PlanetVape.ca - Canada's Destination for the Best Vapes on the Planet

vape4life

Banned for life
I picked one of these up. With the FC discount, how could I pass it up. Hopefully it pairs well with the Solo.

I don't see how it couldn't, but please report back your findings in the Solo thread. I think this unit would fit the VXL Cloud well too. Tempted...

Nic

Just talked to a kind gentleman at PV! There will be four new stems available May 30th. All will be high efficiency (notches and open bore, I presume).

-Straight stem, standard bowl
-Bent stem, standard bowl
-Straight stem, shorty bowl (30% capacity)
-Bent stem, shorty bowl (30% capacity)

The GonG versions are currently in testing and will be available soon.

Nic,
Reactions: turk

vape4life

Banned for life
WOOT WOOT! Although 30% capacity of a standard stem is pretty small! Guess it's truely for one-hitters.

I love Planet Vape!

vape4life,
Reactions: Nic

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
Hi PV,

Loving all the effort for the solo so far, cant wait to get some stems, do you have a pre-order for these at all and also would you have a minimum order to ship to the uk?

Hi Lefthook,
Thanks for the kind words, no pre-orders on these, if they run out we have more coming and no minimum order amounts to anywhere, including all our friends in the UK.

Hey PV, great that they are in stock, however would I be correct in assuming that these same gong 18mm no carb adapters will also become PVHES gong or with the air flow channels, also out by end of May?

Great question vape4life, we get asked this a lot. Yes we are working on PVHES Solo GonGs, we have a few prototypes right now, but almost all of our effort is going towards getting the PVHES Stems launched first and then hopefully shortly after the PVHES Solo GonGs will be released.

Here is a pic of a couple prototype PVHES Solo GonGs, they are both significantly different, just hard to tell.
loycq.png

updated video of my Micro Circ from PV

Great video Bob Loblaw, really helps to show the stacking, we really like your videos in the Persei thread too, thanks for sharing.

I picked one of these up. With the FC discount, how could I pass it up. Hopefully it pairs well with the Solo.

Hi Kaptan,
Thanks for your support, when you receive it, let us know what you think, especially the quality. We think the micro size really pairs nicely with the Solo.

Just a Monday morning bump for a very important question. Will we see PVHES GonG stems before the end of May? I would also like to express my gratitude towards PV for working so hard to make the Solo even better, and for sharing the process with FC. Thanks PV!
Just talked to a kind gentleman at PV! There will be four new stems available May 30th. All will be high efficiency (notches and open bore, I presume).

-Straight stem, shorty bowl (30% capacity)
-Bent stem, shorty bowl (30% capacity)

The GonG versions are currently in testing and will be available soon.

Hi Nic,
Thanks for all your support and kind words. We really love the Solo and if we can do things to make it even better, it makes owning a Solo an even better investment than it already is.

Yes we are hoping to have them for sale on or about May 30. All production PVHES Solo stems will have the 4 holes. We did create many prototypes of the PVHES Turbo, which has the one large hole and just a glass rim to hold a screen. What we found after a lot of testing was that with the other changes made to the stem, the 4 holes did not contribute to the restricted draw. So for the extra labor cost of cutting the Turbo's large bore hole and the loss of part of the screen support, there was no benefit to be gained by having one large hole vs. the 4 smaller holes.

Thank you for helping to share some info on the PVHES Solo stems. We made a few corrections to the points above just to clear up any mis-understanding:

-Straight stem, shorty bowl (30% less capacity)
-Bent stem, shorty bowl (30% less capacity)

The shorty can really conserve your flowers, for some reason the effects with 30% less biomass is almost the same as a standard sized bowl. We think it is because with the shorter bowl, the goodies at the top of the bowl are getting more thoroughly vaped, so you are extracting the same amount of actives from less material.

WOOT WOOT! Although 30% capacity of a standard stem is pretty small! Guess it's truely for one-hitters.

I love Planet Vape!

Thanks again vape4life, we do have the best customers and really are thankful for the great community and sharing here at FC. The PVHES Shorty Solo stems are only 30% less capacity than the regular sized bowl, sorry for any mis-understanding everyone.

Peace and Love,
P.V.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Perhaps there's a market for super shorty bowls :brow:

I used to use the "über screen" in my stems, it was basically a Really big domed screen, that reduced the capacity of a stem to that of a log vape. (I'd guess it was maybe 20%ish of a standard stem.)

It worked pretty well too.
All of my herb came out evenly and very thoroughly cooked :)

Frederick McGuire,

natural farmer

Hey PV, am I seeing a different hole patern in those prototype GonG stems? They look like the tintest's SS disk hole patern... Doesn't it help with an even roasting, a patern like this?
Also, sad with the 4 holes that will stay, I was hoping for an easier cleaning of those bent stems...

natural farmer,

vape4life

Banned for life
Why? Throw a stem (bent or straight ) in a ziplock bag with some iso, and rinse with hot water. Just like new, I couldn't imagine easier cleaning.

vape4life,

PlanetHaze

Retailer
Perhaps there's a market for super shorty bowls :brow:

I used to use the "über screen" in my stems, it was basically a Really big domed screen, that reduced the capacity of a stem to that of a log vape. (I'd guess it was maybe 20%ish of a standard stem.)

It worked pretty well too.
All of my herb came out evenly and very thoroughly cooked :)

You can still use a domed screen in it to reduce the size further than the same domed screen would in a normal bowl. We settled on the 30% less capacity because it seemed the optimum load size, any less didn't really vape any more evenly. Filling the bowl with less than a full load is another option to conserve further since you are already starting with a smaller bowl.

Hey PV, am I seeing a different hole patern in those prototype GonG stems? They look like the tintest's SS disk hole patern... Doesn't it help with an even roasting, a patern like this?
Also, sad with the 4 holes that will stay, I was hoping for an easier cleaning of those bent stems...

The 4 holes are the same as the PVHES and Solo GonGs, just the standard 4 hole pattern. We tested concave stainless disks with the same principles as the tintest disk

Pw8uD.jpg

We will list these for sale as well for those who want them, but we can't recommend them. We didn't notice any increased performance and every time you pull the stem out, that hot disk will come flying out.

The bent stems are a bit harder to clean for sure, vape4life has a good recommendation above. We will have cleaning/storage tubes for straight stems only that were posted above, they fit the straight stems perfectly.

P.V.

golantravize

professional metaphysician
7 more days till the new stems are available! I sure hope the deadline is certain this time, I'm counting down the days. Is there any worry of an initial shortage if there won't be a pre-order? It seems I'm far from the only one waiting eagerly for their arrival.

golantravize,

vape4life

Banned for life
Hey PV, curious when/if you will be offering Solo sized screens in a finer guage/mesh? I love the airflow of the present ones, but they do allow material through, I think just slightly finer would be the sweet spot.

vape4life,

natural farmer

Yeap, just received my GonG adapter for the Solo (extremely fast!!!) and some screens and I had to put some cotton under there. The GonG adapter works great and the game is much more enjoyable now. It is a little crooked but works great nevertheless! Thanks PV!!! :rockon:

PS: Loved the little bear sticker on the small envelope with the screens!

natural farmer,
Reactions: turk

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Thats funny, I noticed that the screens seemed a bit coarse, but since I installed it, I've had no particulates get through.
My honey buildup in the stem looks very nice and particulate free.
:shrug:

Frederick McGuire,

vape4life

Banned for life
I've got tonnes of particulates compared to a finer mesh screen that I cut myself. However I think alot depends on how loose it's packed. When loose I get more particulate, but tamped a little it's reduced.

vape4life,

PlanetHaze

Retailer
7 more days till the new stems are available! I sure hope the deadline is certain this time, I'm counting down the days. Is there any worry of an initial shortage if there won't be a pre-order? It seems I'm far from the only one waiting eagerly for their arrival.
....I heard the release coincides with the mayan prediction of the "end of the world"....:)

lol... right now we are still on track, but ultimately we need to rely on our glassblower to meet their deadline to be able to ship to us on time. If we do run out of stock on them, it will get replenished quickly.

Hey PV, curious when/if you will be offering Solo sized screens in a finer guage/mesh? I love the airflow of the present ones, but they do allow material through, I think just slightly finer would be the sweet spot.

We are embarrassed to admit that we have had prototype custom made ultra fine Solo screens for over a month now and just not had the time to thoroughly test them due to the PVHES release. They are 200 micron and pretty thick to survive. They do filter everything with no restriction to air flow and seem to accumulate debris at a slower rate, but are harder to clean.

Yeap, just received my GonG adapter for the Solo (extremely fast!!!) and some screens and I had to put some cotton under there. The GonG adapter works great and the game is much more enjoyable now. It is a little crooked but works great nevertheless! Thanks PV!!! :rockon:

PS: Loved the little bear sticker on the small envelope with the screens!

Thanks ili, glad the GonG is working great. Yeah, our shipping is very fast, many reports of as little as 4 days to international destinations, especially the UK. We don't want to tell all our secrets, but we do a lot of little things that helps ensure speedy delivery.

Thats funny, I noticed that the screens seemed a bit coarse, but since I installed it, I've had no particulates get through.
My honey buildup in the stem looks very nice and particulate free.
:shrug:
I've got tonnes of particulates compared to a finer mesh screen that I cut myself. However I think alot depends on how loose it's packed. When loose I get more particulate, but tamped a little it's reduced.

We agree, the honey in our stems looks beautiful and clear when heated due to loading a full bowl every time and very slight packing. It seems like anytime your herbs move around in the bowl, either from not filling all the way, very loose fill, or from a percussion hitting style it can cause some fine particulate through.

It would be great to get a few different micron sizes like 200, 180, 160, 140, 120, 100, 80 and have FC members test and have a group vote for the best, but still manufacture them in several micron choices. We also don't know the cost yet, these will be the only ones in the world.

P.V.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
The would make sense then, I usually pack my herb in a bit.
(I have a bud container, press my solo stem into it, and it compresses the herb enough so that it will stay in when I take it out - no hands on bud :))

Frederick McGuire,

vape4life

Banned for life
Perfect sense, only get particular when it's loose pack as well as what PV said about the hitting style.

vape4life,
We are embarrassed to admit that we have had prototype custom made ultra fine Solo screens for over a month now and just not had the time to thoroughly test them due to the PVHES release. They are 200 micron and pretty thick to survive. They do filter everything with no restriction to air flow and seem to accumulate debris at a slower rate, but are harder to clean.

We agree, the honey in our stems looks beautiful and clear when heated due to loading a full bowl every time and very slight packing. It seems like anytime your herbs move around in the bowl, either from not filling all the way, very loose fill, or from a percussion hitting style it can cause some fine particulate through.

It would be great to get a few different micron sizes like 200, 180, 160, 140, 120, 100, 80 and have FC members test and have a group vote for the best, but still manufacture them in several micron choices. We also don't know the cost yet, these will be the only ones in the world.

P.V.

Wow, yet another PV innovation to look forward to- I would love to have some options in filters. I know this gets said all the time, but PV is truely the best, no other company even begins to work for their customers like PV.

Also, on a tangentially related note, the discussion about filter types got me thinking about a few posts on the Arizer Solo thread that talked about whether there might be any glass filter options, so that we could retain the all glass air path. The closest I've seen is something like this: http://www.andrewsglass.com/specialty_04.tpl but I'm not sure if a coarse fittered class screen would work. Anyway, since the all glass idea appeals to me, I was wondering if it's something PV has ever considered, or whether it's not feasible for some reason.

callbobloblaw,
Reactions: vape4life

Kaptan

glad you enjoy. i really am enjoying this bubbler. stacks amazing. no drag
I agree 100%. This bubbler is awesome and it stacks to the top of the can. For the price, you can't go wrong. The solo is very stable sitting on the smoke shower with PV's gong stem.

Kaptan,

Vitolo

Vaporist
OK... first I will say, I was shy to post any videos too soon.. did not want to make anyone upset!
The above post was just me spreading a little "PV Love"!
The last vid I posted was at Solo Thread Video
The stem you saw me vaping in that video was far from done!
I returned to the stem that evening.. to try to "kill it off". It took me 4 cycles before the unit became too warm for me to want to hold.... and by that time, holding the unit was not an issue, as by then I was ...

A couple of stem testing videos coming up in a day or two!

Top Bottom