bleah! The taste is bad... I eventually got used to it, but its definitely not conductive to answering your newbie friends question as to why you think vaporizing is better. All of my AVB looked like tobacco (dark brown to black), so I was confused when I'd see some people posting photos of green AVB.

Purple Days never gets out of the vapor zone, never scorches. The only way to have the faintest hint of popcorn is if you milk the bowl long past its expiration. This is perfection.

The proof is in the AVB. All my AVB is green!!! Even the bowls I purposefully tried to milk long past its expiration.

2] DURABILITY! [duh]

A nail was slowly driven into my brain as it tried to process the image of my cracked glass wand.

Unless you are in perfect control of your surroundings, you will always have a pet or kid or friend or foot caught in the cord that subjects your vaporizer to physical abuse.

If your home is no arena for the fragile, you want the toughest mofo on the block. This unit is it.

I would not be surprised to see this unit last me a lifetime, so much that I can even pass it on.

3] Efficiency!!!

If you never run out of herb and can consume tons of it inexpensively, then the SSV would outshine the PD for you since it would allow you to take the deepest rips you want.

For the rest of us... the PD is king.

I read about how hard it might seem to inhale the first time you use the PD. Even with this in mind, I still was taken aback. The thought, "If I was drowning and this was all the air I could get through this tube, I'd DROWN!" came up.

I had a thought that maybe the tube could be better if a tiny hollow tube was stuck in to help draw... and then I had to stop myself right there. The tight draw... the packed bowl... THAT is the point! This is where the efficiency comes in! What the hell was I thinking trying to circumvent that?

This is where the posts in this thread helped clear the issue up for me, along with repeated experience. At least for me, when the bowl is hot, the draw is much easier. Some people have posted that they like to put the stem in and leave it there for 5-15 seconds before inhaling... and that works very well for me.

Even if I don't heat up the bowl, repeated experience has helped me learn how to draw correctly that what I felt the first time I tried it is NOT an issue for me at all... the draw feels perfectly normal now and not at all suffocating.

I seem to be saving the same as others report around here... 40 to 50 percent.

I love the smell of the wood, which comes out more when it is warm. The BuzzButter smells awesome too when you put it on. I've used a timer with this thing so that it comes on before I wake up in the morning... so there are zero incidences of having to wait for anything at all. Its ready whenever I am.

I love the way the leather bottom seamlessly blends with the wood. Pam told me that Tom works really hard to do that right, and I appreciate that. The LED may be gone, but that purple leather complements the item's name perfectly!

This is a great community... its an honor to be a part of it and to throw my own impressions in.

HoneyAir,

Purple-Days

So glad you are here, welcome to the Purple-Days family, and the best vapor forum around. And thanks for all the kind words about our product. :)

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

Spiral said,
"I think Tom said he'd be back in biz early 09.... " Yes, check in January for new exotics.

Cherry is always available (except right now, with the tool breakage :/ ) We should be available for cherry orders on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week.

Purple-Days,

nysuperscum

just a quick update from my phone here in NYC i have grown to love my PD. i use it every day. i have pretty much stopped using any others except occasionally the i-inhale.. it's so simple, unique, and efficient. it also gives me a better hit than just about any vape i have used. still checking the forum too. keep up the great work tom and pam.

nysuperscum

nysuperscum,

max

Out to lunch
it's so simple, unique, and efficient. it also gives me a better hit than just about any vape i have used...
Sounds like a great testimonial to add to your site Tom. ;)

max,

Purple-Days

Yes, Max, so many folks have said so many nice things. I asked Pammy to gather up some of them and we will update that page.

Thanks for the kind words, nysuperscum. We are proud to make a product people can trust and enjoy. :D

Purple-Days,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Well, it's official...I'm now in the family!

Got my PD 30 minutes ago and it is already warming up...I hope to start with some oil today and green tonight!

Tom, the packaging is great! So many cool little things you throw in there. I can't believe how small it is! I mean, I knew it was small, but I wasn't ready for it to be this small...that is excellent!

I can't believe you include the car adapter as well! Now I won't need to take the Genie with me on those 4th meal runs!

I also can't get over how small the bowl is. I was gonna ask someone to compare the sizes of the VG and the PD, but now I can do it myself. I think it probably uses just over half of what I use in the VG, but I'll know more tonight.

This could turn into one of those mistake purchases for me. It is sooooo inconspicuous that it will be out in the open all the time, making it very easy for me to hit it. I usually only hit at night, but this is going to make it much harder for me to control myself. And the fact that it is always ready...oh boy! I already love it and all I've done is plug it in! I keep looking at it, listening to its call.

I can't believe it took over 1000 posts in this thread before I finally got one!

Thanks, Tom...great job!

stickstones,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
stickstones! welcome to the family my friend! Time to update the signature. I wish the UPS delivered stuff to my house this early in the morning! Happy vaping my friend. What kind of wood did you get btw?

stonemonkey55,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I've got the incense on there right now and it is working nicely. This thing is gonna be so cool when I yank the bowl off, use up a tube, then put it back on and no one is the wiser!

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
You'll have some adjusting to do, hit wise, compared to your E and VG, but I know you'll appreciate your new acquisition. ;)

max,
Top Bottom