• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

PAX 3 by PAX Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbeazy

I feel like with all of the crazy e-juice vaporizers people use, no one will look twice at a Pax!

I want the silver Pax 3 thinking it will help hide scratches (I'd choose any colour Pax 2). The black is sexy. A skin is a great idea because a case would probably overheat the unit.

I'm willing to pay for the quicker heat up time in this case. Ridiculous, I know.. it's $200 difference (Canadian)! I'm impatient. The included half load lid is great too, no need to buy separate. These are the factors making me choose the new version. Their performance is similar. I plan to use this unit for a long time so I don't want it to be outdated next year.

PS if you keep an eye on the classifieds you'll run into a cheap Pax 2. People are selling them to upgrade. If I wanted a Pax 2 I'd wait for the 4/20 sales!

vbeazy,

blackstone

It's probably hard to believe how small they are before we see them too.
I did a paper cut out of one a while back to get an idea and it was tiny!
And I don't really have a requirement to vape with many onlookers but stealth is handy in many situations.

And I'm thinking Pax 3 for the same reasons as you, plus the lip sensing in this is supposed to be very smart, many small upgrades, extended mouthpiece runs cooler than Pax 2. The shiny gold and silver are amazing. Battery better.
AND... and it's a very big AND....
I have to look up do this company do an upgrade thing still but if we have a Pax 3, then wouldn't we be more likely to be able to get a hot new Pax 4 upgrade if we wanted it!!?

The Pax 2 is probably a more than worthy bargain at this stage with the similar/same vapor. It even seems well suited to rougher or outdoor uses just based on the lower price and spec now.
But for me it was either do I want a Pax 2 with lots of great accessories for it, or a Pax 3, and buy some accessories for that at a later date if I even need any!
(Maybe just Delta 3d caps or storage tube/case)

blackstone,

Mr. Me2

I might buy one of these this week, they're a very attractive option.
Of course I do still consider the Pax 2 but the fast heat up will be useful and the other upgrades make this appear quite impressive.
I was going to buy a Crafty as a small portable and that would suit my use perfectly but I already have a Mighty that I take out and I hope it would be more fun mixing things up with something like this.

I dislike uncomfortably hot vapor that comes from certain short vapor paths when hitting them for extended time, but I don't really have problems with harshness as such or slightly roasted ABV tastes.
Do you guys think I'll enjoy this intelligent little unit?

Am I crazy to buy something with only weeks to the potential offers of 4/20?
I don't expect to see discounts on Pax 3 but nice offers on Pax 2 or others might come up!

It's hard enough trying to choose which vape, then the color!
Funny enough Pax 2 I'd probably just go for black, and the black Pax 3 might look the most stealth.. but the metal shades really make the most of that shiny finish so I might sacrifice some stealth!
The gold and silver look so good. But how do you carry and suck a gold or silver bar in plain sight!
It just might have to be done! And the skins/wraps can be used if I need to change.
If you control your vas, I'd suggest waiting for 420 sales.

I have a pax2, Crafty, and gh. No question the Crafty tastes best, but... I'm STILL on my gh honeymoon, and I admit I'm a pax fan. The company (and @Ojan_at_PAX) is great! It's a solid vape, reliable, and a joy to hold and use. If you want a session vape in your collection, this for me is the way to go.

Until pax releases a convection vape (PLEASE???!!!), the pax3 is closing the gap with its fast heat up and setting flexibility. So money aside, to me that hats the difference between the pax2 & 3.

Fun choices!

natural farmer

Would you proud owners of a PAX3 say that you could call it an on-demand conduction vape due to the very short heating time? Can it be used like this? Power on, take a hit or two, power off, get back to it after some time without it tasting awful?

Southern Chef

Would you proud owners of a PAX3 say that you could call it an on-demand conduction vape due to the very short heating time? Can it be used like this? Power on, take a hit or two, power off, get back to it after some time without it tasting awful?
Not in my experience, nf. The 3 heats up much faster but it still doesn't function WELL as an on-demand device. I wouldn't use it this way while we have so many better options for on-demand.

natural farmer

Not in my experience, nf. The 3 heats up much faster but it still doesn't function WELL as an on-demand device. I wouldn't use it this way while we have so many better options for on-demand.
There is something in on-demand conduction that I prefer over convection these days, this heavy feel of the vapor in the mouth, so thick you can chew it... I can achieve this with high heat Vapcap hits, I remember the original Pax hitting like this at the begining of a bowl but then it got ugly taste-wise.

AmsterDAB16

If you control your vas, I'd suggest waiting for 420 sales.

I have a pax2, Crafty, and gh. No question the Crafty tastes best, but... I'm STILL on my gh honeymoon, and I admit I'm a pax fan. The company (and @Ojan_at_PAX) is great! It's a solid vape, reliable, and a joy to hold and use. If you want a session vape in your collection, this for me is the way to go.

Until pax releases a convection vape (PLEASE???!!!), the pax3 is closing the gap with its fast heat up and setting flexibility. So money aside, to me that hats the difference between the pax2 & 3.

Fun choices!

+1 on this with regards to the company and its support team, especially @Ojan_at_PAX seriously can't say enough good things about my experiences with him and the rest of Ploom's support team thus far.

While I love my Sticky Jr. I definitely can't imagine my on the go arsenal without the Pax 3. It's low key look in-use and ability to fare well against wind (unlike SBJ) make it an essential for the on-the-go stoner with a terminal case of V.A.S.

- proud Pax owner

Vaporhead99

The gold and silver look so good. But how do you carry and suck a gold or silver bar in plain sight!
It just might have to be done! And the skins/wraps can be used if I need to change.

I have a Gold Pax and use it on a daily basis walking the streets and as someone mentioned above, with so many different vaporisers out for so many different uses no one looks anyway, that could also be because it is pretty small and barely noticeable too, it really is such a discreet bit of kit, no one can see it when it is in my hand and it is barely noticeable when drawing from it too, I love it!

Last edited:

wrigleyvillain

A Song of Ice and Vapor
Whats the overall impression on these compared to PAX 2 and other +$200 units? I have one I got wholesale and I am tempted to keep it but its hard to justify the expense right now.

wrigleyvillain,

Bandoo

Pax 2 is great and so is the Pax1. For out and about they are very discrete..
You might save a few seconds heat up on the 3.
Ymmv

Bandoo,

I.b.vaping

Hi everyone I'm thinking of getting a pax3 and was wondering can you put whole bud in the oven ?the strain I get is very sticky and doesn't grind well! Cheers

I.b.vaping,

I.b.vaping

Dammmm this threads quiet!! Why?anyone?i want to buy a pax 3 today!but could really do with knowing if I can put whole bud in ?cheers and gone

I.b.vaping,

DeeCee5

Livin' La Vida Loca in FL
Dammmm this threads quiet!! Why?anyone?i want to buy a pax 3 today!but could really do with knowing if I can put whole bud in ?cheers and gone

I own a Pax 3.
As Mucsusn said you could do it, but it vaping wouldn't be optimal.
From my use, I've found the Pax 3 requires a moderate grind and packing of the bud (and at least one stir of the bud during the session).

AmsterDAB16

If the weed has above average moisture content, then the finer the grind the better. Though therein lies the problem, even with a more specialized grinder, getting a super fine grind is no easy feat with more humidified weed.

If it's a little on the drier side of things then finer will also work alright but can bring your material right to the brink of combustion (never actually combusted personally, and I think it's quite difficult to do so). A moderately fine, but not quite powdery grind will work best for this weed in my experience.

A really coarse grind is just a waste

kernal6500

I'm so sad about the pax3 concentrate insert. It leaks everytime I use it. I put in a small amount, less then suggested, thick wax, slow draws and it still fucking leaks!!! Also u have to wait until the insert is cool until u can repack.

Great for flower bad for concentrate

Sooo disappointing, customer service just gives excuses. I believe it is a poor design

kernal6500,

mixchu69

I'm so sad about the pax3 concentrate insert. It leaks everytime I use it. I put in a small amount, less then suggested, thick wax, slow draws and it still fucking leaks!!! Also u have to wait until the insert is cool until u can repack.

Sooo disappointing, customer service just gives excuses. I believe it is a poor design
That is so disappointing to hear. I wanted this as stealth dual purpose.

mixchu69,

vbeazy

That sucks to hear kernal. Hopefully Pax will improve the concentrates insert for the Pax 3.

It's not a deal breaker for me as I only plan to use one for flowers. For concentrates I'll use a pen!

vbeazy,

pohodar

Hello,

Last week I bought PAX3.

The product is great, but my piece is crooked on the side of the mouthpiece.
Also at this point roughly machined aluminum, and the beveled surface.
On the side where it is beveled so vape stands on the side, on the other side is not.
It is a manufacturing defect or is this normal? On the other photos
units I have no such notice. I'd love to get another piece.
which is perfectly fine, just need to be sure to recognize it in the store.

I'm sorry, but I could not insert images.
Please admin to delete files that do not work, thank you.

mod note: Images embedded.

Last edited by a moderator:
pohodar,

Mr. Me2

Hello,

Last week I bought PAX3.

The product is great, but my piece is crooked on the side of the mouthpiece.
Also at this point roughly machined aluminum, and the beveled surface.
On the side where it is beveled so vape stands on the side, on the other side is not.
It is a manufacturing defect or is this normal? On the other photos
units I have no such notice. I'd love to get another piece.
which is perfectly fine, just need to be sure to recognize it in the store.

I'm sorry, but I could not insert images.
Please admin to delete files that do not work, thank you.

https://ibb.co/faVDT5
https://ibb.co/feMCo5
https://ibb.co/dyMWFk
https://ibb.co/e9QQak

faVDT5

faVDT5
feMCo5
dyMWFk
e9QQak
@Ojan_at_PAX should hear about this...

Mr. Me2,

Breathemetal

Odd.
I use the concentrate insert a lot.
No issues. Slight leak which is expected unless you just have no common sense. Its gonna leak a little. Just be easy on your draw.
I use waxy crumble and it works perfect. I love it. It is better for weed and hash but dont dismiss the concentrate insert from just this guy hating on it.

kernal6500

Odd.
I use the concentrate insert a lot.
No issues. Slight leak which is expected unless you just have no common sense. Its gonna leak a little. Just be easy on your draw.
I use waxy crumble and it works perfect. I love it. It is better for weed and hash but dont dismiss the concentrate insert from just this guy hating on it.

Excuse me but I am not hating on it. I have been vaping oil with electronic vaporizers for a long time now and have gone through so many vaporizers. I know what I am doing. I will post a video so you can see yourself.
If I am spending $300 I do not expect it to leak at all!!!

Also, i should be able to use whatever concentrate I want after spending $300

And u can't repack it with wax after first use until the insert cools down. :(

Last edited:
kernal6500,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom