Puffco Proxy

florduh

Have to admit I'm mostly on Supercrush mode lately. (White + 5 Clicks)
It vacuums a dab down in one heatup with no real effort.

I mostly do micro dabs, so I've been sticking on green/red. But you inspired me to go hotter. Just White without the boost has been treating me well. At the higher temps I don't know if a pearl is necessary either.

CharmCityVapeGuy

Known to some and enigma to others
While waiting for my replacement I had come across a post (reddit iirc) mentioning a change to the gasket of the Proxy. From what a couple owners mentioned, Puffco will apparently RMA the old 2 lip design if requested because of fitment issues.

The old design comes pops out of my stock and aftermarket pipes much easier than the new design so I appreciate the update.

Holy heck. Mine is constantly popping out and it’s my main complaint.

CharmCityVapeGuy,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

CharmCityVapeGuy

The newer single lip style is a night and day difference. I can pop out the older style with minimal pressure, where as the other is much more stable. I highly recommend reaching out to Puffco.
Thanks. I already did. I got it 2nd hand. I hope that doesn’t screw me.

CharmCityVapeGuy,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Reekwind

I got the BUB from Puffco about a month ago, and I have to say it's pretty awesome - and equally pricey.

$100 seems pretty steep, and it is, unless you went into the Proxy game with the intention to throw a lot of money after add-ons.
However, this piece is extremely well-designed and a serious improvement to the vape quality compared to the stock piece.

Water filtration quality 6/10 - Not great nor bad, but I would say near optimal for a piece this size.
Glass quality 10/10 - Sturdy without being cumbersome, I don't think this can be balanced much better.
Portability 8/10 - The box it comes in is great for transporting the BUB with Proxy and 2-3 jars of extract but it's cardboard and foam, and rather square and bulky - a well-designed case would be very welcome, and I'd gladly throw another hundo after that :clap:A cap/plug set that would make it portable with water inside would be killer.
Looks 10/10 - I actually don't mind using this piece in public, it doesn't look bong-like at all. I'd like to see more compact and discreet looking glass on the market.
Cleaning 9/10 - Really easy to clean, some hard to reach places but if cleaned regularly it's sufficient to rinse well with hot water and the occasional ISO shake.
Price 4/10 - High price is expected from Puffco and for any well-designed piece, but this is over the top, $70-80 would be more reasonable. I could buy 3 Proxyclers for the price of the BUB, I would never use the Proxycler in public though.

If you only use the Proxy at home, you're way better off getting the Proxycler or an adapter and a $50 rig. It's a much better wet vaping experience than the BUB.

With this, I can bring wet dabbing with me when on the go, traveling, social gatherings, camping in the woods, and on business trips staying at dull hotels - and that's well worth $100 to me :)

You can see a review here:

Petetbay

I see a few people not liking the high cost of the Bub, there are cheaper alternatives. Not in stock at the US store right now, you could ask them when they expect a restock. Both are available now at the Canadian store.

florduh

Nope, no receipt. So I’m screwed?

Do you have any ability to get in touch with whoever sold it to you? I've helped folks I've sold vapes to with warranty issues before. If not, it might still be worth contacting Puffco. You never know.

Is Puffco making people ship their V1 units back? If not, Puffco's fear might be that people are selling off their old units and keeping the replacements.

CharmCityVapeGuy

Do you have any ability to get in touch with whoever sold it to you? I've helped folks I've sold vapes to with warranty issues before. If not, it might still be worth contacting Puffco. You never know.

Is Puffco making people ship their V1 units back? If not, Puffco's fear might be that people are selling off their old units and keeping the replacements.
Thanks. I did contact them. They are asking for the retail seller and I told them where it came from so we’ll see what happens.

florduh

Thanks. I did contact them. They are asking for the retail seller and I told them where it came from so we’ll see what happens.

I’d lightly push for a replacement regardless of what their policy is. The Proxy is a new product. The first version of it was defective. Being able to easily pop the thing into different pieces is literally what makes it a “Proxy”.

SquirrelMaster

They are not making international buyers ship them back as far as I'm aware.

If they didn't ask for a receipt yet that's probably a good sign.

SquirrelMaster,

florduh

hell yeah

Wizard-Promo-2.png

Reekwind

I recently tried soaking the Proxy chamber in ISO.

The recommended 30 minutes must be if you do it after each session, because I ended up soaking it for 3 days, and changed the ISO several times.

Most importantly, the chamber works perfectly fine afterwards, just let it dry out and then do a burn off on white mode once or twice before using the chamber again :)

RadarV00

Took over 3 weeks but I finally got The Proxy and it is EVERYTHING one needs to get started with concentrates. Am loving it!!!
Have heard that adding a terp pearl is a game changer. I went to find some pearls, but only finding 5mm. Too big for The Proxy bowl? What do you think would work? 3mm? 2mm? :sherlock:
Been on FC for several months now. . . First time posting. . . . :mmmm:

SquirrelMaster

I was trying to pull apart my original DOA Proxy and I somehow fixed it :shrug:. I have no idea what I did lol. I was trying to pull the inner portion out of the silicone sleeve (which is very secure), and it felt like something was holding it back. I pried and pried and then, while grabbing it, I held the power button and it came back to life.

I am still really enjoying this device. It's easy to clean, and tastes great. Battery life isn't the best but now that won't be an issue (not that it was before, I just charged before it died).

Last edited:

florduh

The Proxy is finally getting down to a price where I'd have no problem recommending it to any concentrate enjoyer.

I couldn’t resist the Wizard pipe, and it came in today. It rips. It also cools. I’m a fan.

FECCFD0-B-F3-E1-4113-AA63-F3376-D20-F1-AD.jpg

Does it come with any kind of case? That's like my ideal vape form factor but I feel like it would break if I look at it wrong.

buckhakeesah

MJ Arsenal just put up a flash sale, 35% off until midnight. Includes glass for the Puffco Proxy. This is the best sale this season. Will go to 30%, then 25%.
Code is MJ35.
I’m hunting down a glass piece for my proxy. Thank you! Does anyone here have experience with this proxy bubbler from MJ? Can’t decide if I should go for the mini version or regular.

Top Bottom