• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeG7265

Happy to chime in! The surgical-grade stainless steel screens for both the original PAX and PAX 2 are intentionally bigger than the oven's dimensions. They lock into place when you press on the middle gently, and they bow a little bit in the shape of a hammock. Check out this image of how the screen should sit before you press on it to lock it in place. As long as you're getting good airflow then that's the important thing. I can't really speak to New Vape's 3rd party screen since I haven't tried one.

I saw your PM @MikeG7265 and will have an update for you asap! Regardless of authenticity, I highly recommend that you continue the resolution process you've started, as eBay purchases are unauthorized and don't come with a 10 year warranty.
Thanks for the response. The pic you showed is how mine look when I put them in, but then they won't go any further. If I put the least bit of pressure it just sticks to the walls and mangles the screen. And as I said earlier, New vape said their screen sits flush on the bottom and mine would just wedge like that pic and go no further. I was afraid to push too much because I didn't want to damage the oven.

Resolution process has been started and I'm now the proud owner of a genuine pax 2 that that was purchased from a local shop that was on your website.

Thanks again for your response.

MikeG7265

I told you @Ojan_at_PAX makes shit happen

I'm hard headed and don't listen very well :bang:. Lol

But you were right. He got me taken care of. And now I know I was wasnt crazy about the screens.

It was a fake. And my new one is charging as we speak. All I can say is, if a fake worked that well, I can't wait to try a real one :science:

Thanks again @Ojan_at_PAX , and you too @WakeAndVape for directing me to him:tup: :tup:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I'm hard headed and don't listen very well :bang:. Lol

But you were right. He got me taken care of. And now I know I was wasnt crazy about the screens.

It was a fake. And my new one is charging as we speak. All I can say is, if a fake worked that well, I can't wait to try a real one :science:

Thanks again @Ojan_at_PAX , and you too @WakeAndVape for directing me to him:tup: :tup:
That's what I was going to ask you, how it worked. Can you give us some comparisons after you get well acquainted with your new Pax :science:

MikeG7265

That's what I was going to ask you, how it worked. Can you give us some comparisons after you get well acquainted with your new Pax :science:

First the screens wouldn't fit. The oven isn't the correct size. The screen that came with it was copper.
The rubber covering the power button was textured and not smooth like the auth.
The bottom oven door wouldn't fit on my new one just kept falling out.
The inside when you take the mouthpiece out was rubbery and textured, while the real is smooth plastic.
Battery life was horrible.
The led lights flashed in a different pattern.
Heat up time was slightly longer.

There was a sticker on the back of the box that isn't on the auth ones.
And I can't believe I noticed this, in the box where the flap has the four pictures that show the loading and stuff. The pictures on the auth one, when it shows the pax upside down, the x for the lights is on the bottom(upside down pic) and when they show it upright the x is on the top. But the fake, in the pics the x was always at the bottom.
Like the pax, the printing on the fake is more blurred and the real is crisp.

Sad thing is, when it worked, it worked good. And had I not lost the screen I may have never know.

Hope this helps someone else from getting a fake one.

Rose2Butler24

Happy to chime in! The surgical-grade stainless steel screens for both the original PAX and PAX 2 are intentionally bigger than the oven's dimensions. They lock into place when you press on the middle gently, and they bow a little bit in the shape of a hammock. Check out this image of how the screen should sit before you press on it to lock it in place. As long as you're getting good airflow then that's the important thing. I can't really speak to New Vape's 3rd party screen since I haven't tried one.

I saw your PM @MikeG7265 and will have an update for you asap! Regardless of authenticity, I highly recommend that you continue the resolution process you've started, as eBay purchases are unauthorized and don't come with a 10 year warranty.
Just sent you a PM to see if it's a legit Pax 2 before I'm buying from a shop.

Rose2Butler24,

Rose2Butler24

Couple of questions:
1) The pax 2 is very easy to clean right?
2) How is odor like on clothes if I'm walking outside and taking hits before/after class/work?
3) How is odor while using it in the bathroom on the lowest temperature?

Getting one tomorrow from 150 from my friend who owns a smoke shop thats authorized. Thanks Ojan for the help!

Rose2Butler24,
Reactions: Vapetrees

Matty

Couple of questions:
2) How is odor like on clothes if I'm walking outside and taking hits before/after class/work?

Getting one tomorrow from 150 from my friend who owns a smoke shop thats authorized. Thanks Ojan for the help!

1. Very easy to clean. I clean it about every two weeks after heavy use. Takes less than 5 minutes.

2. The mouth piece smells after use. I'd get a smell proof bag or some end caps from @Ratchett .

3. Herb smells, period. Nothing like combustion, but yeah... People will either mistake it for a skunk or know exactly what it is.

Tdtour

Couple of questions:

Yup very easy to clean. A pipe cleaner and a Qtip is what I use with some Iso. Also you should have a food skewer or the like to help pop out the screen.
The odor is very minimal as with most vaporizers. I personally find the vaped odor does not linger as long as regular combustion methods.
Using in the bathroom would depend on several factors. Humidity from a hot shower would cause the odor to linger longer. Or natural smell of what one does in the bathroom can over power the of the vaporizer with its own ODOR.

Tdtour,

zor

It's been a while since my last post here, this guy is still chugging a long wonderfully. I think it's helpful for any prospective buyers/new owners to be privy to any feedback, new and old, in this rather crowded market :)

I also have gotten away with not needing to clean this very regularly....the junk that accumulates on the bottom screen can sometimes get charred on but I've been able to clear it with some idle scratching with my fingernail. I don't use any other accessory other than the end caps (to contain smell) and pack the weed in tightly with the end cap. I've become rather intolerant of carrying other vape-related accessories with me when I'm on the go outside, which is a pleasure with such a slim footprint/profile as the pax 2 :love:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
It's been a while since my last post here, this guy is still chugging a long wonderfully. I think it's helpful for any prospective buyers/new owners to be privy to any feedback, new and old, in this rather crowded market :)

I also have gotten away with not needing to clean this very regularly....the junk that accumulates on the bottom screen can sometimes get charred on but I've been able to clear it with some idle scratching with my fingernail. I don't use any other accessory other than the end caps (to contain smell) and pack the weed in tightly with the end cap. I've become rather intolerant of carrying other vape-related accessories with me when I'm on the go outside, which is a pleasure with such a slim footprint/profile as the pax 2 :love:
Yeah, I like to pre grind put it in the container a cavi cone I bought came with and then just dump it straight to the oven. No mess no fuss. I love the Pax2

Vapetrees,
Reactions: zor

Vapeconvert

Yeah, I like to pre grind put it in the container a cavi cone I bought came with and then just dump it straight to the oven. No mess no fuss. I love the Pax2
Yep, nothing beats the pax2 for quality stealthy vape. When out and about, I carry the pax2 with Pax Caps, and a small doobtube with pregrind material.... I use the new vape sandwich, so just dump into hand, drop screen back in and Tap out a little from doobtube and pack down with sandwich topper, adjust screw for tight oven, drop lid on, Palm device and good to go, just moments away from discreet medication....

narrowsparrow

Just curious about that amazing customer service that Pax is supposed to have. I emailed them 10 days ago, and still haven't heard back. Goboof contacted me the same day! Anyone know if there's something going on at Pax?

narrowsparrow,

MikeG7265

Just curious about that amazing customer service that Pax is supposed to have. I emailed them 10 days ago, and still haven't heard back. Goboof contacted me the same day! Anyone know if there's something going on at Pax?

Have you tried to PM @Ojan_at_PAX on here? He got back to me the same day. Not sure what type of help you need, but it couldn't hurt to try.

MikeG7265,

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep

So sorry for the long wait. We're a bit behind, but I don't see any emails that are 10 days old that haven't received a reply. If you were emailed a case number please PM that to me, or the email address you had used to get in touch. We're nearing end-of-day before the weekend but I'll be sure to check back often so we can square you away.

lemmeadem

So, guys, what's the deal with the Kapton heater? Reading up on them, their rating is generally a bit lower than the 210c the Pax 2 maxes out at.

Low off-gassing a possibility?

lemmeadem,

pdx3325

Looks like they are $229 on Vapor Earth right now. But they don't appear to be an authorized retailer. Ugh.

pdx3325,

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Looks like they are $229 on Vapor Earth right now. But they don't appear to be an authorized retailer. Ugh.
Yeah man, they've also been know to sell fakes. Search reddit for some coupons, I don't know any or I would help. Use google, ask your question and then type site:reddit.com/r/vaporents or just reddit.com to expand your search more. Good luck bro

Justpassedu

I agree be very careful with eBay , I almost bought a crafty and mighty on there bc the price was right. I had to retract my offer on them after reading the users feedback & seeing several people got fakes. Also compared pictures to the real thing and there were noticeable differences. That's not to say everything in there is a fake bc there are actually a few authorized retailers on eBay if you check there store names but prices are usually the same. It's a good piece of mind to get from authorized retailers and spend the few extra $ , these are not cheap machines and it's good to know if you ever have a problem that you can have it repAired. Pax has already put out a list I believe on there site of who's authorized , you can type in your zip code. They give store names and #'s and if there not in your area I'm sure making a call to of them to see if they ship cannot hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom