• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Onsen Labs Desktop Pro Vaporizer

Tremojem

What?

Again, not everyone is knowledgeable or experienced, so we come here for guidance and direction.

The reply, although well intended, did nothing to help novices understand the difference.

I heard someone say that ceramic heaters were not the effective way to heat flower to a vaping temperature that produces quality vape.

Great to hear, but back it up with an explanation.

The only other heat sources I can think of are torch or coiled elements.

BUT I DON'T KNOW.

I am here to learn.

So why the hate on whip vapes.

I have a PAX3 and a Mighty and now waiting for my first Desktop...Ditanium.

I have no idea what to expect...well kinda.

My plan was to use the Ditanium to take some of the load off of my two portables, AND elevate the experience with what I hoped would be more of a real Quality session. With exceptional flavor and smooth, cool draws.

Like drinking 21 year old Scotch vs. a 12 year old Scotch. From a glass and not the bottle. Very bad example...sorry.

So I am confused and not educated on vaping...sorry. I have only just started.

I think I figured out the caterpillar reference

Caterpillar is slow and lazily moves about his day.

Butterfly is mobile and moves about constantly.

Hmmm...again, this adds no value.

If being tied to a table with good friends, flower, music, food, drink and great conversation is considered sloth...then I disagree. Where I come from its called community.

Tell all the followers that sit for hours at a time to watch Livestreams from Troy and Jerry, that they are sloths...lol.

Literally.

A 10 minute session at a table before playing Frisbee is not lazy.

Whatever...I surrender. I have better things to consider.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I have used DBV for a lot of time .Then moved to magic wand which was similar to herborizer og and prefer not having whip for variety of reasons,the deal breaker is is because i can smell the silicone. I just have jedi senses ,not that there is anything wrong with it . Sry i really tried to make a joke and not a mocking. I am on the other side of the great language barrier reefer .
Have you heard of Lazy Sofa ? Lazy Bong (laid back style) ? It is not an attribute to the personally but more like current mood or just because,i dont see anyone dancing around with a whip in hand, i have broken enough wands and heater covers just while watching movies :D..
Ceramic elements are pretty good at heating air it is just they are small and have to work on glowing temps in order to achieve vaporization temperatures.
Edited: To all followers of Jerry and Troy, if man came from the monkey , you came from the sloths :D... Hope this doesnt sound racial .... only joking

Last edited:

Razhumikin

So are there no user reviews or videos of this vape, even now that it has gone to market? I can't find anything online.

Razhumikin,
Reactions: arb

Hippie

I think the real problem here is that it's too similar to the well reapected 7th floor vapes offerings already on the market and nothing new

Ceramic elements don't HAVE to glow to work by the way
I made a temp controlled log vape using the LSV heater cover and a 936D soldering iron that doesn't glow

I look like this tooting on it lol

Tremojem

No worries, it's all good.

Thank you for sharing the smell issue with silicone, I am hoping I don't experience the same thing, as I totally understand and respect that you feel that way.

I too had reservations about breaking glass, burning myself or the house down...lol.

The only considerations I had were SSV, DBV, EQ, Onsen Labs, and Ditanium.

I was excited to try whips, balloons and fan assist.

In the end price and reviews made the decision for me.

I am not the guy that gives up on technology and innovation.

So I know I might own another or two desktops and am already anxious to get the Might+, to go with my current Mighty (rumor alert).

I am really curious about the Onsen Labs offering because there is little to no information out there, and I like the pitch...assist heat or whatever it is.

So I will keep my eyes open and share all that I may learn online, here.

Tremojem,

staircase slight of hand

So are there no user reviews or videos of this vape, even now that it has gone to market? I can't find anything online.

Yeah, this is exactly what concerns me about this vape, and it’s compounded by the fact that the “Testimonials” section of their site seems to basically consist of the creator’s friends and family.

staircase slight of hand,
Reactions: Razhumikin

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I am a member and contribute to many diffetent forums, and I have to say... I am shocked at some of the attitudes on this forum. A "Stoner" peace and love Vaping forum, no less.

Since when did a whip vape come to be stereotypical for "sick" or "lazy" people?

Where is the support and patience to really make a difference.

Negative, stereotypical, elitist, and rude contributions do not make change for the better.

I feel the site is a little biased.

Sorry for stating something that may get me banned, but I can do better for myself.

I hope I am wrong and just having a bad day...but really?

Well, at least you told us!
Go ahead and give yourself a pat on the back. You deserve it :clap:

P.S.
Nothing wrong with whips. I love my SSV :tup:

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Tremojem

As you well know, every forum is different, even ones that talk about the same topics.
Fc is vastly different from the Vape Life Forum just as those two forums are also completely different to the Vapor Asylum.
All 3 discuss vaporizers, just in different ways.

As an example, I LOVE FC and have for many years now and continue to do so.
The other 2 are seldom visited but I do check in from time to time...

Since you know so much about vaporizers etc... You will also know that whip based vapes have been around for a lot longer than most of the newer vapes. Ceramic heating rods, the exact ones used in soldering irons, are used to power vapes and they can have their drawbacks such as cracking or causing some hot spots.
Keeping your whip clean and smelling fresh is a never ending battle and it is something that needs to be replaced often.

I have owned the Silver Surfer and now the Super Surfer as well as the Light Saber, all ceramic heating rod based vapes.
They perform very well but have had no advancements in many years...

Onto the Onsen... It came onto the scene after many people were moving towards different heating technologies, more modern and up to date.
This vape is just a clone of all other ceramic heater rod based vaporizers out there...
Nothing new or revolutionary in it's design and it seems to have NOT taken off at all.

Take a read through the manufacturers page and see if you believe everything posted there.
Lots of fun facts...:lol:
I think I highlighted some of them earlier in the amazing 4 page thread... And see that the website has been changed considerably since then...

I enjoy FC because it is a huge, global community of like minded members.
There are so may threads for you to discover and enjoy and be a part of!

If you have this vape, then please post your thoughts on it!!
We have been looking for an actual review from a human for a very long time now...
It says a LOT about a vape that is a few years old with ZERO reviews online.
Except for the manufacturers Aunt Theresa, his sister and his cousin Chrissy....LMAO!!!

Aunt Teresa​

My Aunt Teresa lives well today, although it wasn’t until she took her health and wellness seriously, that her quality of life improved. Through herbal wellness and meditation, she now keeps herself in good health. I’m her caretaker in the Illinois Herb Program and I’ve helped her find her way in the emerging industry. She is Onsen Labs first customer and has helped in the testing and development of the Desktop Pro Vaporizer.

“I feel better after using the Desktop Pro! Smoking was hurting my lungs so much.”
-Aunt Teresa-

My Sister​

My Sister is a newer participant in the Illinois Herb Program! We omit her name here because she is still discriminated against in her profession. However, due to the Desktop Pro she now lives an improved quality of life and is also Onsen Labs’ second customer.

“My herbal wellness use shouldn’t be discriminated against and this product helps me with that! When people see it on the counter, they don't think twice about it, the Desktop Pro fits in well with my other kitchen appliances, which also means they are not able to judge me about it!”
-The Smarter Sister-

Cousin Chrissy​

Chrissy was not as fortunate. She lost her crusade 10 years before the legalization of herb in Illinois.

Chrissy and I were close, growing up together. Three seasons of the year, our parents frequently took us camping together. We were regulars at Jellystone Campground in Amboy, IL and we had the entire park as our childhood playground.

She showed me the way with many things in life, including how to country line dance, how to talk to girls, and she would even tell on me (true to a big sister stereotype), if she thought it was in my best interest! She was often right too, haha, and I needed parental intervention! She was the big sister I never had.

But at the young age of 22 years old, one of my closest cousins and lifelong friend, Christine Pawlowski, lost her crusade.

I bear her name tattooed on my left shoulder and her memory in my heart.

Through these experiences, we decided we wanted to be more than just the next trendy vape. Herbal wellness and hope for others became the purpose that found us.

So while the glass art platform we initially set out for is still inherently built into our product, it was the culmination of these other experiences, which engaged our vision at Onsen Labs to firstly focus on the development of a Laboratory Grade product. One that met the needs of our emerging community, and that does so without the stigma of the 1970’s counter-culture. We have not forgotten our roots, and we will still bring out the art. But we must now also represent a new type of user in front of this device; a person that could just one day happen to be - you or your family.

Tremojem

Nice information, thanks.

I stated in my post, that I am new and learning.

Please share more about the NEW heating technologies that separated themselves from the ceramic heating element design of the past.

This is where newbies need more information.

Thankd

Tremojem,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Nice information, thanks.

I stated in my post, that I am new and learning.

Please share more about the NEW heating technologies that separated themselves from the ceramic heating element design of the past.

This is where newbies need more information.

Thankd
This is not the right place to ask about this.
On this forum we keep the info relevant to the device in their own threads. This avoids confusion and adding a ton of useless info to a device.
I would recommend that you spend some time perusing the whole forum to find what interests you.
There are desktop devices, portable devices and ecigs. Also DIY threads and for sale.
Find what interests you and ask in the relevant threads.

Top Bottom