Phase3 Vaporizers

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Would one of the settings on the new bowl hold half what the current ZX bowl holds?

That would be perfect imo. Half the ZX bowl is about 0.075g and exactly one level mini SQP scoop. Also a perfect micro dose.

Yes its exactly half in the upper position and puts the herb a bit closer to the heater for those that like that.

I'm also adding a feature that should make the screens easier to change.

howie105

Do you think this would make a small difference from using the same amount in the current bowl or none at al
I've found that using the first tier (head stop) to position the screen of the ZX bowl significantly improves the experience when using small loads (0.05 g) at low temperatures (365°F). However, be cautious, as it may take a few sessions for the screen to settle and prevent the heater head from flipping out of the bowl easily.

Oden

I'm hoping it will allow me to lower the heater temperature a bit, however, the heater is already fairly close to the herb with the current design.
Yes but it will increase the performance for micro dosing and I could also make bowls with a larger quantity with the lowest positioning of the screen.
This will make this bowl even more pleasant to use on a daily basis.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Do you think this would make a small difference from using the same amount in the current bowl or none at all?

I think if you heat soak the bowl it would put you pretty close to that territory.
The bowl gets hotter as you get closer to the heater which adds some minor temperature support from conduction (not enough for vaporization)

It also reduces convection heat being used to heat the bowl instead of heating the herb.
The ZX was designed to minimize this through various design decisions but you can observe a small difference if you look hard enough.
Mostly if you vape at higher temperatures, as higher temps on the controller/heater means the bowl also gets hotter.

I'm hoping it will allow me to lower the heater temperature a bit, however, the heater is already fairly close to the herb with the current design.

I think the main thing I'd like about having the higher screen position is more consistent dosing when doing really small bowls, as that physical limitation makes it more repeatable.

Yes but it will increase the performance for micro dosing and I could also make bowls with a larger quantity with the lowest positioning of the screen.
This will make this bowl even more pleasant to use on a daily basis.

Yeah I've been vaping lately so I'm kinda curious about the deeper portion :science:

Incredible. Count me in.

Thanks for rocking with the team! (It's just me :rockon: )

Having a great experience with comically small loads with the default bowl and screen. Hard to imagine it could be better but happy to be wrong.

It's the most efficient vape I've ever used!

lluther

i would love to see the ZX evolve into a system like the Screwball, one powerful baller head with smaller bowl options. So I wouldn’t need a ZXL and a ZX (just a ZXL and a compatible ZX bowl), I don’t like running two heaters at the same time, yet I want the ability to change it up. Making the ZXL compatible with a smaller bowl as well, would mean only one device was needed. Anyone else like to see this?

RedZep

i would love to see the ZX evolve into a system like the Screwball, one powerful baller head with smaller bowl options. So I wouldn’t need a ZXL and a ZX (just a ZXL and a compatible ZX bowl), I don’t like running two heaters at the same time, yet I want the ability to change it up. Making the ZXL compatible with a smaller bowl as well, would mean only one device was needed. Anyone else like to see this?
Not for me no. Having a huge overkill head with loads of heat mass, for microdoses does not do it for me. And that is putting it very lightly.

Oden

No, I prefer the small format.
It's more effective and gentle.
It's light to use.
I have a head from a competing brand that I can also use with the 14 injector bowls and I prefer the ZX.
I don't see any use for this larger size.
If I needed a wireless ZXL it would be precisely to use it with larger bowls.
The ZX is already a beast lol

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

I considered it, I guess it just feels a bit clunky to use a huge vape for small bowls and small rigs unless it's just a rather occasional thing.

The 16MM coil ZXL I posted some pages back sort of addresses this.

Realistically the ZX is my flagship product, so the 3 position bowl would potentially bridge that gap better, as more people own a ZX than a ZXL.

Garybuchanen

I considered it, I guess it just feels a bit clunky to use a huge vape for small bowls and small rigs unless it's just a rather occasional thing.

Realistically the ZX is my flagship product, so the 3 position bowl would potentially bridge that gap better, as more people own a ZX than a ZXL.
You know what’s right my friend. It’s good to have open dialogue but you made it small for a reason..this is a big plus for this vape and vapes like it.and why you’re different from every other ball vape. Don’t ever conform 💚

jbm

You know what’s right my friend. It’s good to have open dialogue but you made it small for a reason..this is a big plus for this vape and vapes like it.and why you’re different from every other ball vape. Don’t ever conform 💚
This. I know you have to bidness, but it is going to be really hard to improve on the ZX. It’s good to have a smaller vape that you can use for use cases other than getting completely fucked up. Though that is indeed possible with the ZX, it just isn’t its raison d’etre.

lluther

Well a ZXL with a 3 position bowl has defo peaked my interest :)

fropones

It’s good to have a smaller vape that you can use for use cases other than getting completely fucked up. Though that is indeed possible with the ZX, it just isn’t its raison d’etre.
That's usually how I use my ZX, and it's great for that, too. I still prefer to use the ZX for that purpose, as it's so much more efficient than 18mm/22mm ballers.

dtrdrk

Ryan - i demand from you to take care of my faulty unit! You told me to not post service issues in this thread. Well, how about you do some kind of service. Like any! My unit failed well over a month ago and you just dont give a darn. I do not care what excuse you come up with this time - so dont even bother! I want a tracking number for my replacement coil and after that i want to never have to deal with you again!

dtrdrk,
  • Angry
Reactions: Oden

MennilTossFlykune

Ryan - i demand from you to take care of my faulty unit! You told me to not post service issues in this thread. Well, how about you do some kind of service. Like any! My unit failed well over a month ago and you just dont give a darn. I do not care what excuse you come up with this time - so dont even bother! I want a tracking number for my replacement coil and after that i want to never have to deal with you again!
It's literally one person running this company. Calm down.

RedZep

Ryan replied to your post. Did you get back to him with an email like he requested? If so, you should have kept this communication within the email. Attempting to harm his business reputation over something like this seems over the top, and lacking class imo.

I understand you are upset. You have the right to never give this company your money again. But please try to show some restraint. He is running the whole thing by himself, from designing, testing, ordering, shipping, CS, all while going backwards and forwards between two distant locations due to family health reasons.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I’m sure he’ll be happy as a dog in grass when that sweet vapor machine is humming again 🚂

A reminder that all mass produced electronics have a failure rate. This is maybe the third 220V coil that has failed. Anytime something like that happens it’s completely unanticipated, as these industrial coils have a reputation of working for many years, continuously.

The important thing to emphasize is this has nothing to do with PHASE3; this could and does happen with any coil heated vape you buy, as we all use the same electronics made in the exact same factory.

As far as faster service, yeah I need help with that now. I’ve been extremely honest about the difficulty of finding help with shipping, when I don’t sell enough kits for anyone to take me seriously. With my preorder model it’s usually not an issue aside from these random occurrences.

Hence why my #1 priority in sustaining the business is to release something new with more market appeal. I’ve been totally open and upfront about the challenges I’ve faced in the industry.

Thanks everyone for your support, it means and helps a lot.

💙

greenganja

Alright after experimenting with the wooden bowl by dfreeze. I have now gone back to using the stock ceramic bowl. The wooden bowl is nice. But I feel like the ceramic bowl provides better extraction, bigger rips. My thinking is the ceramic bowl is good at soaking up the heat, thus making it similar to using the all titanium shovelhead bowl with my CH B1 setup. Anyhow I now prefer the stock bowl over anything else. I only wish that the stock ceramic bowl was available in 18.

Garybuchanen

IMG-1825.jpg
IMG-1845.jpg
IMG-1842.jpg

6000+ ft in the air…literally in the clouds ☺️
Zx performed so well. I can take this baby anywhere !! Camped and woke up early and caught the gloomy at first sunrise 💚

Top Bottom