PAX 3 by PAX Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
The Pax 3 handles concentrates really well, but the concentrate tray kinda sucks donkey balls.

@sickmanfraud posted a sweet concentrate tray water pipe hack early in the thread. It works fairly well, and not overly messy.

I generally just put a dab of concentrate on/between a flower (sanwhich) in my Pax 3 and it performs like a champ. Even at the orange temp setting.

I tend to sandwhichit between a high CBD strain or some flower I'm not as fond of (lower THC or weak terps).

JCharles,

sNc

The Pax 3 handles concentrates really well, but the concentrate tray kinda sucks donkey balls.

@sickmanfraud posted a sweet concentrate tray water pipe hack early in the thread. It works fairly well, and not overly messy.

I generally just put a dab of concentrate on/between a flower (sanwhich) in my Pax 3 and it performs like a champ. Even at the orange temp setting.

I tend to sandwhichit between a high CBD strain or some flower I'm not as fond of (lower THC or weak terps).

+1 ...This is how I most often use concentrates in the Pax 3, Hash Rosin works particularly well with weaker tasting/strength flowers..and allows the Hash taste to dominate.

I use the concentrate chamber occaisonally but it isn't practical when out and about but still works albeit a little underwhelming compared to other devices.

Jethro

I don't have any access to concentrates but I do harvest a little bit of kief and I think it works pretty good for that. I just put a little kief in the bottom of the chamber and heat it up at least to orange and it works pretty good. I'm sure with real concentrates it does not work as well but I don't have the luxury to find out.

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
Hey guys! We've updated our PAX Mobile app. It's laying the groundwork for future additions but the highlights are a complete redesign, more resources + tutorial videos, and PAX 3 owners can now set their temperature to 340°F (175°C). Unfortunately though, we are no longer able to support iOS 8.0.

Share any feedback you have for the team!

https://www.paxvapor.com/news/pax_mobile_v2

sNc

Hey guys! We've updated our PAX Mobile app. It's laying the groundwork for future additions but the highlights are a complete redesign, more resources + tutorial videos, and PAX 3 owners can now set their temperature to 340°F (175°C). Unfortunately though, we are no longer able to support iOS 8.0.

Really nice update to the app! So much easier to navigate and a good chunk of content on it that will help users especially new owners.

Glad you guys also listened to feedback and have made the lowest temp setting 175..things are about to get serious!

Keep up the good work! I'd be lost without my beloved Pax 3! Can't wait for the next device.

sNc

Just tried it out... Looks a lot sleeker on the temp screen now, more grown up.
Will take getting used to in terms of changed temp achieved indicator. But it's much more user friendly overall.

Lovely starting at 175 ....real nice subtle flavours that usually get missed at 185. Very happy!

blackstone

Unfortunately I now belong to the group who no longer have an app after the change over.
I see there's at least one other has left a review in Play store with similar issues.
Had just got set up with a device to run the first version, and I'm kinda stuck with my last settings now. Can't pair up even though my phone bluetooth can 'see' the Pax.
There might have been a small notice there to say it may be incompatible with my device, but I didn't think it would be this incompatible!
@Ojan_at_PAX I Wonder if there is access to the old version somewhere?
Or if more device compatibility will be added to the new app over time.

Also wondered if anyone will ever launch an alternative or 3rd party app like they had for the Crafty that would operate this and/or other vapes. Maybe giving full control.

blackstone,
Reactions: JCharles

MAbud

@Ojan_at_PAX
Great update!
What is the sliding setting below the brightness on the front screen? It shows a straight line on one side and more of a diagonal on the other...I should probably be able to realize what it is but I cant

MAbud,
Reactions: sNc

Guerrillajohn

@Ojan_at_PAX
I have the pax 3 and i am try to update to the new 0.7.0 firmware. Everytime i try to update it says error downloading firmware, any tips?
Also even if the pax isnt updated can it still go down to 340°.

Guerrillajohn,

kiddvudu2

Hey all - I'm new to this thread, but have been on the IQ thread since earlier this year. I'm dropping by here because I just took advantage of the recycle-replace program to upgrade my PAX1 to the PAX 3. I'm super pumped to receive the new unit!

I love this forum because of the info we can glean from eachother and from the manufacturers. I think it's a very helpful medium for us to collaborate for the best experiences overall.

That said, I just wanted to mention to anyone who is considering ordering a PAX 3 for the holiday season, you might want to do so fast in order to have it in time. On the webpage it claims that orders made between mon-fri before noon will ship the same day, but I have found that not to be the case. I ordered mine on Saturday and have yet to receive a shipping notification. I know it's only been a few days, but I shipped my PAX OG back a week and a half ago and am obviously anxious for my new toy! haha.

I did a support chat last night to see if I could get an update but was met with an agent who seemed to imply that my order had arrived at the warehouse and was moving along normally... When I asked why it didn't ship on Monday before noon, they kinda just brushed that question aside and thanked me for my patience.

I'm not upset, don't read me wrong, but I do want to let people know that they might not want to expect same-day shipping right now and to order sooner rather than later if time is of the essence.

Thanks all! Looking forward to chatting more in the future!

Peese!

kiddvudu2,
Reactions: JCharles

JCharles

For anyone waiting on orders from Pax - they are notoriously brutal at having the tracking information update on their website.

So much so, that I have received packages in Toronto that still show processing (these orders are 6 months old) on the website.

It can be frustrating as you don't really know if your order is on the way but in my experience the shipping turnaround has been quick.

Congrats on your new Pax vaporizers FC

JCharles,

vap0r

Hey @Ojan_at_PAX , I noticed last night that there's a new firmware update for the Pax 3 (v0.7.0). Do you have a chagelog for it? Just curious to see what's in the new FW.

vap0r,

sNc

Hey @Ojan_at_PAX , I noticed last night that there's a new firmware update for the Pax 3 (v0.7.0). Do you have a chagelog for it? Just curious to see what's in the new FW.

So far I've only noticed that the current temp indication has been added above the temp scroll...but it also now shows when it is heating to set temp etc once changed. I'm sure ojan will jump in with the other not so obvious changes.

sNc,

kiddvudu2

Hey all - I'm new to this thread, but have been on the IQ thread since earlier this year. I'm dropping by here because I just took advantage of the recycle-replace program to upgrade my PAX1 to the PAX 3. I'm super pumped to receive the new unit!

I love this forum because of the info we can glean from eachother and from the manufacturers. I think it's a very helpful medium for us to collaborate for the best experiences overall.

That said, I just wanted to mention to anyone who is considering ordering a PAX 3 for the holiday season, you might want to do so fast in order to have it in time. On the webpage it claims that orders made between mon-fri before noon will ship the same day, but I have found that not to be the case. I ordered mine on Saturday and have yet to receive a shipping notification. I know it's only been a few days, but I shipped my PAX OG back a week and a half ago and am obviously anxious for my new toy! haha.

I did a support chat last night to see if I could get an update but was met with an agent who seemed to imply that my order had arrived at the warehouse and was moving along normally... When I asked why it didn't ship on Monday before noon, they kinda just brushed that question aside and thanked me for my patience.

I'm not upset, don't read me wrong, but I do want to let people know that they might not want to expect same-day shipping right now and to order sooner rather than later if time is of the essence.

Thanks all! Looking forward to chatting more in the future!

Peese!

Hey Gang! Good news, I received my PAX3 today! So, I think it's safe to disregard the above concern about how long it might take to receive it after ordering it. It was less than a week for me!

Awesome job PAX! Thanks!

Now, to charge it up and see how it functions.

Peese!

JCharles

The amount of hate Pax 3 gets on Reddit from people who have never even used the device is comical.

I love my Pax. I purchased mine because it's one of the best looking vaporizers around and it came with a killer 10 year warranty.

I did not purchase to be 'efficient' nor was I concerned with other vapes costing less.

I like to use the half pack oven and keep the temp at orange. Pax is awesome through water, can juggle concentrates, and I can get a solid week out of a charge.

It's not my primary DD, but I use one of my two Pax 3s everyday. Dog walks or chilling on the couch - it handles both really well.

If you like your Pax 3 as much as I do please leave a comment and couple reasons why.

Hopefully the next potential Pax user sees this thread and dives in - those reddit clowns can keep pushing their 'vape of the day'.

DeeCee5

Livin' La Vida Loca in FL
I like my Pax 3 as well. It may not be the least expensive vaporizer I own, but it has a killer warranty and is a jack-of-all-trades with the half-pack and concentrate containers.

The Pax 3 is excellent. Love mine, and I hope my brother can get one too (he wants one, but finances are tight). I let him smoke from mine, he enjoys it too. You get nice clouds with the Pax. the vapor is tasty, and you're baked by the end of the bowl. I applaud the bowl size, because a small bowl hinders portability. I don't want to bring weed with me and refill it on the go. So the more weed I can fit into the bowl, the better. Battery life is good, if I keep it charged it tends to be plenty.

kiddvudu2

I've just realized it's been 17 days since I said I was gonna give my new PAX3 a first try and report back! Wow, what an awesome 17 days it's been too!! What a great device. I couldn't be happier. Can't believe how easy it is to clean and with the dual oven lids it's super versatile. I owned my PAX1 for 5 years and every experience with CS has been a delight. Very happy I chose to upgrade, and now another 10 years of warranty. :) :) Keep up the great work PAX!!

JCharles

I've just realized it's been 17 days since I said I was gonna give my new PAX3 a first try and report back! Wow, what an awesome 17 days it's been too!! What a great device. I couldn't be happier. Can't believe how easy it is to clean and with the dual oven lids it's super versatile. I owned my PAX1 for 5 years and every experience with CS has been a delight. Very happy I chose to upgrade, and now another 10 years of warranty. :) :) Keep up the great work PAX!!

I took me a while, but I eventually settled on the half pack lid. Two back to back bowls has more flavour than 1 full pack. And I find the extraction and temp regulation to be a little better.

Do you have a preference between the lids yet?

Always curious on mouthpiece choice as well. I started with the raised but much prefer the flat one (haven't tried the raised in months). Preference here??

JCharles,
Reactions: Jill NYC

kiddvudu2

I took me a while, but I eventually settled on the half pack lid. Two back to back bowls has more flavour than 1 full pack. And I find the extraction and temp regulation to be a little better.

Do you have a preference between the lids yet?

Always curious on mouthpiece choice as well. I started with the raised but much prefer the flat one (haven't tried the raised in months). Preference here??

I have used both lids and mouthpieces. I seem to gravitate towards the half-pack lid as well since a well-packed bowl (I use full nugs, not grinded) still produces a very healthy session, more than enuf for me at least. As far as the mouthpiece, I will have to revisit the flat one again. I switched to the raised one shortly after receiving the PAX3 and have since only swapped the flat one back in for one day. In fact, I just did a deep clean last night and today would be a great opportunity to put the flat one back into play. I will report back with comment after a few sessions.

Vape on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom