OLD MATE (formerly Medgrind)

OMD

Accessory Maker
If it's going to be bigger, might I humbly suggest 2 bearings in a thicker lid with a sufficiently lengthened post? It'll get rid of a lot of the rocking play from the single bearing setup.
That is actually exactly how its been designed!

I need to prototype if the 2 bearings work well or i go to a single larger bearing. I guess i will work it out when i make the first metal prototype.

Ben

Mr.Grumpy

That is actually exactly how its been designed!

I need to prototype if the 2 bearings work well or i go to a single larger bearing. I guess i will work it out when i make the first metal prototype.

Ben

Awesome! Very much looking forward to it! I played around with the current grinder and machined a 22mm OD sleeve to fit two 10x15x3 bearings in the lid, and another 10mm OD sleeve to fit over the post. A single bearing showed similar rocking to the stock, but 2 bearings completely got rid of it. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out an easy way to securely mount the sleeve on the post so I'm back to stock.

Very much looking forward to the XL. Can't wait to feel how heavy the lid will be with all that extra mass!

Mr.Grumpy,
Reactions: UhuM
Top Bottom