Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Purple-Days

AofZ, you seem to enjoy the added tubing, and others have mentioned it too. It sounds like a better alternate to a longer solid tube from PP. Do you folks think I should stock that super-flex tygon, and help me with length. What works?

Purple-Days,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Tom, I use about a 6 inch tube. The link to the tubing that you had shared in an earlier post, I noticed that the highest temp you should use it for was under 200 degrees. May I recommend this one?

This one had the highest, maximum working temp (400 degrees) that I found:

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pr...USPlastic&category_name=29331&product_id=8456 http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pr...USPlastic&category_name=29331&product_id=8456

or
(chemically inert)
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pr...splastic&category_name=30156&product_id=12305

stonemonkey55,

max

Out to lunch
Purple-Days said:
Do you folks think I should stock that super-flex tygon, and help me with length. What works?
I don't. It's one thing for Vaporstore to toss in a piece of tubing with an I-inhale kit, but when a manufacturer does it, I think it has 'band-aid' or 'duct tape' implications.

stonemonkey55 said:
This one had the highest, maximum working temp (400 degrees) that I found:
Extreme overkill IMO. Try an experiment if you have a digital meat thermometer. Turn a burner on your stove to medium. After it heats up measure the temp just above the burner and then measure the temp six inches above it.

max,

Purple-Days

Max posted while I was composing and eating/ ^^^ :)

Thanks for the links StoneMonkey I previously looked at the first one.

I was just aiming to give a source for the general vapor community.

Purple-Days,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
its a good idea, but i think max is right, stocking it wouldnt look very good

you can add it as a note on one of your pages, maybe make a "tips and tricks" page, put some instructions and you can put the tubing method and even the mouth bong idea on there

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Perhaps overkill but the price differential is negligible, so I'd rather just pay a few more cents per foot and have peace of mind.

Agreed on the not including the tubing with the package, like AofZ said, just add it in the "tips" section or whatever...

stonemonkey55,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
6 inches of tubing is about the right length IMO ... and for me it is a major improvement because of the cooler vapor and for some reason its seems to give a little more control on the draw speed.

But I agree with the sentiment about having it has a mod - tips and tricks no need to supply as stock as its certainly not a necessity unlike the extra tubing required for the I-inhale.

vaporcloud,

max

Out to lunch
for some reason its seems to give a little more control on the draw speed.
Makes sense. It works that way with the Inhale. I look at it kinda like power assist on car brakes and steering.

max,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
I agree with stonemonkey, that the high temperature silicone tubing should be used. The higher the rated temperature, the lower the chance of off-gassing at lower temps.

I can understand the "band-aid" implications, but another problem is that good quality tubing gets expensive, and in my case difficult to obtain. The website referred to earlier sells in minimum 10 ft lengths. Bit of a waste if you only need 6".

hazy,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Hazy my friend, have you found a place to train in your part of the Earth? I've been stuck working long hours so haven't had the chance to workout the way I want to.

Back on topic, while you may only need 6 inches, that tubing should be replaced every couple of months or so (or longer if you like) and 10 feet should be able to last you a couple of years. I think it was just a little over $1/foot so hopefully that won't bust anyone's bank. You might be able to contact your local hardware store for smaller amounts of tubing also!

stonemonkey55,

bongoman

Here in Australia, the easiest places to obtain Tygon it seems is from computer overclocking stores - the hardcore geeks use Tygon as part of the water cooling for their overclocked CPU's.

After saying I wasn't going to get any, I purchased 1m of Tygon lab-grade tubing (3603). The lab grade meets FDA requirements and is auto-clavable so sounds llike it is sufficiently inert and safe enough to use.

Figure it's handy stuff for a vape-head to have on hand :)

bongoman,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Purple-Days said:
Spiral, we do not advise using 13V wall power. As stated the higher car voltage is offset by circulating air that keeps the temperature down a little. so you end up about even

Another point is that LEDs are coupled with a resistor that is matched to the input voltage. If the unit were intended to run on 13V all the time we would put a different resistor in. The limired amount of car adapter use at 13V isn't going to be a problem, but running the unit 24.7 at 13V would probably decrease LED lifespan.

The other problem is the wiseguy who decides to try 16 or 17 volts. 'No, Tom, nobody would do that.', you say... Sure, bet me. It has happened, and surprise...the guy told me about it...

Thanks, StoneMonkey. :cool:
ill think twice before buying the 13V then i guess :uhoh:

but your saying using a 13V in a car would just be as much vapor as a 12V :/ ?

Hennessy1414,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
And hey guys...please be more supportable towards the tubing idea! that shit is some times hard to come by and that can lead people to smoking out of inferior plastics(when they get a PD) that shit makes it taste gross! example, vinyl tubing... people can esily pick that up anywhere! enp up possibly giving the unit a bad name....adding good tubing is not a cheesy spoof its just more portable than making a really long tube. By the way i would LOVE to see an option in the store to buy a pack of three longer sized stems And as for adding the extra tubing in every package...just add it along with a note stating that some people like it more and some dont...personal preference for the user...not a "band aid" :lol:

:2c:

Hennessy1414,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I use standard old food grade tubing and do not notice any taste and it barely gets warm even where it joins the PD stem so I doubt there is anything to worry re-off gasing. I just can't find medical grade tubing in NZ anywhere. No need to stress IMO. :2c:

vaporcloud,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
vaporcloud said:
I use standard old food grade tubing and do not notice any taste and it barely gets warm even where it joins the PD stem so I doubt there is anything to worry re-off gasing. I just can't find medical grade tubing in NZ anywhere. No need to stress IMO. :2c:
some people have compared the correct tubing to using glass...im in :cool:

Hennessy1414,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
But there isn't any glass in the vapor path anyway. Its stainless and plastic so I can't see why adding high temp tubing is going to make it seem like glass. Maybe my flavour receptors are a bit stuffed but I honestly cannot taste any plastic.

They make em hard downunder :p

vaporcloud,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
vaporcloud said:
But there isn't any glass in the vapor path anyway. Its stainless and plastic so I can't see why adding high temp tubing is going to make it seem like glass. Maybe my flavour receptors are a bit stuffed but I honestly cannot taste any plastic.

They make em hard downunder :p
personal pref.

just an add on TOM NEEDS TO attribute to this godly unit! :D

Hennessy1414,

max

Out to lunch
I agree with stonemonkey, that the high temperature silicone tubing should be used. The higher the rated temperature, the lower the chance of off-gassing at lower temps.
The vast majority of supplied tubing is just food grade. And I believe a 400 F working temp is almost twice as high as the polypropylene rod stock used for the tube.

Perhaps overkill but the price differential is negligible, so I'd rather just pay a few more cents per foot and have peace of mind.
I don't know what you're comparing it to, but for a size that fits the PD (3/8"ID, 1/2"OD), the price is $3.06/ft.,(while food grade is $1.37/ft. and Lab tubing is $1.52). The next smaller size, at $2.74/ft. may fit the tube but it would be a tight fit. I didn't find any slicone tubing that's slightly less than the sanitary. The inert tubing only has a 1/32" wall thickness, but I guess it would work. That's a better price at $2.32/ft.

some people have compared the correct tubing to using glass.
So silicone tubing attached to polypropylene = glass quality taste? :huh:

max,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
[quote max]So silicone tubing attached to polypropylene = glass quality taste? :huh:
i have head that and agree..its a close customer...

Hennessy1414,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
stonemonkey said that he hasnt noticed much difference between the pd and his vriptech gear, and he probably has the most sensitive pallete here
(please correct me if my memory is failing me, i wouldnt want to put words in your mouth sm)

Acolyte of Zinglon,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Thanks for your input on the past page Tom. I don't think I'm gonna bother searching with a 13v adapter, unless one finds me... I actually have a wall plug car adapter thing that I have in the garage I might play with if I ever feel like it. :)

My opinion on the tubing is it's unnecessary. To be honest, I'd much rather just prefer a slightly longer tube given the option. I think the 'wands' are perfect as it is however... feels like a cigarette (I dont smoke, never have) in my hand, perfect size and a comfortable design.

edit/// Oh yes, so I own and use one of those 'happy lamps', you know, that like a mini-sun on your desk... since we don't get any sunlight here in the winter, it's almost essential for me to keep my sanity. :p

Well, this one is 10,00 Lux and I was vaping a PD bowl this morning before heading off to work and I blew it into the light.... was soooo crazy how well I could see it! I have it flipped on right now and am having a fun time watching the clouds. Give it a shot if you got one.

SpiralArchitect,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
SpiralArchitect said:
Oh yes, so I own and use one of those 'happy lamps', you know, that like a mini-sun on your desk... since we don't get any sunlight here in the winter, it's almost essential for me to keep my sanity. :p
get a nice size gro going and you will be dreaming sunny days every day :D

seriously you play god and get good smoke :brow:

Hennessy1414,

bongoman

Growing your own is indeed a wonderful thing. And if your daily driver is a PD, you don't actually need to be growing large crops to keep yourself going. A couple of ounces goes a long way in a PD.

bongoman,
Top Bottom