Phase3 Vaporizers

Can anyone recommend a good starting temp or temp range for the ZX? I’ll be using the PID that comes with the plug and play kit.

Also, what is the heatup time like? Is it really fully ready to go in 5 minutes? I’m used to log vapes where they are maybe usable in 5-15 minutes, but still benefit from a longer heat soak.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Temps wise I would start at ~450f and feel your way from there. This is with an auber.

I honestly can't imagine life without a phase 3 head these days. I got my first in October '21 with the 1.7 and, apart from a few months with a ceroma due to breakage it's been phase3 / inV ever since. Now that I have 3 nearly unbreakable phase3 heads I can't see that changing any time soon.

Thanks Ryan, you've completely changed the game for me.

coolbreeze

Can anyone recommend a good starting temp or temp range for the ZX? I’ll be using the PID that comes with the plug and play kit.

Also, what is the heatup time like? Is it really fully ready to go in 5 minutes? I’m used to log vapes where they are maybe usable in 5-15 minutes, but still benefit from a longer heat soak.
I'd start around 450f and try both directions. Closer to 400 is pure flavor with a golden roast but there's a sizable range where the flavor will stay good even as you reach a true one-hit clearing. It is quick, I think it would be ready in 5 but I usually give it 10.

I honestly can't imagine life without a phase 3 head these days. I got my first in October '21 with the 1.7 and, apart from a few months with a ceroma due to breakage it's been phase3 / inV ever since. Now that I have 3 nearly unbreakable phase3 heads I can't see that changing any time soon.

Well said. Thanks from me, too.

RedZep

I would agree with all the advice you have already been given. But add to try it at 600, with about 0.075g and do fast draw, no stirring. It crushes and puts out such nice thick vapour for such a small amount. You can do them back to back a few times before it even needs to recover. Ryan himself gave this tip.

EDIT I do this on a dry j-hook.

Thanks for all the advice! 500f was a decent starting point, but I'll need to play around a bit to find the sweet spot.

First impressions: this thing is great! Love how small and sleek it is. It seems to hit VERY hard for the small amount of material it holds. Nice even AVB. Seemed like the hits were pretty dang smooth too! I have a lot more testing to do, but can already see this one is a winner.

One thing is for sure, I need to grab a handle ASAP. Probably will go for one of Ed's.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
LOVE my ZX, it's my DD.

Thanks for rocking with me friend!

I think it's usable in about 3 minutes but it's definitely good to go after 5.

I usually turn it on, get a glass of water, and grind a fresh one and by the time the bowl is loaded the vape is ready.

Temps wise I would start at ~450f and feel your way from there. This is with an auber.

Cheers my good friend and thanks for being there since the early days, I'm so stoked to have created something you find daily enjoyment from; that is by far the most rewarding part about creating these tools.

I would agree with all the advice you have already been given. But add to try it at 600, with about 0.075g and do fast draw, no stirring. It crushes and puts out such nice thick vapour for such a small amount. You can do them back to back a few times before it even needs to recover. Ryan himself gave this tip.

EDIT I do this on a dry j-hook.

The high temp mini crushers are for sure worth trying. I use the ZX's lower mass agility to change temperatures pretty often.

Thanks for all the advice! 500f was a decent starting point, but I'll need to play around a bit to find the sweet spot.

First impressions: this thing is great! Love how small and sleek it is. It seems to hit VERY hard for the small amount of material it holds. Nice even AVB. Seemed like the hits were pretty dang smooth too! I have a lot more testing to do, but can already see this one is a winner.

One thing is for sure, I need to grab a handle ASAP. Probably will go for one of Ed's.

Cheers friend and thanks so much for sharing your first impressions, I'm stoked that you're digging it thus far!

I apologize for never getting any handles in the store to add to my kits, I had been wanting to complete my own handle design but it kinda got put off for time working on more functional concepts.

Cheers everyone, I have three plug & play kits and three kits without PID controllers left in stock for anyone thinking about going for one of these.

pop2012

I apologize for never getting any handles in the store to add to my kits, I had been wanting to complete my own handle design but it kinda got put off for time working on more functional concepts.
Ooh I'd be interested in seeing your take on a zx handle.

Any updates on the new products you've mentioned? I'm excited to hear more about your butane/induction vape.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Ooh I'd be interested in seeing your take on a zx handle.

Any updates on the new products you've mentioned? I'm excited to hear more about your butane/induction vape.

That one still needs testing, the core concept is done but I haven't ordered samples as I've been researching and considering other ways of attaching the heater to the stem.

The original idea was for a permanent or semi-fixed attachment but maybe that's over complicated, I could just use an O-ring attachment like everyone else.

I do this a lot where I focus so hard on trying to get things perfect and ultimately just move on from these projects rather than just launch and improve over time with more feedback. In reality most of this stuff is really close to being ready.

8MM cooling stem is basically in the same state, though I'm sort of second guessing the demand for this one. I guess I don't see near as many people rushing to upgrade this class of vape anymore like I used to.

Hybrid desktop budget supervape is on pause because I already sell some great desktops currently and I don't think a new one right now is the missing ingredient to growing my brand awareness. I know my supporters would love it though so it would be nice to eventually get it out. I had hoped the company would thrive on just this kind of stuff but in reality I have to be adaptable.

Right now I'm working on new cooling designs.
Thermodynamically optimized water pipes, a Peak dry top, and some new advanced glass cooling solutions. Some wider reach ideas.

I've had some folks reach out asking about ZX and ZXLs - if there's enough demand for more then I would likely run another preorder in the future, but it would be contingent upon that. Right now there's like two 110V ZX full kits and two without controllers left.

Cheers everyone following along, please let me know what you'd like to see and support what you want to see while it's here.

Kind regards and I hope everyone is gearing up for a terpy weekend.

greenganja

600 on the pid will crush a bowl in one hit & takes about 20 seconds. The flavor is pretty terpy at 500 but takes too long to milk up the glass. Maybe 550 will be the balance between flavor and vapor production. The ceramic zirconia bowl holds more than I thought it would. I think the bowl could be less deep would make for a better micro sized bowl. I do like how perfectly the bowl and nozzle mate up to make a good seal. I tried using my CH Hangar base with the ZX but there isn't enough weight in the head to keep it from popping out of the hangar. The aluminum stand that it comes with works just fine. I usually do not prefer aluminum stands with ball vapes because they always tump over or fall out. Because of the lightness of the head unit the aluminum stand is the best option. So far really having fun experimenting with the ZX. I wasn't sure what to expect out of the zx when it arrived. I'm really liking it more than I thought I would. This coming from a person with a
FT PRO, CH B2, CH B1 & CH B0.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
600 on the pid will crush a bowl in one hit & takes about 20 seconds. The flavor is pretty terpy at 500 but takes too long to milk up the glass. Maybe 550 will be the balance between flavor and vapor production. The ceramic zirconia bowl holds more than I thought it would. I think the bowl could be less deep would make for a better micro sized bowl. I do like how perfectly the bowl and nozzle mate up to make a good seal. I tried using my CH Hangar base with the ZX but there isn't enough weight in the head to keep it from popping out of the hangar. The aluminum stand that it comes with works just fine. I usually do not prefer aluminum stands with ball vapes because they always tump over or fall out. Because of the lightness of the head unit the aluminum stand is the best option. So far really having fun experimenting with the ZX. I wasn't sure what to expect out of the zx when it arrived. I'm really liking it more than I thought I would. This coming from a person with a
FT PRO, CH B2, CH B1 & CH B0.

Thanks so much for sharing your impressions!

I had posted a rendering before the last release of a ZXBowl with three screen positions, including a higher and lower shelf for more or less herb, perhaps it could come in a future release.

If there was enough interest for it we could run a preorder for them and guarantee production of that.

That one still needs testing, the core concept is done but I haven't ordered samples as I've been researching and considering other ways of attaching the heater to the stem.

The original idea was for a permanent or semi-fixed attachment but maybe that's over complicated, I could just use an O-ring attachment like everyone else.

Tinkering on the 8MM conduction dominant hybrid vape for the last few hours, it’s now looking finished and ready for prototype testing.
This one needs to move forward as I believe it fills a unique void in this class of handheld butane/induction vapes.

It's been revised to use a simpler/familiar 8MM o-ring attachment system.
That said, while other stems now technically “fit” the heater is really not designed to work with other stems due to level of heat transfer involved.

The Puffco dry top is also done, it just needs some final measurements to confirm the dimensions.

Clapped_r6

It's been revised to use a simpler/familiar 8MM o-ring attachment system.
That said, while other stems now technically “fit” the heater is really not designed to work with other stems due to level of heat transfer involved.
waiting patiently. I've tried my TA3 on a simrell and Vong stems, and they transfer so much heat it's not awesome. Can't wait!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm been catching up on my emails and have had two inquiries in the last week about carrying my ZX.

If you'd like to see PHASE3 products in your favorite store please tell them to reach out - third party distribution could definitely help keep the Z series alive and spread awareness for the brand.

Cheers friends!

Been using the ZX for a few days now and I’m very impressed with it.

This feels like an optimized one-hitter experience. You can feel all the time and effort that went into this design. I love how minimalist and agile it is. The Z bowl is great. Results have been consistent and easily repeatable.

This thing really hits hard for the amount of flower it uses. The flavor is pure and true. But the most impressive thing to me so far is how smooth the hits are. I’m using a Texas Hot Glass Sherlock Shredder that only holds around an ounce of water. Effortless full extraction every time and I don’t have to wreck my throat with a bunch of excess hot air. Ryan really took the time to fully dial it in. Super enjoyable experience.

I was a bit hesitant to jump into coil powered ball vapes, but it hasn’t been too bad to deal with. The quick heat up makes it practical enough to fire it up for a bowl and then turn it off until I’m ready for another. I’m using a fairly thick ceramic mug as a DIY stand. It’s working pretty well on a mood mat, but the very bottom of the mug does get pretty hot. Wondering if there’s something I can add inside the mug to improve the insulation.

Overall, glad I grabbed one of these while they’re still available!

greenganja

This feels like an optimized one-hitter experience.
You nailed it right on the money. This is my favorite device for quick one hit micro dose extraction. I crank it on up to 600 and can do a small pinch size bowl in under 20 seconds suing the Rick Bird Barry Milkball bubbler. And everything comes out and nice and evenly extracted with no stirring involved. Excellent product with the Phase3 ZX.

SockPuppetTheatrics

It’s making me think strongly again about starting a bong company or offering a product line though PHASE3 to address all these cooling needs of enthusiasts worldwide. I know for a fact with this thermodynamics knowledge applied that I can make a better joint tip or cooling bong.
I’m still seeing dimpled glass cooling, which is 100+ year old technology.

Some kind of unbreakable (ideally dry) cooling piece might have a decent market. Apparently the Vestratto Tornado is meant to be used through a bong or rig rather than natively. I mostly vape on my back patio (which is a mix of concrete and stone pavers), and not having to worry about breaking a glass piece would be nice.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again

Top Bottom