O'Connell Woodworks Vaporizers

Choices

@Diggy Smalls the Micro is quite portable. I’m not so sure it plays nice with water pieces but the Micro combo might be to your liking. Also the OHV with an inception stem is available. This would allow you to do both, although the exposed glass isn’t protected like it is in the Micro. Just my thoughts!

kenske

Greetings,

I received 2 new toys yesterday and one of them is a OHV Micro. As mentioned previously, this is my 1st wood box convection vaporizer (that's butane powered). I came across this vape by accident and decided to give it a try. For my 1st couple of test drives, i used an aluminum foil shield (as recommended by @Choices) so i dont scorch the gorgeous wood. I must say.... the performance and experience exceeded my expectations. I packed a very small bowl and this thing just rips...very efficient. Also, the unit is very well made and properly packaged . Wood and worksmanship is top notch. The attention to detail is evident & very much appreciated. I can see myself ordering another one in the future as a backup. I do have a SB Jr. arriving soon so i can compare.
20200427-182731.jpg

20200427-182656.jpg

20200427-204802.jpg
20200427-175225.jpg

Last edited:

Choices

Greetings,

I received 2 new toys yesterday and one of them is a OHV Micro. As mentioned previously, this is my 1st wood box convection vaporizer. I came across this vape by accident and decided to give it a try. For my 1st couple of test drives, i used an aluminum foil shield (as recommended by @Choices) so i dont scorch the gorgeous wood. I must say.... the performance and experience exceeded my expectations. I packed a very small bowl and this thing just rips...very efficient. Also, the unit is very well made and properly packaged . Wood and worksmanship is top notch. The attention to detail is evident & very much appreciated. I can see myself ordering another one in the future as a backup. I do have a SB Jr. arriving so i can compare.
20200427-182731.jpg

20200427-182656.jpg

20200427-204802.jpg
20200427-175225.jpg
Love that bib @kenske! I look forward to your comparison to the SB Jr. I think SB products are held in high regard and deservedly so. I just saw this as a less costly entry point to try out a wood block vape and perhaps it is all I’ll need.... Nah... I’ve been looking at also getting an OHV for days!

@kenske what wood is your Micro fashioned from?

kenske

Love that bib @kenske! I look forward to your comparison to the SB Jr. I think SB products are held in high regard and deservedly so. I just saw this as a less costly entry point to try out a wood block vape and perhaps it is all I’ll need.... Nah... I’ve been looking at also getting an OHV for days!

@kenske what wood is your Micro fashioned from?

Thanks Choices! Regardless of how perfect a particular vape is.....i can't just have one and be satisified :D. It's always good to have different toys to swap around. After I got my 1st dynavap a lil over a year ago, it has been my daily driver since. I really thought i would not learn to appreciate other vapes. Needless to say , I am so wrong...lol

I see the Dynavap, LB(unregulated on demand convection), and these wood on demand convection vapes being my main drivers. My session vapes are only used when i know i will be sharing with other ppl.

I like the OHV a lot and would purchase in a heartbeat. But one of my personal need/want helps eliminate a lot of choices...and thats the fact that i need the glass pieces cocealed and protected (when not in use) for these types of vapes.

This particular one is leopard wood.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
My perfect option for me would connect to a bong or use a mouthpiece and able to conceal/protect the mouthpiece and intake with wood.
That said, I think I'm going to order the ohbv with inception stem. What a great deal! Now the question is what to get engraved on it?

Choices

@kenske Yes I like the concealing aspect for the glass as well, especially how the tool covers up the mouthpiece. I’m trying to think of a way to fabricate a metal bib/poncho to provide scorching protection as well as be a cover for the exposed intake when rotated into the closed position. If my brain comes up with something I’ll let you know...

My perfect option for me would connect to a bong or use a mouthpiece and able to conceal/protect the mouthpiece and intake with wood.
That said, I think I'm going to order the ohbv with inception stem. What a great deal! Now the question is what to get engraved on it?
Notorious D.I.G.? (Dope Instead of Game?) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

kenske

@kenske Yes I like the concealing aspect for the glass as well, especially how the tool covers up the mouthpiece. I’m trying to think of a way to fabricate a metal bib/poncho to provide scorching protection as well as be a cover for the exposed intake when rotated into the closed position. If my brain comes up with something I’ll let you know...

I've stopped using the bib after 2 bowls (6-8 hits). I made it quickly b/c I couldn't wait any longer to fire this sucker up. The bib i made actually gets in the way of my view. I got rid of it as soon as I felt confident with my aim. I am not sure if it impacts performance, but i aim the flame upwards and it hits the 12'o clock position/lip of the intake. I keep that angle/position as I move the flame closer or away from from the intake. The bib is def great training wheels for me and anyone else starting out (and perhaps after one is thoroughly medicated):lol:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Yeah, I think it's intended to aim the flame at an upward angle with the ohv micro. The intake is tiny, but this would easily prevent scorching

Diggy Smalls,
Reactions: kushkush

kenske

Yeah, I think it's intended to aim the flame at an upward angle with the ohv micro. The intake is tiny, but this would easily prevent scorching

Yep. In addition, once you start drawing on it... the flame gets sucked right into the opening. A flared intake will def make it a little easier and allows us to be less precise...but i do not think it is required. It would be a great upgrade to an already perfect vape. Here is the bowl after 4 big, vaporful hits (stirred and tamped only once after 2nd hit I can def get another 1 outta this .... im really impressed. It is pretty even and im sure it will be even better if i stirred and tamped after every hit.
20200428-134245.jpg

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Ok, I ordered a OHBV in Bubinga w/ the Inception Stem. It comes with a free laser engraving, so I'm getting my favorite band's logo on it! Woohoo! It's too bad I didn't jump on it for the 420 sale, but this fell out of my radar for a while, unfortunately. No worries. This is still an awesome deal.

I was planning on getting this bad boy for the versatility, but tonight my partner decided I can only vape outside! So I changed to needing the coolest vapor without using a bong/bubbler. I asked Jonathan about which one he recommended for my needs, and it was still the OHBV w/ Inception Stem. Word up! I'm so excited.

Here's the band logo I'm looking at

I feel so old...they haven't used this logo since 1994 maybe? lol

Diggy Smalls,
Reactions: kenske

Choices

Ok, I ordered a OHBV in Bubinga w/ the Inception Stem. It comes with a free laser engraving, so I'm getting my favorite band's logo on it! Woohoo! It's too bad I didn't jump on it for the 420 sale, but this fell out of my radar for a while, unfortunately. No worries. This is still an awesome deal.

I was planning on getting this bad boy for the versatility, but tonight my partner decided I can only vape outside! So I changed to needing the coolest vapor without using a bong/bubbler. I asked Jonathan about which one he recommended for my needs, and it was still the OHBV w/ Inception Stem. Word up! I'm so excited.

Here's the band logo I'm looking at

I feel so old...they haven't used this logo since 1994 maybe? lol
@Diggy Smalls I have a question for you:
What’s your favorite color baby?

Also the site is still showing a sale going on at least it did last night. We’re you able to take advantage of the sale?

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
@Diggy Smalls I have a question for you:
What’s your favorite color baby?

Also the site is still showing a sale going on at least it did last night. We’re you able to take advantage of the sale?
Living colour! :)
Oh yeah it's not as deep of a sale but still an excellent deal. I just couldn't pass it up. It didn't hurt that it included free laser engraving, either.

kushkush

happy camper....
Wow...I'm impressed. Received my first O'Connell's Woodworks OHV and got it mastered in a day! haha

I'm really impressed with how beautiful the wood is. It's a piece of art so I keep it sitting within eye's view. I ordered the Cherry wood (its darker than the blond color you see on the site).

Seriously, I didn't expect it to be so easy to do. And there's almost too little evidence to prove I scorched the weed-tamping tool just a tiny bit at the top edge. Lesson: Move your tamp tool to the further-away hole from the intake glass before using. Also, that intake glass can be twisted right or left for the right or left-handed person.

I will practice today backing off the intake just a little bit so I can get more and smaller hits from the same bowl for micro-dosing. But here's what I discovered... just do a small 8 or 10 second hit the first time because the second hit is where it's at (you've primed it with the 1st heating). Then, I will just do the 10 sec hits to get smaller vapor from each hit. But you can take longer hits for huge vapor if you want. Unless you are vision-impaired you should be able to hit the intake hole just fine... keeping it there just takes a little concentration for a short time.

Now I just need to know which one to get to use with bubblers. So please give some more reviews for those! Im seriously staring at "The OHBV" right now....

Question: Is it true that the potency of your bud is better served in some vaporizers than in others? In other words, the bud seems to be a lot more potent in this OHV than in some of my other flower devices. The bud's effect seems to hit harder and sooner even with smaller hits.... Am I just imagining things?

:leaf:

P.S. I think this might be Jonathon's best video for tips for using...

Last edited:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Wow...I'm impressed. Received my first O'Connell's Woodworks OHV and got it mastered in a day! haha

I'm really impressed with how beautiful the wood is. It's a piece of art so I keep it sitting within eye's view. I ordered the Cherry wood.

Seriously, I didn't expect it to be so easy to do. And there's almost too little evidence to prove I scorched the weed-tamping tool just a tiny bit at the top edge. Lesson: Move your tamp tool to the further-away hole from the intake glass before using. Also, that intake glass can be twisted right or left for the right or left-handed person.

I will practice today backing off the intake just a little bit so I can get more and smaller hits from the same bowl for micro-dosing. But here's what I discovered... just do a small 8 or 10 second hit the first time because the second hit is where it's at (you've primed it with the 1st heating). Then, I will just do the 10 sec hits to get smaller vapor from each hit. But you can take longer hits for huge vapor if you want. Unless you are vision-impaired you should be able to hit the intake hole just fine... keeping it there just takes a little concentration for a short time.

Now I just need to know which one to get to use with bubblers. So please give some more reviews for those! Im seriously staring at "The OBV" right now....

Question: Is it true that the potency of your bud is better served in some vaporizers than in others? In other words, the bud seems to be a lot more potent in this OHV than in some of my other flower devices. The bud's effect seems to hit harder and sooner even with smaller hits.... Am I just imagining things?

Yeah, man. I'm happy to hear your positive report on the vape. I've got the full sized bong certain with the inception stem on order so I'll be sure to share my feedback. It's unlikely I'll ever get to try it on a bong now since vaping in the house is outlawed.

kushkush

happy camper....
I think what you got will be my next one. So do post a nice long review for us. :nod:

Another tip after my experience today... if you turn the intake glass a little bit toward your face, you can see better where your flame is going. Easy-peasy.

I love the wood! :love:

P.S. Tip... a cotton Q-tip works perfect for swirling around in your bowl to mop up all the little pieces of spent bud after emptying the bowl.

Last edited:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
My beast came in today. I am very happy about the function of this vape. It's a breeze to use and very fun.

The packaging is very eye catching. I knew exactly what it was before I opened it!

It's a sharp looker. I like the wood's color and grain. Feels nice in the hand.

The wood does not align perfectly, which is my one gripe with it. There is a little wiggle room. Wiggle it one way and it's lined up, but wiggle it the other way and it's like this:

This is the view when I use it. No trouble at all aiming for the intake. The sound helps a lot.

Another view. Note the misalignment of the two halves. It's kind of annoying, honestly.

The top can conveniently be held off center to allow for stirring, tamping, and even loading. Very nice! Me likey. The magnets hold tight and there's a satisfying snap when the top goes on.

The finish on the wood is decent, but you can clearly see there is some areas that could use some hand sanding. To do so now would jeopardize my awesome Living Colour logo. Nope, not gonna do that!

There are some minor imperfections to the wood in one area, and I don't mind it at all. It's wood! This is what wood does and it adds to the charm. :)

The logo looks nice. Not too big, not flashy. But noticeable and iconic. I like. It also looks kind of like me, so that's not bad. Hahahaha

Close up of my laser engraving. My favorite band of all time!

There really wasn't much to dial in. The vapor is smooth as hell. No heat or irritation. This double stem is quite clever, along with the design of the vape. The stir tool is always ready and doubles as a tamper. It's held in place by one of the magnets that hold the two halves together. I'm considering trying it on a j hook at night. I can only vape outside and people can see me out there. I sat on my porch and puffed away with this without too much worry. But if people were out in the adjacent backyards, I would have to obscure myself a bit.

The glass is really thick and nice. Even with the minor flaws, it was well worth my money.
I did reach out to O'Connell about the wiggle room of the vape and he explained why it happened and that it's difficult to avoid but said I could let him know if it bothered me too much. I'm on the fence about what to do. It works wonderfully and the wiggle is a minor irritation. Without the misalignment, I would be holding and playing with the magnets much more. I really like it a lot. It is kind of a rough finish on the wood. I don't know that there is anything added to it, but I do have some wood conditioner I can use on it.

I think this is an exceptional value and makes a groovy hand-held vape. I still have to check on glass, but that is more of a secondary feature for me. I was looking for the one with the coolest vapor and it is some really cool vapor. No complaint there.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious

Added some wood conditioner and the color really pops now. Nice semi gloss finish and deep reddish brown. Gorgeous.

I used it through my bubbler last night and got wrecked on hemp lol
It works very well, but it does not provide as thick of vapor as I am accustomed to with my other vapes. Through a standard j hook the heat was kind of irritating on my throat. I actually prefer using this with the inception stem!

Last edited:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Where do you get the Inception stem and is it alone enough to cool down the vapor?

It's an accessory. I got a sale that included it, but it's well worth the upgrade. Yes, it cools it very well while still providing quick feedback.
With my bubbler, it can scorch before I taste it, but the inception stem cools and provides immediate feedback.
I'll clean it every night with soap an water to keep it clean, but water does have a tendency to hang around in the tight spaces where the glass gets tight. I imagine vape honey would get in there otherwise.

Diggy Smalls,
Reactions: kushkush

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I am at peace with it. Thank you though. After paying close attention to videos I see others of this model do the same thing. It's a handmade piece of functional art. I do think the descriptions could mention the slight chance with the models that have this issue typically, but I'm not bothered by it anymore. We are in love

Top Bottom