Phase3 Vaporizers

namasteIII

I use CBD flower to mess around with a new vape so that I’m not in outer space by the end
I like this idea, and was very into mixing CBD dominate or type 2s in the past. It’s tough finding great strains though.

Very nice setup you have there. Congratulations on your new desktop vape. You will see lots of different suggestions on temp settings. Anywhere between 450 and 600 are the recommended heat temperatures. I started at 500 myself and wound up settling on 600 for a quick one hit extraction.

Thanks! Yes I started at 500 but think I have to bump it up so I can get full one hit extraction. At 500 I’m like 90 % extraction. Which is fine too considering the tiny amount used.

Try *just* enough to cover the screen. It's like .05 or less. Hell I've put a couple crumbs in there n got a good hit

That’s why I bought this! All my portables are on demand but even they prefer you to finish a multi hit bowl in one sitting or at the least in that day. I’m like at one hit evey 3 hours in the evenings usage. So being able to work with tiny amounts was really important to me. It’s why I had to jump in if this is going to go discontinued, can’t think of many vapes that truely work great with tiny amount.

Question for anyone, does draw speed pretty much not matter? Again with my portables you can overpower the heaters if you rip it. But I think thats sorta the point of ball vape tech is that its got more power than you.

coolbreeze

Very nice setup you have there. Congratulations on your new desktop vape. You will see lots of different suggestions on temp settings. Anywhere between 450 and 600 are the recommended heat temperatures. I started at 500 myself and wound up settling on 600 for a quick one hit extraction.
Some folks were hanging out in the 380s as I recall. I usually run mine at 420 for flavor depending on waterpipe restriction, or 450-60 for a more full one-hit pass. You'll get a more complete one-hit roast above this range but the pure flavor zone is well worth exploring!

Question for anyone, does draw speed pretty much not matter? Again with my portables you can overpower the heaters if you rip it. But I think thats sorta the point of ball vape tech is that its got more power than you.
Depends for me on much I pack and the temperature and pipe restriction. If I want to get a full roast in a long, single hit through a recycler, it requires a higher temp. Otherwise adjust the temp for best results in the pipe you're using at a comfortable, natural draw.

TedJones

I’ve heard there can be variability in temps across different PIDs.
Very true! With the micro DC that came with mine, I have it about 50-60 degrees lower on the readout than if I were using the one that came with my Screwball (depending on vape). Seems like it’s a little beast. Over 450 starts getting the top of herb too dark in my Z bowl :suspicious:

greenganja

I’ve settled in at 520 and it’s pretty perfect. One hit extraction and good flavor. I went as high as 540, but the flavor was suffering up there. This is on the PID that comes in the kit, I think it’s Crossing Tech? I’ve heard there can be variability in temps across different PIDs.
Yes indeed there can be swings in temperature settings across different pid's. When using the pid that came with the zx I find myself right around 600. Lower temps while using it with the Auber pid or my Disorderly Conduction dual.

MennilTossFlykune

I’ve settled in at 520 and it’s pretty perfect. One hit extraction and good flavor. I went as high as 540, but the flavor was suffering up there. This is on the PID that comes in the kit, I think it’s Crossing Tech? I’ve heard there can be variability in temps across different PIDs.
Same for me with that same unit. I find 520 to be the upper limit of flavor retention, even 525 the flavor starts to degrade with most strains I've tried.

sweetherb

Yes indeed there can be swings in temperature settings across different pid's. When using the pid that came with the zx I find myself right around 600. Lower temps while using it with the Auber pid or my Disorderly Conduction dual.
Wow, that seems crazy high to me. I am also using the PID that came with the bundle, but have settled on 470f. I'm guessing the high temp is for small one hitters?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Hello everyone.
I'm asking for confirmation but on the phase 3 site the ZX [14MM] Plug-&-Play Bundle seems available for pre-order.
Or is it an error?

For the next batch will the ZXbol have the changes to adjust the screen?

It was an error from a predetermined option in my store settings to automatically revert to preorders when the inventory reaches zero.

They aren't listed individually on my website so I sort of forgot about them, but checking my inventory I have like 40 temperature controllers still in storage, so the current thought is leaving up the preorder page up for the ZX to try and do one more run to clear those out as it would surely take forever for me to sell that many PIDs by themselves.

I also have a number of plug and play kits that are only missing the bowl as I had to scavenge some to fulfill some orders, so it would be nice to get some more bowls so I can clear those kits out and offer some as extras/replacements for existing ZX owners.

As far as the 3 position bowl, I haven’t decided that for sure. If one of these wholesale orders came in that would give me a reason to try another batch. I had three inquiries for wholesale orders last week, that said nothing has been confirmed at this point. I kinda want to do a batch of these bowls for the deeper bowl option as I'm curious to see how it would compare to the ZXL.

Wow, that seems crazy high to me. I am also using the PID that came with the bundle, but have settled on 470f. I'm guessing the high temp is for small one hitters?

The glass pairing has a noticeable effect - tiny dry pieces like a Jhook can be run really low as the flow rate is so high, basically a direct inject; whereas bigger, more chuggy tubes; especially ones with lots of water or multi percs tend to like higher temps, as the extra drag changes the airflow through the heater.

My Z8 for example has 4MM sapphires so the airflow is always very open, even through larger beakers; but the trade off is needing to run the heater at higher temperatures.

Same for me with that same unit. I find 520 to be the upper limit of flavor retention, even 525 the flavor starts to degrade with most strains I've tried.

One thing I find interesting about the ZX is it's pretty efficient as far as the processing goes, so even small changes in set temperature show observable differences. I remember some of my earlier designs where the temperature increments were more like 50 degrees, especially my glass/quartz ones - it was super challenging to get the perfect coil fitment on those.

Arbornaut

@invertedisdead

Hey! Just wondering when the ZX went to zero? I ordered and paid for the plug and play kit when it still said they were available to order now on Friday. I didn’t even realize they were running out, so hopefully I made the order in time! 🤞🏻 I’m either very lucky or very unlucky in this situation right now 😅 lol

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@invertedisdead

Hey! Just wondering when the ZX went to zero? I ordered and paid for the plug and play kit when it still said they were available to order now on Friday. I didn’t even realize they were running out, so hopefully I made the order in time! 🤞🏻 I’m either very lucky or very unlucky in this situation right now 😅 lol

Sorry friend I was going to drop you an email when I'm caught up on my inbox and DMs, but it looks like you beat me to it on here.

Everything in the store is currently sold out now.

If you'd like to hold out for one I have a number of kits on hand just needing a bowl.
If you'd prefer a refund please reach out with your order number and I can assist you with that.
As always no obligations, I apologize for the confusion and appreciate your support and interest in P3!

I, too, join the others in showing my interest in the bowl for the ZX with multiple positions where to place the screen. I would like there to be three, as you had thought before. I would buy it immediately!

I will try to post an order page for that accessory this week. I'm down to support the line as long as I can as always if the interest is there.

Trying to evaluate my options.

More to write/say but I've got rain coming in under my front door right now so back to mopping!

I will try to post an order page for that accessory this week. I'm down to support the line as long as I can as always if the interest is there.

More to write/say but I've got rain coming in under my front door right now so back to mopping!

I'd buy an adjustable bowl, or you can take inspiration from Qshop's adjustable bowls where the screen is friction-fit so the herb can be at any height, works with glass so I think it would work here?

I'd also buy a ZX head to use it with lol, do have the ZXXL preordered!

Arbornaut

Sorry friend I was going to drop you an email when I'm caught up on my inbox and DMs, but it looks like you beat me to it on here.

Everything in the store is currently sold out now.

If you'd like to hold out for one I have a number of kits on hand just needing a bowl.
If you'd prefer a refund please reach out with your order number and I can assist you with that.
As always no obligations, I apologize for the confusion and appreciate your support and interest in P3!

That’s ok! I sent an email with my order # for you with more details but I don’t mind waiting. The website estimates they will be shipped September 1st, so if accurate that is not too long of a wait at all. Thanks! 🙏🏻

Oden

@invertedisdead Could you respond to your emails quickly please?
I sent you an email because I want to buy one of these bowlless kits that you still have in stock.
It's quite a hurry because I would like to offer it to a loved one.
THANKS

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'd buy an adjustable bowl, or you can take inspiration from Qshop's adjustable bowls where the screen is friction-fit so the herb can be at any height, works with glass so I think it would work here?

I'd also buy a ZX head to use it with lol, do have the ZXXL preordered!

I'm not familiar with their current products, is it just using a basket screen?

I don't really like the basket screens too much as they accumulates debris on the sides and in the mesh of the screen that's hard to brush out after each usage. A lot of the log vapes use them.

Thanks so much for supporting the ZXXL!
I hope to have an update on that one soon.

I’ve been playing around with a new low
profile 25MM coil caddy design that I’m kind of digging. I’m waiting to hear a price on them to check feasibility, I said I wasn’t really planning on doing a wireless heating station, but this new design came to me the other night and came out pretty slick.

Unfortunately to produce the low profile design I don’t think the handle on the ZXXL would clear the top. I guess it’s really more for bangers. I’ll keep playing with it and see if I can find a way to notch some room for the handle.

Stroke, stroke, stroke, bail, bail, bail. Good luck, be safe and see you on the other side.

It's okay Howie because I'm going down with the ship anyways :lol: 🏴‍☠️

That’s ok! I sent an email with my order # for you with more details but I don’t mind waiting. The website estimates they will be shipped September 1st, so if accurate that is not too long of a wait at all. Thanks! 🙏🏻

Thanks friend I’ll shoot you a reply this morning, I can’t say the estimates on my website are historically accurate 😅 but I can say that everyone I know of is always glad they waited.

I’m really happy the Z’s are so well received by passionate enthusiasts, even if I don’t sell as many of them as I wish, it’s a great feeling to know people find joy in my ideas. It’s still surreal how big this little ruby ball vape idea has become.

@invertedisdead Could you respond to your emails quickly please?
I sent you an email because I want to buy one of these bowlless kits that you still have in stock.
It's quite a hurry because I would like to offer it to a loved one.
THANKS

Cheers friend I’ve seen your message, thanks for reaching out 🙏

add1noob

Thanks so much for supporting the ZXXL!
I hope to have an update on that one soon.
Are you considering adding three screen levels to the ZXXL like you were talking about for the ZX Bowl. It would be nice to have something like a .5g, .25g, and then a .1g option. Also will there be an option to add more screens like the add ons you have on the other listings?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Are you considering adding three screen levels to the ZXXL like you were talking about for the ZX Bowl. It would be nice to have something like a .5g, .25g, and then a .1g option. Also will there be an option to add more screens like the add ons you have on the other listings?

Not on the 25MM because it's a diffuser, so the bowl depth is going to be more shallow compared to my injectors.

Also because people have been saying they want to see more conduction, so I limited the screen depth to the recess depth that the bowl sits inside the ceramic heater. That said, conduction in this regard will be more for "temperature support" - it's still very much a hot air extraction and designed to bias pure pristine flavor.

No option to add more screens, I'm going to send them out with a ton as it's a special project and it's the least I can do to thank everyone who preordered. If anybody wants to add an extra bowl just drop me an email and we can figure that out.

Speaking of preorders, the remaining ZXXL's that aren't claimed in a preorder will be going up to $550.
I haven't chosen a cut off date yet as I've been busy thinking about a bunch of other things but it's probably coming up pretty soon.

Also I just received a quote for my 25MM coil caddy / wireless heating station and it's within the range of having a unique value in the market so that gives me something to think about.

As I mentioned above the only snag is I don't believe it would fit the ZXXL, right now it's more so for bangers.
I think I could invert the design (my true expertise :D ) but it would probably be a lot more expensive to manufacturer.
I was trying to do something cool/sleek/low profile - kinda my theme, but more budget friendly than some of the other "premium" options.

What type of balls are these in this ZX head? They're not rubies. I recall they were changed, but I can't remember to what. They appear to be clear. I can't take off the lid because I haven't cut it off yet. Also what size are they??

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
What type of balls are these in this ZX head? They're not rubies. I recall they were changed, but I can't remember to what. They appear to be clear. I can't take off the lid because I haven't cut it off yet. Also what size are they??

Howdy friend, the current Z line is all using 3MM white sapphires just like the original InVerzion vaporizer on page one of this thread/journey.
My first 3 years of glass/quartz designs posted in here I called "sapphire evaporators"

Then I discovered zirconia ceramics, started PHASE3 and renamed this thread.

It's the exact same material composition as ruby (single crystal aluminum oxide) but without the chromium content.

Red rubies look cool in a glass vape, but you can't really see them in any of these opaque ballers unless you turn your flash on so I switched back to white sapphires.

Zagala

It’s been a week now since I received my ZX. This is truly a fine device, I think, and I am grateful I could afford one. I am happy it may be around for sometime and I look forward to getting a back up. I was not interested in these PID based ball vapes but this one. It will be a good companion to my ‘pen ball vapes’ and logs - I like the bowl compatibility with my 14mm SS and glass Male GTRs (by Alan toasty top). I have been using it within 420F-495F but I like it better within 485F-495F, dry with j hooks, j hooks attached to an ash catcher or small glass piece. I was surprised how at 420F I get cool terpy hits that got me pretty medicated. I like the zirconia bowl but I also like the custom glass bowls ( I purchased separately a couple a year or two ago when I had a Couchlog and using with my GTRs now). Still testing and discovering and it does look like that it will be used daily, hence the need for a back up.

Thank you, Ryan for this great piece - I love how light it is! - and for committing to keep it alive for our enjoyment.

Cheers all.

greenganja

Instead of using a 14 to 18 adapter, I purchased a wooden bowl from the Dfreeze website to use with my 18 mm bong. The Z bowl by Dfreeze is specifically made for the ZX vape. in cocobolo wood. The Z bowl works great. The injector head fits nice and snug, but loose enough that the injector head comes out without pulling the bowl out with it. These are good bowls if you ever need a bowl for the zx they are made in both sizes 14 or 18.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It’s been a week now since I received my ZX. This is truly a fine device, I think, and I am grateful I could afford one. I am happy it may be around for sometime and I look forward to getting a back up. I was not interested in these PID based ball vapes but this one. It will be a good companion to my ‘pen ball vapes’ and logs - I like the bowl compatibility with my 14mm SS and glass Male GTRs (by Alan toasty top). I have been using it within 420F-495F but I like it better within 485F-495F, dry with j hooks, j hooks attached to an ash catcher or small glass piece. I was surprised how at 420F I get cool terpy hits that got me pretty medicated. I like the zirconia bowl but I also like the custom glass bowls ( I purchased separately a couple a year or two ago when I had a Couchlog and using with my GTRs now). Still testing and discovering and it does look like that it will be used daily, hence the need for a back up.

Thank you, Ryan for this great piece - I love how light it is! - and for committing to keep it alive for our enjoyment.

Cheers all.

Thanks so much for supporting the vision, I’m so happy the ZX is finding a place in your lineup and leaving a great impression!

Instead of using a 14 to 18 adapter, I purchased a wooden bowl from the Dfreeze website to use with my 18 mm bong. The Z bowl by Dfreeze is specifically made for the ZX vape. in cocobolo wood. The Z bowl works great. The injector head fits nice and snug, but loose enough that the injector head comes out without pulling the bowl out with it. These are good bowls if you ever need a bowl for the zx they are made in both sizes 14 or 18.

Folks should definitely check out those Dfreeze accessories!

Speaking of accessories I've been messing around with another universal vape stand idea and back to tinkering on my coil handle.

Might try and roll them out with the 3 position zirconia bowl if folks wanna try out some new PHASE3 stuff and save on shipping!

Lots of projects on the table but could be a cool option and would be compatible with most other ball vapes.

RedZep

Thanks so much for supporting the vision, I’m so happy the ZX is finding a place in your lineup and leaving a great impression!

Folks should definitely check out those Dfreeze accessories!

Speaking of accessories I've been messing around with another universal vape stand idea and back to tinkering on my coil handle.

Might try and roll them out with the 3 position zirconia bowl if folks wanna try out some new PHASE3 stuff and save on shipping!

Lots of projects on the table but could be a cool option and would be compatible with most other ball vapes.
Would one of the settings on the new bowl hold half what the current ZX bowl holds?

That would be perfect imo. Half the ZX bowl is about 0.075g and exactly one level mini SQP scoop. Also a perfect micro dose.

Top Bottom