O'Connell Woodworks Vaporizers

SquirrelMaster

@gratefulabe
They each have their strengths and are both good choices. In addition to what I said above, the Runt is smaller so it's easier to handle in use and very quick to dump and load.

There's more wood in my future from Doug's Woodery as well as a junior and the rest of the Sticky Brick lineup. I'll be looking at O'Connells other offering with how impressed I am with the OHV that's for sure.

O'Connell Woodworks Vapes

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I don't think the rattling would bug me too much... It seems to do quite a good job.

I was impressed to see how even the abv you produce is compared to your first few videos.

The Micro series is really awesome, but I'm intrigued by all your models quite a bit. *Love* that poker / tamping / locking tool, also how it's stored on the Micro. It shows attention to detail, which I like a lot.

I don't own any „real“ butane vapes yet, though I like the concept. Your stuff is on my radar for sure.
The rattling actually will stop often as the glass gets caught on one another, I usually have to bump it to get it to knock loose. It's tougher than you'd think for sure.

Yes! My first successful prototype worked okay without the diffuser disc, but the addition of the disc made it much easier to use. My most recent minor tweaks seem to have it spot on with ease and speed of vaporization.

Thank you very much for the compliments! That means a lot to me, as I do see myself as having high attention to detail and I strive to make it show in my products. Basically if I wouldn't use it, I won't sell it. I design these products for my use first then make changes as I improve. I really hope you do try one for yourself some day. Even though I make them and benefit off my sales, I honestly think it's one of the best vapes out there. (only my opinion, unless your agree )

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
e6faff_d6b8bce720bd4d09850e6426badd1f79~mv2.webp

The Inception Stem. I wanted to make nippled glass even better. And wowsers! This made me stop using my OHBV through water for the meantime. Plus my wife uses the mega globe for concentrates daily, so I just leave it to her.

*Update*
I'll be updating some of my website to show specifications for each product as well as figure out a way for reviews so y'all can see what others think as well as give me feedback to make improvements.

*Upcoming*
I will soon have a 3 piece wooden grinder available, as well as wooden storage containers. I'll be attending a glass blowing class in the near future as well, so be on the lookout for some new glass techniques coming to my store!

2020 will be a fantastic year! Not only for me, but for y'all as well! As this industry continues to move further into the light, we are rapidly shifting to a cannabis culture instead of alcohol. That's my hope anyway! But I honestly think this industry will very soon expand and being on the ground floor already deep in it will be very beneficial for our future. My goal is to have amazing products at a fair price so that you guys don't have to break bank to own any of my products. Thank you for your support!!

Stay Happy & Stay High!
-OWW

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@O'Connell Woodworks Vapes
I think you need to use another image host. (Unless it is just me who can’t see any of the images?)

I like postimages.org . Just upload from your library (no account needed) and copy the “hotlink for forum” link and paste it in post.

Edit: guess it’s just me.

Last edited:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I see the image fine.
Oh my gravy. Is that a stem in a stem? Please tell us more! It looks really cool and sturdy. Does it take multiple paths, or is this reinforced?

Diggy Smalls,

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@O'Connell Woodworks Vapes
I think you need to use another image host. (Unless it is just me who can’t see any of the images?)

I like postimages.org . Just upload from your library (no account needed) and copy the “hotlink for forum” link and paste it in post.

Edit: guess it’s just me.
Lol, sorry friend! The images are on my website, that is where it's linked to. If you still have issues, feel free to check everything out on my website. Thank you!
https://www.oconnellwoodworks.com

I see the image fine.
Oh my gravy. Is that a stem in a stem? Please tell us more! It looks really cool and sturdy. Does it take multiple paths, or is this reinforced?
Why yes it is! I was inspired because I wanted to hit dry but wanted it cooler. So I grabbed my two sizes of glass tubing and it went in with a little room to spare, perfect!!
So I continued to make a few iterations that broke easily due to glass pushing on other glass without wiggle room. My third iteration led to success! It jiggles a little, but it holds up very well! Water vapor builds up between the two tubes and it seems to cool even better once that happens. Super simple to clean, just run under hot tap water for a minute. I rinse mine every day or two so it doesn't build up and get stale smelling or tasting.
About the vapor path, it goes through the inside tube as well as around it. I'm sure it slows down on the outside of small tube once water vapor from the butane torch builds between the glass. I restricted airflow and it seems to help with even roasting in the bowl as well!

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
So all models gave the same massive bowl? I'm trying to figure out which one I want to eventually buy, but bowl size and adaptability are important to me. I want to be able to use it dry but also attach it to a small bubbler for bigger pulls. I use smaller amounts...I find a vapcap bowl to be on the larger size

grogazola

I’m loving the dynavap stem family! Nice choices of woods too!

I’m a clean freak! Can I put a condenser into your stems?

If not, do you clean your stems out? Should I even worry about cleaning them - would the absorption of oils adds to the flavour/experience?

Damn that burl looks gorgeous!

grogazola,
Reactions: kushkush

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@O'Connell Woodworks Vapes – What are your international shipping fees these days?

Some comments on the ability to microdose would be cool indeed. :-)
Hi, international shipping varies depending on where to. Usually around $20 tho. All different versions have the same size bowl. With the new intake tweak, you can add very little herb and get great hits still. I recommend at least covering the screen with a thin layer for a minimum bowl amount and then lightly tamping. Thank you.

I’m loving the dynavap stem family! Nice choices of woods too!

I’m a clean freak! Can I put a condenser into your stems?

If not, do you clean your stems out? Should I even worry about cleaning them - would the absorption of oils adds to the flavour/experience?

Damn that burl looks gorgeous!

Thank you! I too enjoy how they turned out! Sometimes an idea come out terrible but I'm proud of that design . You can actually put the condenser into every size (condenser goes into the back side of oven on the Small size but still works just as good), if you decide to purchase and would like an air hole, just add it in the notes at checkout. And yes, you can clean them out with a qtip and some iso, just may need to reapply wood oil after doing so. Thank you!

I've also been toying with the idea of making the mouthpiece hole bigger on the OHV, to change it to the same size I use for the OHBV adapter and Mouthpiece. Basically it'll open a whole new set of possibilities of how you can use the OHV using your own whips, bongs, and stems. And I can have an Inception Stem and similar idea stems for it.

Joeguito

@gratefulabe
They each have their strengths and are both good choices. In addition to what I said above, the Runt is smaller so it's easier to handle in use and very quick to dump and load.

There's more wood in my future from Doug's Woodery nova 2 as well as a junior and the rest of the Sticky Brick lineup. I'll be looking at O'Connells other offering with how impressed I am with the OHV that's for sure.
I want one but not sure witch, I have asking for recommendations and most of the people tells me Doug's is the best from SB and O'Connell / but O'Connell's work looks crazy especially the light color with purple is sick

Last edited:
Joeguito,

SquirrelMaster

I want one but not sure witch, I have asking for recommendations and most of the people tells me Doug's is the best from SB and O'Connell / but O'Connell's work looks crazy especially the light color with purple is sick

I wasn't impressed with the wood on my Doug's Woodery Nova to be honest. The wood has cracking that I was not informed of before purchase otherwise I definitely would not have gone with that species. My SBL Pink Ivory on the other hand is gorgeous.

I do not regret my OHV one bit. The purple heart/spalted hackberry combo (the same one you like) looks fantastic and is very easy to use. It's a bit bigger than the Runt and the glass has a smaller diameter (not thin) but the addition of magnets, the built in stir/tamp tool which can lock everything into place, the option for custom engraving and the general rigidity of the design feel great. As soon as I saw that combo I knew I needed to add one to my collection. Awesome awesome device!

celsius

These looks really nice. Are they butane operated vapes? I've been curious about those for a while, but I'm also kind of digging not needing a lighter for the past 3 years or so. haha

celsius,

Joeguito

I wasn't impressed with the wood on my Doug's Woodery Nova to be honest. The wood has cracking that I was not informed of before purchase otherwise I definitely would not have gone with that species. My SBL Pink Ivory on the other hand is gorgeous.

I do not regret my OHV one bit. The purple heart/spalted hackberry combo (the same one you like) looks fantastic and is very easy to use. It's a bit bigger than the Runt and the glass has a smaller diameter (not thin) but the addition of magnets, the built in stir/tamp tool which can lock everything into place, the option for custom engraving and the general rigidity of the design feel great. As soon as I saw that combo I knew I needed to add one to my collection. Awesome awesome device!
Thanks now I probably get it then the only thing is what you said glass is thinner but I’ll love to have it probably next step I will love to have a job like that making vapes for fun and getting payed

Joeguito,

SquirrelMaster

@celsius
Yes, they're butane vapes. Bit of a learning curve but my OHV came with a "heat diffuser disk" that acts like training wheels until you get the hang of it. I'd didn't take me long.

Thanks now I probably get it then the only thing is what you said glass is thinner but I’ll love to have it probably next step I will love to have a job like that making vapes for fun and getting payed

I had to double check as I meant the external size of the glass on the OHV is smaller than the Runt but the glass wall is slightly thinner as well. Think of a regular drinking straw compared to a jumbo Slurpee straw. Not that drastic but you probably get the idea. It survived a 5 foot drop onto concrete so far so it's seems to be durable.

Anything in the Cannabis industry is a dream job for me. Do what you love and I love Cannabis. Not necessarily just the getting high part as I use CBD regularly for pain relief. It's just such an amazing plant with so many uses.

Joeguito

@celsius
Yes, they're butane vapes. Bit of a learning curve but my OHV came with a "heat diffuser disk" that acts like training wheels until you get the hang of it. I'd didn't take me long.

I had to double check as I meant the external size of the glass on the OHV is smaller than the Runt but the glass wall is slightly thinner as well. Think of a regular drinking straw compared to a jumbo Slurpee straw. Not that drastic but you probably get the idea. It survived a 5 foot drop onto concrete so far so it's seems to be durable.

Anything in the Cannabis industry is a dream job for me. Do what you love and I love Cannabis. Not necessarily just the getting high part as I use CBD regularly for pain relief. It's just such an amazing plant with so many uses.

exactly I am always thinking of tricks foR my the vapes It’s just fun

Choices

I own 3 Dynavap M models and 2 amazing Vapman Basics and I still haven’t owned a butane vape since I use a Portside Mini and a Vapman Station respectively. When I was on @VGOODIEZ I saw the OHV Micro and was intrigued so I clicked on over. I watched a video or two on the website and decided to look at the Micro again. I scanned the colors and the padauk version looked amazing. I’m looking forward to using a no other option butane vape. It is a vape that appears to require mindfulness when using it. I think it could be good for me to be more mindful in many facets of my life. I think if I start here maybe I give myself my best shot of being successful elsewhere? Well I had been using that M collection and Portside Mini quite a bit this evening and and created such a mood within myself that I bought one! Mindfulness training will be starting up soon!

Top Bottom