Phattpiggies Wood Shed

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Sorry if this is a stupid question but are these stems for use with the omnivap or can they be used with the dynavap original vapcap?

I'm interested in getting one and getting a wooden stem, but at the moment the omnivap is too expensive to justify!
Stems are longer at 62mm and require an XL size condenser if you wish to use a mouth piece

Bodies are shorter at 45mm and can only be used with regular length condensers w/ mouth pieces.

If you decide to get an Omni condenser after you get a Ti model just make sure you're aware of the difference between bodies and stems. Piggy will have some additional information that pertains to his specific stems I'm sure.

VanCough

Environmentalist
Okay, I basically just want to know what I need to buy to be able to get one of these beautiful stems.

How much would that stunning Blackwood and aluminium stem set me back @phattpiggie?

Blackwood and Aluminium
TFLpAxe.jpg

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
No question is stupid. I encourage people to ask questions and discuss ideas. If you're unsure then ask.

Thanks @Winegums I was minutes behind you. How much fun is all this shit!!!!

The shorter Padauk Twist would be suitable for an Omni XL.
UnI79PE.jpg

It would look like this as the XL
Qrkm7Tv.jpg

These are some of the first Omni I did, they were all a learning experience but a set of bushes from @Ed's TnT opened my eyes to being able to make them with less problems.
They would probably work but they have cracks which was down to the way I had to hold them, can't thank Ed enough for helping me see the obvious.
I had the mandrel and had no idea how big other bushings went until they arrived.
HdaPGTo.jpg

@VanCough PM me and we can work out what you'd like and a price, there is a queue so all you need is a bit of patience, I will be starting a new list soon and a pair of hands should be arriving next week, attached to a body, that will help me fulfil orders and do the R&D for some other stuff people have asked for.

GeeWhiz

could someone give me the "size" of tubing you need to have the TI Tip fit into? I want to work on ideaas but I am lost as to the internal circumference. I could go buy calipers but alas :) I know you guys know it already. Must be a standard size for sure. Oh.. BTW.. how do you upload pictures? can you only link to them?

Thanks all
GW

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@GeeWhiz it's 8mm but I'd buy some decent vernier calipers anyway so you can check the ID of any tube you buy.

If you've got an Imgur account then paste the link into the box that opens when you click the picture icon next to the :) icon is the best I can offer there is a thread about it.

Squiby

I basically just want to know what I need to buy to be able to get one of these beautiful stems.
if you buy one of @phattpiggie s longer stems then all you need is a Dynavap titanium tip and cap.

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/parts/the-cap

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/parts/titanium-tip

Sorry if this is a stupid question but are these stems for use with the omnivap or can they be used with the dynavap original vapcap?

All of the ti tipped models are completely modular and some of the stems and bodies @phattpiggie makes are meant to fit onto a stainless steel Vapcap condenser with a Dynavap mp.

The OG Vapcap is a one piece all glass tip/body model. It is not modular and cannot accommodate any of the custom bodies and stems.

Last edited:

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
@HD Springer I found some of this so we should be okay, and had @Ruta here last nite and have still abstained. I don't know whether it's vaping, age or life situation or all three mixed together but when I smoked I found it very difficult going without.
M7794iOm.png

Had a quick phone conversation with @priestsmiler earlier and I am glad to say that the UK postal system is reliable enough for him to have received his parcel in good time.
Can't say the same for the US system.
NxbNEh3.jpg

The order was for a SS body, either a short body so he could fit his own MP or a longer one, but it had to fit the airtight tubes George sends stuff out in. He got a bit of both.

As he had faith in me and paid me up front, not something I would normally accept, I sent him out an extra long condenser tube with a Blackwood MP with the short body and a long body with a MP and condenser George sent over with my last order.

The lower SS tube came from a fellow VC user and is very thin walled and weighs a lot less than the short one.

As the whole @VapCap set up allows for chopping and changing PS now has the long condenser fitted to the rifled glass body I sent him the first time and I seem to think he mentioned buying tips for the other stuff. Not that he's been bitten by the VC bug at all.
@phattpiggie, I made a copper stem for my OmniVap XLS and I really like the clean look and the contrast between the copper and the Ti Mouthpiece and Tip.

SAtLhvm.jpg

Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
could someone give me the "size" of tubing you need to have the TI Tip fit into? I want to work on ideaas but I am lost as to the internal circumference. I could go buy calipers but alas :) I know you guys know it already. Must be a standard size for sure. Oh.. BTW.. how do you upload pictures? can you only link to them?

Thanks all
GW

I've been working on some schematics to help me describe the customisations I'm hoping for from @phattpiggie and @Winegums

Below is a mockup of an OmniXL (if anyone has more accurate measurements let me know and I'll update the diags).

aGvGOys.jpg

I'm more than happy to do another with non-XL dimensions if people want one but someone will have to provide me with the condenser length as I don't have one to measure.

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@HD Springer it's been a trip and a half so far, next stop Champs:lol:.
It's a humbling experience signing into FC and seeing a load of notifications and PM's.

@TheVaporist many thanks it would be a pleasure to make you something and a big kick to see it in a classy photo.

@M0J0 looks very in keeping, like the addition of the O ring at the MP.

@GreenHopper Nice drawings, long time since I did any like that and they'd have been done with a set of draughting pens. Don't have an XL but could probably work out the dimensions and see where I get.

Great day, had @Ruta round for a social. Always good to catch up and bounce a few ideas around.
Got this 62mm Ovangkol done, I'll do a square with the same style MP and see how it looks.
Y8C9mGX.jpg

Went all plastic before Ruta arrived.
Honey Bee and Blackwood. I'll get some better shots of the Blackwood 'hot end' it's the busiest piece I've ever seen. Colors, eyes and swirls.
6zwvEpd.jpg

I did the Indian Summer stem a while back and had always been meaning to finish off the matching 14mm.
iRaZFkx.jpg

o7hegOw.jpg

Mr. Me2

It's a humbling experience signing into FC and seeing a load of notifications and PM's.

@TheVaporist many thanks it would be a pleasure to make you something and a big kick to see it in a classy photo.

@GreenHopper Nice drawings, long time since I did any like that and they'd have been done with a set of draughting pens. Don't have an XL but could probably work out the dimensions and see where I get.

Great day, had @Ruta round for a social. Always good to catch up and bounce a few ideas around.
Got this 62mm Ovangkol done, I'll do a square with the same style MP and see how it looks.
Y8C9mGX.jpg

Honey Bee and Blackwood. I'll get some better shots of the Blackwood 'hot end' it's the busiest piece I've ever seen. Colors, eyes and swirls.
6zwvEpd.jpg

I did the Indian Summer stem a while back and had always been meaning to finish off the matching 14mm.
iRaZFkx.jpg

o7hegOw.jpg
I LOVE those acrylics! Surprises me because I love the warmth, history, and life of wood.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60

Y8C9mGX.jpg

6zwvEpd.jpg

iRaZFkx.jpg

o7hegOw.jpg

Love those 'india summer' one's, especially the one in the foreground.

Is that an 18mm or 14mm pSonG (@phattpiggieStem-on-Glass)?

That's what I will be wanting...first :brow:

Also did anyone else see the 'eye of sauron' in the foreground piece?

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
It takes a lot of effort doing them only made worse as you get closer to the end and all the lines you're working to start to disappear.

I liked the look of just the 2 flats and I may try a 3 flat version as well.

VanCough

Environmentalist
@phattpiggie are the plastic stems safe to vaporise through? They look awesome.

Also, do your stems, like the Blackwood and aluminium one I like, fit inside the dynastash? And, if not will you be making an equivalent custom housing for your stems by special request?

Also, why don't you use a condenser inside your stems? What is the purpose of a condenser?

Top Bottom