Phase3 Vaporizers

jbm

Puritan here. I would prefer to see Phase3 stick with Zirconia or glass. If I wanted to use titanium I would use my B1 or FT Pro. For me personally the ceramic is part of what makes the zx lineup so attractive. I like like the looks of the black zirconia Produces great flavor and It's easy to keep clean and very durable. There are already so many titanium and stainless ball vapes on the market anyway. That black zirconia is part of what set's the Phase3 brand apart from the rest of the ball vape market. It's a unique look and it looks nice. The ceramic is also a very good insulator for the heat Just my two cents on the subject. Thanks
This. It sort of seems to my business illiterate self that you’re at a weird point. The Z-series seems to me to be your hook into the market. I’m less and less interested in other ball vapes besides my ZX. I own 5, inclusive. I think if you could get this thing out to a wider audience, you’d be set. It seems like you’re on the precipice of catching on. But I think you’re also dealing with the huge bias in cannabis in general towards the THC arms race (at the expense of the entourage effect)I and “I am SO fucked up” as a mission statement. I wish I knew how you could get past that, but everybody seems to be too busy getting wirelessly slapped in their melted face. The market for dry herb vaping would need to expand I think.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
From the business point of view, you can't pursue your dreams if you can't eat. Or live in a van by the river. I love my ZX. You couldn't pay me enough to make me give it away. But my friend, for any business to continue to exist it must grow to the point the business supports itself and the owners. Otherwise it's just a hobby. Which is ok too, it's just a different vibe.

I'm metaphorically in a van by the river. I'm only missing the van 😁 (I'd be stoked with an old dirt bike at this point)

I love what I do, but I just know there's so much potential.

I am extremely interested in these two vaporizer concepts, but more for the pocket vaporizer and that is what will work best in terms of sales in my humble opinion.
It must be admitted that many people now want to create a wireless setup. New users, like old ones.

I also think that there is a deep misunderstanding among people about pure materials like glass and in particular zircon.
It's sad but I spoke with a lot of people through the networks who proved it to me.
Also often what comes out is that they are afraid that the zircon head or bowl will break and they are convinced that titanium is a better option for this reason.

But ultimately it is a very competitive sector, particularly for ball vapes. I love my ZX so much that I plan to buy a backup of the ZX and Zbol next month as soon as I get my paycheck.
As long as the presale is still open 🤟🏻

I believe that it's a common concern as I still get emails from people who are skeptical because they already have a broken zeal or read about it somewhere. Those reports tarnished the reputation of the material for sure. I have to wonder if they were truly even zirconia.
Ceramics manufacturing definitely takes more due diligence work than sourcing metal parts.
There's not a ton of shops in the entire world that even have the capabilities of producing these, it's highly specialized.

I agree the pocket friendly IH ready vape seems like my best dry herb option as far as mass appeal.
My thing is I love these obscure puritan heavy hitting desktops and always want to keep improving them.
I've been a desktop guy since I started, so I still resonate highly with these vapor cannons :D

The downside of specialization is it cuts into the margins, add on top that you self-fund R&D that others can then realize downstream value with cuts the margins again, from a price-point perspective. Diversifying the product line, including materials and forms that lend themselves to a better margin return makes heaps of sense. I know that can feel cheap to someone who prides themselves on the craft, but if it can help offset R&D investment, it can maybe even help you push further on your higher priced/lower-margin items. :2c: :peace:

I like this response a lot, salute friend.

I want to uphold my puritan enthusiast angle, but I have to accept that there's way more interest in budget vapes than 100% medical grade ceramics, at least right now. I know I can provide compelling solutions with these other materials, maybe it's worth trying.
I've built at least four functioning budget metal vape concepts since I started this project, but I've never released any of them to market.

From memories the SX drop was quickly sold out.
I'm not ashamed to say it but I was happy to pay that price.
I would have kept it and not given it to a friend, if it had come with a bowl of the same type as the Zbol but in SS hahaha.

This type of more affordable option seems obvious to me to move your business forward as mentioned in the message before mine.
I'm not talking about doing an SX, but you have a lot of options at your disposal given your talent, and the fact that you ultimately have the best ideas in the game.

There was only 20 SX's made in my backyard in California.
Only 20 Z8's.
Only 50 ZXL's.
Only 50 ZXXLs.

I have to reiterate just how low volume these products truly are.
Most people have not even received their Tempest and they've already sold thousands.
I think that's amazing, but it also speaks volumes that I might be on the wrong path.

I tried to bring the SX back and launched a second preorder for them but it didn't really go anywhere.
At that point the SKO was already available for $40 so there was no market left. Funny thing is I don't think they even sell those anymore.

The original ZXBowl was first prototyped in stainless steel, but it got very hot. I guess there is a lot more interest in conduction and heated bowls and stuff now. I should post the video of when I was experimenting with heated bowls, you guys would get a kick out of that. But the point of this particular vape/thread was always to provide 100% pure convection evaporation, so I never pursued any of these products beyond testing and prototypes. I always figured they are easier ways to get conduction than plugging into a wall. But I started with a pure convection desktop (Vapor Brothers) so I've been on the convection train for a long time at this point. I'm open to making conduction stuff though, I want to grow the brand because my favorite thing is the awesome testimonials I get from people enjoying my stuff, I want to be able to get more of that rush. It's a great feeling.

This. It sort of seems to my business illiterate self that you’re at a weird point. The Z-series seems to me to be your hook into the market. I’m less and less interested in other ball vapes besides my ZX. I own 5, inclusive. I think if you could get this thing out to a wider audience, you’d be set. It seems like you’re on the precipice of catching on. But I think you’re also dealing with the huge bias in cannabis in general towards the THC arms race (at the expense of the entourage effect)I and “I am SO fucked up” as a mission statement. I wish I knew how you could get past that, but everybody seems to be too busy getting wirelessly slapped in their melted face. The market for dry herb vaping would need to expand I think.

I'm at a weird point because my products are stuck in this middle class - too high end to do a volume based sales model, but not anywhere near high end enough to compensate for the low order volume with price. This is the main reason I talk about dropping these.
I can't help but feel that's the market saying "you don't belong here"

It reminds me of how my mother and grandmother loved to go to garage sales.
But anytime they hosted one, they never felt like it was worth it.

But I hate to get rid of them as I feel like they are close to catching on, but I know people who have felt similar feelings in other businesses for 20+ years so I don't want to be unrealistic either. The original idea with the medical grade zirconia was to try and get some crossover from the concentrate enthusiast side as they would never take a metal vape seriously. But a lot of them don't take dry herb vaping seriously either, so it hasn't been an easy conversion lol. I

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It's cool Ryan to have put the new ZX bowl in pre-order!
I shared the link to various people who were interested in Zbol and I also shared it on discord.

Sorry I forgot I even did that (there's a lot on my mind lately) I never posted it here but I was going to the other day :lol:

hotmeals

Serial vapist
One of the main reasons I chose the ZX was not the material itself, but the fact that you knew which material to use and had sound reasoning behind it. I don't mind metal or conduction at all. I'm still very hyped on the possibility of a Phase3 portable no matter what it's made out of.

Axel_420

It looks great, I will pre-order the new bowl later. But first just one thing: do you plan to put other new things in the shop like the handle for example?

I too however agree with the others that it would be interesting to see some of your metal designs, so also to attract new customers who for one reason or another might prefer that material or a certain method of extraction over another. As well as something portable.

I trust you Ryan, I know you can do it.
I continue to love the ZX: so efficient, powerful and flavorful, and smooth!

howie105

Genuine question,

I notice that a lot of my customers still use metal vapes and very very few are truly strict glass/ceramic puritans.

Would you like to see PHASE3's take on a metal design?
Material wise, I have no problem with stainless, however an actual purchase would depend on what the part is. One question if you please, do you think the ball vape market is getting saturated? An approaching baller bubble.

MennilTossFlykune

One of the main reasons I chose the ZX was not the material itself, but the fact that you knew which material to use and had sound reasoning behind it. I don't mind metal or conduction at all. I'm still very hyped on the possibility of a Phase3 portable no matter what it's made out of.
This is truly one of the biggest motivations for me to buy the ZX. It's my first (and still only) ball vape and the research and knowhow that Ryan has put into it was really the deciding factor. I was absolutely interested in the novelty of the material and the pure convection, but like @hotmeals says, it was really about the work Ryan put in more than anything.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Placed my pre-order😍 Thanks!

Thanks so much for supporting the Tribe!

I appreciate your trust!

P3 portable is definitely going to happen.

The idea right now is to start with the conduction model and then work up to the hybrid.

I have a great support system here, I just need to be way quicker to market and stop sitting on all these ideas.
I've been way too comfortable with what little I have and just need to get back into it.

Honestly putting more stuff up for preorder is probably the best process for me, when an idea can be funded it creates this necessity to complete it, which is kind of important for me as one who gets lost in chasing perfection.

It looks great, I will pre-order the new bowl later. But first just one thing: do you plan to put other new things in the shop like the handle for example?

I too however agree with the others that it would be interesting to see some of your metal designs, so also to attract new customers who for one reason or another might prefer that material or a certain method of extraction over another. As well as something portable.

I trust you Ryan, I know you can do it.
I continue to love the ZX: so efficient, powerful and flavorful, and smooth!

Thanks a ton for your support friend!
I sincerely appreciate the enthusiasm :leaf:

I'm sort of just free styling right now so forgive me if plans change or things do get added.
The preliminary handle design is finished but it needs to be ordered and tested for function first.

I was trying to get more things put up at the same time, but I recognize that "planning to do a bunch of projects at the same time" traditionally causes me to result in way too many delays. I need to just start testing and shopping ideas as soon as they are ready instead of trying to do too much work all at the same time.

Material wise, I have no problem with stainless, however an actual purchase would depend on what the part is. One question if you please, do you think the ball vape market is getting saturated? An approaching baller bubble.

I know I'm the wrong person to answer that question because I was thinking it was getting a bit saturated a while ago :spliff:

My perspective is different from others because I specifically waited until the Glass Symphony and G43 were both officially off the market before even posting this project, as I was very afraid to step on anyones toes, even with my design being quite different from those.

What it seems like now is if you aren't releasing something all the time you just fall off the map and become stagnant.

This is truly one of the biggest motivations for me to buy the ZX. It's my first (and still only) ball vape and the research and knowhow that Ryan has put into it was really the deciding factor. I was absolutely interested in the novelty of the material and the pure convection, but like @hotmeals says, it was really about the work Ryan put in more than anything.

Thanks so much for your trust friend, it means a lot to see people enthusiastic about supporting these kind of passion projects.

Just put in a pre-order for the new Z-bowl. Hard to believe it could improve on the original. but the multiple shelves add even more versatility to the ZX.

Thanks for rocking with me! This new shelf design will be easier to install a screen too, which I'm excited about as some people have a little difficulty with that.

Me also. The grooves on the outside to hold the o-rings got me 🙃

It's a cool aesthetic!
I figured I'd bring that over from the ZXL since the idea worked well.

I will simply use my other bowls less, which can hold more weed than the Zbol og, when I am looking for a more loaded bowl.
But with this new bowl I could load even more with the lowest positioning.
SICKKKK!!

You'll get a true 33% increase in capacity, it should help fill the void a bit for people who were wanting a ZXL.

I'd still like to do the 16MM ZXL at some point though.

I'm just not sure if it's foolish to keep making and designing wired desktops if wireless is really that big.
It's hard for me to tell because when I posted the original wireless ball vape years back, I only remember two or three people who were really excited about it.

But now I feel a little left out seeing everybody else has wireless ball vapes to offer but me.
My Electric Sandcastle design was awesome.

namasteIII

If its helpful data I bought the ZX (first and only ball vape (and desktop) + not interested in owning any others) becuase it was designed to be great at microdosing. I also liked the zirconium a lot. I may have bought it if it was another material, but less confidently and excited. I also did really respect Ryan, his reputation and devotion. The fact that it was version 9 and all of the history, refinement and perfectionism was public made me happy to buy something with so much thought put into it. And happy that someone made something with exactly my priorities.

I’m only 1 data point but maybe it helps you to figure out a direction. I really do wish you all the success and hope its right around the corner. Its a shame having a kick ass product isn’t enough in itself.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
ZXXL “Nuclear Capable”

762-DEA89-E71-A-4-CFC-B02-D-C0284395-F869.jpg

CHANGES:

PHASE3 signature slotted intakes and outlets
Reduces bead clogging and provides higher airflow. Allows for 100% metal screen free operation in the heater for a 100% ceramic heat path up top.

New lid design.

Hot Box 360 degree bead insulation - the zirconia wall thickness has been increased throughout the entire housing to provide unparalleled heat retention above, below, and around the entire bead chamber, using the best insulating material on the market.

The PHASE3 difference - we insulate the beads WITH the housing, which provides a steady battery of heat throughout the duration of your inhale ; other companies use the BEADS to insulate their housing, resulting in reduced heat retention and reduced heat transfer.

Unibody ambidextrous zirconia bowl with integrated thermal gapped handle.
Thermal isolation has been applied both axially and radially to reduce the form factor, number of parts, and reduce leverage on your glass

2+1 screen positions

The two positions in the diffuser allow for direct conduction support.

An additional KILLSWITCH slot has been added at the bottom for full convection and over 1+ gram capacity.

ZXXL preorder buyers please vote here if you would like to see this. My manufacturer has been backed up for months due to a large 250,000 pc order for a huge LED client. I’ve had quite some time to play around with this design. If a majority of preorder supporters votes to switch it will be changed and you will receive this updated version. If the majority aren’t in favor the previous model will still be produced. Why change at all? To be honest the last model, although cool, was looking a lot like Cannabis Hardware stuff. I’ve been thinking of ways to make things more PHASE3 as well as improve the product to try and keep it around longer as a flagship product.

As always your thoughts and comments are appreciated.

🏎️

Ryan

coolbreeze

ZXXL “Nuclear Capable”

762-DEA89-E71-A-4-CFC-B02-D-C0284395-F869.jpg
Edit: I'm not sure I understand these:

An additional KILLSWITCH slot has been added at the bottom for full convection and over 1+ gram capacity.
What are the two positions and how do they work? Same with the KILLSWITCH, can you explain it a bit?

I like how the handle has become the anti- o-ring ribs! ; )

CHANGES:

PHASE3 signature slotted intakes and outlets
Reduces bead clogging and provides higher airflow. Allows for 100% metal screen free operation in the heater for a 100% ceramic heat path up top.

New lid design.

Hot Box 360 degree bead insulation - the zirconia wall thickness has been increased throughout the entire housing to provide unparalleled heat retention above, below, and around the entire bead chamber, using the best insulating material on the market.

The PHASE3 difference - we insulate the beads WITH the housing, which provides a steady battery of heat throughout the duration of your inhale ; other companies use the BEADS to insulate their housing, resulting in reduced heat retention and reduced heat transfer.

Unibody ambidextrous zirconia bowl with integrated thermal gapped handle.
Thermal isolation has been applied both axially and radially to reduce the form factor, number of parts, and reduce leverage on your glass

2+1 screen positions

ZXXL preorder buyers please vote here if you would like to see this. My manufacturer has been backed up for months due to a large 250,000 pc order for a huge LED client. I’ve had quite some time to play around with this design. If a majority of preorder supporters votes to switch it will be changed and you will receive this updated version. If the majority aren’t in favor the previous model will still be produced. Why change at all? To be honest the last model, although cool, was looking a lot like Cannabis Hardware stuff. I’ve been thinking of ways to make things more PHASE3 as well as improve the product to try and keep it around longer as a flagship product.

As always your thoughts and comments are appreciated.

🏎️

Ryan
I like the improvements and I think it looks amazing! I'm happy to go with this updated version. :clap::rockon:

Last edited:
Top Bottom