POTV Lobo

Jojofernz

I really hope not! šŸ˜¬
I ordered mine yesterday (19th) at 1:36 AM EST, and got an email today at 9:54 AM EST this morning with a Canada Post tracking number.

This is my first vape since the OG Solo I bought in 2011 & shelved less than 6 months of sporadic use later when it started overheating and not turning off. I was really leaning towards their edition of the Xmax V3 Pro, mostly for the size, on-demand feature & price, but thought I'd chance it with their 100-day guarantee.
Fingers & toes crossed! My lungs really hate me since I started using my one-hitter instead of edibles & CBD is most bioavailable as vaped or smoked herb. šŸ˜…
Like @NOLOGO said above me, the issue with shipping delays is for US, as far I know people in Canada got theirs a week ago that ordered right away.

Jojofernz

"mid-range" I would still like to see a Solo II comparison, to warrant a need for this.
So I know everyone is different, but my buddy has a POTV One and a Solo II. He said he hardly ever uses the Solo II, and much prefers the One. I would imagine the Lobo as an upgraded One, in a sense.

But thatā€™s just one persons opinion, never tried the Solo II myself

Blackbeen

So I know everyone is different, but my buddy has a POTV One and a Solo II. He said he hardly ever uses the Solo II, and much prefers the One. I would imagine the Lobo as an upgraded One, in a sense.

But thatā€™s just one persons opinion, never tried the Solo II myself
I also heard the S&B Crafty was a lessor Solo II & I'm assuming S&B is what is considered to be top tier, I never used any S&B vaporizer, seemed too plastic for the price though they may indeed produce top tier vapor.

Petetbay

Iā€™ve finally come to final conclusions on the Lobo after testing a lot. I gonna try not to make direct comparisons with other vapes, but it is hard not to. I thought POTV did an excellent job making this vape that includes a removable battery which should be mandatory on all vapes. Its accessory features and build quality are excellent making a nice easy to use device.

-Mainly a conduction vape with some convection that doesnā€™t really get going until 380*F.
-Iā€™m a low temp taste chaser most of the time and the Lobo scores low there with me, thereā€™s better vapes if thatā€™s what youā€™re after.
-It has a sweet spot for clouds that arenā€™t too harsh between 380-410*F. It can produce some big hits, but is harsh over 410*F natively though water can help fix that.
-It has a huge bowl about the size of the HR Fierce bowl and the main reason I bought the Lobo, but the heater performance isnā€™t up to the task even though it tries hard 390*F+. Reminds me how I was let down by the FogPro, but the FogPro is convection only.
-I played a lot using the Fierce stems and found that I could get good taste and clouds even at low temps not resting the stem on the bowl bottom to get good convection from the bowl heat. This was my best way of using the Lobo.

When thereā€™s a comparison thread on the Lobo I might offer some direct comparisons. Really itā€™s hard to know what people are looking for. Surprisingly I did not find the Lobo as a removable battery replacement for the HR Rogue I was looking for is all Iā€™ll say.

Hereā€™s pics of a group of vapes that are all lower priced and do good at what they do in the different ways they do it and none are getting replaced by the Lobo. None are better than another as they are all different doing things differently, but are excellent at what they do, producing vapor. Couple of Roffus, FogPro, Rogue, Argo, Solo2 and Air Max. Donā€™t have any Pax or Davinci vapes.

Fierce stems

edit: Troy did a review with some comparisons.

Last edited:

Blackbeen

Iā€™ve finally come to final conclusions on the Lobo after testing a lot. I gonna try not to make direct comparisons with other vapes, but it is hard not to. I thought POTV did an excellent job making this vape that includes a removable battery which should be mandatory on all vapes. Its accessory features and build quality are excellent making a nice easy to use device.

-Mainly a conduction vape with some convection that doesnā€™t really get going until 380*F.
-Iā€™m a low temp taste chaser most of the time and the Lobo scores low there with me, thereā€™s better vapes if thatā€™s what youā€™re after.
-It has a sweet spot for clouds that arenā€™t too harsh between 380-410*F. It can produce some big hits, but is harsh over 410*F natively though water can help fix that.
-It has a huge bowl about the size of the HR Fierce bowl and the main reason I bought the Lobo, but the heater performance isnā€™t up to the task even though it tries hard 390*F+. Reminds me how I was let down by the FogPro, but the FogPro is convection only.
-I played a lot using the Fierce stems and found that I could get good taste and clouds even at low temps not resting the stem on the bowl bottom to get good convection from the bowl heat. This was my best way of using the Lobo.

When thereā€™s a comparison thread on the Lobo I might offer some direct comparisons. Really itā€™s hard to know what people are looking for. Surprisingly I did not find the Lobo as a removable battery replacement for the HR Rogue I was looking for is all Iā€™ll say.

Hereā€™s pics of a group of vapes that are all lower priced and do good at what they do in the different ways they do it and none are getting replaced by the Lobo. None are better than another as they are all different doing things differently, but are excellent at what they do, producing vapor. Couple of Roffus, FogPro, Rogue, Argo, Solo2 and Air Max. Donā€™t have any Pax or Davinci vapes.

Fierce stems

Now you're just confusing me man. šŸ¤£
I'm not one that collects, or desires to, all the vapes on the market, after getting the concentration chamber mod for the XQ2 I default to it over the Solo II, I just have to set to 420 instead of 390 to reach the same sweet spot of the II & up to 450 if kief is used.
I always kind liked the idea of dosing caps & since this is more in my price range than most S&B units I was curious. I use a brick builder for the Solo with the CC but its tricky getting the pellet size right.

Razhumikin

Did you mean mainly a convection vape with some conduction? Because that's how others have sold it and why I preordered it.
I definitely do not want a mainly conduction vape.
Ita gotta be a mainly conduction vape with only minor convection, you can tell just based on the bowl design, the titanium walls in a session vape like this will always get hot enough to provide mostly conduction heating. Thats why the only session vape thats pure convection is the teflon minivap, the herb js suspended in a basket and surrounded by non-conductive material.

Petetbay

Did you mean mainly a convection vape with some conduction?
No, mainly conduction at low temps as it needs time to recoup temperature, there was review somewhere that suggested to wait 10 sec between pulls and I agree below 380*F. If it was mainly convection and maintains temp during the pull the longer you pull the hotter the herb will get and it doesnā€™t do that and at higher temps itā€™s hard to know because thereā€™s a lot of heat introduced by whichever way. All my convection vapes work like that. My 1st impressions reminded me of Mighty vapor with less heat at lo temps, but similar at high temps. I run my Mighty @ 372*F for the beginning then boost to 410 to complete the bowl.

NOLOGO

Ita gotta be a mainly conduction vape with only minor convection, you can tell just based on the bowl design, the titanium walls in a session vape like this will always get hot enough to provide mostly conduction heating. Thats why the only session vape thats pure convection is the teflon minivap, the herb js suspended in a basket and surrounded by non-conductive material.
I'm not so sure about that. If I'm pulling 3 hits at a relatively low temp (on the v3pro it's 366ā°) and then dumping that light brown abv, then that is mostly convection. The load wouldn't be in the oven long enough for the residual wall heat to play any major part in extraction.

Besides, didn't @stickstones say "it's a convection-leaning hybrid heater?" Or am I just at the age where my mind makes me think I heard what I want to hear? šŸ˜†

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm not so sure about that. If I'm pulling 3 hits at a relatively low temp (on the v3pro it's 366ā°) and then dumping that light brown abv, then that is mostly convection. The load wouldn't be in the oven long enough for the residual wall heat to play any major part in extraction.

Besides, didn't @stickstones say "it's a convection-leaning hybrid heater?" Or am I just at the age where my mind makes me think I heard what I want to hear? šŸ˜†

Hahaha well I think a key difference is this one is session style only and not on demand, which typically encourages more conduction hybrid while the latter encourages more convection hybrid... with metal chambers

Razhumikin

Yea, i mean consider the heat up time in this thing is 40 seconds, plenty of time to preheat the metal. Once the metal is at temp it doesnt matter how long its in there, it will begin providing conduction heat as soon as the bud gets into contact with the wall. Conduction can also give you light brown avb if the temp is low, just like convection can give you dark brown if its high.

Petetbay

Besides, didn't @stickstones say "it's a convection-leaning hybrid heater?" Or am I just at the age where my mind makes me think I heard what I want to hear?
Yes thatā€™s what he wanted, doesnā€™t mean he found it. He tried 3 manufacturers, about 10 different configurations and mentioned lowering the number of coils on the bowl to get more convection, itā€™s tough to find the perfect configuration to get what you want when trying for both and Jerry knows more than me and has lots of experience doing beta vapes. The heater bowl combination is hard to perfect especially with a bowl this big, hats off to him for trying maybe v2 will go straight convection and be the grail.

Petetbay

Hahaha well I think a key difference is this one is session style only and not on demand, which typically encourages more conduction hybrid while the latter encourages more convection hybrid... with metal chambers
Funny you should mention on demand as the hack I found for producing good hits with the Lobo is to turn it off to let the temp drop for 3-5 sec then restart pulling on it while it heats causing it increase the heat to try make it to the set temp that produced the best hits even in the 330-360*F range, at higher temps it worked as well, couple of those and the bowl is done.

Last edited:

ondemander

well no matter what, I'm glad I have 100 days to see for myself if I like how the lobo functions.

(I'm really just hoping for a "more pocketable" and easier to clean v3pro šŸ¤žšŸ»)
That's the Airvape Legacy Pro with new dosing capsules. It has an on demand mode and holds like twice the amount of herb. I would think the Lobo is even more conduction leaning since it's predecessors are.

leanpubpackage

Fierce stems

edit: Troy did a review with some comparisons.

Great review and as I had suspected. I wasnā€™t sold on the hype. I didnā€™t think it would be primarily convection given how weak the stock battery was and how long it was able to last. Convection portables drain batteries like no other. Thatā€™s why TM needs high amp batteries and donā€™t last many bowls per charge

seedy53

Great review and as I had suspected. I wasnā€™t sold on the hype. I didnā€™t think it would be primarily convection given how weak the stock battery was and how long it was able to last. Convection portables drain batteries like no other. Thatā€™s why TM needs high amp batteries and donā€™t last many bowls per charge
never believe the hype, they are mostly, never right. look my statement rhymes. lol

Jojofernz

I am still very excited to have my unit in hand and give it a spin for at least 100-days but I doubt Iā€™ll be returning it.

All reviews so far have been more positive than negative, with most cons being about the battery door/dark screen/ or that it comes with usbc to usbc cable.

For $160, seems to be a great little device!

Petetbay

I am still very excited to have my unit in hand and give it a spin for at least 100-days but I doubt Iā€™ll be returning it.

All reviews so far have been more positive than negative, with most cons being about the battery door/dark screen/ or that it comes with usbc to usbc cable.

For $160, seems to be a great little device!
I think everyone should give the Lobo a try with the 100 day return and I think most will keep it. If there are some returns POTV USA has their discounted returns available to pick it up cheap.

The screen is dark in sunlight, but most screens have that problem now. The battery door has large threads and I doubt anyone will have a problem with it unless you drop it on a hard surface, but a lot of vape doors are susceptible to hard drops and the Lobo maybe less so, but I donā€™t want to test it. The cable has been thrown in the drawer with all the other cables, external charger is the only way to go with spare batteries. For me 5 bowls and itā€™s down to one bar and you donā€™t want to put it on charge all the time.

Hereā€™s a 1st impression by someone that really likes the Lobo.

leanpubpackage

I think everyone should give the Lobo a try with the 100 day return and I think most will keep it. If there are some returns POTV USA has their discounted returns available to pick it up cheap.

The screen is dark in sunlight, but most screens have that problem now. The battery door has large threads and I doubt anyone will have a problem with it unless you drop it on a hard surface, but a lot of vape doors are susceptible to hard drops and the Lobo maybe less so, but I donā€™t want to test it. The cable has been thrown in the drawer with all the other cables, external charger is the only way to go with spare batteries. For me 5 bowls and itā€™s down to one bar and you donā€™t want to put it on charge all the time.

Hereā€™s a 1st impression by someone that really likes the Lobo.

Watched some of his videos and I gotta say Iā€™m going to take his opinion with a grain of salt. His reactions are ā€œreallyā€¦reallyā€ hyperbolic and his hacks are questionable. All this to say, Iā€™ll pass on the lobo and see myself out of this thread lol

Top Bottom