Phase3 Vaporizers

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Just out of curiosity how much would the price change if we went for single crystal silicon carbide/moissanite? Would it be possible to make that an add on?

I haven't looked into that stuff in quite a while but based on D-nails pricing it would be $4000-5000 more.
Around 10X the cost of the ZXXL itself.

Send me an email if you're serious about that upgrade, I'm sure we could work that out :wave:

add1noob

I haven't looked into that stuff in quite a while but based on D-nails pricing it would be $4000-5000 more.
Haha that’s a bit more than I was expecting but you’ve definitely got me interested. I was looking at moissanite listings online after reading this post on the 420vapezone discord.
“(and fair warning - remember: they're cheaper than getting straight up "Diamondium" but it still is expensive... just not as bad as people assume. like, I ended up paying around $300 for 218x... just want to keep your expectations within reason)”
I also read on there that people had concerns with getting Cubic zirconia instead of the moissanite they paid for. If there is enough interest we could probably bulk order from a reputable vendor. If you do ever decide to make a $5000 vape I might be interested in 5 or so years haha.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Haha that’s a bit more than I was expecting but you’ve definitely got me interested. I was looking at moissanite listings online after reading this post on the 420vapezone discord.

I also read on there that people had concerns with getting Cubic zirconia instead of the moissanite they paid for. If there is enough interest we could probably bulk order from a reputable vendor. If you do ever decide to make a $5000 vape I might be interested in 5 or so years haha.

I experimented with that approach years ago.
Using moissanite or diamond or some super exotic bead was my second idea, right after the idea of just adding a ton of beads to increase the surface area.

Realistically it's not something you would even want.
That many of them just sucks all the heat out of the housing super quick and ruins all the heat retention.

No bueno.

1HitterQuitter

The universe has aligned and its time for a new vape right this moment. Dropped my TM2 one too many times.

Really close to purchasing a screwball, but put off by having to buy a microdosing bowl or wait 4 weeks for their new micro pre-order. Was also considering a quartz cap, but the process seems a bit unrefined having to handle glass with metal tongs.

@invertedisdead Having been in the vape game from early conception starting with lightbulbs and soldering irons, I really like what your doing here. I feel the true cutting edge frontier of vaping is efficiency and a inert non-metalic vapor path.

Would really love to get my hands on a 14MM ZX. I noticed the ship date for the pre-order is next week, is that still accurate? Reason I'm asking is that the wife is pushing to order a replecement vape as our old mighty backup isn't cutting it and I don't know if I can wait 2-3 weeks more to make a decision. If they're shipping out within a week or so, I'll order one right away.

greenganja

The universe has aligned and its time for a new vape right this moment. Dropped my TM2 one too many times.

Really close to purchasing a screwball, but put off by having to buy a microdosing bowl or wait 4 weeks for their new micro pre-order. Was also considering a quartz cap, but the process seems a bit unrefined having to handle glass with metal tongs.

@invertedisdead Having been in the vape game from early conception starting with lightbulbs and soldering irons, I really like what your doing here. I feel the true cutting edge frontier of vaping is efficiency and a inert non-metalic vapor path.

Would really love to get my hands on a 14MM ZX. I noticed the ship date for the pre-order is next week, is that still accurate? Reason I'm asking is that the wife is pushing to order a replecement vape as our old mighty backup isn't cutting it and I don't know if I can wait 2-3 weeks more to make a decision. If they're shipping out within a week or so, I'll order one right away.
You would be very happy with the ZX. I own a ZX and it ended up becoming my daily driver. Ryan has the new three position zx bowl now, which allows you to choose from 3 different depths. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to get your hands on a ZX.

coolbreeze

Is the ZXL still smooth enough to use on j-hooks like the ZX? Or does the extra heat mass require larger pieces?
This was about 500f, flavor was amazing and the temp comfortable. Highly recommended!
IMG-0387.jpg

Edit: Heck even this is tolerable:
IMG-0391.jpg

Last edited:

Itachi

Send me an email if you're serious about that upgrade, I'm sure we could work that out :wave:
Are we talking about the inserts here or using moissanite instead of zirconia?

I also vote sapphire over SiC.

RedZep

I just got a Quartz cap this last week. It's great but it's a supplementary vape imo. I would hate it to be my main driver, just from refilling lighter constantly, never mind anything else.

ZX is godly

greenganja

Any chance you could change something on the design of the new bowl so that it will fit on china glass as well?
No t trying to be a dick here, but the zx bowl fits fine on all of my glass with no wobble at all. Most of my glass is American blown glass. However, I do have a Toro Micro 7 to 13 knockoff from DH Gate and there is no wobble on that piece with the zx bowl.

coolbreeze

No t trying to be a dick here, but the zx bowl fits fine on all of my glass with no wobble at all. Most of my glass is American blown glass. However, I do have a Toro Micro 7 to 13 knockoff from DH Gate and there is no wobble on that piece with the zx bowl.
It's sort of inconsistent for me. It fits most of my pipes, but it has more trouble with hand-formed joints on high quality American glass than my China cheapies. Otoh, it fits the dewer on my rbr which is really nice. Love the low profile but a longer joint should be able to improve the fit without being too obvious and screwing up the aesthetics.

1HitterQuitter

I just got a Quartz cap this last week. It's great but it's a supplementary vape imo. I would hate it to be my main driver, just from refilling lighter constantly, never mind anything else.

ZX is godly

This was one of the main factors in considering the cap as a daily. Repeating that process looks tiresome. Its cool if you only do two or three bowls a day. Not something I would want the wife to fiddle with either.

After owning countless devices, I've come to the conclusion that I REALLY don't like heated metal in my air path. The ZX is just 5-10 years ahead of the curve, all this titanium and stainless stuff will be looked at as equivalents of smoking out of aluminum foil in the future.

RedZep

This was one of the main factors in considering the cap as a daily. Repeating that process looks tiresome. Its cool if you only do two or three bowls a day. Not something I would want the wife to fiddle with either.

After owning countless devices, I've come to the conclusion that I REALLY don't like heated metal in my air path. The ZX is just 5-10 years ahead of the curve, all this titanium and stainless stuff will be looked at as equivalents of smoking out of aluminum foil in the future.
It's honestly worth getting a quartz cap. It will be different to everything else in your rotation, and will be fun to use when you are in the mood for it. I just don't think it's a good candidate to be someone's main driver. Atleast for the hobbiests like ourselfs. You get a lot of bang for your buck, especially if you already have the right torch. It's no comparison to something like the ZX though all things considered.

EasyVape

From what I can see reading the forum, dry herb enthusiasts are way more interested in induction heated metal vapes than a wireless ZX.
IMO, the interest stems from the recent improvements in efficiency. So if a titanium vape has a ton of gems, can be driven at a lower temp by virtue of it's design and the bowl is glass + metal screen, the indifference point between ceramic and metal becomes much closer. I think in practice the ceramic still wins my reach test, but always curious to see what you come up with.

TedJones

I would hate it to be my main driver, just from refilling lighter constantly
Agree. The dedicated coil on mine gives me some fuel savings :lol:
I've come to the conclusion that I REALLY don't like heated metal in my air path.
The ZX does though with the SS screens holding the balls. Guess it’s minimal but would also suggest a glass heater device as well for the experience :tup:

howie105

Any chance you could change something on the design of the new bowl so that it will fit on china glass as well?
My china glass often gets a few o-rings (3/8” ID, 1/16” wall thickness) on the male portion of the bowl, it helps shim and stabilize the bowl. If I bought quality glass, I wouldn't have to do this, but I'm supporting a VAS habit.

TedJones

Any reasons not to not torch the ZX screen while it's still in the bowl? In order to clean it?
Don’t see why not. I actually shoot a very small flame for no more than 1.5 seconds (without screen), then swab w/ iso/ & rinse for quick bowl cleaning. Bowl does get hot (without rings)! So would recommend holding with gloves or tongs.

EasyVape

I use a Storz & Bickel brush with the bristles cut about half way for stiffness. I dip the bristles in iso, flip the bowl upside down and spin/rotate the brush while I swab the screen and bowl. This gets the buildup along the edges and just requires a quick rinse with hot water. If your tap water is hot enough and you have good water pressure you could try just using hot water and pressure.

1HitterQuitter

Yeah I'm lacking a conduction vape. I have my doubts about it. I used to get decent conduction effects from Volcano Hybrid on whip mode. However taste suffers, and you burn off Cannabinoids and terps while you are not hitting it. I also had the strong impression that conduction highs don't last as long.

Having said that I would really like to have a high quality conduction vape (unicorns) to confirm these aspersions. I don't have anything in my line up that offers any significant conduction.
The sublimator was the ultimate conduction vape, used it for 8 years straight. The bowl was ripping hot and you could literally see the terps burn off the moment it was loaded. I can confirm, stoney highs where much shorter lasting. The amount of reclaim it produced was insanity.

About to place an order for the ZX. @invertedisdead Any updates for the preorders? 🙏

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Howdy friend I appreciate your interest, theres a bunch of veteran vapers in here who have put the ZX at the top of the pack, I definitely think it would be up your alley.

That said things are running quite a bit behind, they definitely won’t be ready in the next week or two. It’s just the effect of a super small batch product, I only make a few dozen at a time.

I hope a ZX finds a way into your future!

Are we talking about the inserts here or using moissanite instead of zirconia?

I also vote sapphire over SiC.

it was about using Moissanite beads.
I was just being kinda jestful on the price of that as I haven’t looked into it in quite a few years.

But real moissanite beads wouldn’t be that great in a wireless setup anyways. There’s certainly a lot more efficient ways to produce a superior result. It plays on the “more is better” trap, which is true in some cases, but for example on the contrary I find that great flavor is achieved through slower, more gentle heat transfer.

I’d be interested in hearing more opinions about the how widespread this is.

I do have one import rig that the bowl wobbles on, but it has an absolutely terrible joint. The bowl still seals though, I used to use it because it cools well and has great airflow from being such a tiny piece.

Any reasons not to not torch the ZX screen while it's still in the bowl? In order to clean it?

I think it’s going to smell like hash if you did that 😄

As you can see everyone has their own method, and mine is different from the other owners too.

I pop the screen out with a cleaning brush while the bowl is still warm, run a cotton swab or two through the bore (you can dip an end in alcohol if you want for extra cleaning power) and pop in a fresh screen.

Others never remove their screens, honestly whatever you find easiest to do is what I would recommend, as a clean screen is extremely important in the ZX for achieving proper convection and keeping the airflow comfortable.

Top Bottom