PIRO by lamart

GoldenBud

If you're using the 14/18 Lamart WPA for 14mm bubbler and kinda hate the gradual 14/18 part, these o-rings will make sure that the gradual part won't be a problem anymore, also this kind of o-ring seals the bubbler greatly, and won't cause any trouble when you want to lift it up (it's basically the smaller o-ring for Lotus Wpa too)

vandalizedbythelotus

has anyone tried the piro with s&b caps? or perhaps even the gold plated copper ones?
was wondering if this would add a bit of conduction effect and combustion protection.

and is it actually usable in this configuration?

Last edited:
vandalizedbythelotus,

vandalizedbythelotus

I have used S&B capsules and they work well. The tank is too short for me to use it with the Piro
oh man i'm in trouble here lol can't decide which stem(s) to pick up with it now.
after reading through the pages here i gave up on capsules and i'm stuck between glass stems: tank vs nub
in addition to a long straight stem i really like the idea of a very compact setup.

thinking the nub is easier to aim with but is it too short to be usable?
and that picture with the tank is driving me crazy i really want to try it...
am i screwed here do i have to get all 3?

vandalizedbythelotus,

coolbreeze

I just received my cocobolo Piro, and man, this thing is nice! I have other small butane bong vapes but this one fills a crucial niche: where most of the others can be difficult to use on small rigs/pieces because their intake is too high or close, the Piro works like a dream. I've even tried it with an 18-10mm adapter and basket screen and it works great on my MJA Titan. It can hit hard, and I haven't gotten anywhere near combustion with it; in fact, it has generally produced very even heating with stirring mostly unnecessary. It can also produce top quality flavor hits due to its all-glass path and highly-adjustable heating. This is an excellent entry-level torch vape. It's also flexible enough to satisfy those more experienced as a flavor-sipper, general-purpose, or even heavy-hitting vape.

I got the Tank and Nub mouthpieces along with the water piece adapter. I find the mouthpieces a little too small for comfortable use, but I will have to practice with them a bit. They do work great, however, with my Dreamwood DLX One! And since the Piro fits the 18-14mm adapter the DLX uses for a bowl, I can use their parts interchangeably and customize my experience fairly precisely among my smaller water pieces.

So, I will highly recommend the Piro for everyone--it's really nice especially for the price, and I haven't even touched on the beautiful handiwork. I will recommend it especially for those who already have smaller glass pieces and for those interested in trying out their first butane vape. Also, consider the small mouthpieces if you're daring or own other gear you can use them with; they're beautiful in their own right and they cool well for their size.

vandalizedbythelotus

@coolbreeze congrats!
placed my order last week, i'm so excited, i just can't hide it :)) ... any idea what to expect in terms of processing time? assuming it might take a wile if it's a one man show.

vandalizedbythelotus,
Reactions: coolbreeze

coolbreeze

It took about 6 weeks, Lotus. Long when you're waiting, but once you get it, it'll all be worth it. I think mine was considered custom, so maybe an acrylic or in-stock one might come faster?

vandalizedbythelotus

just got my piros yesterday. can't believe how tiny they are, so cute <3.
having a bit of trouble with the mesh baskets however, they are really loose in all my stems.
any tips on how to get them to stay in the stems?

edit: got it, used a wood dowel to slightly expand the walls of the basket outward.

Last edited:

vandalizedbythelotus

quick mention of this amazing, terribly underrated, tiny yet powerful device.
hits hard and fast with surprisingly even AVB.
taste is phenomenal with the all glass path.
very forgiving of technique, not easy to combust as i feared.
it really works in this configuration too, i'll sacrifice a bit of convenience for the compact factor.
this is sonokeling rosewood, also got a very apropriate lacewood one waiting to be shot :))
pic don't do it justice <3

coolbreeze

Piros put the ritual on easy mode:
IMG-1470.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
i'll get the Piro next salary, damn i miss it so much, it hits so fast! like tetra @ 240c but the ABV is still yellow...honestly...
where did u get this torch??

Sorry I didn't convert what 240C is to F, but loading the basket screen with Tetra with one hit through water at 445F my AVB is easily dark brown and black at the top... Much like my Piro can do, just not as fast!

coolbreeze

i'll get the Piro next salary, damn i miss it so much, it hits so fast! like tetra @ 240c but the ABV is still yellow...honestly...
where did u get this torch??
The torch is an "Atomic" brand and it came with a Dreamwood DLX. It's a great brick torch: med-strong and bushy. I haven't been able to find it otherwise, but ask them and maybe they have a line on it. If they do, let us know, I wouldn't mind having a backup!

GoldenBud

Sorry I didn't convert what 240C is to F, but loading the basket screen with Tetra with one hit through water at 445F my AVB is easily dark brown and black at the top... Much like my Piro can do, just not as fast!
I vape @ 455F all the time, WOODEN STEM WPA, very dry weed, after trim bag. (so that's a proof the weed has low water content) i think these things help it to stay almost dark.
464F will bring dark ABV, not combustion!! wooden stem i like it so much (except the unreal taste with glass WPA...but... the extraction is what i like with wooden stem)

slow-medium draw only. these times....

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The torch is an "Atomic" brand and it came with a Dreamwood DLX. It's a great brick torch: med-strong and bushy. I haven't been able to find it otherwise, but ask them and maybe they have a line on it. If they do, let us know, I wouldn't mind having a backup!

Oh yeah I have one of those too from them, in orange, for a while it was easily my favorite torch and I also tried to find more online, because unfortunately it doesn't really work properly anymore. Happens to like all my torches, keep having to press the button to get it to ignite, super frustrating, part of the reason I never really use torch vapes anymore...

I vape @ 455F all the time, WOODEN STEM WPA, very dry weed, after trim bag. (so that's a proof the weed has low water content) i think these things help it to stay almost dark.
464F will bring dark ABV, not combustion!! wooden stem i like it so much (except the unreal taste with glass WPA...but... the extraction is what i like with wooden stem)

Yeah so it's all so relative, I am really at the risk of combustion if I go any higher than 445, even if I draw too long at 445, how you hit it is a huge factor and I like to rip the tetra hard :D

coolbreeze

Happens to like all my torches, keep having to press the button to get it to ignite, super frustrating, part of the reason I never really use torch vapes anymore...
This must be why people seem to love the flint ones nowadays (ironically abandoned en mass over health concerns; there's a bit of a freak-out over it early in the Vapor Genie thread, if I remember correctly). My Eagles drive me crazy over this. Well, that and the fact that you need thumbs like Sissy Hankshaw to use them!

GoldenBud

had an idea.. the Piro-insert-spikes version.. spikes in the glass of the intake.. for people who like slow draw mainly?... not too closed airflow, tho.. interesting to see how it performs

coolbreeze

had an idea.. the Piro-insert-spikes version.. spikes in the glass of the intake.. for people who like slow draw mainly?... not too closed airflow, tho.. interesting to see how it performs
I wonder if this would increase turbulence in a useful way, like the little turbulator intake on a brick?

It's got a lot of control built-in so it hits pretty great native; for a slow draw I would just aim more for the top or outside curve of the tube; that'll slow the intake of heat quite a bit.

vandalizedbythelotus

i don't think you want any sort of heat exchanger in the path before the herb with direct intake vapes.
this would possibly work if you transform the intake into a heating element a-la elev8R and torch the exterior.

for a slow draw limiter i think it's easier and more appropriate for the system here to restrict airflow on the stem or mouthpiece rather than heater.

vandalizedbythelotus

true but the VG has a very direct intake, without any kind of distancing tube and makes up for it with the diffuser disk which basically has the same role as the tube here.

in piro's case the intake tube's bends and length ensure optimal temps and air mixture, doesn't need a fresh air carb like most of the other single bend L shaped intake tube vapes for mixing. doesn't make much sense adding cold air to your heater either if you ask me, another win for piro.

looking at most other vapes i see nothing but screens between hot air and herb chamber and the shortest most direct path possible in order to prevent wasting energy. can't imagine any benefit to adding geometry inbetween for this sort of vape, only downsides is what i'm saying, besides the proper length and a couple of bends for air mixing.

coolbreeze

true but the VG has a very direct intake, without any kind of distancing tube and makes up for it with the diffuser disk which basically has the same role as the tube here.

in piro's case the intake tube's bends and length ensure optimal temps and air mixture, doesn't need a fresh air carb like most of the other single bend L shaped intake tube vapes for mixing. doesn't make much sense adding cold air to your heater either if you ask me, another win for piro.

looking at most other vapes i see nothing but screens between hot air and herb chamber and the shortest most direct path possible in order to prevent wasting energy. can't imagine any benefit to adding geometry inbetween for this sort of vape, only downsides is what i'm saying, besides the proper length and a couple of bends for air mixing.
And frankly, it's hard to imagine it working better.

Top Bottom