POTV Lobo

Petetbay

I’ve had my black one since Friday here in Canada, it’s pretty nice device, it’s not the grail and I’m still trying to figure out how it compares with other devices and its capabilities. I have tried the Fierce stem and it fits the bowl perfectly while not deep enough to enclose the whole stem bowl and does produce better flavor than the bowl load. I have to get some fresh herb and do further investigation.

budski

cantre member
I’ve had my black one since Friday here in Canada, it’s pretty nice device, it’s not the grail and I’m still trying to figure out how it compares with other devices and its capabilities. I have tried the Fierce stem and it fits the bowl perfectly while not deep enough to enclose the whole stem bowl and does produce better flavor than the bowl load. I have to get some fresh herb and do further investigation.
How's the air flow? I've been worried about those 4 tiny holes.

budski,

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Thanks for the update @Petetbay Jerry described the Lobo in several videos as being both a 'sipper' and 'ripper' convection leaning hybrid device. Did you find it to be capable of being both at different temps, say 380F and above, or is it strictly a DTL vape? Thanks for any feed back.

Have a number of glass and metal cooling stems that this is going to work perfect with.
lobo.png

budski

cantre member
so will xmax capsules work in the lobo, or are they a special size. alu or stainless? not looking forward to another 100$ in caps

budski,

Jojofernz

so will xmax capsules work in the lobo, or are they a special size. alu or stainless? not looking forward to another 100$ in caps
They look to be the same size as the HR Rogue dosing caps. Can’t say for sure til I get my unit, but I have some of those so was gonna test it when I receive and then order more!

POTV got back to me again and because of shipping delays the colored ones will ship October 9th-13th. So I still gotta wait a month but I am a sucker for green

Petetbay

How's the air flow? I've been worried about those 4 tiny holes.
The air flow is good, above the bowl it’s pretty well wide open, air flow is restricted by holes on the bottom, but is pretty open and in the beginning I found myself restricting the intake with my pinky on the bottom by accident, but I soon learned to keep it clear. It’s open enough to do a bowl quick in 3 or 4 pulls @ max temp on a j-hook(my glassware is packed away right now) so it’s good to go, never found it too restrictive.
Jerry described the Lobo in several videos as being both a 'sipper' and 'ripper' convection leaning hybrid device. Did you find it to be capable of being both at different temps, say 380F and above, or is it strictly a DTL vape?
That’s a good description it does both pretty good, thought it was good at both and remind me of my Mighty OG vapor, though when it got over 400*F I thought it was harsh and found myself changing over to the curved bubbler which surprisingly smoothed the vapor good and taste vastly improved. Need to run thru a water piece.
Have a number of glass and metal cooling stems that this is going to work perfect with.
The accessory mount is really nice though Hula stems are too loose like the Rogue and V3Pro mounts it fits the POTV glass perfectly and most my glass works good.
so will xmax capsules work in the lobo, or are they a special size. alu or stainless?
No too small, need the Lobo caps and the included one works good the one time I tried it. I was trying to find out if the Tinymight caps fit, but no answer yet as the Lobo caps aren’t available yet.
edit: “They look to be the same size as the HR Rogue dosing caps.” Rogue caps fit, but are a little loose the Lobo caps are more snug.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have tried the Fierce stem and it fits the bowl perfectly while not deep enough to enclose the whole stem bowl and does produce better flavor than the bowl load.

Awesome! But what does the bold part mean exactly? Are you saying the bowl in the stem is larger than the chamber in the unit?? We have the regular fierce stems but also those xl with larger bowl, all WPA...

The accessory mount is really nice though Hula stems are too loose like the Rogue and V3Pro mounts it fits the POTV glass perfectly and most my glass works good.

Just to be clear, so the fear systems do fit well secure in the accessory mount as you call it??

Shit Snacks,

Jojofernz

No too small, need the Lobo caps and the included one works good the one time I tried it. I was trying to find out if the Tinymight caps fit, but no answer yet as the Lobo caps aren’t available yet.
edit: “They look to be the same size as the HR Rogue dosing caps.” Rogue caps fit, but are a little loose the Lobo caps are more snug.
Ah ok! Good to know about the Rogue caps. Hopefully they sell the lobo ones soon

Jojofernz,

Petetbay

Awesome! But what does the bold part mean exactly? Are you saying the bowl in the stem is larger than the chamber in the unit?? We have the regular fierce stems but also those xl with larger bowl, all WPA...
Yes on both my 2 bent stems. I never had a Fierce just picked up the glass at a going out of business sale so didn’t know they had different bowl sizes so I guess they are the XL bowl stem. I also got a wpa which has a smaller bowl which just aligned with the top of the Lobo bowl, never looked at it before as was still in the box. Will need to try Fierce wpa. Edit: Standard bowl was better than the XL bowl stem need to play more.
Just to be clear, so the fear systems do fit well secure in the accessory mount as you call it??
Too wide to go through the accessory mount so not possible to use, I used Rogue grommet to seal with a Epic Vape glass grommet to use protect my fingers while holding in place. Fear systems?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Fear systems

Haha I meant fierce of course! Thanks dude, that's awesome and not so awesome unfortunately... Not being able to stick it in the standard sheath is pretty annoying since that is what makes the fierce such an effective system with the stems, yar

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
Would be cool if someone could make a stem that fits the Lobo oven and thin enough to to fit in the mount.

Photonic,

RxPlorer

Thanks for the update @Petetbay Jerry described the Lobo in several videos as being both a 'sipper' and 'ripper' convection leaning hybrid device. Did you find it to be capable of being both at different temps, say 380F and above, or is it strictly a DTL vape? Thanks for any feed back.

lobo.png
I'm such a sucker for that shade of blue! Doubt it will look like that IRL though

RxPlorer,

Petetbay

Hopefully they sell the lobo ones soon
They are available now in the POTV USA store and pretty cheap.

Would be cool if someone could make a stem that fits the Lobo oven and thin enough to to fit in the mount.
There are people(some here) that could make you some, but would be expensive. Cheaper solution would to drill out the accessory attachment mount when available from POTV as the One accessory attachment is $15 so a Lobo version would be about the same and is 12mm diameter opening and the Fierce stem is 12.8mm wouldn’t be hard and already contemplating such, have done this with the Roffu, but that one was more $.

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
They are available now in the POTV USA store and pretty cheap.

There are people(some here) that could make you some, but would be expensive. Cheaper solution would to drill out the accessory attachment mount when available from POTV as the One accessory attachment is $15 so a Lobo version would be about the same and is 12mm diameter opening and the Fierce stem is 12.8mm wouldn’t be hard and already contemplating such, have done this with the Roffu, but that one was more $.
Are Fierce stems readily available still? I thought they were discontinued? I figured if not available, might as well make ones that fit the stock Lobo...

Photonic,

Petetbay

Are Fierce stems readily available still? I thought they were discontinued? I figured if not available, might as well make ones that fit the stock Lobo...
Hard to find, I know a place in Canada.
Yes discontinued.
Good luck will be difficult to make one to fit the stock Lobo accessory attachment as the opening where the screen is located is narrower than the pathway for the glass accessories. There is no screen grommet like previous One, Fury 2, Fury Edge, Rogue and Fierce had and the screen now mounts in a slot on Peek plastic and an o-ring on the outside seals the bowl. This how Jerry removed silicone out of the pathway. I don’t see enough payback from using glass stem bowls for the expense and trouble, I’m looking for a simpler solutions to attain the same result without too much expense and is it really worth the trouble as I’m still not decided on the performance of the Lobo in general, it’s a nice device, but is it better than devices I already use and enjoy. I want to like it for the improved features, but I need to like how it performs to be happy with it.

Jojofernz

Would love a comparison to your current vapes after you’ve had some time with it!

Jojofernz,

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
@Jojofernz Would have to start a new thread in another section of the forum as vape comparisons are not permitted in this section. Maybe something like POTV Lobo vs HR Rogue would be a good choice. ;) Need more Lobos in the wild to have enough of a sample size to be able to make an informed decision whether the Lobo will satisfy your/our VAS. Colors still several weeks away.

NOLOGO

I'm in the same boat. The V3 pro is my go-to portable but the form factor isn't the best. The One of Lobo has a much better and more discreet form factor.
I went ahead and pre-ordered a black one. I'm tired of the v3pro sticking out of my pocket while out and about. And lately I've preferred the punch of my dynavap while out- but there's just too many things to keep track of... (2 dynavap, stashes, herb tubes, wand)
...if the lobo can hit like they say it does, then I have a win/win with this form factor and vapor punch to the head.

Anyone know when these are supposed to ship in the states? (sorry if it's already been mentioned. I did my best to search the forums, but all I see is the blue and green ones are delayed til mid october.)
tia!

Last edited:

Jojofernz

I went ahead and pre-ordered a black one. I'm tired of the v3pro sticking out of my pocket while out and about. And lately I've preferred the punch of my dynavap while out- but there's just too many things to keep track of... (2 dynavap, stashes, herb tubes, wand)
...if the lobo can hit like they say it does, then I have a win/win with this form factor and vapor punch to the head.

Anyone know when these are supposed to ship in the states? (sorry if it's already been mentioned. I did my best to search the forums, but all I see is the blue and green ones are delayed til mid october.)
tia!
So if you ordered a black one before this week, they were supposed to ship out starting Monday. However now if you order one, they won’t ship out til the colored ones go out October 9th-13th.

NOLOGO

So if you ordered a black one before this week, they were supposed to ship out starting Monday. However now if you order one, they won’t ship out til the colored ones go out October 9th-13th.
rats.... I pre-ordered on September 9th. Guess I might've missed the literal boat on that one. Oh well... a couple more weeks ain't that bad. I just hope the hype doesn't outshine reality. That 100 day trial period is a pretty amazing offer, just in case

Jojofernz

rats.... I pre-ordered on September 9th. Guess I might've missed the literal boat on that one. Oh well... a couple more weeks ain't that bad. I just hope the hype doesn't outshine reality. That 100 day trial period is a pretty amazing offer, just in case
Yeah the 100 day guarantee is what gives me hope. I’m not expecting it to be the best vape available but for the price, it seems like it will perform really well and the 100 day guarantee tells me they believe in it enough that people aren’t gonna wanna return after more than 3 months of use.

Top Bottom