• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

monochord71

wow...you have successfully made the Plenty look even more like a power tool.
At first glance I was sure someone had finally succeeded in converting it into a drill.
:clap:

PXL-20211002-222218314.jpg

LesPlenty

Company Rep

OldPotHead

I vape to get even
Been vaping for years, smoked for decades, been through most of the popular brands, from Arizer, to S&B, and quite a few in between. I've been using my Might+ pretty much 100%, and getting sick of charging, so I went for the Plenty. I love Mighty, use with dosing caps, makes for a very simple experience that gets you where you need to be.

My Plenty arrived today, and my results are horrible. I know I'm doing something wrong. I want to use dosing caps, if possible, and haven't tried full loads, but I can barely get vapor. What obvious thing am I doing this horrible wrong?

Thanks in advance,
OPH

OldPotHead

I vape to get even
Thank You!
So it's a no go with dosing capsules... I'm getting nothing? Another quick question, I'm sure it's been asked 100 times, what's the minimum load that'll work? --- I'm assuming enough to completely cover the screen. I may have to start growing in order to make this feasible. :ko:

just an early assumption: 100% convection is too much for dosing caps

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
The Plenty uses stored heat.
Heat builds up to the desired temperature, and then you vape the load as the heater core begins to cool.
You can use the dosing capsules by S&B.... @ChooChooCharlie has tips in this thread about microdosing with Plenty... and has posted his technique of making a "nipple" or a protrusion in the screen to hold the dosing capsule even better. They also make a special micro-dosing chamber I believe.
The trick with Plenty is to load it with plenty!
It likes to be full.
Read through the thread, and you will find that most questions have been answered... and there are "Plenty" of tips and advice.
but I can barely get vapor. What obvious thing am I doing this horrible wrong?
....either the micro-dose set-up.... or load the chamber full (like a gram)

monochord71

Try pre-heating it....a LOT. I also found the Plenty to be best with a big load and with the concentrate pad on top of that, but if you really want to use the caps and reducer it certainly can be done. Just keep in mind that reducer is a HUGE chunk of metal and requires much more heat-soaking than the regular bowl if you want clouds. Try cranking the heat up all the way, then letting it sit there long enough to require re-engaging the trigger three or four times. Then drop the temperature down to 6 or so and have at it.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I only use the reducer and capsules
they work well, but the first one is always a slow starter
always use max temp
you can put the cap in when it’s heating to give it a preheat, or just take a few long hard pulls once temp is reached to get her Going…
that second cap tho if you hot swap out after a session… is money, always nice fat hit right off the bat

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I found the nippled screen hack works best if you turn the screen around, ditch the reducer and now fill the larger chamber area thanks to the nipple with at least 3g...I like around 5g per bowl to make the Plenty shine myself...with a glass j-hook, fuck that s/s coil cooler off, it only robs goodies from the vapor :2c:

OldPotHead

I vape to get even
Awesome help, thank you all for great advice. I have already played with the nipple [joke] and have been able to pin my capsule and get nice vapor. I can see that having lots of weed on hand is the way to use this device. Right now, I don't grow, and probably pay premium prices here in NY, so hard to dump in 3 grams of anything - unless that would last all day+. I try and keep things about 2 grams per day or less [z will last about 2 weeks], purely financial. I need to learn how to grow my own. I mix in some carts just to fill in, or out and about in mixed company.

Jason Mendoza

Thank You!
So it's a no go with dosing capsules... I'm getting nothing? Another quick question, I'm sure it's been asked 100 times, what's the minimum load that'll work? --- I'm assuming enough to completely cover the screen. I may have to start growing in order to make this feasible. :ko:

just an early assumption: 100% convection is too much for dosing caps
I bought one from ent and haven't used it yet. Lack of privacy & time alone to play. When I do tho, I'm using catnip, cbd, etc so I don't waste.
Did you see the comments that didn't think it was hot enough so they figured out how to tinder with it a bit?

I hope it's ok if I could come back to you with question, fellow Plenty newby.

OldPotHead

I vape to get even
Okay, with the combined advice of the Plenty experts, I've managed to dimple the screen [is there a nipple making tool preference?], crank temp up to max, and have a bit more patience. I am beyond pleased with the results. THANK YOU TO ALL

For those who said caps don't work, it just took me a bit of work, but they effing work. I forgot what pure convection tastes like, and how high it makes you [and normally I'm okay with just getting even]. I am just beginning to learn how to use the tremendous amount of stored heat. I've been I'm working on a single, heavily packed cap [.2+], finely ground, and it's providing taste vapor for many, many hits [seems like half an hour or more]. I did take one long slow draw to start, and it seemed to heat sink it. Seems like there is very little downside to the extra metal in the bowl except the bit of extra time it takes to heat, but once it hot it may even add to the vaporization effect.

This is some of the coolest vapor I've experienced to date. The taste is what I remember pure convection is supposed to be, and I seem to get smacked in the face with each toke. I love that I can just let it sit for a few minutes hit the switch and BOOM, another fresh bunch of hits in a minute or less. I'm learning how to play with the Plenty and loving it. I am very, very happy right now.

Time to try and digest some of this thread. I'll keep you posted.
EDIT - capsule still goin...

Last edited:

ontopofclouds

is there a legitimate concern about the plastic melting with the unlocked/boosted heater?

seems pretty unlikely the headway between max temp and dangerously high temps for a medical certified device would be higher than 10-20 degrees no?

Top Bottom