Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
haha, I hope your joking max.....

Damn, a design change.... yeah, I'm pretty anxious too to hear about it. I've kinda been thinking I want a 2nd unit for on the road and in the living room now. We'll see..... :p

Yeah, Tom, just let me know if thats the 'right stuff' or not....

and vtac, at about that point is where I clean my screens. :2c: :) Nice macros btw. Must have a nice camera.

oh yeah, bongoman, I'm with you, I take as long a draw as I possibly can. I do let it sit on the heat exchanger for a second or two as I empty out my lungs.

edit///

You may have read I used the same iso in my cleaning bottle ever since I got my PD (a few months ago?) well, it seemed to be losing it's 'cleaning magic', so I decided to pour it out into a small glass pan. Before doing that though, I poured it into my vapor warez glass wand, and shook it up... figured I may as well give that a clean too, it did the job, got most of the 'goodies', so I poured it out and let it sit overnight. I've never seen wandhash this good. It's basically just a bunch of kiefy black oil! I put a little bit in the PD and vaped it and I took about 3 hits and I am way chonged right now. Almost feel like going back to sleep but food sounds more appealing. :lol:

double edit///

\/
No problemo Tom. :) I'm actually looking around for some more flavors, if this is the right stuff, it's very cheap -- I could have a new scent for my house/room each day of the week!!!! :)

SpiralArchitect,

Purple-Days

I'll take a stab at that bongoman, I have only seen the guts of an Aromazap and he said to me, that he reverse engineered from two Eterra's.

The A-zaps Heat exchanger (and I assume the Eterra's) had a very simple geometry. Once the heat was drawn from that minimal surface area you were out of the vapor zone until stored heat re-surfaced from within the mass.

That's one of the main issues I addressed with the modern stainless heat exchanger design. 60 fins means way more radiating area to sustain a much longer draw and still be well within the vapor zone. :cool:

Spiral Pammy's been a little busy and says she will get with you tonight. :uhoh:

Purple-Days,

bongoman

Thanks Tom - I realise now why the Eterra instructions are as they are. I like to think that I've got a pretty good lung capacity and can take very long, slow draws on the PD and have never felt I'm going out of the vapor zone.

bongoman,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
For the record, I must be at 100+ bowls for all of my stems now and none of them are even remotely close to being clogged. I only vape high grade medicine and always blow it clean afterwards. Do you get clogged screen by leaving your herb in the stem over night? Sometime after a long session, I will just take a hit with the stem and no herb and then blow out again. Seems to keep it pretty clean. Just my luck, I'll get clogged screen tonite...lol

stonemonkey55,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Long slow continuous draws - thats me. I can take much longer drags now too thanks to vapping and increased lung capacity :brow:

vaporcloud,

Pammy-Days

Lovely Assistant

Hi Vitac, Max, Spiral, Digital Davinci, Hennessey1414, Acolyte, Vaporcloud and anyone else I forgot.

Are the 'fragrance' oils offered by the Scent Wizard the same kind of stuff as the 'essential oils'?
Simple answer, No. Long answer...

http://www.escential.net/

Essential oils are distilled from plant leaves, flowers, roots, seeds, barks, and resins, or are expressed from the rinds of citrus fruits. It generally takes at least 50 pounds of plant material to make one pound of essential oil. For example, a pound of rosemary oil takes sixty-six pounds of herb, but the ratio is sometimes astonishing. It takes 2,300 pounds of rose flowers to make a single pound of oil!

http://www.thescentwizard.com/

These Oils are also known as:
Burning Oil Incense Oil Diffuser Oil
Scented Home Oil Scented Fragrance Oil Candle Fragrance
Aroma Oil Home Fragrance Oil Potpourri Oil
Candle Oil Designer Fragrance Oil
Scented Candle Oil
They don't add any alcohol to their oils.

Pammy-Days,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
long slow draws will make me cough :ninja:
it seems, while vapor is easier healthwise on the lungs, i cant hold it as well as i could with smoke, maybe it cause im new to vaping, or i just didnt smoke enough to turn my lungs to leather before i got a vape :lol:

Acolyte of Zinglon,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Thanks Pammy, really appreciate you stopping by for that, some interesting stuff their... looks like I got more shopping to do, I want 'the stuff', like what was included with the PD. I'm almost out! :uhoh:

SpiralArchitect,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
oh i didnt see your post pammy
the other day i had the impulse to rub a couple drops of the violet oil onto the unit
it smells real good now :D

edit: i keep going between mouthbonging and tubing, sometimes i do both, sometimes i switch methods between bowls

Acolyte of Zinglon,

smokeymcp0t408

Hi all, I just got my PD over the weekend and am loving it so far. This forum helped to sell me on this vape. I've also been a Volcano owner for about 4 years now and am a big fan of both. I do have a question though, how do you get hits like vaporcloud08's youtube video of the PD? I puff until i see vapors and then start inhaling very slowly, but I never get end results like those. Any special techniques y'all recommend?

smokeymcp0t408,

bongoman

Hey smokey

Welcome to the PD club - I think vaporcloud's video had optimal lighting for showing vapor. He was blowing clouds that might otherwise be invisible a lot of the time.

bongoman,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
bongoman said:
Hey smokey

Welcome to the PD club - I think vaporcloud's video had optimal lighting for showing vapor. He was blowing clouds that might otherwise be invisible a lot of the time.
no......he has had his unit for months...you will get to kno how to hit it as good as you can...soon

practice practice makes perfect

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
What do you mean "no......"? Lighting is a huge factor if not the biggest, vc himself pointed that out when he posted the video.

Hey there, smokeymcp0t408. Nice to see the Volcano and PD can get along. I was beginning to think that Volcano owners couldn't appreciate any other vape. Just kidding. :D The best lighting to see exhaled vapor in is sunlight streaming through an otherwise unlit room like in vaporcloud's video. People have posted usage tips in this thread, but really you just have to experiment and find what works for you. Have fun. :)

vtac,

Purple-Days

Welcome to the PD Family smokeymcp0t408.
a few practice sessions help, but light is the key factor in seeing vapor clouds like that. :2c:

UrutuBsb, hash busted up and mixed with herb works good, but pure hash would clog up the screen quickly.

Purple-Days,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
UrutuBsb,

I picked up some hash this weekend and have been using it rather successfully in the PD. Tom makes a good point about using just hash though, it does clog up the screen very quickly, I learned that last night, (going a little overboard :brow: )... it doesn't evaporate all of the hash, but most of the 'good stuff' anyway. The hash I have no isn't particularly the best, but it is rather nice --- it gives a very powerful taste and body high.

Is their an ETA on your PD's arrival UrutuBsb? :)

smokeymcp0t408
If you have a high intensity light, try vaping near that. Blow your hits into the light. I have a powerful desk lamp I use and a 10,000 Lux one for my morning vaping (works the best). It really surprises you how big of hits your actually getting when you look at them under the light. Often times the hits are so big they are readily seen under most natural lighting, it just takes a lot of technique and practice to get that far (I'm still mastering it myself).

Happy vaping!

SpiralArchitect,

UrutuBsb

Maconheiro
SpiralArchitect said:
UrutuBsb,

Is their an ETA on your PD's arrival UrutuBsb? :)

Pammy posted it on 17/11, but cannot give me a code of the postage to track the order movements.
I dont know the shipping time to arrive my city (bad english here...).
Last purchase I took, from California, took two week to the product to arrive in my city, but, due a strike of the customs employees at that time, it take 2 months to liberate the product.

The customs arent on a strike these days, so think Ill have to wait one more week!:rolleyes:

UrutuBsb,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
smokeymcp0t408 said:
Hi all, I just got my PD over the weekend and am loving it so far. This forum helped to sell me on this vape. I've also been a Volcano owner for about 4 years now and am a big fan of both. I do have a question though, how do you get hits like vaporcloud08's youtube video of the PD? I puff until i see vapors and then start inhaling very slowly, but I never get end results like those. Any special techniques y'all recommend?
Like everyone said, practise and finding a spot with a nice stream of sunlight or blow the vapor over a lamp or exposed indoor light. I have several favorite spots I like to use the PD that show the visible vapor real nice when I exhale. But it did take some practise to get hits that size.

But simple tips mentioned many times here:

1. Dry product (not essential but helps a lot)

2. Medium to fine grind

3. Slow draws.

Its fun to practise :D

vaporcloud,

smokeymcp0t408

Hey guys thanks for the feedback, I had figured it was just the lighting but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong. And vtac, the two work surprisingly well together. My PD duff gets collected and used again in the volcano. I think that many volcano users might get defensive about owning one b/c it is so expensive and they feel they need to defend the purchasing of one. While I wouldn't go and say the Volcano is the best vap out there, because there really is no such thing, i think . But enough about that, time to enjoy my PD. Happy vaping!

smokeymcp0t408,

P0KERF1SH

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post so please be gentle with me.

I was a Volcano and also a Vapman user. I liked the Vapman since it is basically instant and uses a very small amount. The volcano is awesome BUT a total waste of product for just me plus the warm up time is killer. I was curious what else was out there and I found the PD unit reviewed on another site. I liked it as it was very similar to a unit I used years ago like the etera but not that exact one. Anyway I took a shot and ordered one. While it was in transit I found this site and WOW now I couldn't wait for it to arrive.

Basically I love it. It uses so little product it is going to save me a fortune. Even compared to the vapman this uses less with the same or better effect. One tube and I am good to go and the unit stays ready for me whenever I want it. So I SOLD the Volcano the next day! lol. Nice work Tom and Pam!! I know I may get some flack for this but I think you should raise the price. It is quality and I personally think $150 is too little for such a gem and I want you to keep making them.

I must say that this thread has cracked me up. Let's see what we have: water pipe attachments, tubing, ice hits, bongs vape hits, longer stems, etc etc. Some ideas are funny, some practical and others just plain insane. Seriously - Why mess around at all? The unit works perfectly as created :D

Nice work and may PD be successful and profitable.

- PokerFish

P0KERF1SH,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
yeah fish...welcome to the forum and the family!

I can't officially welcome you to the PD family, so maybe soon you can welcome me.

Interesting you sold your 'cano. I was just thinking this morning how it would be cool to have both a PD, a 'cano and whatever is the baddest portable out there.

stickstones,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i think my lineup will end up being pd for alone or just enjoying the flavors and such of the herb, extreme for friends and when i want to get as fucked up as possible in a short amount of time, and vaporstar for when i dont have time to heat up one of the others or im going somewhere where electricity :cool:
direct draw, whip/bag (primarily bag and assisted whip im thinking) and quick heating/portable direct draw
that covers my bases nicely

Acolyte of Zinglon,
Top Bottom