Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

stickstones

Vapor concierge
max said:
You'll have some adjusting to do, hit wise, compared to your E and VG, but I know you'll appreciate your new acquisition. ;)
Yeah,
I was thinking about going back and reading this thread again because there are some fantastic tips that I forgot since I didn't have a PD at the time...but 45 pages...shew!

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
Tip#1-blow out that spent bowl while it's still hot. ;)

SHED7 said:
if im allegic to bees would the bees wax make me react
I seriously doubt it. Venom comes from the venom glands and beeswax comes from wax glands.

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Alright, sticks! About friggin time! :D

Though, after having so much experience with the E and VG, you'll really be able to appreciate how unique and excellent the PD is.

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Dude...I was so calm and patient waiting for the delivery. But waiting until tonight is KILLING me! My boy has his first band performance tonight, so after that we will get started a little late and I will chime in.

stickstones,

420Downunder

Grats SS, I'm sure you'll love it :D
I've decided to wait until the exotic woods and the western maple billy bowls come back in stock :brow:

420Downunder,

GSH

On a Möbius plane
As I sit here with this lingering vapour in my mouth soon to be a nice cloud...I have realised that over the last two days since my PD arrived I am slowly converting to vapourising...

I have slowly stopped craving a joint and now start craving a PD bowl :)

I would just like to say thank you to Tom and Pam for the work they have put into these units...they are lovely to look at and very tactile...and it is clear that a lot of work has gone in to each one.

And also for the Hazelnut Cocoa in the package as well...that went down very nicely with a couple of PD hits :lol:

Just one thing I have noticed though, when I took the PD round my friends house last night, it didn't get as warm as it did at my house and as such was only just in the vapour zone :/ . I am in the UK and as such had to source a wall adaptor...and it is regulated at 1000 mA so I know that it should be the same output wherever I plug it in...the only thing I can think of is that it was a slightly cooler atmosphere at his?

Nonetheless...an excellent vape that is in a league of its own with unparalleled beauty :D

GSH,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Hello,

I was wondering if any of you creative and electronically-oriented individuals have found a battery pack to enable the PD to be completely mobile.

I am currently trying to figure out how to use the Lenmar PPU1619 that I use for my Extreme, but it only has 16V, 19V, and USB (5V) options.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Toke it easy :cool:

Progress,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Look for max's posts in the first few pages of this thread...he was using a battery pack from, I think, the Vapolution.

stickstones,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
battery packs have been looked at and with a battery pack of reasonable size, you would only have about an hour and a half time from full charge, which isnt enough to really do anything, but it could be useful to those of us without a motor vehicle to keep it warm while we peddle our bikes :lol:
li-ion is the kind of battery you want to get, as its voltage stays pretty stable throughout the charge, and would give a more accurate temperature

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Progress

Thank you Bob..um I mean stickstones (I love the pic of Robert Nesta).

I read through the whole thread before ordering the PD (whew).

VapoBattPak is too much $ too few Wh/recharge cycles for its price (plus others have reported loose cord issues when used with the PD)

I know I need 12V/1A of AC or DC and a matching plug.

I want it to be coat pocket size and preferably ~10 Ah.

I'm really hoping to make the Lenmar battpak work for both units.

Thanks again!

The search continues....

Progress,

Progress

A of Z. Thanks for the insight (I appreciate any I can get).

with a battery pack of reasonable size, you would only have about an hour and a half time from full charge
With all due respect AoZ, I beg to differ.

I run my extreme for hours including the warm-up period using the battpak referenced above (see extreme thread for details).

Toke care!

Progress,

max

Out to lunch
battery packs have been looked at and with a battery pack of reasonable size, you would only have about an hour and a half time from full charge, which isnt enough to really do anything
Depends on how you use it. Going from fully heated to the BP, I would get mucho use from the PD with spot use. Up to a dozen or so uses on a single charge. Until I got the I-inhale, it was well worth it to me to use the Vapo pack. Long sessions are out of course.

max,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
hmm, its not really something ive planned on doing, as ive always had a spot in my plans for a pure portable unit, so i never really looked into the battery packs other than what was already discussed in this thread

sorry for the flawed info, i thought i remembered that from earlier in the thread, but i guess my memory tricked me, i usually try not to make statements like that unless im sure its right, ive been getting a bit sloppy as of late though :/

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Progress

sorry for the flawed info
Don't sweat it AoZ

I have found the Smith Vector Fanny Power Pack for $60 that could be used with the car adapter included in the PD kit.

I still need to make sure it has an output of (or output setting for) one amp and want to look for something cheaper (or better yet something that allows me to use the Lenmar battpak I now use for my Extreme, laptop, phone, I pod, etc.).

Progress,

max

Out to lunch
AofZ you're probably remembering Tom reporting a little less than 90 min. running time when testing my Vapo BP. New, it's supposed to be good with the Vapo for 2 hrs. I never tested total running time with the PD, and the battery pack, being a couple of years old, maybe doesn't last as long as it used to. The Lenmar battery Progress uses with his Extreme is made for laptops and is good for 3 hrs.

Progress said:
I was wondering if any of you creative and electronically-oriented individuals have found a battery pack to enable the PD to be completely mobile.
The Vapir Mini (12V like the PD and Vapo) uses the same 10 pack of metal hydride AA's. I doubt you'll find anything else this size that gives more running time.

max,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Will power, biatches...that's what I got. I just passed my first PD test...It's been on since 10:15 am smelling up my office with sweet lavender. I still haven't hit it, but the kids are going down now, so look out!

I'm excited...can you tell?

stickstones,

Progress

The Vapir Mini (12V like the PD and Vapo) uses the same 10 pack of metal hydride AA's. I doubt you'll find anything else this size that gives more running time.
Thank you, Max. So far All I have found is the Smith Vector Fanny Pack mentioned above (6.5 Wh, I think) or the significantly larger Duracell 300 Powerpack (56 Wh, I think).

The Duracell 300 is good for a weekend of power (for the E) and is the size of a boom box (11 lbs, I think). The 300 also pumps car tires, jumpstarts, has AC and DC outlets, etc. (helps justify price).

I am stubborn (and spend a lot of my relax time hiking/bikibg/camping outdoors or in retreats that don't always have electricity), so I will keep looking for an affordable solution that meets my needs.

Any help/insight is greatly appreciated.

Progress,

Purple-Days

Sorry to stay away so long. Dead computer and a long ride to get a new one yesterday, a wasted day, and today was double busy.

Welcome to the Purple-Days Family Sticks and GSH and Progress... hope I didn't miss anybody...

Darn Sticks, you were post number two on this thread and you finally made it, I always knew you would. :)

GSH, the environment plays a factor, cold rooms = cooler vapor. Drafts can cool the Heat Exchanger too, so setting it in front of a fan will lower the temps...

Progress I think the battery is a borderline thing at best, and AofZ's memory was right on. It works but it's not what we intended. I tested Max's Vapo Batt-Pack and wasn't impressed (with it's performance on our unit), so we won't offer or suggest any battery (other than the one in your car or boat)

Tool news, got the Fancy tool, it wasn't as pictured, but will do the job (crosses fingers) Yep, just tried it out, neat-o... Back in business on that level. Got a back-up arriving Thursday maybe...

Wood news, unfortunately (I suppose) a rush of orders for the Holidays has depleted our current supply of Cherry (all orders in process, and promises, have wood available, no worries) We won't take orders for something we don't have, and Steve my wood supplier says call back Wednesday, he is currently sold out of the 3" cherry that I need, he expects to have more by mid-week.

Exotics: Steve had some Tas Blackwood and some Tea Tree and I bought all that he had that was a size I could use. That's the good part, the bad is that he says he no longer has a supplier of that wood from Australia. So looks like there will be a few more of each of those and that's all...

Billy Bowls are sold out for now, but our buddy down the street promises more soon. He is the bowl turner and a real artist at it.

Buzz-Butter and allergies to bees?
Wow, I don't know... What max says makes sense, but you didn't specifically say it was the sting you were allergic to. Heck I don't know... but, a custom unit with Flax Oil only finish might suit you.

Electronics news: Looking into an EU suitable transformer. Talked to a tech today and ordered one that an EU customer is going to test for us soon. Might be nice to supply, so folks don't have to go looking for something to meet our specs.

Purple-Days,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
One tube and I am totally fucked up...and I get why you need the bag. Started to blow that shit onto a piece of paper and just about got it everywhere! There was very little used.

stickstones,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
^
Yup, I knew I only had '1 pea of weed' left when I was off work today, but I didn't have any worries.... after an 8 hr shift I loaded that thing up and what do you know.... that small amount got me to where I needed. Hopefully within the next few days I'll get some more herb...

By the way, welcome to the 'PD family' all who have recently joined.... I guarantee this thing will grow, and grow on you. :D

Tom,
Good news all around. That's so great how this vaporizer is like 'hotcakes'. I think it's all that love you put into it, it's starting to rub off. :)

Have a good night all. I'm expecting -20f with windchill tomorrow.... :(

At least I know what will keep me warm when I'm off work, a good book, hot cocoa and my Purple-Days.

SpiralArchitect,

max

Out to lunch
stickstones said:
One tube and I am totally fucked up...
Stretching your herb already sticks? ;)
and I get why you need the bag. Started to blow that shit onto a piece of paper and just about got it everywhere! There was very little used.
I use a pill bottle with a 'press on' cap (not child resistant). I hold the bottle in one hand, flip the top up (but not off) with my thumb, blow the spent herb against the side of the bottle at a slight downward angle, then press the top back on with my thumb. Easier for me than the bag. I love the ease of use.

Steve had some Tas Blackwood and some Tea Tree and I bought all that he had that was a size I could use. That's the good part, the bad is that he says he no longer has a supplier of that wood from Australia. So looks like there will be a few more of each of those and that's all...
Looks like these go in the 'limited edition' catagory. Get 'em while you can.

max,

Purple-Days

Keep Calm, I'm not sure what he uses but I will find out. He runs a commercial business and his bowls are intended for the table (and altar, sacrament plates etc...) . I'll ask... :)

Yeah Max, I thought he was getting a new supply in January, but when that fell through I figured I better scoop it all up. I know they are the right density and folks seem to like the variety.

Purple-Days,

SHED7

i wondering if im using paypal and i order this vape what will be on the credit card bill and what will the package say?

SHED7,

instant ari

i ABSOLUTELY LOVED the vaper!! HANDS DOWN - BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!
Thanks for an EXCELLENT invention!
instantari
:2c:

instant ari,
Top Bottom