Phase3 Vaporizers

RedZep

I'm honestly not sure, it's always hard to gauge interest in this stuff.

I can't say there's been a ton of people asking for them, but a lot of people bought wireless vapes from other companies so maybe I was supposed to just release them.

Funny you ask though 'cause I just redesigned the ZXWireless two nights ago from the ground up and it's looking super nice!
Would be a fun project to do if enough people wanted to support it.
Can you imagine the sheer elegance of a wireless ZX with the low profile of the ZX bowl. Would be hard to beat.

EasyVape

If people feel this is a widespread issue (I only recall one other person really mentioning it to me but maybe it is)
then the new 3 position bowl could get the joint extended for an additional 50% engagement.
That would be great because I have concerns about the bottom o-ring cutout on the new 3-position bowl getting set too low and not allowing the joints to get a good seal on certain heady joints.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Can you imagine the sheer elegance of a wireless ZX with the low profile of the ZX bowl. Would be hard to beat.

The new design is really sweet, you guys would dig it for sure.

The other day I had this idea about revamping the product line around them but I don't want to do it if there's not a real interest in them.

The ZXXL was a test for the wireless market, in the most popular size. It's been a fairly slow seller so far, though people seem to like this newer take on it so maybe I just need to make cooler stuff again.

I want to build what the real enthusiasts are craving so please folks don't be shy about letting me know.
I'm here to build products for the most serious enthusiasts who really are looking for that superior experience.

That would be great because I have concerns about the bottom o-ring cutout on the new 3-position bowl getting set too low and not allowing the joints to get a good seal on certain heady joints.

Can you show me an example of what type of joints you think would have an issue,

That would give me something to think about.

The last batch of ZX's has the O ring grooves already, so did the ZXL.
I haven't heard about any issues with that but it's a fairly small sample size.

If that was an issue, a longer joint wouldn't resolve it though.

A longer male joint on the bowl would only provide more contact / "engagement" with the female joint of your glass rig, which would help if the female glass on the rig is on the lower quality end.

Maybe it's worth adding. I just don't want to make any changes like that unless it's truly necessary.
I figure most ZX owners are pretty deep into the scene and have pretty nice stuff all around so it's probably less of an issue, but again I'm here because I'm open to feedback. I love testing stuff myself and did so for the first 3 years but I appreciate being able to get feedback and other perspectives from enthusiasts.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm still interested in your take on a butane/induction device!

I’m going to work on it, but with the recent Tempest release it probably makes more sense to wait a while for this one.

Even though they’re totally different a lot of people in that crowd probably aren’t going to make another major purchase for a while.

That said mine should be relatively affordable as that was part of the design goal.

I'm thinking now about buying a wireless ZXXL 🙃

good idea! 😁

5458-EEDF-7-C5-F-4-D04-A123-33305-A434-AF3.jpg

There’s a bunch of quick wireless ZX mods I’ve seen that are all cool and relatively simple!

The real wireless ZX is pretty unique though.

I’d consider it because it’s Phase 3; I still think of wireless as a solution in search of a problem.

To my knowledge I did the first wireless ball vape - originally because my early glass prototypes were hand made and the tolerances are only so accurate by hand, so the coil didn’t fit that great.

I think they’re super fun, and a really nice feeling while you’re using it.

That said I think the “freedom” is maybe a little bit dramatized in my opinion.

It’s still a desktop vape.

But if you mostly vape by yourself and like to do one hitters they’re pretty fun.

It would be cool to do a run of them.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yeah, it's mainly these Dewar joints. I need to ride those o-rings high up to have enough clearance to comfortably grab/clear the bowl. I don't want that lower o-ring too close to the glass can.

Ah okay I see,

On the part, the o ring has about 3MM clearance from the actual joint.

The issue with dewar joints is that the normal glass joints were all familiar with are formed on smaller diameter tubing than the joint size themselves.

For example, an 18MM glass joint is formed on 16MM tubing.

This is the exact opposite of these bowls which get larger above the joint, rather than smaller like a glass part. For most glass it’s no issue, however this can create clearance issues with dewar seals.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Would the new handle design get hot if the heater is left on for a while? Also would the bowl still be 20mm or a different screen size? What other materials are you looking into for the balls? I'm loving the updates so far!

It's still undergoing some testing to determine that.

It might still end up with a wooden handle but I'm trying to give it some cool flare and make it a special piece.

Bowl screen is still currently at 20MM.

No other bead material considerations at this point, just sapphire or SiC.

Thanks so much for your support and patience.

I just want to make something really cool for you guys cause I don't really know how many more of these zirconia desktops will be made.

Hopefully people dig it and they catch on but if not at least I can say I made something to be proud of.

Forgot to mention that I'm also still very interested in your concentrate ideas. Wireless ZX does sound quite appealing as well, but I can't say for certain that I would buy one.

Thanks, new P3 concentrate gear just landed yesterday for testing so we'll see how that goes!

I also just drew up a new design last night for a budget friendly coil caddy / wireless heating station.
I think it's a unique take compared to everything else I'm seeing and seems like something that could possibly integrate well into my future lineup.

I finally just went for it and ordered a bunch of new stuff last night for testing, trying to get back into the game.

Here's what's on the list -

PHASE3 Ergonomic Coil Handle [finally; I've been talking about this for way too long]

PHASE3 MAKO2 Thermodynamically Optimized Cooling Stem [For 8MM vapes - Anvil, Tempest, Dyna, TA, ETC]

PHASE3 Coil Caddy [Lite - Wireless Heating Station]

PHASE3 Thermodynamically Optimized 8MM Vaporizer in Full Conduction and Hybrid versions, plus its own custom designed stem.
This is my take on the one hitter category, over 4 years of concepts all condensed down into one device. Butane and IH compatible.
These heaters can also be paired with the Mako2 for more aggressive cooling.

And here's a bit of an unexpected one.
Had an idea yesterday, not necessarily a new idea, but a new take on one of my older concepts, the InVection Vaporizer.
I'm sure everyone can guess what that stands for.
Knocked out the entire vape design in one afternoon, from scratch.
Brand new turbulence promoting high surface area heater.
Brand new bowl design.
This one is specifically designed for people who vape through water / glass.
It's not versatile like the Tempest, but it's been highly specialized for ease of use, cleaning, and big one hitters through glass.
This would also be torch compatible as well.

dtrdrk

Thanks Ryan,
ill measure it. But i guess its the glass then. It is from china. Thinking of a practical solution im wondering if maybe a high temperature heat shrinking tube might work? How hot does the lower part of the bowl become during usage?

And sorry for being a d#ck in my previous post. I just lost my patience and im an impulsive adhd monster. Hope you did not take it personal. Was not meant that way 🤷‍♂️

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
My vote would be sapphire, for no reason other than I have 0 sapphire powered devices. I would be happy with SiC too, I have a few SiC infused quartz beads I love to use in my slurpers/towers.

I haven't seen SiC infused quartz, who is making that? I'd like to see that, it sounds like a project I was trying to do for a while, but I couldn't find anyone who could make what I had in mind.

Thanks Ryan,
ill measure it. But i guess its the glass then. It is from china. Thinking of a practical solution im wondering if maybe a high temperature heat shrinking tube might work? How hot does the lower part of the bowl become during usage?

And sorry for being a d#ck in my previous post. I just lost my patience and im an impulsive adhd monster. Hope you did not take it personal. Was not meant that way 🤷‍♂️

No worries, it's all good.
I'd be bummed if my ZX stopped working too.
I appreciate your patience and cooperation,

Thanks for rocking with me, it's not necessary but I appreciate your apology.

One love! :leaf:

hotmeals

Serial vapist
Thanks, new P3 concentrate gear just landed yesterday for testing so we'll see how that goes!
I finally just went for it and ordered a bunch of new stuff last night for testing, trying to get back into the game.
Hell yeah!
I also just drew up a new design last night for a budget friendly coil caddy / wireless heating station.
This is something I would potentially be interested in as well
But i guess its the glass then. It is from china. Thinking of a practical solution im wondering if maybe a high temperature heat shrinking tube might work?
In my experience this is fairly common with China glass, but it usually still seals fine. D-Nail has PTFE joint protectors that might do the trick, but I've never used them myself and I have had pretty bad experience with their customer service.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I haven't seen SiC infused quartz, who is making that?

Two things I should know better than to speak loosely on; electrical engineering and chemistry. I’m referring to crystalline SiC and/or Diamondium offerings from D-Nail. I’m not sure if either is SiC infused quartz, but it popped in my brain somehow!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Two things I should know better than to speak loosely on; electrical engineering and chemistry. I’m referring to crystalline SiC and/or Diamondium offerings from D-Nail. I’m not sure if either is SiC infused quartz, but it popped in my brain somehow!

Ah okay, yeah that's single crystal silicon carbide.

It's SiC so pure it can grow as a crystal.

Essentially the same idea as sapphire, but with SiC.

In jewelry it's called moissanite.

It was first done by FadeSpace I think back in 2019.

dtrdrk

Thanks for the tip on the d-nail ptfe adapters. They are not available in the eu though. So i bought a ptfe heat shrinking tube that can take constant heat up to 260 degree celsius. Ill let you know if it works out.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
What type of SiC are you planning for the ZXXL?

Ironically it will depend on the final handle design,

The handles have always been the hardest part about this design.
Keeping the ceramic housing just thick enough to attach them, without adding so much extra mass that people have to crank the temp way up to heat it.

Is the ZXL still smooth enough to use on j-hooks like the ZX? Or does the extra heat mass require larger pieces?

It just depends on your heat tolerance, I'm sure @Custom Flower Hardware could crush it no problem :cheers:

If you're vaping like 0.5g in one or two hits it's always going to be a bit warm in my opinion :science:

Just an FYI, but I'd buy the first 14mm wireless...not a fan of 18mm so all I have is 14. Until then, the ZX will be my DD.

The new ZXWireless design is crazy, I hope more people want to see it happen, 'cause ZX lovers would dig it for sure.

It's 1000% PHASE3 style.

add1noob

Ironically it will depend on the final handle design,

The handles have always been the hardest part about this design.
Keeping the ceramic housing just thick enough to attach them, without adding so much extra mass that people have to crank the temp way up to heat it.
Just out of curiosity how much would the price change if we went for single crystal silicon carbide/moissanite? Would it be possible to make that an add on?

Top Bottom