PAX 3 by PAX Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.

vape4fun

If you were a company who spent who knows how much money developing the P3 and marketing costs and the huge benefit of the P3 being the use of concentrates. Would you

A. Allow people to buy the insert for $50 or so or

B. Make people buy the new unit for $280.?

Hmmmmmm

Vapenado

..you can put your weed in it
Supposedly, accessories (screens, etc) are interchangeable between the p2 and p3. The oven size is the same. I can't see why the concentrate attachment wouldn't fit. The question in my mind would be will it be sold separately? I would think it would/should be considering some folks may have a need to replace (or have a spare) for their p3.
Also, the p3 has 4+ temp settings. The + presumably for concentrates while the p2 only has 4 temp settings. So I would be surprised if it would even work in the p2.
Pure speculation on my part tho...

Last edited:

vape4fun

Hey Vapenado,

I think while accessories like the pusher would be interchangeable not sure about concentrate insert. Ojan did say In the Q and A that screens and mouthpieces are interchangeable but doesn't mention concentrate insert so.....

The fifth setting is personal temp preference setting and I'm not sure if it's somewhere between temps 1 and 4 or if you can go higher than the highest pre-setting, which makes sense for concentrates

Buzz please get your hands on one of these ASAP and clear up these questions for us!

Shieldsab

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with us! If you have a support case open, or previously had one, feel free to message me the case number or email address so I can take a look.

We ship all CA orders from our warehouse in Delta, BC. The price seen at checkout is the final price anyone would pay. I'd like to learn a bit more if you had to pay any extra fees after ordering from our website.

I'm not able to confirm the authorized status of those two websites, but I'll be letting our team know so they can follow up.
I must admit, I was going off Vaporizers.ca's site primarily. I haven't purchased any Pax devices, mainly because of that page, and the prices at my LHS. I apologize for incorrect information.

Vapenado

..you can put your weed in it
Hey Vapenado,

I think while accessories like the pusher would be interchangeable not sure about concentrate insert. Ojan did say In the Q and A that screens and mouthpieces are interchangeable but doesn't mention concentrate insert so.....

The fifth setting is personal temp preference setting and I'm not sure if it's somewhere between temps 1 and 4 or if you can go higher than the highest pre-setting, which makes sense for concentrates

Buzz please get your hands on one of these ASAP and clear up these questions for us!
I hear ya...i was merely speculating...your point to get these out in the field for review and unbiased feedback is likely the answer.

@Ojan_at_PAX - your website indicated a 60+ min charge time on the p3 (philreal posted a screen shot on pg1) compared to 90+ with the p2. I notice it's been changed to 90+ now on the p3. Can you confirm the charge time has in fact not been improved on the p3?

Last edited by a moderator:
Vapenado,
Reactions: justvapin

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
@Ojan_at_PAX - your website indicated a 60+ min charge time on the p3 (philreal posted a screen shot on pg1) compared to 90+ with the p2. I notice it's been changed to 90+ now on the p3. Can you confirm the charge time has in fact not been improved on the p3?

Yeah I'm working to get clarity on that since I'm seeing it change too. AC and USB will have different charge times most likely, and it has a bigger battery than PAX 2, but I don't have a PAX 3 to test it myself. Stay tuned and I'll update once I know for sure!

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
Once the device is fully charged, how long will the device last until you need to recharge the device? In other words, what is the run time? how many sessions can one person use this before you need to re charge it.

Do you have any plans to release a promotional video for this particular device?

wm762,

YungLeaner

Will the Pax 3 have a Pax-supported option for Water-Pipe Adaption?

I know that people generally think convection is for water pipes but I often like to use a conduction vape at the beach, so that airflow and repacking is less of a factor. I can't imagine an adaptor would be that hard to produce vs the potential market for it (proprietary hydratubes, better for cannabis cup/trade show exhibitions)

Reggie Watts

I hope the app isn't required for changing temp. That's my biggest problem with the Firefly 2, that it has to be constantly tethered to a phone to be able to change anything (and with poor bluetooth range at that).

Reggie Watts,

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
I hope the app isn't required for changing temp. That's my biggest problem with the Firefly 2, that it has to be constantly tethered to a phone to be able to change anything (and with poor bluetooth range at that).

Ohh I know this answer! The app is not necessary.

The full temperature range for PAX 3 is from 360 - 420F and can be change through the device interface, just like PAX 2. The full temperature range is customizable in 1 degree F increments when PAX 3 is connected to the app.

The app also unlocks dynamic modes that change how much and how fast the device intelligently cools and boosts oven temperatures based on lip presence and motion sensing. This allows users to make tradeoffs between vapor production, flavor preservation, and battery utilization while keeping the device at their preferred temperature.

HighSeasSailor

Looking closely at the boxed set photo, it looks like the oven lid has been redesigned, though still compatable with Pax 2 lids? Any advantage to them over older lids, like being submersible or improved airflow? And if so, will they be compatable with Pax 2 as well?

BuzzDanklin

I got the Pax 3 yesterday afternoon, here are a few photos I took:
Pax-3-Vaporizer-Accessories.jpg

Pax-3-Vaporizer-Concentrate-Chamber.jpg

Pax-3-Concentrate-Chamber-Internals.jpg

I have a few more photos and some more of my initial thoughts here: http://www.vaporizerwizard.com/pax-3-preview-initial-thoughts/

I have not tried the concentrate insert yet, but will try that very soon. Let me know if you have any questions.

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
Ohh I know this answer! The app is not necessary.

The full temperature range for PAX 3 is from 360 - 420F and can be change through the device interface, just like PAX 2. The full temperature range is customizable in 1 degree F increments when PAX 3 is connected to the app.

The app also unlocks dynamic modes that change how much and how fast the device intelligently cools and boosts oven temperatures based on lip presence and motion sensing. This allows users to make tradeoffs between vapor production, flavor preservation, and battery utilization while keeping the device at their preferred temperature.

THCv boiling point is 428F. Can this get a bump to cover it?

looney2nz,
Reactions: nondarb

Mr. Me2

Hi Guys seems like the first video review was released-

What do you think? Not sure if I should do the PAX or Firefly 2!
I see those 2 as completely different (conduction v. convection). Although, with pax3's much improved heat up time and smart technology, I'm interested for reviews to hear if it acts and performs more like convection.

I'm also looking forward to pax3 v. davinci iq comparisons, although I won't be surprised if the pax3 wins out.

I think every collection should include a quality conduction vape and convection vape. So get both!

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
Hi Guys seems like the first video review was released-

What do you think? Not sure if I should do the PAX or Firefly 2!
Thank you so much for this review. I got so much information out of it. I am stuck on weather if i should purchase this device or wait for a different product.

Weed will be legal in my country this coming spring.

vape4fun

Any theories or ideas or knowledge of whether this will be available from puffitup for 15% off?

Any info would be great but obviously there may be none out there!

vape4fun,

MonkeyTime

Any theories or ideas or knowledge of whether this will be available from puffitup for 15% off?

Any info would be great but obviously there may be none out there!
A release date hasn't been given yet, I don't think distribution has been discussed either, but if they carry the other Pax units, they'll carry this one (most likely) . As for the coupon, maybe not to start?

MonkeyTime,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom