Puffco Proxy

Petetbay

I don’t even have a Proxy, but have picked up some of Sneaky Pete’s Proxy glassware which is not what I would call thick glass, but for sure not thin and prices are quite low especially when on sale. The Proxy herb bowl fits perfectly in my hash kettle glassware so I’m using the Proxy glass as hash kettles as well with some modification. I use his Canadian store, but the Proxy glass is available in the US store.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I've really been thinking about pulling the trigger on this one.

I do love my AVS M22 when paired with a bottomless banger, however, dry it's too hot with the short vapor path.

I'm yet to find a portable experience for concentrates (primarily rosin), that compares to a good desktop e-nail setup, apart from the M22 (I stay away from DT products due to a bad experience with the vendor though so haven't tried the DTv5)

This one though looks like it might be a contender to compete with a desktop setup. @invertedisdead (and others), how do you feel it compares? I feel it might even have the edge on flavour but how is it for efficiency as well? and maintenance? (honestly, looks like this one might check off all the boxes including easy to clean/maintain!)

Thanks!

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep

I do love my AVS M22 when paired with a bottomless banger, however, dry it's too hot with the short vapor path.

I'm yet to find a portable experience for concentrates (primarily rosin), that compares to a good desktop e-nail setup, apart from the M22 (I stay away from DT products due to a bad experience with the vendor though so haven't tried the DTv5)

This one though looks like it might be a contender to compete with a desktop setup. @invertedisdead (and others), how do you feel it compares? I feel it might even have the edge on flavour but how is it for efficiency as well? and maintenance? (honestly, looks like this one might check off all the boxes including easy to clean/maintain!)

Thanks!
Sounds like the proxy will do the trick for you IMO, I find the airflow on the proxy allows for what to me equates to a perfectly temped banger dab if you throw a pearl in there, and its very nice dry through the sherlock but even better through a piece as I pictured. You wont want to rip it like a banger, just a little easier on the draw but the result are perfectly terpy clouds. For reference I also have a DTV5, that does rip as well but less portable and discreet imo, no one has ever looked twice when I am hitting the sherlock in public.

maintainence is a breeze, very easy and simple to clean. Take out atomizer and completely dunk in iso, wipe the battery down with an ISO q tip and you are set. I am now on 6 months with no issues, I clean weekly.

Only downside for me is battery life, I only get 8-10 rosin dabs at 520° and 545° and I only get 5-6 BHO dabs at 560° and 600°.

But on the flipside, the device charges within 45 minutes to full on a good USB-C charger.

The proxy does have "pass through" charging, which isn't actually pass through, I would not recommend using it. Device stops charging even when plugged in while the atomizer is hot.

Happy to answer any Q's

hashrosin.png

img.png

Last edited:

florduh

Thanks @Vapetothegrave for the detailed response :) Think I might pull the trigger on one of these today.

I own the v5 and more than one M22. For dry dabs, the Proxy is superior to both.

I do miss how fast the M22 heats up. However the ESCC is a massive heater. Every part of it gets hot. That heat has to go somewhere, and if you're using it in wax pen mode, that heat is being shot directly into your mouth.

I find Proxy hits to be much more comfortable. A lot of this comes down to the pipe form factor. Radiant heat from the crucible rises up to the top cap instead of into the stem.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Thanks!

As a sum of all parts kind of thing it just works well and is satisfying and pretty foolproof; and also just fun to use.

It's a lot easier to clean than a banger IMHO. The dish is small so the efficiency is good, I would say it's a bit more session oriented so if you like to one hit a dab it might not be the best for that as the temperatures are a bit conservative which is what I think keeps the dish clean.

Much prefer it dry over other LAYG's which I find too harsh.

Cleaning is easy, the pipe body you just ISO soak, which you can do with the heater assembly as well.
Then you just need to use an alcohol dipped qtip to swab the silicone base and vapor pathway. There's an isolated slot where the vapor passes through the base which is also cleaned with a damp swab.

Cheers! :wave:

JCat

Accessory Maker
Never been a big dab guy but the proxy has been a winner for me. I enjoy the flexibility of the proxy. Bought the 90°proxy adapter from Sneaky Pete. Nice to use on different rigs.
I was thinking about the 90deg adapter over the bottom/straight mount one as well, as was thinking the vapor hole would line up pretty close and would reduce the vapor travelling over the silicone base some. Might keep it a little bit cleaner??? The only thing is I was wondering about balance a little, but figure can't be much worse then a banger with a coil.

JCat,

JCat

Accessory Maker
If you haven’t already, take a look at the Evolv Cricket, thread. Ticks a lot of boxes for me.
The Cricket didn't really catch my interest ... I followed the thread initially a bit, but I have a feeling the short vapor path would bother me, or is there something fancy going on in the mouthpiece where it has a complex pathway and significantly cools the vapor before it gets to you? (which would worry me from a flavour perspective looking at the materials for the Cricket, vs the largely glass pathway for cooling on the proxy. These are my thoughts anyways, but haven't tried either device yet so may very well be wrong)

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
or is there something fancy going on in the mouthpiece where it has a complex pathway and significantly cools the vapor before it gets to you?

That’s the science they claim. Seems to work in my opinion, vapor is not hot, and tasty, especially at lower temperatures. I have no issues with the titanium of the heater/tub, also only $20 to replace, but I don’t know if that would ever be needed?

SquirrelMaster

My Proxy came in tonight and I think she's D.O.A. I plugged it into a charger that had just been charging my phone and there are zero lights coming on. That doesn't sound normal from what I can tell right?

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: JCat

JCat

Accessory Maker
My Proxy came in tonight and I think she's D.O.A. I plugged it into a charger that had just been charging my phone and there are zero lights coming on. That doesn't sound normal from what I can tell right?
Might come fully charged.

Here's a quote from the Sneaky Pete review: "When it is at full charge, the light will go off completely to indicate that"

According to the user manual "Triple clicking can show the battery percentage" so if you do so and it shows green, I'd try just using it and see if it lights up after a session.

SquirrelMaster

Might come fully charged.

Here's a quote from the Sneaky Pete review: "When it is at full charge, the light will go off completely to indicate that"

According to the user manual "Triple clicking can show the battery percentage" so if you do so and it shows green, I'd try just using it and see if it lights up after a session.
I was wondering that too but there no lights coming on with button presses. 3 second hold or 3 consecutive presses. I'm going to leave it plugged in for a bit just in case but otherwise I'll contact City Vaporizer in the morning.

SquirrelMaster

No change leaving the Proxy plugged in all night.

City Vaporizer says that according to their company policy I need to go through the RMA process but that they'll send everything off on my behalf. I sent them a video showing the issue and my serial number which they'll send to Puffco. Once it is approved, City will ship me another Proxy. My hope is that there's at least stock in Canada so I'm not waiting another 2 weeks.

Clapped_r6

Mine wouldn't power up at first. Did you take the atomizer out, wipe the contacts with some alcohol?
I had to clean and reseat mine, perfect ever since

Clapped_r6,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Someone needs to do a better job with those water pipe adapters.... the stock 14mm joint being used has that thin neck there that could do with being thicker glass....

SquirrelMaster

Mine wouldn't power up at first. Did you take the atomizer out, wipe the contacts with some alcohol?
I had to clean and reseat mine, perfect ever since
I did take out the atomizer 3 or 4 times and the contacts looked ok. I'll try an alcohol wipe for good measure when I get home. Does the atomizer need to be installed for the Proxy to light up? I was wondering that as I played around with it yesterday.

SquirrelMaster,

SquirrelMaster

Here's the link for the Desert edition. Same specs and price, just a different color option. Always good to have options, though I prefer the black myself.

Top Bottom