Phase3 Vaporizers

arb

Semi shaved ape
Been playing with a Tafee Bowle a kind member has let me test out, needed a change of pace and pulled out my SCVW Mini last night, about 30s of torching to reach nirvana! So good I had to do another small bowl immediately after just to make sure. Anddddddddd out like a light before 8PM. In my opinion it's one of the stoniest signatures of any vaporizer I have tried.

Also, the SCVW has "diplomatic immunity" when it comes to "vape mail"
Just in case.

I don't have any updates right now on the desktop. The $xxxx laying around here in what I consider "unsellable" parts has, in some regards; killed my buzz. The quest for da best desk (top) vaporizer will go on, assuredly, but presently, my finances are pretty tied up with my main biz. In hindsight, I probably should have started selling the first InVerzion vaporizer that I posted on page one of this thread, to open the road up both ways. That would have made it easier to fund further R&D, with the preface that I've always been just a guy in an apartment on a passion project. That said, my estimations were fine until I switched over from boro to quartz, of which the cost to prototype and manufacture has been drastically higher, which I didn't really anticipate. Sure, I expected higher costs, but I'm talking many times over.

I think if I was really smart, I would have just sold ruby pearls to people to put in their current vapes lol.

Anyways, I'm not sure what even spawned this rant outside of excessive vapor intake lol. Not broke, just bent. The great desktop race shall go on, but it will take some "recalibration."

In the meantime, I might have to start designing artisan coffee cup attachments, or something.
You need a hug B?
🤗

Farid

I can totally relate my friend. I'm always coming up with ideas that I never follow through with prototyping because the initial investment is so high, and I'm not committed enough to any one particular idea. It also doesn't help that with Covid, access to makerspaces are limited, and I don't own a lathe or even a drill press yet.

But don't be discouraged, you can still continue to work on new designs in your spare time. You may find you come up with a design that is less costly to manufacture and still produces the results you're looking for. You may also find yourself revisiting old ideas from your portfolio, coming back with fresh eyes can sometimes trigger an "ah ha" moment.

There is also the option of looking for a company to partner with (probably one which makes quartz dabbing gear), allowing them to take on the initial investment in exchange for a stake in the company. But that has obvious drawbacks too, and it's hard to cede control of your baby, so I'd totally understand if that's a non starter.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

6305082-E-EBDE-4-F71-B22-F-813455-ED3-D8-D.jpg

Thank you, everyone - for all of your kind and sincere comments; it is most appreciated, and does not go unnoticed.

Vaporware

@invertedisdead I think you still have a decent number of people interested in your designs and I hope you don’t give up on them. completely!

I get that the main design you’ve been showing off may have been more successful if you’d put it out earlier since so many people have been filling everything with balls lately, but unless you don’t think your designs have any advantages over other offerings anymore I think it’s still worth making a final prototype and at least a run or two of units you could sell at some point.

I know if I could come up with the money at that time I’d buy one! I haven’t seen your other designs yet, but knowing what some of your goals with these are (great extraction capabilities with a clean air/vapor path), I expect I’d be interested in any model you decided to make a run of!

If you can’t keep funding it right now you could take a few partial or complete pre-orders to cover the costs, or if you need to step back and focus on something else that’s making rather than costing you money I get it, but I do hope you come back to it and some more of us get to try these things!

Either way, while your current issues with this are a bit discouraging I appreciate the motivation this whole process has given me to work through some of my own ideas. I also fear that if I sit on them too long I’m going to see a lot of them done by other people, but I’m at least going to get some ideas down in some industrial design software and see if it goes anywhere. I need to figure out the best not-too-expensive way to run fluid dynamics simulations on them too though... :sherlock:

Anyway, while I think you’d like some of those designs, they’re not relevant here beyond what I said. I just hope that I can give a little motivation back for you to get something out there when you’re ready, even if it’s overpriced and you only sell a handful to us. Unless you say you’re dropping this forever, we’re not all going away. ;)

Shadooz

@invertedisdead i love your small bubbler ;), but we won't see the heater at all in the last video...

i'm still here to break some nuts, (not your nugs)

As what u're making is the glass thermal capacitor, u will sell this part alone for those who already have a compatible coil ? And the price is still a big unknown to us ...?
Secondly, i don't know why u won't seal the ruby balls definitly during the manufacturing, to avoid any screen on the capacitor ?
And last, have u make it friction less to use now?

If the temp u gave to us are the real coil temp, it will be my first recommendation vape for sure

Farid

I need to figure out the best not-too-expensive way to run fluid dynamics simulations on them too though... :sherlock:

Check out simscale. It's browser based and is by far the easiest and most user friendly simulation software I've used. Paired with Onshape for the CAD part and you can access your designs from any computer, no file transfer needed. I've come to prefer it to Solidworks and AutoCAD (and its way better than other free CAD programs I've tried like FreeCAD). Best part is it works on Linux too.

To do a flow simulation in Simscale all you need to do is:

1) select incompressible flow for simulation type
2) upload a CAD drawing (which can be made in the program of your choice, I highly suggest Onshape) of the internal area where the flow is occurring
3) autogenerate a mesh
4) set your boundary conditions (inlet and outlet) and set your known variables (be it pressure or velocity at the inlets or outlets)
5) run the simulation

Sorry if this is off topic, feel free to pm me if you have questions. I'm new to it too and still learning myself. I'm probably forgetting a few steps in the above, but there are some tutorials for incompressible flow sims that walk you through it.

Last edited:

Vaporware

Check out simscale. It's browser based and is by far the easiest and most user friendly simulation software I've used. Paired with Onshape for the CAD part and you can access your designs from any computer, no file transfer needed. I've come to prefer it to Solidworks and AutoCAD (and its way better than other free CAD programs I've tried like FreeCAD). Best part is it works on Linux too.

2) upload a CAD drawing (which can be made in the program of your choice, I highly suggest Onshape) of the internal area where the flow is occurring
3) autogenerate a mesh
4) set your boundary conditions (inlet and outlet) and set your known variables (be it pressure or velocity at the inlets or outlets)
5) run the simulation

Sorry if this is off topic, feel free to pm me if you have questions. I'm new to it too and still learning myself. I'm probably forgetting a few steps in the above, but there are some tutorials for incompressible flow sims that walk you through it.

Thanks! That gives me a whole other set of tools to look into, and it sounds like they might be a better place for me to start. :)

I’ll let the thread get back on track though and just send you a PM once I get far enough into this to have good questions! :cheers:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@invertedisdead i love your small bubbler ;), but we won't see the heater at all in the last video...

i'm still here to break some nuts, (not your nugs)

As what u're making is the glass thermal capacitor, u will sell this part alone for those who already have a compatible coil ? And the price is still a big unknown to us ...?
Secondly, i don't know why u won't seal the ruby balls definitly during the manufacturing, to avoid any screen on the capacitor ?
And last, have u make it friction less to use now?

If the temp u gave to us are the real coil temp, it will be my first recommendation vape for sure

I was getting bored of these bigger water pipes, so I found this little bubbler for $25 in town! 🙂

Yes, I would offer the vaporizer component by itself for those who already have suitable accesories already. Although this vape was originally designed around a slightly taller 20mm coil than standard - I believe they were originally built for the Liger e-nail platform. I need to test a regular height 20mm coil side by side on my dual XLR controller, at the same settings, and see how it does in comparison. Then go from there regarding the coil situation. I have some quartz vaporizer components here that would be basically operational once a coil is added. I have a couple of this current shorter style with the CNCd air inlets, and a few of the older ones with the full length joints.

Don’t worry, the price is still pretty unknown to me, too! :D But it would be in line with other “top tier” vaporizers.

The goal is still to get rid of the screens for a more secure vaporizer platform, but getting the rubies inside is still a challenge. I laid out my latest idea on that a page or so ago after I posted a rendering of a newer idea for loading them into the quartz housing.

The current setup has no ground joint, so it just sits in the end of an adapter, but doesn’t actually lock together. I’d like to find a nice middle ground here.

@invertedisdead I think you still have a decent number of people interested in your designs and I hope you don’t give up on them. completely!

I get that the main design you’ve been showing off may have been more successful if you’d put it out earlier since so many people have been filling everything with balls lately, but unless you don’t think your designs have any advantages over other offerings anymore I think it’s still worth making a final prototype and at least a run or two of units you could sell at some point.

I know if I could come up with the money at that time I’d buy one! I haven’t seen your other designs yet, but knowing what some of your goals with these are (great extraction capabilities with a clean air/vapor path), I expect I’d be interested in any model you decided to make a run of!

If you can’t keep funding it right now you could take a few partial or complete pre-orders to cover the costs, or if you need to step back and focus on something else that’s making rather than costing you money I get it, but I do hope you come back to it and some more of us get to try these things!

Either way, while your current issues with this are a bit discouraging I appreciate the motivation this whole process has given me to work through some of my own ideas. I also fear that if I sit on them too long I’m going to see a lot of them done by other people, but I’m at least going to get some ideas down in some industrial design software and see if it goes anywhere. I need to figure out the best not-too-expensive way to run fluid dynamics simulations on them too though... :sherlock:

Anyway, while I think you’d like some of those designs, they’re not relevant here beyond what I said. I just hope that I can give a little motivation back for you to get something out there when you’re ready, even if it’s overpriced and you only sell a handful to us. Unless you say you’re dropping this forever, we’re not all going away. ;)

Thank you for the kind and thoughtful response,

I'm very happy to read that this process has helped inspire you to pursue some of your ideas, taking something from a paper doodle to a real, working tool has taught me so much more than I ever imagined. I thought I was pretty well versed on vaporization before I started, but the whole process has seriously been a huge asset for learning.

Definitely not intending on giving up here, but I am going to be watching to see how this vape mail thing unfolds. I've been somewhat anticipating something like this for a while, so I'm hoping to be able to get through it. I have a few ideas to consider so we'll see what it's really all about soon. I have two different (indirect and direct) glass butane devices I've been tinkering with for many months which could see more traction.

I appreciate the motivation, it means a lot.

I’m still here camping with ya bud!

I believe in what you got going on. I would be happy to help... could certainly buy a beta unit and help test!

Thank you freedom pal, I appreciate the encouragement! And the medicated s'mores! 🔥

That was genuinely incredible, I was born way too late!

3) autogenerate a mesh
5) run the simulation

Definitely not off topic, I'd like to check it out too; my CAD skills are very poor lol, but I like to learn! Fluid dynamics is another wormhole, I've been playing in the thermodynamics and materials science pool mostly, need to dive deeper into some of these other areas of interest.

Shadooz

I was getting bored of these bigger water pipes, so I found this little bubbler for $25 in town! 🙂
That's exactly how i use my herbo ;)

The goal is still to get rid of the screens for a more secure vaporizer platform, but getting the rubies inside is still a challenge. I laid out my latest idea on that a page or so ago after I posted a rendering of a newer idea for loading them into the quartz housing.
Seal them in the full glass cover.. the heater will be cleanable with iso anyway

And u can definitly do two glass capacitor one quartz that can be flame torch, and another cheap boro only uasable with coil, cause 450F is low enough for boro.

And if u want some help (money+feedbacks), sell a couple of that first version to people here with the possibility to buy a newer version later at manufacturing cost ;) early access advantage for the pioneer

Shadooz

I figure a plant expresses its characteristics regardless of what I think it should be.
I won't get u.. even if u don't know the strain, a (quite) pure sativa will stay sativa and pure indica, indica.
And what comes from afghanistan is indica.
So naming a strain with the two opposite is weird.
Like saying green red, for orange :lol:

Alexis

Me older couzin Matthew, way back 90's, described Afghan Black to me as "the best pot in the world."

Pot was the slang term for many then actually. And I actually like that one a lot.

It possibly emerged to usher out "dope". Less stigma, not so blatant, more socially acceptable.

A bit like how they wheeled in shiny, pretty faced David Gilmour as all too obvious Syd was inevitably on way to being wheeled out.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
View attachment 6106
Drying Afghan sativa leaner..........the variety that comes outta that region of the world is staggering.
That is what happens when cannabis is part of a culture........good things.

Extremely nice, Is that Balkhi by chance?
One of the most fascinating aspects of most eastern cannabis culture to me, is the hashish traditions, the sieving of resin, the cream of the crop!

And what comes from afghanistan is indica.

It’s true that Afghanistan is certainly renowned for landrace indicas (some argue to have the name changed to Afghanica), but consider that the Hindu Kush mountain range is right next to the Himalayan Mountains (some call the region Hindu Kish Himalayas, but that is debated) of which very many unique sativa phenotypes exist, varying amongst the region.

arb

Semi shaved ape
People have been selectively breeding all the"land race"drug cultivars for thousands of years.
Naturally occurring cultivars are hemp..........er cbd.
😂
Sorry homie did NOT mean to derail your thread.

Shadooz

Not to mention, just because it's so easy for modern man to move around and breed their favourite strain with a newly discovered one doesn't mean that ancient man didn't do the same, just in a more carbon neutral way 😉
Trying to keep outdoor sativa in the middle of indica land will end up by hybridation, pollen is in the air, it wasn't laboratary selection back then

Top Bottom