Phase3 Vaporizers

coolbreeze

Blueberry Kush in a Ruby Red recycler--cheerZ!
IMG-8181.jpg

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Greetings friends,

Sorry for the delays, my laptop stopped working in the middle of sending out the last round of orders and I had to send it in, it was replaced but I’ve lost all of my files so I’m behind schedule with things and have a lot of computer work to catch up on.

The 25MM was funded and will be seeing at least this round of production. After my computer crash there’s no way it will be completed at all by the 1st of next month but hopefully everybody expected that and is willing to wait a bit.

I’m looking at another way of making the ZXL so it might see a return also.

Great to see the Z tribe blossoming, big ups to everyone supporting the vision and the journey. To the new recruits, thanks for your trust, I hope you enjoy the ride!

Gonna try and come back here soon and respond to more questions and comments but I’ve gotta run right now and wanted to drop a quick update at least cause I know people have been wondering about the ZXXL.

I have just a few 110V ZX kits with and without controllers left in stock. Just one 220V kit left. One glass bowl. Inventory is getting low. Definitely the time to order if you’ve been waiting as new parts are some number of weeks behind. I had to leave California again to take care of things but my close family will be helping me ship out orders, just please bare with me/them as my order processing times will be a little slow. I wanted to try and get a shipping company to help me with this while I was in California but there’s just not enough inventory left to really substantiate the cost right this second. Maybe with the next batch.

Cheers friends thanks so much for your patience and support, and please don’t hesitate to reach out if I can assist with anything. I’m quite a bit behind in emails from my computer crash so please bear with me through this weekend as I hope to get back to everyone and get a lot of tasks completed.

Kind regards to everyone following along,

Ryan

add1noob

The 25MM was funded and will be seeing at least this round of production. After my computer crash there’s no way it will be completed at all by the 1st of next month but hopefully everybody expected that and is willing to wait a bit.
Great news about reaching the funding goal for the ZXXL! Personally, I have no issues with any delays. I prefer that you take the time you need to make the best possible product. Quality is key, and I trust in your experience.

When your computer crashed, did you also lose the files for the ZXXL? If so, this could be a good opportunity for everyone who pre-ordered to chime in with some input on the minor details. For example, ideal capacity for each screen level, stuff like that. I love the design overall and I think the original design already had rounded edges but that’s an example of a minor detail that I would love to have.

Garybuchanen

Really dialing in temps now. Optimal cloud plus flavor temp ~~550
Cash it one and done temp -(580-600 )
Flavor town —440-480
All depends on flower how its grown cured etc of course…regardless at any of those temps you will be ripping clouds.. just blew out the largest cloud I’ve ever gotten from a vape before..it’s funny I’ve got all this glass in storage but my favorite setup right now is an adapter with a silicone whip😂
It hits so hard and it’s also what I like to use when around other people so it’s not challenging to tell people about drawspeed on a certain glass piece.
Will have to do research on the zxl ,this is larger heating element or bowl or mix of both ?

IZ_is

IMG-8181.jpg
Respect, coolbreeze. Complements on a beautiful piece, that looks like magic. It looks like 10mm? Are they, can they be made in 14mm and where, if you would be so kind, might I find the artist? While I'm writing, let me send thanks and good wishes to you for your invaluable input in this forum. You've helped me with knowledge many times over the past couple of years. Kudos.

coolbreeze

Respect, coolbreeze. Complements on a beautiful piece, that looks like magic. It looks like 10mm? Are they, can they be made in 14mm and where, if you would be so kind, might I find the artist? While I'm writing, let me send thanks and good wishes to you for your invaluable input in this forum. You've helped me with knowledge many times over the past couple of years. Kudos.
Hi, @IZ_is, thank you for being so kind! That is an older pipe made by Steve Kelnhofer, the mastermind behind elev8 Glass and Vaporizers. I came across it in a European vape shop a couple years ago and bought it finally. I love his work. It's weirdly organic and very well done. Function is excellent.
IMG-1981.jpg

MennilTossFlykune

Is it necessary to tamp the ZX bowl? I'm finding it doesn't matter, but I could be wrong.
I don't tamp, I may "press" slightly only make sure all the material is in the center so the head isn't sitting on top of any material. Not tamping keeps the air flow as open as is can be through the herb.

Garybuchanen

Is it necessary to tamp the ZX bowl? I'm finding it doesn't matter, but I could be wrong.
As it’s full convection tamping wouldn’t be recommended but honestly I’ve done every which way with the zx so far. One of my favorites is smashing a whole nug into the glass bowl hitting the one time ,then dumping and it should grind up to a fine powder and the massive clouds will follow !
Happy Father’s Day everyone !!
Not a father myself but I’ve been spending the entire day with my dad and fam ..soaking in the love/family…that’s everything right there ? Been walking to the truck and hitting the zx from the rip on my special new portable accessory that I’ve been loving so far 🥰
Anyways moral of the story ..hug your loved ones and say that more often 💚

RedZep

I don't tamp, I may "press" slightly only make sure all the material is in the center so the head isn't sitting on top of any material. Not tamping keeps the air flow as open as is can be through the herb.
This was my thinking. Airflow more open when not tamped, but didn't find any negative performance. Still extracted the bowl easily.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I don't usually tamp. When I do I've noticed the vapour starts a bit quicker and is a bit thicker. This is probably due mostly to the reduced air flow I think, still using my natural draw strength.

I do usually seat the load because I'm mostly filling full bowls. By that I mean leveling the top so that it sits just below the changing diameter point in the bowl. If this gets a small compression I can blow the spent load out of the bowl with a little puff which helps to keep the screen cleaner for slightly longer.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
OK. So I waited months for my zx.... I thought.. Is it worth it. After having it over a week and each time is just as consistent as the last time. So in short I'm gonna say. YES! I am just in awe with the power and flavor of this vape!

Just my 2!

Thanks for your patience, I'm so glad it was worth the wait and that you're enjoying that stellar PHASE3 vapor quality!

At this point the only time I open this site is to check on ZXXL progress, have been in since day 1 and happy to continue waiting as long as it takes! But I also understand running a business. Keeping my fingees crossed 🤞

Thanks for riding for the long haul, lots of cool stuff still on the drawing board!

Just hit my new ZX for the first time.
How much fits to the ridge in the bowl? Because I've just had two thinking they are tiny loads, and it's rocked me. Don't even think I'll be able to test it more tonight. Beyond medicated.

Love not needing to stir. Love the hit being a perfect lungful (diaphragmatic breathing) Love how quickly it changes temp compared to others I've used. Love how I can use it on a dry Sake bottle rig, or a j-hook comfortably. It's just perfect isn't it. Bravo @invertedisdead

Thanks so much for the stellar first impressions, always love blowing some socks off, the ZX has a bit of a reputation for it at this point!

It's hard to say exactly how much the bowl holds as the density of your botanical material will have a large impact on the actual weight amount, but filled to the chamfer it holds .15-.2g comfortably.

@invertedisdead Do you think a wireless ZX would still perform at lower temps? Or would increased temp loss bring it below extraction levels?

There's enough stored heat for a great one hitter but probably not for much of a session type experience.
Just figuring out the ZX fits into my newer CC bowl! A diffuser head works a bit better but this is fun too:rockon:

ZX & Vulcan pull

Thanks a ton for sharing, always love seeing everyones pics and videos! Plus it gives me something to post on the socials besides me snapping lil crushers :D

Totally epic full Z setup for sure, that's definitely the complete expereinZe!

Psa aside I’ve been ripping the zx all week in the work truck..always go for that 120v outlet plug in 😂🫠
Question to keep the z train rolling..what is your suggestion on the cleanest way to vape straight oil ,in this case hash rosin ,out of the zx ? I’ve been doing a bed of flower and topping but I’d love to find the best way to taste all the terps of just the oil .something better then hemp fiber maybe a dish of sorts ?💚🙏

I recently vaped 1/4 oz of rosin using just the ZX.
Best way to do full melt concentrates is to do a screen stack - clean your bowl completely then and add a stack of 6 or 7 screens.
A finer mesh would be even better for this. I actually have some finer mesh screens for the ZX that was sent by mistake that I haven't known what to do with, they're more flimsy so I don't really like them for herb, but they would work well for this.

You'll want to turn the temperature up hot enough to achieve rapid evaporation to reduce the amount of drip-thru. I'd start at 700F and work your way up or down. Interestingly, despite the much hotter air temperatures I find the vapor is still smoother than vaping dry herb.

That said while the ZX is capable of this and is worth experimenting with, I would tend to still tend to recommend a quartz banger for vaping full melt concentrates.

Herb is Phase 3 equipement and oil is the Dnail heater or Erig.

This is an ideal way to go IMHO.

Might change with some PHASE3 concentrate gear :D

I think this vape is the best I've used hands down. Dialing it in at 570f is just crazy extraction, impeccable flavor.

Thanks so much for rocking with us!!
That's the kind of lasting impression I'm trying to leave.

When you buy a PHASE3 product you're tapping into the insight of 12+ years as a hardcore passionate enthusiast of this industry.
Every vape I ever used plays a part in how I approach designing the next generation of products.

Oh thank god, I was starting to think I was the only one that wasn’t rocking the low temps (550f works perfect for two-hit bowls, no charring whatsoever).

I sometimes go as high as 600F with a small rig and a fast hard inhale with a tiny amount of herb.
It's like a 5 second extraction. I can't think of anything else that does it quite like that.

If you finish it in one hit you can approach higher temperatures on the controller as you have the moisture in the herb to buffer the hot air extraction.

I am right at 575f. Perfect one-hit snapper. Really enjoying the ZX. Keeping my tolerance in check with the smaller load size and hitting it all day long.

Love to hear it! That's exactly why I built the 14MM Z8/ZX after building and using 18MM designs all day every day or the first 3.5 years of developing this coil powered ruby ball vape idea.

The smaller load size keeps the tolerance and stash in check as well as mitigates a lot of harshness that can come from vaping more herb at once, for comfortable all day usage without scorching the throat!

The thing that made me want to write something now though was the amazement I feel at how it uses the material up. With any other vape you can pretty much keep hitting it if there is heat and eventually you will get to the end of the flavour and it is obvious the stuff is cashed out due to the taste plus the colour. But with the ZX, I noticed that I pull, I see vapour leaving the bowl into the bong but at some point that will stop entirely and no matter how hard I hit it once it is done, I cannot get anything even though there is still heat over it. With the pure convection, the colour of spent material is really not a great guide especially in the bowl, it still looks pretty green so the inability to shall we say overcook your material is a total boon ✌️

What a fantastic observation to read.

One thing that I find really intriguing as an enthusiast is reasons why people don't like vaporizers, so I try to incorporate solutions to those criticisms in my designs.

Never knowing when a bowl is finished is something that many vaporizers I've used and owned had struggled with for a long time, particularly some of the most popular sellers. It was extremely important to me that the Z line be able to finish a bowl without charring the herb. I find that most vapes struggle to achieve a legit one hit extraction without charring, I see a lot of other devices where people are chasing a 1 hit extraction and end up forcing a big cloud by overcooking and charring the plant material. I always like to say any vape can give you a big hit but a good vape will give you a big hit without burning the unvaporizable plant material. The Z line had to be able to achieve big tasty hits without approaching the "burnt popcorn flavor" so many people dislike about dry herb vaporizers. A lot of considerations about what people don't like about herb vapes went into these iterations over the years.

I used my zx exclusively btw 375 and 430. Got it in February. Read the last page or so here and cranked it to 500 for a few days.

Holy shit.

It's my fault that I haven't prepared any documentation on usage practices for this device. I really could do a lot more with the website.
I'm always working on new ideas and concepts because the problem solving is the fun part of this for me, but I need to devote more time to supporting and selling what I've already created.

I get quite stoney effects at higher temps (550+) it's surprised me in a nice way

I guess I'm a little biased but I honestly try other devices as much as I can and for the amount of herb it uses I genuinely believe it's in the top of the class for heavy effects, particularly for a true 100% pure convection device.

A small pinch at 600F in a tiny dry rig hits way above its weight class for herb amount.

For me the challenge now is finding truly stony genetics anymore as fast growing, easy to trim, high yielding hybrids have dominated the industry here for a while now.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I agree, and I think for those very reasons you mentioned it would be nice to have a copy of the zirconia bowl, but made of glass. Maybe someday there will be a small batch of these?🙏

That could happen for sure, I mentioned it in this thread once but I've been thinking about it for a glass vape design I've been wanting to try for a few years.

I strongly prefer glass. I think it's better ergonomically (loading/unloading, handle), easier to clean, and I prefer being able to see the load.

Glass is just the right size to suck ground flower out of a BCG like a straw. This is not possible with the zirconia chamber due to shorter length and o-rings creating a larger diameter.

I don't detect a meaningful difference in vapor quality. That may be because I set the screen depth in the glass equal to the zirc.

For setting the screen, use the butt of a Storz and Bickel brush to hold the screen from the bottom, and a 14mm joint from the top to set it in place. Very easy this way, easier than the zirc. I have a 14mm glass stopper that's perfect for the job but any 14mm joint works.

The glass bowl is definitely easier to set the screen, though a lot of people had trouble with them not holding so I went to the much more sturdy screen shelf in the ZXBowl. I do sometimes wonder if people have a hard time replacing the screens in the ZX bowl or not. I've installed hundreds of them so it's second nature to me, but I've seen others in my family struggle with it a bit.

The glass bowl does mitigate heat better than the zirconia bowl for longer sessions.
The ZXBowl is more optimized for a quite one hit snap or two.

I think it's easier to clean than the glass bowl as it does get physically hotter which reduces resin sticking to the sidewalls of the bowl.
I would say the zirconia bowl vapes more evenly than the glass since it uses diffuser style heating with the same size diameter from the heater all the way through the bowl.
IMG-8181.jpg

Always rocking the best setups around! Thanks for always showing off the goof stuff friend!!

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOO! I've been thinking about this every day. Thanks for making it happen!

Salute! Thanks for rocking with me!

Great news about reaching the funding goal for the ZXXL! Personally, I have no issues with any delays. I prefer that you take the time you need to make the best possible product. Quality is key, and I trust in your experience.

When your computer crashed, did you also lose the files for the ZXXL? If so, this could be a good opportunity for everyone who pre-ordered to chime in with some input on the minor details. For example, ideal capacity for each screen level, stuff like that. I love the design overall and I think the original design already had rounded edges but that’s an example of a minor detail that I would love to have.

I had to do a remote wipe on my computer since it wouldn't power on, and the company who sold it wouldn't accept anything for repairs without doing so.

I lost all my saved phase3 files but I still have the CAD files backed up. Any input is still a good idea as nothing has been set in stone just yet.
As I've mentioned before I do know the heater handle will end up different because zirconia is a dense, heavy material and it's going to have too much leverage so will end up being a combination of wood and ceramic as the description had mentioned. Anyone with a ZXL bowl knows that zirconia is solid and hefty :D

Great point! I think something dark and dense with a fine, straight grain like ebony, mahogany, or African blackwood would be good.

The handles haven't been finalized just yet but that's about what I've been thinking, something dark to complete the vibe.

Are you still producing 50 25mm units, @invertedisdead?

That's still the plan!

No plan to produce any more than that right now, but as always if the demand stays they will stay.

Really dialing in temps now. Optimal cloud plus flavor temp ~~550
Cash it one and done temp -(580-600 )
Flavor town —440-480
All depends on flower how its grown cured etc of course…regardless at any of those temps you will be ripping clouds.. just blew out the largest cloud I’ve ever gotten from a vape before..it’s funny I’ve got all this glass in storage but my favorite setup right now is an adapter with a silicone whip😂
It hits so hard and it’s also what I like to use when around other people so it’s not challenging to tell people about drawspeed on a certain glass piece.
Will have to do research on the zxl ,this is larger heating element or bowl or mix of both ?

Really enjoy seeing the enthusiasm and excitement, always motivates me to keep making these products.
Thanks for sharing and rocking with the Z Tribe!

I don't recommend it. I sometimes tap the side of my bowl with a finger to level the load out flat but that's about it. It will tamp itself from suction when you draw through it to just the right amount of resistance.

I also don't recommend stirring.

Just a tap or two to the bowl to level things out.

This is what I do as well!

One of my favorites is smashing a whole nug into the glass bowl hitting the one time ,then dumping and it should grind up to a fine powder and the massive clouds will follow !

I sometimes do that as well with really fresh material.

This was my thinking. Airflow more open when not tamped, but didn't find any negative performance. Still extracted the bowl easily.

As long as your airflow isn't compromised you're okay - in my experience the number one performance killer with this vape is obstructed airflow. A really dense pack or a dirty screen are about the only things that can compromise the performance.
I don't recommend stirring as it clogs the screens quickly.

The size of your glass and amount of water used (or not used) has a huge impact on the draw resistance.

Anyways moral of the story ..hug your loved ones and say that more often 💚

Quoted for truth, too many last times come unpredicted, lets spread love while we can.

I don't usually tamp. When I do I've noticed the vapour starts a bit quicker and is a bit thicker. This is probably due mostly to the reduced air flow I think, still using my natural draw strength.

I do usually seat the load because I'm mostly filling full bowls. By that I mean leveling the top so that it sits just below the changing diameter point in the bowl. If this gets a small compression I can blow the spent load out of the bowl with a little puff which helps to keep the screen cleaner for slightly longer.

Very good point and I should probably make a graphic that mentions not filling beyond the chamfer.
Some people coming from diffusers may not know not to fill the bowl all the way to the very top!

If I want to load an extra large bowl sometimes I'll fill it to the chamfer and suck the air out of the bowl by inhaling through my glass piece for a few seconds without the heater attached. Then I can add a little bit more on top of that for a denser bowl without obstructing the airflow.

For some reason the herb does get compacted really well into the bowl even though it's totally spent. Lately I knock it out off the side of a plastic bucket to dislodge the used material. I think the fast extraction time and full convection bias keeps a little more moisture left in the unvaporizable plant material that gets left behind.

Garybuchanen

Anyone ever have issues with the screen on the top coming off ? I will admit I do throw the coil and head around a bit just curious if anyone else ever had that happen..
Just had the most delicious nap from a heavy post zx sesh ! Got up and went for a super low temp sesh on this beautifully grown gmo x root beer..life is good !

RedZep

Thanks for your patience, I'm so glad it was worth the wait and that you're enjoying that stellar PHASE3 vapor quality!

Thanks for riding for the long haul, lots of cool stuff still on the drawing board!

Thanks so much for the stellar first impressions, always love blowing some socks off, the ZX has a bit of a reputation for it at this point!

It's hard to say exactly how much the bowl holds as the density of your botanical material will have a large impact on the actual weight amount, but filled to the chamfer it holds .15-.2g comfortably.

There's enough stored heat for a great one hitter but probably not for much of a session type experience.

Thanks a ton for sharing, always love seeing everyones pics and videos! Plus it gives me something to post on the socials besides me snapping lil crushers :D

Totally epic full Z setup for sure, that's definitely the complete expereinZe!

I recently vaped 1/4 oz of rosin using just the ZX.
Best way to do full melt concentrates is to do a screen stack - clean your bowl completely then and add a stack of 6 or 7 screens.
A finer mesh would be even better for this. I actually have some finer mesh screens for the ZX that was sent by mistake that I haven't known what to do with, they're more flimsy so I don't really like them for herb, but they would work well for this.

You'll want to turn the temperature up hot enough to achieve rapid evaporation to reduce the amount of drip-thru. I'd start at 700F and work your way up or down. Interestingly, despite the much hotter air temperatures I find the vapor is still smoother than vaping dry herb.

That said while the ZX is capable of this and is worth experimenting with, I would tend to still tend to recommend a quartz banger for vaping full melt concentrates.

This is an ideal way to go IMHO.

Might change with some PHASE3 concentrate gear :D

Thanks so much for rocking with us!!
That's the kind of lasting impression I'm trying to leave.

When you buy a PHASE3 product you're tapping into the insight of 12+ years as a hardcore passionate enthusiast of this industry.
Every vape I ever used plays a part in how I approach designing the next generation of products.

I sometimes go as high as 600F with a small rig and a fast hard inhale with a tiny amount of herb.
It's like a 5 second extraction. I can't think of anything else that does it quite like that.

If you finish it in one hit you can approach higher temperatures on the controller as you have the moisture in the herb to buffer the hot air extraction.

Love to hear it! That's exactly why I built the 14MM Z8/ZX after building and using 18MM designs all day every day or the first 3.5 years of developing this coil powered ruby ball vape idea.

The smaller load size keeps the tolerance and stash in check as well as mitigates a lot of harshness that can come from vaping more herb at once, for comfortable all day usage without scorching the throat!

What a fantastic observation to read.

One thing that I find really intriguing as an enthusiast is reasons why people don't like vaporizers, so I try to incorporate solutions to those criticisms in my designs.

Never knowing when a bowl is finished is something that many vaporizers I've used and owned had struggled with for a long time, particularly some of the most popular sellers. It was extremely important to me that the Z line be able to finish a bowl without charring the herb. I find that most vapes struggle to achieve a legit one hit extraction without charring, I see a lot of other devices where people are chasing a 1 hit extraction and end up forcing a big cloud by overcooking and charring the plant material. I always like to say any vape can give you a big hit but a good vape will give you a big hit without burning the unvaporizable plant material. The Z line had to be able to achieve big tasty hits without approaching the "burnt popcorn flavor" so many people dislike about dry herb vaporizers. A lot of considerations about what people don't like about herb vapes went into these iterations over the years.

It's my fault that I haven't prepared any documentation on usage practices for this device. I really could do a lot more with the website.
I'm always working on new ideas and concepts because the problem solving is the fun part of this for me, but I need to devote more time to supporting and selling what I've already created.

I guess I'm a little biased but I honestly try other devices as much as I can and for the amount of herb it uses I genuinely believe it's in the top of the class for heavy effects, particularly for a true 100% pure convection device.

A small pinch at 600F in a tiny dry rig hits way above its weight class for herb amount.

For me the challenge now is finding truly stony genetics anymore as fast growing, easy to trim, high yielding hybrids have dominated the industry here for a while now.
After only a few days, I'm hitting same way you do. No tamp, one and done, no stirring. I'm completely convinced a wireless ZX would work very well. I'll quietly hope such a thing happens one day.

hotmeals

Serial vapist
All this temperature talk has had me wanting to try some higher temps again. Gonna bump it up above 500 tonight and see what happens

Edit:
Tried a few bowls at different temps. 570 is too hot for me with my setup, got a bit of a singe on that one. ~530-550 feels just about right. Not quite as good of flavor as those low temps, but different, and really shortens up the hit, milking the piece hard. Using a 5 or 6 inch many-hole diffuser little thing, dry

Last edited:
Top Bottom