Phase3 Vaporizers

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Tamping is personal preference. I fill a small amount and then I do make sure it's level so a light stir and tamp. I take multiple hits until there is no vapor or it tastes bad and I stir between the hits. I don't believe there is a "best" solution. Everyone is different and using different glass pieces, with different draws, different personal preferences, etc. That's what makes the Z so great works for us all.

Z-Tribe Maddy

Garybuchanen

So many ways to use this amazing device..discovering new ones everyday ! Two new favorites. Smash a whole nug in the glass bowl and vape at 450 or lower for a few pulls. Blow it out crush it to powder and finish at 55-560.
2nd one is my new fav. Just a few sprinkles covering the screen. Temp at 590-600. Massive clouds and you get to watch it vaporize before your eyes ☺️

EasyVape

Blow it out crush it to powder and finish at 55-560.
Personally, I no longer stir or crush the herb and just take it all in one or two hits at 540f. The stirring and crushing always gives me chest tightness from the ultra fine dust particles that get released through the screen(this dust is a form of pollution that irritates the lungs and causes inflammation). To avoid the need to stir with a convection device, I use less herb per load w/higher temp and dump it out after the bulk of the vapor gets released. Since I live in a state that allows home grow for recreational use, I always have a huge personal stash and don't mind being a bit wasteful with it.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It’s worth noting that temperatures will vary for a number of reasons beyond just personal preference. The amount of drag induced in your glass piece has a large effect on the set temperature to achieve the same results.

Also different batches of ZX’s are slightly different, the first ones were a bit longer, the second ones had a shorter coil, and the third ones were shorter and with a taller coil. All of these have minor impacts on the set temperatures. So the numbers are all a good reference point, but it’s worth experimenting around if your experiences don’t completely align with some of the posts you see referring to temperature points.

RedZep

Personally, I no longer stir or crush the herb and just take it all in one or two hits at 540f. The stirring and crushing always gives me chest tightness from the ultra fine dust particles that get released through the screen(this dust is a form of pollution that irritates the lungs and causes inflammation). To avoid the need to stir with a convection device, I use less herb per load w/higher temp and dump it out after the bulk of the vapor gets released. Since I live in a state that allows home grow for recreational use, I always have a huge personal stash and don't mind being a bit wasteful with it.
I half fill the bowl at most, no tamp, high temp, single hit extraction, no stirring, in a j-hook.

Honestly not how I envisioned using it. But I'm loving it.

jbm

Spent yesterday using the OG glass bowl with a cut down @Delta3DStudios screen. It was ok. With the small amounts I use the heater was pretty far from the material. I probably should have bumped the temp from 400F but got decent vapor through a CC Protege v2. Will probably try again today with a smaller glass piece, or maybe I’ll just go back to the ZX bowl.

Garybuchanen

Spent yesterday using the OG glass bowl with a cut down @Delta3DStudios screen. It was ok. With the small amounts I use the heater was pretty far from the material. I probably should have bumped the temp from 400F but got decent vapor through a CC Protege v2. Will probably try again today with a smaller glass piece, or maybe I’ll just go back to the ZX bowl.
Well you gotta turn it up a bit to get clouds. I’d recommend 550 and up for maximum cloudage

RedZep

The clouds you get at 600 with 0.05g, material in a j-hook is absurd. It's not enough to completely fill my lungs, and causes no coughing. But the density of the vapour is so satisfying.

Easily my favourite way to use the ZX since I've had it. I think this method suits always on ball vapes, as it allows multiple hits over any time frame, further justifying the always on desktop ball vape format. When I had the B-Zero I would often not bother to switch on for the warm up, knowing I would only hit it once, and instead use a portable ball vape, or brick vape. Turning on the ZX in the evening, knowing I will probably take 6-10 hits is really nice.

I finally have a desktop ball vape that suits me. Not a single complaint. I would do bad things to get my hands on a wireless ZX and adjustable Zirc bowl one day though.

Garybuchanen

The clouds you get at 600 with 0.05g, material in a j-hook is absurd. It's not enough to completely fill my lungs, and causes no coughing. But the density of the vapour is so satisfying.

Easily my favourite way to use the ZX since I've had it. I think this method suits always on ball vapes, as it allows multiple hits over any time frame, further justifying the always on desktop ball vape format. When I had the B-Zero I would often not bother to switch on for the warm up, knowing I would only hit it once, and instead use a portable ball vape, or brick vape. Turning on the ZX in the evening, knowing I will probably take 6-10 hits is really nice.

I finally have a desktop ball vape that suits me. Not a single complaint. I would do bad things to get my hands on a wireless ZX and adjustable Zirc bowl one day though.
I agree.. There’s something about using this vaporizer dry that hits different .i actually haven’t used the zx through water yet…it’s all been dry through a whip.
Worked yesterday got back to the coast in the afternoon…ripped some gmo x root beer around 550f and played a solid hour of pickleball. That game is so much fun 🤩
500-530f today before I head to the beach !! Life is great…so much to be grateful for including this amazing vaporizer !

RedZep

@invertedisdead Should I avoid placing the Zirc ZX bowl in a glass reducer that has the frosted grip on the inside?

I'm worried it will scratch the bowl over time. Although it doesn't seem to be having an effect. The bowl surface seems as smooth as ever.

Last edited:

Garybuchanen

@invertedisdead Should I avoid placing the Zirc ZX bowl in a glass reducer that has the frosted grip on the inside?

I'm worried it will scratch the bowl over time. Although it doesn't seem to be having an effect. The bowl surface seems as smooth as ever.
Zx bowl is strong as steel but inert as glass. You should be good friend.

coolbreeze

Have you used it with 18mm pieces at all? I mostly use it with my 14mm pieces, but I’m thinking of trying it in some 18mm.
I have. Most of my bigger pipes are 18mm. I've used 14f to 18m adapters as bowls, the 18mm Couch Log bowl, and a couple other 14mms and the P3 bowls in drops or reducers. I have a bigger vapor rig I use it with a lot and I got an 18mm DFreeze bowl for that cuz it's all so nice together. I don't really experience any shortfall in performance but I tend to turn up a bit for the big pipes and blast away for the fun of it.

Usually go for the Z chamber though:
IMG-8500.jpg

Last edited:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I left the ZX Zirc bowl in some iso overnight. Remembered it has rubber grips. Is this material safe for submerging in iso?
You might find they have stretched a little. I haven't tried with these specifically, but most o rings will return to normal shape after they have been rinsed and dried. If not they are very easy to get replacements of.

Top Bottom