Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Reverend

thanks for the welcome.

I went with the Original American Cherry, and got it right from www.purple-days.com ( figured I should go to the source )

I?m just glad I did all the research I did before buying! I had looked a couple vapes at retail locations that looked good to me, and seemed to have nice features ? but after reading some reviews, I was turned off by most of them; either too complex, lacking quality, reliability, customer service, or just too darn expensive for me right now.

I basically wanted something simple to use, at least semi portable, and durable (not that I expect to be knocking it around or anything, but I wanted something I would not have to replace anytime in the near future).

So, from all the positive reviews I have read I tend to think I made a good decision :)

Anyhoo ? can?t wait to get it and enter the world of vaporizers :cool:

Reverend,

Purple-Days

Welcome to the PD Family, Reverand and GSH.

Yeah, Nate over at VapeNow will be the only other source for PDs, in the future that I see. He's a good guy, and we like doing business with him. As stated any questions just drop a line to us.

Spiral, we are down to Cherry only, right now. It is ideal for our purposes, Maybe after the New Year we will be looking to stock some more exotics and try out a couple of domestics too, like Ash and Oak. But don't count on it. These LEDs are gonna cost us dearly, plus Max's Pyinma . . . I'm not in the gambling mood at the moment. :/

Purple-Days,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Hello everyone!!!

Wow, I leave for a few weeks, and the community is twice as big as before. Both the website, and the PD thread! Welcome to all the new PD owners! I see there is a new design as well! I like my original PD, but I can definetly appricieate the need to keep unit cost/repairs/manufacturing to a minimum. I'd hate to see the unit price go up because of a plethera of LED repairs. I have a light Tom has named a "spooky LED". I like it...it starts out almost non-existant, and then it come to full brightness after a few minutes. Tom has been nice enought o offer to fix this meaningless asthetic, but I like the warm-up time required for the light as well. Seems to keep everything on a nice & slow pace for my vapeing experiance. I'm a meandering, lumbering soul my self, and I enjoy the routine.

I'm going to make a fun add-on for the PD...I have many unused glass spice jars I use for vapables storage with metal lids (can get them at any grocery store). I'm taking some really thin aquarium air hose line about 14 inches long (1/8 or 1/16 ID???), and cutting a 6 inch peice, and a 8 inch peice (whats left duh). The 6 inch peice of tube I'll push into the end of the PD stem or tube (some tapering will help with a knife to the end of the aquarim tubeing). Then I drill two holes side by side (simular in diameter to the hose) in the metal cap of the spice jar. Fill the spice jar with water 2/3 of the way full. Shove the hose into the jar, and submerse it into water. Then take the other 8 inch peice of tubing, and only push it in a 1/4 of an inch in empty hole in the cap. Now draw, and watch the vapor. I think this should work, and I'll put up some pics later tonight if I get the time to work on it.

Glad to be back,

DD

DigitalDavinci,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hey DD! We missed ya!

Please do share some pics of your contraption, sounds awesome. :D

A virtual PD cheers (can't wait to do that in real life) to you!

Edit: something like this? pv never did post any pics if he made it, hope he gets a new computer soon. :)

vtac,

GSH

On a Möbius plane
Thanks for the comments Tom!

I am so glad to be joining this PD family!

:D

GSH,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Well the idea will work, but I tried to get all fancy last night. I wanted longer tubes to give me more of a relaxed position while hitting my beloved PD, and well the hose was just too long. Just not functional at that length, so I'll take a shot at again tonight or tomorrow night. I'll keep you all posted

DD

DigitalDavinci,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
So the standard aquarium line is the stuff. I placed a tube about 6 - 8 inches into the stem of the PD, and got good restults. Taht will be the longest I make the tubes. I hope the air passage way isn't just too long for the amount of air to vapor ratio the PD makes??? who knows The tube just slides in with a bit of wiggling. Now just to get home to my spice jar and some ice. cool PD vapor here I come!!!

DigitalDavinci,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
/\
Wazup DD. Nice of you to stop by. Where is PV? I miss reading you two post, you both have a vibe I like. :D

Let us know how that works our... I'm actually half way through making a, well, 'experiment' of my own, using a different vape, more on that another time. I'll just say it rhymes with 'kapor kookah'. ;) :brow:

So do you guys think the stems still produce vapor even after you've taken it out of the 'stem holder'?

I've been sitting here, vaping a bit of this hash and experimenting... every time I continue to inhale after I've removed the stem from the PD the hits are much more visible and larger. The metal walls of the stem are extremely hot, so I dunno, what do you think, is it still producing vapor in those last few seconds? Maybe it's in my head? What do you think?

SpiralArchitect,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i have only been really using one of the stems lately, and ive seen something that concerns me
the plastic around the stainless steel is starting to skorch and turn brown, im sure this isnt resin, as its on the outside of the vaporpath

is this normal or should i be concerned? i could post pics if my description isnt clear enough

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Purple-Days

Yes the walls are at the same temp as the heat exchanger for a very short time after removing it from tje heat source.

AofZ, it is not scorching. That is high temp PP #5, Funny :/

Purple-Days,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
i have only been really using one of the stems lately, and ive seen something that concerns me
the plastic around the stainless steel is starting to skorch and turn brown, im sure this isnt resin, as its on the outside of the vaporpath

is this normal or should i be concerned? i could post pics if my description isnt clear enough
i would take this up with tom privately...also with some pics of the said brown stain.

as for me my stems NEVER get any where close to looking burnt/used looking(I love 99% iso. alc. water-bottle baths!)

Hennessy1414,

Purple-Days

Using ISO repeatedly will darken the alcohol and this can get arounf the vapor tip under the PP #5 that is a friction fit and not water tight. No glue or other adhesives are used there. I deform the circumfrence of the steel slightly to make a 9/32" tube fit tight, they are mated and driven home with a wooden mallet.

Even left in the PD for prolonged periods has caused no reported problems, but we would be glad to look at you vapor stem and resolve the issue/

Purple-Days,

bongoman

Acolyte, IIRC you have been using other ethnobotanicals in your PD - could that be discoloring the stem I wonder?

bongoman,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
bongoman said:
Acolyte, IIRC you have been using other ethnobotanicals in your PD - could that be discoloring the stem I wonder?
shouldn't...this isnt FOR weed and weed only ya kno :brow:
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
im sure this isnt resin, as its on the outside of the vaporpath
oh yeah that to!

Hennessy1414,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Nah , I don't think AoZ has tried any ethnos in the PD..... although I got a shit ton that I just remembered I have..... I might try it some rainy day, if so I'll let everyone know, of course. :)

But about that discoloration, I think Tom is exactly right (well, shit, seems like he always is, :lol: ). I soak my tubes sometimes overnight and when I clean them in the morning, well, take them out of the purple bottle, it's kind of brown.... when I rinse them with hot water thoroughly it ends up being as clean as new.

I've actually been using a shotglass to soak all of my tubes in at once on occasion (after a long night and they are all clogged from hash/kief). 4 of them fit perfect in their, so that just right up to the plastic is submerged in alcohol. Looks like some crazy sculpture....

SpiralArchitect,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
bongoman said:
no, finances are tight, i can only afford weed :lol::cool:
i have been tempted to order 18" of trichocereus bridgesii however :ninja:

now i have to put myself through the hassle of taking pictures from my dinosaur of a digicam :rofl:
ill send you those pics tomorrow tom, im a little too vaked atm... ;)

Acolyte of Zinglon,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
I've left a stem in overnight with the PD on (oops :ko:) with no discoloration, smell, or anything else weird. Maybe you have dirty fingers haha!

KeepCalm,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Well You can also remember if you dont rinse well, things can and will bake into the plastic. Working in high end restraunts for years, I've seen alot of brand new cutting boards (made of the same stuff) become permently discolored because someone placed a freshly roasted pepper, and the red acids/oils stained it permently. Try to soak in ISO, and then soak in hot water for 15 min. My routine is to put the stem I used all day in the ISO in the morning as I get ready for work, fill up the sink with hot water, and let the stem that has been soaking all night in ISO soak in the water while I take a shower. I constantly do this everyday. No prolems here.

As for my vapor chiller...SUCCESS!!!! I was able to create a nice and clean model brand new in about 5 minutes! Unfortunately my wall adaptor took a dump last night, so I have to go to Radio Shack tonight and pick up another. I only got one session, so no pics today. I'll take some pics tonight and post them. It works GREAT! I started this experiment because I have a sore throat, and now I can enjoy my vapor as cool as ice. No adhesives either! Just glass, tubes, lid, and PD. I can't wait to show you guys later. I think you'll like it. I sure did the one time.

DD

Nice to be back here at FC. Feels like home again...not to sound too corny. Spiral...Your right man. PV had those computer problems, and then poof. He tried for a while, but I guess he gave up trying to come and visit. Now no Cannabudz, and no PV. DAMNIT!

*edit*

I forgot...yes SA I think you can still be vaporizing a bit after you remove the stem of the PD. Especially if the bud is very resinous. When I cook a bowl, and then place the new bud directly back into the stem, then I can see it expand. That means to reason that the bud is cooking at a lower temp. Probally just getting it drier to perpare the hit, which is better anyways. IMO of course

DigitalDavinci,

Purple-Days

Hey, DD what happened with the wall supply? Broken cord or plug? If it's the plug that got whacked, you can pick up the raw plug end at RS and just replace it. I think a two pack is $3. You would have to do a little soldering and it may be more convenient to just grab a whole new supply.

Purple-Days,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Unfortuantely it was the part that plugs into the wall. I droped it pretty hard the other day when I was carrying too much stuff. The "box" had a rattle in it. Funny thing...the light works right from the start now. Maybe my LED issue was the wall adaptor. I'll miss the purple light warming up as I did. LOL

All is good man...it was my bad, and wouldn't you know it. Your unit works perfectly, but the one part that is from China fails (the adaptor). LOL

On a side note...I wish America could produce decent electronics without having to hire low budget employees to make it reasonalbe. It is America's inflation that keeps us from makeing our own stuff. If we didn't need to be paid so much because of inflation caused by the big whigs of then business world, then the companies wouldn't need to charge so much. Things would be cheaper, and jobs would stay in the US. Sorry for the mini-rant, but if Obama wants to know what he can do to help fight unemployment...there is a start.

Kind of like how the gas prices have dropped by 3.50 in my area. I pretty sure some govenment entity said..."Our economy is in the pooper, and your gas prices are not helping. Either drasticall reduce the price of gas, or we'll start investigating in areas you don't want us investigating in." Besides...with the new found interest in hybrids/electric/hydrogen cars, the oil alliances are not as strong as they use to be. A new cash cow is on the horizon for the fat cats in washington. Non-Oil Energy

DD

DigitalDavinci,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
DigitalDavinci said:
Besides...with the new found interest in hybrids/electric/hydrogen cars, the oil alliances are not as strong as they use to be. A new cash cow is on the horizon for the fat cats in washington. Non-Oil Energy

DD
its about time! let them make trillions while they hopefully produce a greener earth.

So it snowed s shit load here(finally!) and I packed my Roor steam-roller with a lil bit of snow(I packed it to the side of the walls inside the tube so the vapor didnt have to force thru anything possibly losing flavor/potency :2c: ) it was a cool rush of the shit I love! nice n' roasty :ko: (i hook up my pd to my 18.8 extreme vaporizer attachment and some silicone tubing)

Edit: for some reason i buzz buttered the inner wood (near the metal heater sticking out) on my unit a week ago. it really finished it off nicley. no burns on the wood or an altered taste. possibly more of a honey /sauna taste...but probably just a placebo. :ko:

PD on
:peace:

Hennessy1414,

CapnVape

Hey everybody,
I'm new here. I've been vaping for about three years now and I am obsessed with vaporizers. This "Purple Days" product must be awesome if so many SSV owners think it's the *#$%. I don't know how I missed out on this product for so long:(. Oh well, I guess I'll have to order one next friday(payday hehe) and then maybe I can be a member of the SSV/PD club. :D.
Seems like the owners of the company have become legendary here for their customer service. I can't wait to put in my order just so I get to meet these wonderful people I've read about here.

Peace

CapnVape,

CapnVape

bongoman said:
I am obsessed with vaporizers
You've come to the right place then...welcome.
It certainly seems that way Bongoman. I don't know how I missed out on this site or the purple days for so long, I'm always looking on the web for new vapes and vaping info.

Peace

CapnVape,
Top Bottom