New York Cannabis News

checkyourlibido

Seen on a gas pump handle.
New York has, so far, zero cannabis-based revenue (except for a few grow-license fees), why are we spending $ on this dumb PSA campaign about a federal law?

At least they are calling it Cannabis instead of Marijuana. Progress!
I was wondering about that while I was at the pump the other day. I mean, are state troopers going to pull you over while crossing state line?

I would rather that money go to something else, we all know at least one cause that could use more funding

checkyourlibido,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I'm planning a trip to NYC at the start of next month ... where's the best place for me to go to buy cannabis (there are legal dispensaries now correct?)

Razhumikin

I'm planning a trip to NYC at the start of next month ... where's the best place for me to go to buy cannabis (there are legal dispensaries now correct?)
There are legal medical dispensaries, but not recreational and they dont take out of state med cards (not that you should try to get nymmj anyway, its garbage). There are seemingly endless grey market stores and trucks selling weed though, so buying isnt hard at all. Where are you staying? Empire cannabis club is a good choice in manhattan, or uncle bud trucks. Near me in Queens Green Empress cannabis and Amsterdam Cannabis club are decent.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Thanks @Razhumikin ! I'm staying in Manhattan and was currently looking through yelp.ca and finding endless lists of cannabis dispensaries (that appear grey market which I'm fine with :) ) Recommendations definitely help a lot though :)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thanks @Razhumikin ! I'm staying in Manhattan and was currently looking through yelp.ca and finding endless lists of cannabis dispensaries (that appear grey market which I'm fine with :) ) Recommendations definitely help a lot though :)
@Razhumikin has it right, all good suggestions. I can vouch for Empire Cannabis Clubs, you pay a $15 fee to be a 24 hr member, no other fees except about 9% tax. Lots of flower choices, better pricing for multiple 1/8th's, a bit pricier by the 1/8, of course. Some selection of edibles, trates and oils - live resin but no live rosin yet :shrug:. I usually go early in the day and have no waiting at all, open at 11:30.
Uncle Bud's trucks are cool; to stop by and pickup something quick, from a "food truck" type vendor.

Be wary of those Weed World trucks (and store in Times Square) which have been hyping cbd edibles to tourists for years.

NYC is a fun and comfortable place these days :chill:, have a good time!

ps
the post just above from @macbill (impounded trucks) is a hint about the tension caused by these blatant vendors in the city, we understand there's a chance any could be shut down on short notice at this point -- stay tuned!

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I think this article has a very good overview of the current status in NY State.

I believe this article is reporting a second round of these cease and desist letters to include more vendors, to a total of 52.

The files that list the recipients make a nice short term state-wide directory!
Thanks, NYS!

The enforcement threatened will come when the vendor applies for a license- the implication is the license will be denied.

But in the meantime, police action is not being threatened.
This means the gray markets will proceed, quite openly, until real licenses are issued (end of this year or so?).

And then? Then we will see why police first came into existence in the US, to protect the interests of private enterprise!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Been in Binghamton since yesterday, we're riding their 6 classic carousels 🎠 .
Yes, and they are all free to ride!

Stopped in at a "sticker store" downtown, shout out to Sugar Mountain,42 Court St.

Two OG headshop guys livin' the dream, glass & bongs up the wazoo. Even after telling me prices they played with calculators and discussed my deal between them.
I came out with 4 grams of live resin and an oz of their mid-shelf bud (two strains) out the door for $420, a friendly number and reasonable deal, for current NY scene.
Selection of flower was limited, I think they had a total of 4 or 5 choices among the 3 levels, but no problem, all seemed 'good'.
These guys deserve to make the cut, to be granted license to do what they've been doing for decades.

howie105

Been in Binghamton since yesterday, we're riding their 6 classic carousels 🎠 .
Yes, and they are all free to ride!

Stopped in at a "sticker store" downtown, shout out to Sugar Mountain,42 Court St.

Two OG headshop guys livin' the dream, glass & bongs up the wazoo. Even after telling me prices they played with calculators and discussed my deal between them.
I came out with 4 grams of live resin and an oz of their mid-shelf bud (two strains) out the door for $420, a friendly number and reasonable deal, for current NY scene.
Selection of flower was limited, I think they had a total of 4 or 5 choices among the 3 levels, but no problem, all seemed 'good'.
These guys deserve to make the cut, to be granted license to do what they've been doing for decades.
Glad you are enjoying your trip, mind if I asked what you paid for just the bud? Thanks

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Glad you are enjoying your trip, mind if I asked what you paid for just the bud? Thanks
I got a little confused, and no records, but I believe the oz was about 240-250.
I got a big handful of useless stickers, but also 2 'posters' 11x17?, kind sepia toned, one of Marley and one a funny Frank Zappa sitting on a toilet!
Their low shelf ozs were about 150 or so.

3 more Carousels to ride today!

Top Bottom