PAX 3 by PAX Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Paces

Ojan,

I've been waiting to pick up the Pax 3 locally, but the two stores local to me still haven't received the Pax 3. Neither of them know when to expect it, so I am considering ordering direct instead of waiting for them to receive it.

Are orders from the website shipping out immediately, or is there a backorder? Just wondering which would be the quicker way to get the Pax 3.

Thanks.

2 Paces,

Shibby Dank

@Ojan_at_PAX since a "The Weeknd Edition" Pax2 was a thing, do you think it possible for a "FC Edition" to be possible? Say... one with the ability to set all 5 temp presets to your hearts whim, that at least went down to 335F -temp wise-, and used ceramic zirconia instead of stainless steel -oven and path wise- ? I know it's a shot in the dark, but if it got a "yes", it would be "a hit". Or what of a custom order? Could that be done? (My lungs would swell with glee)

PPN

Volute of Vapor
@Ojan_at_PAX since a "The Weeknd Edition" Pax2 was a thing, do you think it possible for a "FC Edition" to be possible? Say... one with the ability to set all 5 temp presets to your hearts whim, that at least went down to 335F -temp wise-, and used ceramic zirconia instead of stainless steel -oven and path wise- ? I know it's a shot in the dark, but if it got a "yes", it would be "a hit". Or what of a custom order? Could that be done? (My lungs would swell with glee)
I like that but I don't think FC is important enough for Paxlab, maybe a Snoop Dog edition but I don't expect a FC edition (in the way you are thinking) from them, although a lot of others smaller manufacturers are already doing that since FC is a nice place to test new designs!

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
Ojan,

I've been waiting to pick up the Pax 3 locally, but the two stores local to me still haven't received the Pax 3. Neither of them know when to expect it, so I am considering ordering direct instead of waiting for them to receive it.

Are orders from the website shipping out immediately, or is there a backorder? Just wondering which would be the quicker way to get the Pax 3.

Thanks.

No backorders for US and CA, but EU will have a delay. We're shipping same-day if a US or CA order comes in before noon our time (Pacific). I'm happy to monitor your order to ensure smooth sailing if you end up placing it and want to message me your order number!

Definitely a shot in the dark, but custom orders would be cool (albeit unlikely, to be honest). Our team's focus right now is to make sure we're meeting and exceeding the promises we've made with the products we've already announced. Our engineers are always working on new things so we'll see what the future holds!

2 Paces

I'm happy to monitor your order to ensure smooth sailing if you end up placing it and want to message me your order number!

Thanks for the offer. I found a different local shop today that had them in stock, so I am now the proud owner of a Pax 3 to go along with my Pax & Pax 2.

I'll give a better review after spending some quality time with it, but first impressions would be that the heat up time is a lot faster than the Pax 2, I like the feel of the unit much more than the Pax 2 (the surface seems tackier and not so cold & clinical to the touch), and I LOVE the half pack lid.

More thoughts to follow, but I am already really appreciating the upgrades from the Pax 2 so far...

toked23

I'm dying for the app to work. Those heating profiles sound really fun!

Me too Stickstones, I'm a flavor guy and can't wait to see how it works. My ff2 is my go to for that but the stealth of the p3 is amazing and the ease of use even more so. I wish they could blend the two together, it would be my perfect vape, lol. The efficiency, flavor, and lack of smell of the ff2 with the stealth, size, ease of use and battery life of the p3. Would be amazing...

toked23,

b0

Cloudy...
Me too Stickstones, I'm a flavor guy and can't wait to see how it works. My ff2 is my go to for that but the stealth of the p3 is amazing and the ease of use even more so. I wish they could blend the two together, it would be my perfect vape, lol. The efficiency, flavor, and lack of smell of the ff2 with the stealth, size, ease of use and battery life of the p3. Would be amazing...

A convection pax has been my dream since I had the p2!

BR Ron

I placed an order for a silver one on last Saturday. Today my status changed to shipped! So looks like a couple days for fufillment, and a couple for shipping. I think by Friday I should have it in my hot little hands.

eruptor

I purchased my P3 direct from Pax on Friday, it arrived Tues. nice turnaround. I have a Pax1, two P2's and now a P3. Here are my first observations:
- it charges much faster (1hr from one petal to full)
- it heats much faster, I generally stay on the 2nd petal for heat
- I like the quick pulse it sends on power up, heat up, and power off.
- I've tried some live resin hits in the can. I did end up turning the heat to full (4 petals). That seemed to give the biggest and most flavorful clouds, imo.
- the concentrate can does work with the P2 as the dimensions are the same. Kinda opens the possibility of dedicating one P2 for concentrate use. Also means that when Pax starts selling replacement cans, you can easily convert a P2 to dual use. I expect them to be priced accordingly.

At this early stage, I am very happy with the P3. Pax includes a lot of nice extras (3 screens, stuffer, scraper, cleaners and full assortment of oven caps and lids. Very nice!

@Ojan_at_PAX since a "The Weeknd Edition" Pax2 was a thing ...
Ha, I have a 'Weekend Edition' P2. Plays a little tune on power up lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Me2

I purchased my P3 direct from Pax on Friday, it arrived Tues. nice turnaround. I have a Pax1, two P2's and now a P3. Here are my first observations:
- it charges much faster (1hr from one petal to full)
- it heats much faster, I generally stay on the 2nd petal for heat
- I like the quick pulse it sends on power up, heat up, and power off.
- I've tried some live resin hits in the can. I did end up turning the heat to full (4 petals). That seemed to give the biggest and most flavorful clouds, imo.
- the concentrate can does work with the P2 as the dimensions are the same. Kinda opens the possibility of dedicating one P2 for concentrate use. Also means that when Pax starts selling replacement cans, you can easily convert a P2 to dual use. I expect them to be priced accordingly.

At this early stage, I am very happy with the P3. Pax includes a lot of nice extras (3 screens, stuffer, scraper, cleaners and full assortment of oven caps and lids. Very nice!

Ha, I have a 'Weekend Edition' P2. Plays a little tune on power up lol
Is the flavor the same between the p2 and p3? If so, throughout the load?

Mr. Me2,

VapoShop

Retailer
For those in Europe waiting for PAX 3, we received a small first batch (Black only for now!). No word yet on when other colours - or accessories - become available.

Also, we've found it works quite well with pressed concentrates, a question we often get being on this side of the planet :-)

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
stopped reading at 4 temperature modes ...
To be fair the four settings they used since the pax1 have been good.

Once the app launches there will be the option to customize the temp by single degree (I believe)...which will be great for those who like that type of thing.
(If it has the ability to go past current max temps...the concentrate insert will be KILLER!)

I think the reason they do that is to be the apple of the vape game.

One button, four Temps, small size...anyone can use it. they do that extremely well IMO.

They are also alot more durable than your other vapes...

In fact compared to the mighty...or the crafty for that matter...the pax brand is indestructible...oh and their CS is through the roof.

That is...if your into the fine-print.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
What I like with the Pax 3 is its form-factor. To me (and I hope, Customs Agents), the Pax looks like an extra battery one brings along to give a boost to small gadgets, like phone, small speaker, etc. In fact, a fake USB cap would be quite the accessory. Anyway, stowed in a carry-on computer bag, the Pax 3 is just the vape for travelers, in my opinion. Last year, I took an E-nano on my trip abroad. I think I want a little more portability.

macbill,
Reactions: horst

pdx3325

Regrettably, my pax 3 has turned into a doorstop.

I had the two right petals flashing blue a few times before the vape would shut off. Let it sit overnight and woke up this morning to all four petals turning white and then it immediately shutting off.

It won't turn on or work at all.

I got one oven out of it before this.

Pax support ticket opened.

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
Regrettably, my pax 3 has turned into a doorstop.

I had the two right petals flashing blue a few times before the vape would shut off. Let it sit overnight and woke up this morning to all four petals turning white and then it immediately shutting off.

It won't turn on or work at all.

I got one oven out of it before this.

Pax support ticket opened.

Dang, sorry to hear. Two right petals flashing blue can mean an internal issue, but it can also be triggered if the device is very cold - like left in a car overnight or something. If you're seeing it happen pretty much every time you turn it on, and you've already held it/left it on the charger and it's warmed a bit, then we may need to take a closer look. Can you message me your support ticket number? I'll fast track this for ya.

horst

horsed
Just ordered a Pax3 as a christmas gift for myself, very excited :D

Looking for a durable and shareable vape for outdoor activities with friends and I hope this device replaces my Crafty for such things. Had a blast with it but the Pax3 seems to be lighter, quicker and longer lasting in those moments. Need to find out for myself if it's worth the sacrifice in taste.

BuzzDanklin

Once the app launches there will be the option to customize the temp by single degree (I believe)...which will be great for those who like that type of thing.
(If it has the ability to go past current max temps...the concentrate insert will be KILLER!).

I have the beta reviewer version of the app, and it lets me adjust the temp in 1 degree increments, however I have to stay within the standard range of 360-420F.

It would be awesome if they expanded the range a bit, maybe like 320-430F

Also worth noting the lip sensing ramps temp ~9F, so when you are set at temp4 - 420f it will actually peak at ~429F with lip sensing activated.

BuzzDanklin

I was surprised to see that the Pax 3 was included in Vapeworld's Holidaze Sale since released only a couple weeks ago.

I also got a decent shot with the Pax 3 on my first day skiing this season:
15258806_349037982138550_6969194486324789248_n.jpg

OregonStoner

Vape Critic * said:
Overall, I like it. It seems like an incremental improvement, like going from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone 6s, but they’re going in the right direction – except for the shell they need to fix that ;-)

Vape Critic claims that his Pax 3 shell scratches very easily and his gold model does appear to be very scratched in a short amount of time.

I like to use my Pax 1 out fishing and it has a few war marks from wear and tear, but it looks like this model would be destroyed bouncing around in my fishing vest with other items.

Anyone with the new Pax disagree with Vape Critics unfavorable view on the shell and its finish? TIA

* http://www.vapecritic.com/vaporizers/pax-3-review/

OregonStoner,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom