Puffco Proxy

Texus

The decision not to heat the entire cup on these attys makes no sense to me. Roger says they didn't want the oil cooking during the heat up. But only heated sides means slower heat ups. That means more time for terps to degrade.
Compared to my other dab rig options I am not noticing any appreciable degradation of terps with the Proxy tho.

Oil420FL

The decision not to heat the entire cup on these attys makes no sense to me. Roger says they didn't want the oil cooking during the heat up. But only heated sides means slower heat ups. That means more time for terps to degrade.
Yes and the examples of product overflow outside the bowl suggest that you have to hit it with Really Slow Sips for the sides to be able to fully vaporize the product as the air moves it up from the bottom.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
afcc3266-383e-4159-a971-3af05dbb2c81.jpeg

florduh

Any FC members with Proxies having atomizer trouble yet? Wondering how long you can get out of a $60 atty.

florduh,

florduh

I just did my first deep clean the other day. All good so far!

It's pretty fun to use, I barely use my rig since getting it.

Wow! That's high praise. I think I'm finally breaking down. I like dry dabs and this is really the only well thought out dry dab device on the market. Plus, every person I've seen who doesn't like it takes individual dabs that are bigger than my daily allotment.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Wow! That's high praise. I think I'm finally breaking down. I like dry dabs and this is really the only well thought out dry dab device on the market. Plus, every person I've seen who doesn't like it takes individual dabs that are bigger than my daily allotment.

Yeah if you do huge globs it’s definitely not ideal for that but I actually was convinced to get one by some hash heads praising it who do take pretty fat dabs. I’m not saying it’s totally a rig “killer“ per say, in some regards it’s almost the opposite of a rig and that might be what I (and others) like about it. It’s so easy to use and kind of low key that it’s been winning the reach test. I like to take it out on the balcony and do a chill dab sesh. It’s kinda like the Bowle in that regard, but easier to use since you don’t need convection length inhales.

The main thing I like about it is how easy it is to keep clean. The temp settings are dialed in enough so that nothing really burns on in the bowl. It’s much easier to keep clean than a banger and the small-ish dish size helps a lot with that. I only dab hash rosin in it and it still looks brand new inside the bowl. Some residue on the external of the bowl where the vapor exits the main chamber that I haven’t quite dug into cleaning yet, but it looks like the whole bowl comes out. I need to double check that. The dry design helps minimize reclaim and overall I find it efficient and easy to care for. Like how everything is self contained, holding the pipe in one hand, I can flick the carb cap open with that thumb to check if there’s any hits left, then just double click to boost back to temp, all with one hand.

Battery life is definitely the weak link as to be expected, but it recharges pretty quickly - again kinda like the Bowle in that regard.

It was a challenge to choose it over the Peak Pro considering how close they are in price; but a bunch of videos I watched of people with both kept saying they kind of preferred the proxy, which piqued my curiosity pretty good.

I might try and make something for it, maybe a custom glass piece or pipe body.

mistressofvape

So interesting. I just got the Peak Pro in their Black Friday sale but I was unaware of the Proxy at the time. Now I'm wondering if that's what I would have preferred, as it's mainly for travel/quick dab seshes. I have an enail for home use most of the time. But, I have throat irritation issues and water cooling helps them a lot. Dry dabs are not my friend.

florduh

Yeah if you do huge globs it’s definitely not ideal for that but I actually was convinced to get one by some hash heads praising it who do take pretty fat dabs. I’m not saying it’s totally a rig “killer“ per say, in some regards it’s almost the opposite of a rig and that might be what I (and others) like about it. It’s so easy to use and kind of low key that it’s been winning the reach test. I like to take it out on the balcony and do a chill dab sesh. It’s kinda like the Bowle in that regard, but easier to use since you don’t need convection length inhales.

The main thing I like about it is how easy it is to keep clean. The temp settings are dialed in enough so that nothing really burns on in the bowl. It’s much easier to keep clean than a banger and the small-ish dish size helps a lot with that. I only dab hash rosin in it and it still looks brand new inside the bowl. Some residue on the external of the bowl where the vapor exits the main chamber that I haven’t quite dug into cleaning yet, but it looks like the whole bowl comes out. I need to double check that. The dry design helps minimize reclaim and overall I find it efficient and easy to care for. Like how everything is self contained, holding the pipe in one hand, I can flick the carb cap open with that thumb to check if there’s any hits left, then just double click to boost back to temp, all with one hand.

Battery life is definitely the weak link as to be expected, but it recharges pretty quickly - again kinda like the Bowle in that regard.

It was a challenge to choose it over the Peak Pro considering how close they are in price; but a bunch of videos I watched of people with both kept saying they kind of preferred the proxy, which piqued my curiosity pretty good.

I might try and make something for it, maybe a custom glass piece or pipe body.

Ok, you sold me. I'll look for the best deal this weekend.

While I'm not a glass collector and I will probably use it stock/dry most of the time, I am starting to appreciate the "proxy" abilities of The Proxy. This ad does a good job demonstrating the advantages:

Having one device for on the go and at home rig use is pretty cool. And no need to deal with 510 cables and adapters like traditional wax pen world.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So interesting. I just got the Peak Pro in their Black Friday sale but I was unaware of the Proxy at the time. Now I'm wondering if that's what I would have preferred, as it's mainly for travel/quick dab seshes. I have an enail for home use most of the time. But, I have throat irritation issues and water cooling helps them a lot. Dry dabs are not my friend.

I definitely have a sensitive throat from vaping like a steam engine and I find the proxy vapor pretty tolerable right out of the box.

Ok, you sold me. I'll look for the best deal this weekend.

While I'm not a glass collector and I will probably use it stock/dry most of the time, I am starting to appreciate the "proxy" abilities of The Proxy. This ad does a good job demonstrating the advantages:

Having one device for on the go and at home rig use is pretty cool. And no need to deal with 510 cables and adapters like traditional wax pen world.

I've been thinking about making a ceramic pipe that fits the stock case, but cools the vapor a bit more for people who are tempted by the water cooled options but want to maintain the dry simplicity. I have enough projects going right this second but I really do like the device so I'm intrigued to maybe offer something for it down the road.

I will tell you there was a bit of initial silicone flavor that had to be cooked out, but it appears to have neutralized pretty well. I think it was coming from the carb cap tether as that area can get pretty warm. I'm running a 3MM ruby pearl.

Gotta run right now but if there's anything else you wanna know about the Proxy just holler!

florduh

I've been thinking about making a ceramic pipe that fits the stock case, but cools the vapor a bit more for people who are tempted by the water cooled options but want to maintain the dry simplicity. I have enough projects going right this second but I really do like the device so I'm intrigued to maybe offer something for it down the road.

That sounds awesome! From what I can tell on sites like ZeeVapor, there's a sizeable market for aftermarket Proxy pipes. I'm a function over form guy. I haven't seen anything out there designed to offer better dry cooling. And ceramic is more durable than thin glass.

I will tell you there was a bit of initial silicone flavor that had to be cooked out, but it appears to have neutralized pretty well. I think it was coming from the carb cap tether as that area can get pretty warm. I'm running a 3MM ruby pearl.

I watched Troy's review and me mentioned the initial robot fart smell. He had a pretty positive review over all, after adding the terp pearl. Are you using the stock top cap or the ball cap?

SquirrelMaster

I am debating if I should get a Proxy, if I should wait for 420 sales, and if I should order the ball cap if I do order.

I'm have really wanted a dedicated dab device for a while, and a T-Bucket with a Sapphire dish (on my wish list for the past year) isn't in the cards anytime soon. The Peak Pro Guardian is on my radar as well but the Proxy has me really intrigued! I discovered it after some heady aftermarket sherlock pipes popped up on my feed, so it's right up my alley!

Weak points are the battery right? How would the flavor compare to my current SiC (B2) setup? City Vaporizer has a good price to Canada but no ball cap in stock.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That sounds awesome! From what I can tell on sites like ZeeVapor, there's a sizeable market for aftermarket Proxy pipes. I'm a function over form guy. I haven't seen anything out there designed to offer better dry cooling. And ceramic is more durable than thin glass.

I watched Troy's review and me mentioned the initial robot fart smell. He had a pretty positive review over all, after adding the terp pearl. Are you using the stock top cap or the ball cap?

It's on my to-do list :lol:
I'm just using the stock built in cap, I haven't changed anything at all other than adding the pearl.
You can hear it zinging around if you get the right inhale going. I find this vape works pretty equally well for MTL or DTL draws which is kind of cool.

Tried the 3mm pearl, that's the spot.
I like it better than God mode.

I would love nothing more than something more durable and / or cooler than the stock piece, but also fitting into the case.

I like to run with a 3MM pearl on green or red, sometimes I go down to blue if I want to pass it around a few times with a couple people.

Appreciate your interest, that's definitely the idea - a big thing I like about the Proxy is the easy cleaning and easy seshing by not needing a water piece, so I think it could be a cool proposition.

Just throwing this tip out there for anybody with one of these, if you pull the carb cap tether off for a deep clean, it needs to be re-seated properly with those metal grooves on the atomizer aligning into the recesses in the silicone. I didn't notice those after reassembling and the performance was off from before I cleaned it. I took the carb cap tether off and aligned everything properly and it was ripping again.

This thing has been very tempting to me as an entryway into hash rosin. I’m big on simplicity and dry use. The Bowle is a personal favorite of mine and this does seem like a similar device in a lot of ways!

Just be careful with that rosin, some folks never return to the green :lol:

SquirrelMaster

City Vaporizer has the Proxy for $216USD plus a $20 shipping fee (to Canada anyways). They charged me 5% tax so all said and done it should be $247.72USD shipped to my Canadian address. Pretty decent deal imo.

I'm trying not to get ahead of myself with the aftermarket glass options; I have a few in my mind already 😆.
Look at this beauty!

Clapped_r6

The more time I spend with this, the more I like it.
I've been helping take care of my sick mum, having to stay at her condo several days per week. I only took the Proxy and the Lightning Pen, concentrates are better for faster use etc.
I've tried all sorts of different heatups n temps etc, and have found what works good for me.
The L pen works great also, however I've been using it when the Proxy is charging.
Yes, it's not stealth, but it's pretty easy to live with

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
If/When the ceramic bowl within the chamber breaks, can you just change out the bowl or do you have to buy a whole new $60 chamber?

I ask because I currently use and enjoy the Core erig which uses a very similar ceramic bowl within its V5 unit. When the bowl breaks, you can replace it for a few dollars without needing to buy the whole V5 heater.

BabyFacedFinster,

florduh

If/When the ceramic bowl within the chamber breaks, can you just change out the bowl or do you have to buy a whole new $60 chamber?

The bowl is very similar to a v5/Core heater with a heating element built in. So you'd need to buy a new chamber. Bummer, but I haven't heard a lot of people bitching about the chambers failing often.

I ended up ordering one. The DTv5 is borderline unusable dry with the short vapor path.

Top Bottom